PDA

View Full Version : Topless...don't fly near PHX

PHX ATC
12-23-2006, 02:33 PM
So, there I was, deep in the jungle. Okay, maybe not, but PHX was W0X0F today (no visibility, ceiling to the ground, fog) and planes were flying everywhere as they couldn't land because they couldn't see the runway. They couldn't take off because the RVR (runway visual range) was below 1200. They ground stopped everybody (2nd tier) going to PHX. Of course, it was too late for the aircraft already airborne, they had to divert. We couldn't see 50 feet from the tower this morning.
All that and I was in charge.:sqeyes: :sqeyes:
I had a small chuckle as I thought of Topless' predicament earlier in the week and hoped her kids weren't having to hunker down in PHX or fly around the skies because they couldn't land.
Thanks for the chuckle!
Toby
It all burned off by 11:00 am and they'll be playing catch up all day now. Bummer!
Merry Christmas

Pheelin Phroggy
12-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Are you guys expecting fog again tomorrow, we have some friends that are flying daughter out tomorrow morning, then coming to our place (hesperia)for xmas eve spa and drinks, just wondering if we have to push dinner out awhile.

Jordy
12-23-2006, 03:44 PM
This weather is wacky in Phoenix lately... I'm over it. C'mon Summer!!! :D :D :D

DaveA
12-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Dang, that WX sounds awfully East Coast to me....

Brian
12-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Well if you FAA types would just put a "little" more faith in the FMS we'd be happy to put you right on the runway, fog or not!
:D

AZKC
12-24-2006, 10:55 AM
The Fog was pretty thick here also yesterday probabbly about 100-200ft visability till about 9am:)