PDA

View Full Version : Breast Malfunction

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Alright,
I've posted on this b4, but we need some opinions. The wife had saline gel inplants installed in March of last year. Since that time, the lefty has continually lifted out of the pocket and rises up on her chest.
The doc has said to wait and we waited. Now he says he needs to redo it for a mere $5,200.00 when the entire surgery ( lift & implants ) only cost $9,000.00 to begin with.
Does this sound fair?

little rowe boat
12-23-2006, 03:39 PM
I would call BS. and make him redo his screw up on his dime.

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I am having a tough time with this post. I haven't heard of a $9K boob job, and they are usually warrantied.

Jordy
12-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Where the hell is Larry H. Parker when you need him??? :devil:
Something doesn't sound right with that whole deal. You might outta think about having a consult with someone else, both surgeon wise and legally. ;)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Wife says never more than $5 grand for the whole boob job to begin with,, and yeah, it's the norm to pay to get it fixed.
But for some instances they can run $$ higher.
Put the implants under the muscle if she's thin, and if she's thin it should have been that way to begin with.
Dr Perry Sr. in Glendale, near the Verdugo Hills Hospital is da guy if you want to change Dr's.

beerjet
12-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I would call BS. and make him redo his screw up on his dime.
First words outta my mouth . My wife is planning on having some work done as well and I know this situation is part of her game plan .
Good luck with what ever you decide to do .

Jordy
12-23-2006, 04:05 PM
and yeah, it's the norm to pay to get it fixed.
Never paid for one, but have admired many Dr's work over the years, but that just doesn't seem right, espeically if they weren't ever done right to begin with. I could see if something happened to screw them up and then a cut rate would make sense, like to cover the OR time, expenses, but to pay for the whole deal seems screwy. Then again, I'm not a purchaser, just an end user. ;) :D

mmered8299
12-23-2006, 04:15 PM
A friend had a issue with hers and she only had to pay for the anstigolist (sp?) time.

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 04:25 PM
They are under the muscle, but forsome reason, the one keeps riding up somehow.
The 9K was for the lift and implants. It is my opinion that if ou screwsomething up, you should fixit.

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 04:44 PM
In a cost comparison from the original deal to the screw up repair cost, the original was cheaper, minus the anasthesiologist, but now he has thrown a couple of discounts our way.
Now that is ridiculous.

Kilrtoy
12-23-2006, 04:50 PM
9K hope this guy was one of the best , VERY FEW can command that type of money
AND YES HE SHOULD FIX IT FOR FREE

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 04:54 PM
9K hope this guy was one of the best , VERY FEW can command that type of money
AND YES HE SHOULD FIX IT FOR FREE
I figure this guy must have gotten a boob job for his girlfriend at the same time and is trying to roll it in to the price... ;)
In all sincerity, I have never heard of ANY boob job by ANY Dr. costing over $7K not including recovery in a spa or something.
$9K seems a bit out of range.

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 04:57 PM
So, the conclusion should be that we should write a letter back demanding that he fix his screw up?
Well, the 9K proves that money wont get you the best things in life.
I somehow knew and hoped Kilr would chime in.
Thank You

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
That extra cost came in for the lift. So it says! My ass is starting to hurt.

Kilrtoy
12-23-2006, 05:01 PM
I figure this guy must have gotten a boob job for his girlfriend at the same time and is trying to roll it in to the price... ;)
In all sincerity, I have never heard of ANY boob job by ANY Dr. costing over $7K not including recovery in a spa or something.
$9K seems a bit out of range.
Well there are few of them out there.
5 years ago we had two qoutes 6.5K
and 10K
they were two of the best and still are , we choose the 6.5K, because we could not justify the difference, I can only image what he charges now

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM
This same guy did my sisters, and I guess they look good. A least she says so.

Kilrtoy
Even the best can make a mistake...
One possibilty is the pocket was created too big.
Which would require the pocket being reconstructed to a small size

Jordy
This same guy did my sisters, and I guess they look good.
Get your siggy lines here!!! Free Arkansas siggy lines, while you wait!!! :D :D :D

DUECE'SDAD
12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
So, the conclusion should be that we should write a letter back demanding that he fix his screw up?
Yeah and give you some money back !!! My wife is wanting one and i know you pay for what you get but i hoping more in the 4.5-6.5 k

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Jordy,
That is why I emphasized " I Guess ". I do like Nascar though.

Jordy
12-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Jordy,
That is why I emphasized " I Guess ". I do like Nascar though.
HEY, TURN LEFT HERE!!! :D :D :D
Just funnin' with you because I already was serious one time in this thread and I don't want to drop my average. ;)

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Evidentally, this guy did not work for Team Turnkey!

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:09 PM
I know Jordy. I knew it was coming my way.
I was warned about you a long time ago.

Jordy
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
I was warned about you a long time ago.
Warned about me??? C'mon now, it's all lies I tell ya, all lies!!! :D :D :D
What did they say? :idea:

MikeF
12-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Where the hell is Larry H. Parker when you need him??? :devil:
We worked on his brand new LS a week ago. :eek:

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:14 PM
You know I can't tell you. I wanna keep it private, like everything else on here.
Alright, I can't hold it in.
They say to give you the utmost respect.

Jbb
12-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Warned about me??? C'mon now, it's all lies I tell ya, all lies!!! :D :D :D
What did they say? :idea:
That Jordy's a Hater....:D

Waist Deep
12-23-2006, 05:26 PM
A girl that had hers done two days after the wifes are doing the same thing, but she was quoted 3k for the fix.

Parker Dreamin
12-23-2006, 06:57 PM
visual

Jbb
12-23-2006, 07:02 PM
http://new.wavlist.com/movies/098/a13-problem.wav

Brian
12-23-2006, 07:12 PM
That Jordy's a Hater....:D
Even worse in person. Never want to hang out or have a beer with that guy.
So, Jordy, when's the next Phx happy hour?
:D

DansBlown73Nordic
12-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Some pictures would help....:D

Decided Advantage
12-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Not FUNNY!
You might want to find a reputable doc for a second opinion.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Some pictures would help....:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812more_of_the_twins.jpg

Roaddogg 4040
12-24-2006, 11:35 AM
$hit, just get a new wife with ones that work...:D Oh never mind... I guess that I shouldn't of said that... Make him fix it or tell him that you will fix his the same way...
Steve

acatitude
12-24-2006, 11:59 AM
$hit, just get a new wife with ones that work...:D Oh never mind... I guess that I shouldn't of said that... Make him fix it or tell him that you will fix his the same way...
Steve
LMAO yea not funny , but funny

Waist Deep
12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
I guess I could make his nuts go into his chest!

Trailer Park Casanova
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Sometimes the Dr's overfill the implants.
The implant is usually placed under the pex muscle, then the solution is injected.
Too much solution, or more than the Mfg's recomended amt usually results in all kinds of problems.
So,, sometimes it's good to go to another Dr to have the repairs done, and see if they were done correct in the first place.

CBadDad
12-26-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure what to tell you. We went to see three different docs over the summer, they all said that they would stand by there work, but when the time comes to fix 'em, that is (apparently) another story. Sorry for the both of you for having to do it again. Having to pay again would be adding insult to injury, for sure.
BTW, the three different docs quoted between $5500 to 8K. Add another grand for silicone and another for a lift. So for the doubters, although the number is high, it is not out of the ordinary. Good luck finding one less than $5K - unless you're willing to go to TJ.

Mrs.Killer
12-26-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure what to tell you. We went to see three different docs over the summer, they all said that they would stand by there work, but when the time comes to fix 'em, that is (apparently) another story.
That is what im talking about.
The wife's doc was not happy with what he saw, he said one more month, and im fixing it. WE SAID NO...
He said NOOOOOOOOOOO, its on me, I want it perfect.
turns out, we were happy and he was not..
HE SAID, FREE FIX, we said we were happy.
I guess that is why he is one of the BEST IN THE WORLD!
and My wifes boobs are incredible

Waist Deep
12-26-2006, 07:30 AM
We'll be firing off a letter today and the wife will be going in for a consult from another doc this week.
Thank You for your opinions and support.

CBadDad
03-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Update please.

PunkAssBitch
03-07-2007, 10:18 AM
she could have an infection in her bloodstream which is causing her body to try to "reject" the implant.
This happened to my neighbor, more than once. She had a bad tooth & had a root canal & somehow managed to trap some of the infection in there. Because of that, her left boob goes upward & the capsule hardens. She's really bummed, and has spent WAY more money on trying to get them fixed then she should of. She's replaced the original set & has had 3 more surgeries even after replacing them.
Good info to know for all of ya with implants of any kind........always take a mega dose of anti-biotics a couple of hours before ANY dental work, even cleanings. One of those little tidbits of info that is MAJORLY overlooked & neglected to be passed on to the rest of the world :confused:
If you go to the same doc...he SHOULD guarantee his work, and any additional surgeries should only be the cost of anestesia, unless she's having more done. If you go elsewhere, you'll be starting off all over again, so expect to pay full pop again....but IMO, it's usually worth it & will save alot in the long run.

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Alright,
I've posted on this b4, but we need some opinions. The wife had saline gel inplants installed in March of last year. Since that time, the lefty has continually lifted out of the pocket and rises up on her chest.
The doc has said to wait and we waited. Now he says he needs to redo it for a mere $5,200.00 when the entire surgery ( lift & implants ) only cost $9,000.00 to begin with.
Does this sound fair?
Never heard of saline gel.....Doc should redo for free bottom line. Who is the doc???

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I am having a tough time with this post. I haven't heard of a $9K boob job, and they are usually warrantied.
The only thing that is covered under warranty is leaking of the implant, usually for about 10 years. Shifting of the implant is not covered, but it's an easy fix...

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 10:37 AM
They are under the muscle, but forsome reason, the one keeps riding up somehow.
The 9K was for the lift and implants. It is my opinion that if ou screwsomething up, you should fixit.
Did she follow all of the doctors orders. Most women think that since they have new boobs, they can go without a bra...not. Raising your arms over your head before you are healed will cause them to shift. If the pocket is too large for whatever reason, doc needs to make it smaller with a few sutures.

Mandelon
03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
This doctor is not in the process of building a multi-million dollar house is he???? :D :eek: :rolleyes: :D

TAF
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
OK I'LL SAY IT :D this thread is useless with out PICS:D
Just chim'n in. :sqeyes: :D

TAF
03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Even worse in person. Never want to hang out or have a beer with that guy.
So, Jordy, when's the next Phx happy hour?
:D
Maybe that's what we gotta do to get Pic chic to come back and visit, ehh Jordy? :idea:

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Mandelon, I'll have to confirm that not many things get by you, but the answer is no.
Here's what happened, the top of the pocket never closed which allowed the implant to float upwards. He said it was because she had thicker muscle and it happens sometimes.
Anyhow, we ended up paying $1,300 for the anasthesiologist and both were redone to our satisfaction.
Without pics, I can tell you they look alot better.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Mandelon, I'll have to confirm that not many things get by you, but the answer is no.
Here's what happened, the top of the pocket never closed which allowed the implant to float upwards. He said it was because she had thicker muscle and it happens sometimes.
Anyhow, we ended up paying $1,300 for the anasthesiologist and both were redone to our satisfaction.
That sounds fair to me. Glad it worked out and you're both satisfied.

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Thank You.

Faceaz
03-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Sounds a bit out of line. My wife had hers done last year, look perfect, for about $5,800.00. This guy was in Beverly Hills but came very highly recommended. Let me know if you want his contact info - guarantee he wouldn't want over 5k to fix one side.

CBadDad
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Cool, glad they're all better now. I had been wondering what happened. Going thru it again must've sucked. She didn't go bigger???

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Bigger was not an option as the complimentary repair woulda went out the window.
we did check and the implants alone were about 3,800 bucks, plus the operation, plus removal of the existing silicone gel.
With that being said, bigger was not an option.

Dave C
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
We don't believe you.. PROVE IT.
Glad everything worked out for you though...

bocco
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
21daytona,
My wife's doc sent her home with an elastic/velcro strap that's about 3" wide. You wrap it around the upper chest so it's just under the armpits. Holds em down while they heal. She's supposed to sleep with it for a while to keep them from riding up.

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Yup, she was given an Ace wrap and told to wear a tight support bra on round 1, round 2 we received the velcro wrap to hold em down and another to create the almighty cleavage.

PunkAssBitch
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Bigger was not an option as the complimentary repair woulda went out the window.
we did check and the implants alone were about 3,800 bucks, plus the operation, plus removal of the existing silicone gel.
um...you said she got SALINE implants. There is NO silicone gel involved there. There is a silicone SHELL, but...that's the implants themselves. Removal of the scar tissue/capsule maybe?

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Um I said she got silicone gel implants, if I said saline somewheres, oh well.
Yes, they did remove the scar tissue as well.
Thank You

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
OK, I see where I wrote that in the thread starter. I musta been in a disturbed state at the time. Following that, I think I corrected myself though.

Relaxalot
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
The ultimate nip slip?

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Implants alone are only about $50.00 each. They tell you their more because they have to justify the $7000.00 cost.

Xlration Marine
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
My wife had some stuff done, and shortly after the Doc was in trouble with the law. Hey I saw a Trident in my hood, just before the Phoenix boat show. It was hooked up the an RV with factory stickers all over it. What was up with the HIN? Any way I heard it blurp, I was giung to return the favor but no fuel to the engine. Next time. Oh in Chandler.

cc322
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Lift, implants' removal of scar tissue, all the extra skin is alot more then 5,000.00 and If your gonna do silicone implants even higher. And in about 7-10 years It all needs to be done again. Bobbies are a maintance program:D

cc322
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Implants alone are only about $50.00 each. They tell you their more because they have to justify the $7000.00 cost.
Only for saline silicone are always more $$$$

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Only for saline silicone are always more $$$$
Only a few hundred more, not alot of dough...

racecar.hotshoe
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
So were's the freaking pictures..........................
http://www.blackmailmag.com/images/CINEMA/Jack_Nicholson.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Debbolas
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Get your mamogram once a year (if your age qualifies you)
......And don't forget to check your boobies:D or find a volunteer ;)