PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming broke a bone in his leg...

dmontzsta
12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
5 minutes of play in the game tonight, he will be out 1.5-2 months. The clippers were able to beat the Yao-less and McGrady-less Rockets by 5. :)
This is a big loss for the Rockets, he was their glue while McGrady was out, they will slowly fade down the line now, they are screwed. This is good for the Lakers though! :) Houston and Denver will start slipping down the ranks.
It is a close race for the top 5 in the West.

Old Texan
12-24-2006, 05:27 AM
This is why there are Laker haters, happiness over the misfortune of others.
Very hollow victory. Course it's the only way the Lakers can gain ground I suppose. Maybe they oughta hire Tonya Harding and her gang, go after a few knees outside the locker room........only way they could beat the Suns and Spurs.

JetBoatRich
12-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Sucks for him:mad:

DILLIGAF
12-24-2006, 08:21 AM
I was watching the game and Yao was in a lot of pain. On the ground for almost 5 minutes. As a fan you want your team to win but not at the expense of another athelete. Yes, it gave the Clips a golden opportunity but I would rather see a team beat the other team at full strength. How else do you know where you are at as a team?
I hope he recovers quickly.

dmontzsta
12-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Very hollow victory. Course it's the only way the Lakers can gain ground I suppose. Maybe they oughta hire Tonya Harding and her gang, go after a few knees outside the locker room........only way they could beat the Suns and Spurs.
ha, you think I actually want him hurt? no, as I said it is a big blow to the Rockets. Laker fans know what it is like to have injuries, they suck. But, it is a major part of the game of basketball and what really determines alot of what happens.

Baja Big Dog
12-24-2006, 02:26 PM
\
Hey Texas....what a DICK!!!! no one said they were "happy" with the injury, just said it will benifit the lakers, and yes we know what its like to deal with injuries resulting in ruined seasons, we have lived it many times, unlike the Texas teams............Lakers 8 championships since 76, the entire state of Texas..5....what a douche...

Boa1277
12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Lakers wont see a championship for a long time I dont care who gets hurt. As long as the lakers have Kobe they will not see another championship, that is just my opinion...

dmontzsta
12-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Lakers wont see a championship for a long time I dont care who gets hurt. As long as the lakers have Kobe they will not see another championship, that is just my opinion...
And there you have it, the man who can predict the future.
Ladies and gentleman, Kobe Bryant will not bring a championship to a team.

JetBoatRich
12-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I will never attend or watch another game:mad:

Old Texan
12-24-2006, 06:00 PM
\
Hey Texas....what a DICK!!!! no one said they were "happy" with the injury, just said it will benifit the lakers, and yes we know what its like to deal with injuries resulting in ruined seasons, we have lived it many times, unlike the Texas teams............Lakers 8 championships since 76, the entire state of Texas..5....what a douche...
Douche? Is that like the bag you hang from your collar there "Doggie", the one with the long straw stuck in your lil' pug nose? Keeps your head clear, eh?
Happy Smilies and "Oh boy we're gonna make up ground" sound a lot like wishing on misery to me....

Boa1277
12-25-2006, 11:25 AM
C-mon now I said Kobe Bryant will not bring another championship to the Lakers, he got lucky with Shaq on the team otherwise it would never have happened, Kobe is not the stuff teams are made around, sorry to burst your bubble or hurt your feelings, I know its Christmas.

dmontzsta
12-25-2006, 02:13 PM
C-mon now I said Kobe Bryant will not bring another championship to the Lakers, he got lucky with Shaq on the team otherwise it would never have happened, Kobe is not the stuff teams are made around, sorry to burst your bubble or hurt your feelings, I know its Christmas.
You should be an NBA coach. :)
I guess Jordan is not the stuff teams are made around either huh? ;)

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 07:48 PM
The Lakers had a better record than Houston before Yao went down, so no need to make up any ground at all.

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 07:52 PM
The same could be said for Shaq, lets not forget that he failed in Orlando and in LA till Kobe became a starter, both of them were able to win the Championship once all that happened.

Old Texan
12-26-2006, 07:10 AM
The Lakers had a better record than Houston before Yao went down, so no need to make up any ground at all.
This was never my point at all. Dmontzsa clarified his intent and that was it fro me.
Of course a little "rude dog" statement entered play and a return volley fired which pretty much does it for that portion of the thead.
I'm not a Laker hater by any means, have followed them and rooted for them in "most" of their past championships.
I don't think Kobe is as great as everyone let's on but that is only my opinion. Same with Shaq. We saw yesterday who is the real Heat leader and for 1 game anyway who is the NBA's best player.
1 player doesn't win titles without a stong supporting cast. But 1 player can lead by example. Kobe just seems to have to "work" at being a leader. He seems moody and brooding, sometimes diasppears into a funk when he should be out front leading the charge. Once again just my humble observation, but he is far from the top when it comes to taking over a series or a season.
Jordan and Magic had the leadership qualities that are the benchmark. Kobe is no Magic from that standpoint in Laker history. Even with a superior supporting cast, Magic led the way and wouldn't allow defeat.

Baja Big Dog
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
This was never my point at all. Dmontzsa clarified his intent and that was it fro me.
Of course a little "rude dog" statement entered play and a return volley fired which pretty much does it for that portion of the thead.
I'm not a Laker hater by any means, have followed them and rooted for them in "most" of their past championships.
I don't think Kobe is as great as everyone let's on but that is only my opinion. Same with Shaq. We saw yesterday who is the real Heat leader and for 1 game anyway who is the NBA's best player.
1 player doesn't win titles without a stong supporting cast. But 1 player can lead by example. Kobe just seems to have to "work" at being a leader. He seems moody and brooding, sometimes diasppears into a funk when he should be out front leading the charge. Once again just my humble observation, but he is far from the top when it comes to taking over a series or a season.
Jordan and Magic had the leadership qualities that are the benchmark. Kobe is no Magic from that standpoint in Laker history. Even with a superior supporting cast, Magic led the way and wouldn't allow defeat.
Hay Tex...I read my post, dont think it was that bad, but it was a little harsh!! I must step up to the plate and apoligize.
I think I just need a hug!!!:confused:

Old Texan
12-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Hay Tex...I read my post, dont think it was that bad, but it was a little harsh!! I must step up to the plate and apoligize.
I think I just need a hug!!!:confused:
Now don't go gettin' all mushy...:D

Boa1277
12-26-2006, 08:45 PM
You should be an NBA coach. :)
I guess Jordan is not the stuff teams are made around either huh? ;)
Ok, now that cements it, I have been reading the stuff you have been writing about the Lakers for awhile now, and I almost thought you new a little about the game of basketball, but now you have shown your true nature, to even compare Kobe to Jordan is a joke, Kobe is a joke, he cant lead a team, and that is what it take to win a championship, a leader and Kobe is not that. He is way to self centered, and he doesnt have the game Jordan had. The bottom line is Shaq gave Kobe his 3 rings and that will be the only 3 he will ever get as long as he is the franchise player on any team. Kobe is a great addition, he is like the Scottie Pippen of the Bulls, just watch and see he will never be compared to Michael when his career is over, they will compare him to Pippen.

DILLIGAF
12-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Ok, now that cements it, I have been reading the stuff you have been writing about the Lakers for awhile now, and I almost thought you new a little about the game of basketball, but now you have shown your true nature, to even compare Kobe to Jordan is a joke, Kobe is a joke, he cant lead a team, and that is what it take to win a championship, a leader and Kobe is not that. He is way to self centered, and he doesnt have the game Jordan had. The bottom line is Shaq gave Kobe his 3 rings and that will be the only 3 he will ever get as long as he is the franchise player on any team. Kobe is a great addition, he is like the Scottie Pippen of the Bulls, just watch and see he will never be compared to Michael when his career is over, they will compare him to Pippen.
SMACK!
lol

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Now, I am not saying Kobe is Jordan, but he sure hell is better than Pippen. Lets not forget that Jordan had good teams built around him, and not till that happened did Jordan finally started winning. You think Kobe is a bad leader, Jordan use to get into fights with his teammates over mistakes they made in practice, yes, practice. The Lakers are not done building a team around Kobe, he is starting all over again where as Shaq had Riley build a team around him right away to win, he brought 3 former all stars to play with Shaq. Also, Shaq did not win a ring till Kobe became a starter, till then, Shaq had failed with Penny, Jones, Grant, Scott, and a lot of other good players around him. Kobe works twice as hard as any other NBA player and 10 times harder than Shaq ever did. Read yesterdays LA times and you will see that Jackson stated that Shaq had the worse work ethic out of any player he ever coached, Shaq did not like to work at all.
I think you need to learn as much about the NBA game as Don does, but Don is just exited about his team, I don't know what your excuse is, or care.

dmontzsta
12-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Now, I am not saying Kobe is Jordan, but he sure hell is better than Pippen. Lets not forget that Jordan had good teams built around him, and not till that happened did Jordan finally started winning. You think Kobe is a bad leader, Jordan use to get into fights with his teammates over mistakes they made in practice, yes, practice. The Lakers are not done building a team around Kobe, he is starting all over again where as Shaq had Riley build a team around him right away to win, he brought 3 former all stars to play with Shaq. Also, Shaq did not win a ring till Kobe became a starter, till then, Shaq had failed with Penny, Jones, Grant, Scott, and a lot of other good players around him. Kobe works twice as hard as any other NBA player and 10 times harder than Shaq ever did. Read yesterdays LA times and you will see that Jackson stated that Shaq had the worse work ethic out of any player he ever coached, Shaq did not like to work at all.
I think you need to learn as much about the NBA game as Don does, but Don is just exited about his team, I don't know what your excuse is, or care.
That is the smack back DILLF. Reading Boa1277's post I was in disbelief, how can someone be so delusional. Kobe is compared to MJ ALOT and rightfully so, especially if you look at the stats apples to apples age to age, etc...Kobe has exceeded most of his stats (he did start earlier) but, not to get in to that. Jyruiz was dead on, Shaq does not win championships, no man can win them. The Lakers are still working on the rebuild and are doing VERY well if I might add. They have one of the greatest coaches in history Phil Jackson, he is also in the organization for the long haul (banging the owners daughter, who is going to take over soon). Lets really break it down compared to the championship Bulls...
(Lakers) Kobe (6'6" 220lbs) is averaging around - 39mpg - 30ppg - 5.2apg - 1.4spg - 5rpg
(Bulls) Jordan (6'6" / 195lbs)was averaging - 38mpg - 30ppg - 4.3apg - 2.2spg - 6rpg
Pretty even?
Now, the Bulls had Pippen, lets compare him to Odom (who is still young and getting better.
Odom (6'10" / 230lbs) is averaging 38mpg - 17.5ppg (was 19.7) - 5apg - 9rpg
Pippen (6'7" / 210lbs) was averaging 37mpg - 19ppg - 6apg - 6rpg
Going down the rosters it is similar...
Similar, but different in their own ways. The Lakers bench even seems like it has more talent with Cook, Farmar, Radman, Vujacic, Bynum,
I think the Lakers are trying to remake that Bulls team in someway, they certainly have the seed. I could just be analyzing too much at 20 til midnight. :D

Boa1277
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
You need to read what Phil Jackson writes when he compares the two, why do you think Kobe couldnt stand Phil, why do you think Phil left the lakers and now he is back, the reason is Kobe put the knee pads on and begged him. Phil Jackson coached both of them and he writes Kobe, will never be the player Michael was, he is not the leader that Jordan was, and yes sometimes being a leader you have to get on your teammates to take it to the next level, but the key to doing that is having the respect of your teammates which Kobe does not or will not ever have. I understand liking a team and sticking by them, but please do not put blinders on when it comes to Kobe. Phil also wrote Kobe was the most selfish player he had ever coached or watched play the game of basketball. To be honest I could care less how much basketball knowledge you believe me to have, but facts are facts, and thanks for mentioning Phil Jackson, unfortunately you need to set your ducks up before you try and knock them down. LOL:D

dmontzsta
12-27-2006, 06:49 PM
You need to read what Phil Jackson writes when he compares the two, why do you think Kobe couldnt stand Phil, why do you think Phil left the lakers and now he is back, the reason is Kobe put the knee pads on and begged him. Phil Jackson coached both of them and he writes Kobe, will never be the player Michael was, he is not the leader that Jordan was, and yes sometimes being a leader you have to get on your teammates to take it to the next level, but the key to doing that is having the respect of your teammates which Kobe does not or will not ever have. I understand liking a team and sticking by them, but please do not put blinders on when it comes to Kobe. Phil also wrote Kobe was the most selfish player he had ever coached or watched play the game of basketball. To be honest I could care less how much basketball knowledge you believe me to have, but facts are facts, and thanks for mentioning Phil Jackson, unfortunately you need to set your ducks up before you try and knock them down. LOL:D
Do you really want me to dig up quotes from Phil? He has been all over the local papers over the last 3 months, praising Kobe. You must understand, they butted heads and then PJ left, that is when he wrote that book. He has not been quiet in letting everyone know this and also telling everyone how great their relationship is.
I am not going to go back and forth with you, cause you are obviously on the media side of the fence.
What do you think about PJ telling the world how he feels about Shaq? Saying he is the most lazy player he has ever coached. And you think Shaq wins championships.

Boa1277
12-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I do think Shaq wins championships, he is the most dominant player in the NBA last year proved it, I also think he is lazy, the man was gifted with size and some athletic ability, the size is the key factor with Shaq, if he had 1/2 the drive of a Jordan he would have cemented his legacy, instead he will go down as a dominant player that was lazy. Kobe on the other hand is probably the most athletic player in the NBA he is such a let down, he should have went to college, he would have learned how to function better in social situations, which in turn may have given him the ability to lead, instead they gave him a team and he has yet to show he can handle it. Please dont get me wrong, I like the Lakers, allways have, it just really pissed me off when they tried to build a team around Kobe, I dont think he has the stuff that a Michael Jordan had. Hey who knows everyone changes maybe Kobe will prove me wrong, if he does I win either way. J/K Happy New Years Montzsta. To tell you the truth I have not been into NBA basketball like I used to be, I am a true college fan now. U of A Wildcats, I even have season tickets...

Jyruiz
12-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I do think Shaq wins championships, he is the most dominant player in the NBA last year proved it, I also think he is lazy, the man was gifted with size and some athletic ability, the size is the key factor with Shaq, if he had 1/2 the drive of a Jordan he would have cemented his legacy, instead he will go down as a dominant player that was lazy. Kobe on the other hand is probably the most athletic player in the NBA he is such a let down, he should have went to college, he would have learned how to function better in social situations, which in turn may have given him the ability to lead, instead they gave him a team and he has yet to show he can handle it. Please dont get me wrong, I like the Lakers, allways have, it just really pissed me off when they tried to build a team around Kobe, I dont think he has the stuff that a Michael Jordan had. Hey who knows everyone changes maybe Kobe will prove me wrong, if he does I win either way. J/K Happy New Years Montzsta. To tell you the truth I have not been into NBA basketball like I used to be, I am a true college fan now. U of A Wildcats, I even have season tickets...
This tells me all I need to know.

Boa1277
12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
This tells me all I need to know.
Yep, all you need to know, me not being into the NBA is probably more than you will ever know, when it comes to the NBA. Its kinda like a guy with a broken leg outrunning a cripple. I like how you throw comments regarding other peoples posts, but you really dont have a opinion. Kinda like hiding behind your big brother, or the guy that laughs to hard at other peoples jokes, but isnt smart enough to come up with one himself. Now maybe that is more than you need to know.

Jyruiz
12-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Yep, all you need to know, me not being into the NBA is probably more than you will ever know, when it comes to the NBA. Its kinda like a guy with a broken leg outrunning a cripple. I like how you throw comments regarding other peoples posts, but you really dont have a opinion. Kinda like hiding behind your big brother, or the guy that laughs to hard at other peoples jokes, but isnt smart enough to come up with one himself. Now maybe that is more than you need to know.
Dude, I posted my comments/opinions and hide behind nobody, but I am not going to waste my time with somebody who does not fallow the sport. Have a nice day.

Old Texan
12-29-2006, 08:24 AM
I must contend the point of Shaq being dominating. Without D. Wade, the Heat would not have even been in the finals. Shaq is a big old cuddly kind of guy that is basically just bigger and bulkier than everyone. Quite clumsy actually. Shaq's titles wouldn't have been w/o the support of others. Do you remember his first finals against Olajuwon? Hakeem made him look like a clumsy fool. Olajuwon was also the last true superstar center and only one Shaq faced in a finals.
As big men go he has less talent and ability than any of the "great" centers in modern BB history. His poor work ethic in the offseason shows more and more each season. He's never tried to hone any skills and always begins the season overwieght or injured.
I'm not a conspiracy kind of person, but if the NBA officials ever called traveling and offensive fouls on Shaq like the "commoners" of the league, the big guy would average 15 minutes per game. From outward appearances it has been argued the league felt they needed Shaq to replace the appeal Jordan took with him when he retired thus letting Shaq "get away" with things. Shaq takes a lot of punishment and hacking so it's only fair he "gets away" with fouls and violations. It's the NBA way when a rookie bench warmer and a vet star run into each other on the court, the vet gets the call.