PDA

View Full Version : Christmas After Christmas...

Pussywhippled
12-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Does anybody else have to wait to have Christmas after Christmas is already over? This is the first year in a while it has been slim pickins waiting for money to come in and for customers to pay. And trying to collect the week between Christmas and New Years, forget it...

Froggystyle
12-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Does anybody else have to wait to have Christmas after Christmas is already over? This is the first year in a while it has been slim pickins waiting for money to come in and for customers to pay. And trying to collect the week between Christmas and New Years, forget it...
WE are this year but for slightly different reasons...
We were supposed to get a visit from my Dad from up in NorCal in his plane... Weather sucked yesterday though, and he didn't make it down in time. So, we are sitting on all of my family's presents and they have all of ours!
My brother is in the same boat... He has ours, we have his that were supposed to go up with Dad. And Grandparents, and friends etc...
So, there are literally zero wrapped gifts under the tree for us. We ended up stacking all of the ones we are playing Santa and delivering tomorrow under there to make it look like Christmas here.
Kind of funny, since we were very well taken care of this year already. Audrey and I got each other camping gear and didn't bother to wrap it or anything.
Full stockings though... :D
Merry Christmas everyone.

OCMerrill
12-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Last year I waited payment on a larger job causing a ton of stress. I told my employees that I would give them a Christmas Bonus but they would have to wait until the money came in. Moral was low. We were all bummed out.
Last Christmas I paid personal bills late just to make payroll, slept about 10 hrs in a weeks time. Bit my nails down to nothing...crazy.
On Jan 3rd I picked up the check and cut the Bonus checks first, then paid all my bills. Without happy employees I have not allot going.
This year....all is good.:D

topless
12-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm having Christmas at my house then when the kids get back from Texas, we are doing it again. Looks like I'm taking all my daughters stuff back since she got it at her Dads house but that's OK because she wants money anyway. My son is easy to buy for because he never asks for anything so he is always surprised. LOL Merry Christmas X 2.

Pussywhippled
12-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Everything sounds just like me, Christmas bonuses and all.
The third you say...
Last year I waited payment on a larger job causing a ton of stress. I told my employees that I would give them a Christmas Bonus but they would have to wait until the money came in. Moral was low. We were all bummed out.
Last Christmas I paid personal bills late just to make payroll, slept about 10 hrs in a weeks time. Bit my nails down to nothing...crazy.
On Jan 3rd I picked up the check and cut the Bonus checks first, then paid all my bills. Without happy employees I have not allot going.
This year....all is good.:D

Pussywhippled
12-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Rolled into the office this morning all doom and gloom and walla a nice mid five figure progress payment in the mail.
It must have came in Saturday's mail.
If I would have worked on Saturday like I was going to, I would have seen it then...
Oh well all's well that ends well...
Merry Christmas...