PDA

View Full Version : Titan

riverracerXXX
12-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Thinking about a Nissan Titan. Anyone have any experience or know someone with one?.... Are you/they happy with it? Quality, perfomance, fuel economy etc.

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Thinking about a Nissan Titan. Anyone have any experience or know someone with one?.... Are you/they happy with it? Quality, perfomance, fuel economy etc.
we just hooked mijo up with a nissan titan truck, he seems to like it...his best friend alexx , liked it sooo much ...http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/alexbesttruck.jpghe went and got one also... the 07 have a different body style...

blown65
12-25-2006, 08:21 PM
I like the way they drive and the power but I cant get passed the inside of it.

riverracerXXX
12-25-2006, 08:34 PM
whats wrong with the interior?

Kachina26
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
we just hooked mijo up with a nissan titan truck, he seems to like it...his best friend alexx , liked it sooo much ...http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/alexbesttruck.jpghe went and got one also... the 07 have a different body style...
You're ok with the kid flashing gang signs?

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
I like the way they drive and the power but I cant get passed the inside of it.
HUH? THE DOORS ARE KEWL ~~~EITHER 4 DOOR OR HALF DOORS ...THEY doors open ALL THE WAY...oops caps...

Devil's Advocate
12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
My brother's got a new one. Very nice.

Garrddogg
12-25-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah what he said!?

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 08:50 PM
LOL thats an MB he is in a band and MB stands for mandaylal bell... i always tell these fools ta stop tryin to act gangsterhttp://myspace-629.vo.llnwd.net/01547/92/69/1547649629_l.gif

djunkie
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
LOL thats an MB he is in a band and MB stands for mandaylal bell... i always tell these fools ta stop tryin to act gangsterhttp://a623.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_52c5089a873168dc31596c60a147209e
Maybe you should start by buying them some clothes that fit. :rolleyes: :D

76ANTHONY
12-25-2006, 08:54 PM
got a good freind that i talked into one, he loves it, he had a toyota and he says he likes the nissan alot more..

76ANTHONY
12-25-2006, 08:55 PM
or maybe buy him a rhino so he can hang with you???:D

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah what he said!?
mijo is such a dork last time he "thru up a MB sign"... it was backwards:rolleyes: ...lol it was a MD lol...he didnt even know ~~~i had to show him...flip the wrist mijo...."your b is a d":rolleyes:

Kachina26
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
LOL thats an MB he is in a band and MB stands for mandaylal bell... i always tell these fools ta stop tryin to act gangsterhttp://myspace-629.vo.llnwd.net/01547/92/69/1547649629_l.gif
This is an m http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/letters/m.GIF
and this is a b http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/letters/b.GIF
I don't know what he's flashing, but it's not an MB.

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 09:00 PM
then he would be a dork...no way they look gay...but hugger pants...oh hell no...he is a slayer...wXc pimp daddy lol

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 09:16 PM
This is an m http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/letters/m.GIF
and this is a b http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/letters/b.GIF
I don't know what he's flashing, but it's not an MB.
awww come on...he a good small fry...never been in any trouble...a really good kid...just drinks ..a bit...look at the baby mijo...awwwwhttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/xmasgotya.jpg

Kachina26
12-25-2006, 09:27 PM
awww come on...he a good small fry...never been in any trouble...a really good kid...just drinks ..a bit...look at the baby mijo...awwwwhttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/xmasgotya.jpg
I'm sure he is, but sometimes kids get shot over how they look/act. I'd hate to read that thread. :(

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Todays kids ( and a lot of adults ) are all about looking tough/hard, nothing more, nothing less.

riverracerXXX
12-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Damn! My thread just got hijacked... Seriously though, what are the power ratings and fuel mileage compared with other full sizes?

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Todays kids ( and a lot of adults ) are all about looking tough/hard, nothing more, nothing less.
THANKS~:) TRUE BLUE...YEA both my kids are good kids... the never leave the house...man i wish they would..."they, and all there friends" hang out here, at the house and shoot pool...what a pool shark they both are! the older son is going to grad next month, jan or feb...in "adm of justice"...believe it or not...lol ~~he is going thru the back ground check, to become an "officer of the law"...

EAZYKILLER2006
12-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Damn! My thread just got hijacked... Seriously though, what are the power ratings and fuel mileage compared with other full sizes?
sorry back to the nissan...5.6 liter 60$ to fill it up 18 miles to the gallon ~~~hubbys gmc gets 16 miles to the gallon...5.3 liter

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Sorry about that. Milage is 14/19 and it is a very capable truck. We have the Armada and are really happy with it.

Kachina26
12-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry, I had nothing to offer, but was compelled to post none the less. I did find this chart for ya click (http://www.consumersearch.com/www/automotive/pickup-trucks/comparison.html)

blown65
12-25-2006, 10:25 PM
HUH? THE DOORS ARE KEWL ~~~EITHER 4 DOOR OR HALF DOORS ...THEY doors open ALL THE WAY...oops caps...
wtf, I didnt say the doors. LOL I just dont care for the interior, its just kinda cheap looking. It is a nice truck otherwise. (Mostly the dash area)

djunkie
12-25-2006, 11:06 PM
My buddy has a 2006. Crew cab 4x4. Truck has lots of power, fuel economy isn't the greatest, and the interior is ugly and uncomfortable. I took him for a ride in my 2005 crew cab chevy with a Duramax and now he's trying to dump the Nissan.

EAZYKILLER2006
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
My buddy has a 2006. Crew cab 4x4. Truck has lots of power, fuel economy isn't the greatest, and the interior is ugly and uncomfortable. I took him for a ride in my 2005 crew cab chevy with a Duramax and now he's trying to dump the Nissan.
yea, well ....the kiddie is only 20 years old ...let him have the nissan ~~~dont want the kido ta get any other ideas......i myself is looking at da F-350 yummy...now theres a truck...my bro in law just picked one up for x masshttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/truckiwant.jpg

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 08:26 AM
You can't compare a 2500 diesel to a Titan, it is not fair, not only is the Duramax in a different class, but it is also way more expensive than the Titan or any other 1500. If you compare the Titan to the rest in its class, it is hard to beat. I know looks are relative because we all have different taste, but the Titan can tow, its inexpensive, ist fast (0 to 60 in the 7's) and has a lot of equipment standard where the other manufacturers would make that stuff options. The Nissan is worth checking out.

rivercrazy
12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey Chris,
My nephew has one. Had lots of issues in the first 6 months of ownership . However these appear to be resolved now. Brakes and rear differential were the problems. Nissan did step up and took care of both.
He tows regularly and it has great power and handling. Mileage is tough. He says it averages about 13-14. 10 towing.
Personally, I'd wait for the 07 Toyota Tundra

djunkie
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
You can't compare a 2500 diesel to a Titan, it is not fair, not only is the Duramax in a different class, but it is also way more expensive than the Titan or any other 1500. If you compare the Titan to the rest in its class, it is hard to beat. I know looks are relative because we all have different taste, but the Titan can tow, its inexpensive, ist fast (0 to 60 in the 7's) and has a lot of equipment standard where the other manufacturers would make that stuff options. The Nissan is worth checking out.
I was talking about the comfort of it. The first time he sat in the seat of the chevy he wanted one. There are half ton chevy's that are comparable to a Titan.

djunkie
12-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Personally, I'd wait for the 07 Toyota Tundra
If their set on asian truck then I agree with this.

jdogginla
12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Beat me too it...........the new tundra (08) is out in 2 months. 3 different models. Standard ex cab, crew cab, and max crew (bigger than megacrew!) and will tow 12,000 lbs. Saw the crew cab at the auto show...nice truck.

rivercrazy
12-26-2006, 09:32 AM
If their set on asian truck then I agree with this.
Actually, its the most american truck on the market!

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I was talking about the comfort of it. The first time he sat in the seat of the chevy he wanted one. There are half ton chevy's that are comparable to a Titan.
I agree with you there, my Chevy is more confortable than the Armada, even though the Armada has leather seats and my Chevy doesn't. The seats are just bigger in the Chevy.

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 09:33 AM
id say if you are going jap.. go with the new tundra... theyre sick..
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/951/thumbs/2007_Tundra_12.jpg

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 09:35 AM
yea, well ....the kiddie is only 20 years old ...let him have the nissan ~~~dont want the kido ta get any other ideas......i myself is looking at da F-350 yummy...now theres a truck...my bro in law just picked one up for x masshttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/truckiwant.jpg
ive got the same truck and color ... thats the lift im missing:) :)

djunkie
12-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Actually, its the most american truck on the market!
Its still a Toyota though. And the last I checked, the only thing american really in them are the people who put them together.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-26-2006, 09:37 AM
The 3/4 ton Titan will hit the dealer lots any day now.

rivercrazy
12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Its still a Toyota though. And the last I checked, the only thing american really in them are the people who put them together.
They have a higher US parts content than any other truck on the market.

HCS
12-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I work for Nissan. I can send you every technical bulletin covering every technical issue Nissan has ever had with the truck.
I am not impressed at all with the Dana 40 rear end.
Nissan has had nothing but problems with that piece of shit. Which isn't really Nissans fault, it's just a POS Dana product.
Nissan thought it would be a good idea to go with the Dana.
That was a mistake.

djunkie
12-26-2006, 10:22 AM
They have a higher US parts content than any other truck on the market.
You must own a Jap truck.

rivercrazy
12-26-2006, 11:02 AM
You must own a Jap truck.
You must not like dealing with cold hard facts

Cole Trickle
12-26-2006, 11:06 AM
The baddest 1/2 ton truck on the market is the GM 1500 with the HO 6.0L
The titan is really nice and peppy but like mentioned it has the same crappy interior as the base model altima.(I think that is Nissans biggest problem)
The Toyota looks intresting but if there 400HP truck is like there trucks of the past I won't be impressed.(The Nissan frontiers V6 shits on the Tacoma V6 and they are rated at close to the same power)

djunkie
12-26-2006, 11:24 AM
You must not like dealing with cold hard facts
I could really careless. I am only interested in what I feel is the better truck. I'vew been in them all. Driven them all. The chevy and Fords seem to be the best when it comes to towing and using the truck for what its meant. The guy that started the thread was asking what we thought of the Titan and I told him. IMO they suck!!!! The Toyota Tundra is nice but I would never think of towing the weights they claim they can tow. I feel it would be unsafe. Its a tin can. I towed my 5500 lb. boat behind a stock 2006 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and that boat pushed us all over the place. Lagged on the hills and overall just felt overwhelmed. My old 1997 Chevy Z71 with a 6 inch lift and 35" tires never had a problem. Never did I feel unsafe towing with it. The Tundra had me very leary. My opinion is the Fords and Chevy's are a better truck.........

riverracerXXX
12-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Speaking of the tundra, what engine will the new Toy have? How much power, torque, tow rating etc. And a couple people mentioned the Titans interior. Can you get the Titan with an upgraded interior? Leather, better seats etc?

djunkie
12-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Speaking of the tundra, what engine will the new Toy have? How much power, torque, tow rating etc. And a couple people mentioned the Titans interior. Can you get the Titan with an upgraded interior? Leather, better seats etc?
The only Titan I have been in had leather. The shape of the seat makes it unconfortable. I wouldn't want to make any long trips in it.

rivercrazy
12-26-2006, 01:13 PM
The 07 Tundra will have a 5.7L V8 with what is reported to be 381HP and over 400lb ft of torque. 4 valves per cylinder with variable valve timing. Its supposed to have a tow rating of over 10,000lbs.

riverracerXXX
12-26-2006, 01:34 PM
The 07 Tundra will have a 5.7L V8 with what is reported to be 381HP and over 400lb ft of torque. 4 valves per cylinder with variable valve timing. Its supposed to have a tow rating of over 10,000lbs.
Damn! Well after I posted the last time I went and found the pics of the new tundra.. Looks pretty damn sweet! I'd like to see it in true crew-cab form though. Hopefully they'll have pics of that soon. But if those are accurate power and tow ratings, that sounds like it will be one hell of a truck and just up'ed the ante.

455Rocket
12-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I had one of the first off the line and the thing was a major P.O.S.
It went back as a lemon after fighting with Nissan over getting it fixed... it was in the shop for 6 months before I got a lawyer and threatened to sue.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN... PERIOD.

jdogginla
12-26-2006, 01:41 PM
I'vew been in them all. Driven them all. The Toyota Tundra is nice but I would never think of towing the weights they claim they can tow. I feel it would be unsafe. Its a tin can. I towed my 5500 lb. boat behind a stock 2006 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and that boat pushed us all over the place. Lagged on the hills and overall just felt overwhelmed. My old 1997 Chevy Z71 with a 6 inch lift and 35" tires never had a problem. Never did I feel unsafe towing with it. The Tundra had me very leary. My opinion is the Fords and Chevy's are a better truck.........
The new Tundra is literally new from top to bottom. U are basing your opionons of a brand new vehichle from body to engine based on your expierence of the old model. Makes alot of sense.

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 01:49 PM
The new Tundra is literally new from top to bottom. U are basing your opionons of a brand new vehichle from body to engine based on your expierence of the old model. Makes alot of sense.
Don't try to make sense with that guy, you will just hit yourself on the head over it. :D
Hope you are doing good bro.

Old Texan
12-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I had a 2004 Titan that I just replaced with an '07 Chevy Avalanche. Got hit from behind turning into a parking lot off the frontage road on hwy 59 in Houston. An S10 doing about thirty with driver on the phone hit me and totaled it out. No one hurt so I can attaest to its safety.
Towed a 6000lb boat for 2 years. Handled it well. Milage is about 17-18 normal driving, half that while towing.
Had the early brake problems that Nissan begrudgingly fixed completely after a couple patch jobs. Early models had that brake problem and also master cylinder probs that were the fault of the parts supplier. I beleive they have everything pretty well handled on the new models.
I liked the truck and would buy another but just really liked the Avalanche.
One thing the Titan has above others is a relly spacious backseat that folds up and allows lots of stowage for things like groceries and packages. Lots more leg room for rear seat passengers than any one else in class.
Don't get cloth seats as they stain from any liquid, even water.
Lots of power and great acceleration. 5.6 with 305 hp and 400 lb ft of torque. Didn't have a lockingrear differential so had problems pulling out of slippery ramps on occasion.
Overall a very good dependable vehicle that drove well.
Like someone said, don't compare to 2500 w/ Duramax as that's a step up in power and price.

Old Texan
12-26-2006, 01:55 PM
One more thing, I bought the first year Titan and like they say, it had bugs to work out. Probably be the same deal with the Toyota, so thing about that before deciding, first model year blues.
Good luck.

djunkie
12-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Your right I am. But their is not many people who have been in a new Tundra yet since they aren't around. When I get a chance to jump in one I will check it out. Until then, I still wouldn't want to tow 10,000lbs behind one. Is the new Tundra gonna be equivalent to a 3/4 or 1 ton chassis truck?

djunkie
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Like someone said, don't compare to 2500 w/ Duramax as that's a step up in power and price.
I was only comparing the comfort of the seating of the 2.

XtrmWakeborder
12-26-2006, 04:47 PM
How does the titan 5.6 compare with the silverado 5.3? I've been looking around and it's between the extended cab models of both these trucks.

Cole Trickle
12-26-2006, 04:53 PM
How does the titan 5.6 compare with the silverado 5.3? I've been looking around and it's between the extended cab models of both these trucks.
Titan is a little stronger HP/TQ wise.Also the 5 speed trann yin the titan is pretty cool.
I have a 5.3L 05 silverado and have been very happy. Great power and mileage.(get the 3:73 gear package)
Both are cool so it depends wich one you like.(The Photoglou deal made my decision)

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Titan is a little stronger HP/TQ wise.Also the 5 speed trann yin the titan is pretty cool.
I have a 5.3L 05 silverado and have been very happy. Great power and mileage.(get the 3:73 gear package)
Both are cool so it depends wich one you like.(The Photoglou deal made my decision)
Very well put. I can get a deal on a Titan as I have a friend that works for Nissan Corp, but I like the way the new Chevys look.

EAZYKILLER2006
12-26-2006, 07:06 PM
ive got the same truck and color ... thats the lift im missing:) :)
yepper its the same one i want.... and same color also lol...i am trying to talk my bro in law to sell me his....lol he wont ever use it...i know him...

ROZ
12-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Like JDogg said, the Tundra is new from top to bottom... So the truck cannot be compared to the 06 Tundra...
All I have to say is that my uncle drove it and loved it. He drove it as well as all of the comparable trucks through a course a few months back. It out braked load free, with a load, and when towing better than any of the other trucks there. It also accelerated stronger when towing than any other truck they had to drive.
The crew cab is pretty nice as well...
Can't wait until February!

Biglue
12-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Gangstas don't drive Nissan trucks.........with the exception of Jy of course. :D :jawdrop: :)

EAZYKILLER2006
12-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Gangstas don't drive Nissan trucks.........with the exception of Jy of course. :D :jawdrop: :)
now dont go tryin to hijack homies thread...:devil:

Biglue
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
now dont go tryin to hijack homies thread...:devil:
Easy there Killer. :D

HCS
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Nissan is getting to be just like Toyota. Their line up is pumped full of American products.
What do you think is bringing down GM and Ford?
GM and Ford are thinking about merging to compete with the Japs.
Until they quit putting Mexican/American made parts in their line up they will coutinue to have problems.

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks but you would be surprise how well the Armada stacks up to the rest of the SUV's in it's class, actually the others in it's calss actually don't. :)

XtrmWakeborder
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
hows the milage on yours? are they about the same price or no?

EAZYKILLER2006
12-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Easy there Killer. :D
LOLhttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Gudluvn/friends%20pic%20comments/thhello.gif

Magic34
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Dont forget, you need to get the Rhino in it.

Biglue
12-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks but you would be surprise how well the Armada stacks up to the rest of the SUV's in it's class, actually the others in it's calss actually don't. :)
Always liked the Armadas actually. And after hearing the cow caps and so forth I was even more impressed.

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Always liked the Armadas actually. And after hearing the cow caps and so forth I was even more impressed.
Yeah, that was one of the things that made me get it. When you get the tow package, it even comes with automatic airbags to level out the SUV. I towed my boat with 8 people and a lot of gear inside the boat as well as some in the Armada and it did it no problem. The room inside is amazing and the 3rd row seats have more leg room than the Expedition, Tahoe and Sequoia.

phebus
12-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Eazykiller2006, any truck that seats at least two couples is good by you isn't it? :D

Cole Trickle
12-27-2006, 08:54 AM
hows the milage on yours? are they about the same price or no?
A tad over 20 MPG on the Freeway
The most we ever got out of a tank was 510 miles driving up north.
Our truck stickered at around 32K and we paid right at 22-23K when chevrolet was having the employee pricing back in 05.The only thing I would change about the truck if I drove it everyday would be steering wheel controls the color and make it a 4x4.:D :)