PDA

View Full Version : Belt drive & electric water pumps??

RaysonRat
08-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Id like to run a belt drive on my 468 but that will eliminate the possibility of runing a cam driven water pump can i run an automotive style electric water pump succesfully? anyone ever tried let me know

DUCKY
08-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Several of the electric pumps are simply a circulating pump that will not self prime or build pressure, but I think there is a company called "Meizere" that make a rubber impeller electic pump that will self prime. Search on Summit ot Jegs. Also, there are guys running RV/Marine washdown pumps with good success, like the ones made by Shur-Flo. Just make sure you carry an extra impelller, and keep the pressure under control.

superdave013
08-17-2003, 10:43 PM
I saw a boat today with a cam belt drive and a cam driven water pump. He made the bracket by hand and it looked pretty damn good too. Ya just gotta be crafty is all.
BTW, that boat was the 2 steppin lookie loo hondo flat. It seemed to be the best running flat of the day today.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-18-2003, 11:31 AM
WENT TO A CAMPER SUPPLY STORE AND GOT A ELEC WATER PUNP AND RUN IT ON MY FLAT WITH NO PROBLEM. IT WAS AROUND 75 BUCKS.