PDA

View Full Version : Artest to the Clippers? Hmmmmm

DILLIGAF
12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
If the Clippers can do this they need to pull the trigger and do it NOW!
Clippers reportedly eyeing possible Artest trade
FOXSports.com
The struggling Los Angeles Clippers are talking to the Sacramento Kings about a possible Ron Artest trade, according to a report in The Los Angeles Times.
The Times, citing an unnamed high-ranking Clippers' source, reported on Sunday that the team would be willing to part with Corey Maggette in exchange for Artest.
Artest is averaging 16.4 points per game this season, but still is interested in leaving Sacramento. The Clippers, in an attempt to add scoring and rebounding punch to their frontcourt, even tried to acquire the former St. John's star from the Indiana Pacers last season.
Artest has missed the Kings' last two games due to sore knees, and has recently told The Sacramento Kings that he is not unhappy playing in Sacramento despite rumors that he and star guard Mike Bibby have struggled to develop chemistry on the court.

John.
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
the Kings are having a bad run this year.

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I would not do it, he is a cancer and it will eventually show with any team he goes to. He just wants to be in LA because he is trying to have a rap career as well, F him. I don't know why the Clipps are so bent on the trading Corey, his name always comes up in trades.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Yea dilligaf. I put that in dmonztas laker thread. seems him and bibby cant get along rumor has it. id rather trade bibby lol and Miller.

DILLIGAF
12-25-2006, 09:09 PM
The Clips need to make an impact trade to shake things up. I say do it and get the defense back in order. If not I am afraid they are just going to go thru the motions this year. I keep waiting for pride to kick in and I just don't see it from a team concept.
The Clips put them self in this situation...however that transpired and this is an opportunity to jump start everything.
AI wasn't the answer for the Clips but Artest just may be.

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Yea dilligaf. I put that in dmonztas laker thread. seems him and bibby cant get along rumor has it. id rather trade bibby lol and Miller.
I think the Kings are better of getting rid of Artest, just not to the Clipps. Artest needs to realized that he is a very good defensive player and an above average offensive player, and no team is going to run there offense thru him. He wants more touches and more plays called for him, but he has never been a franchise guy, he is a second option at best, and that is probably rating him to high.

DILLIGAF
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I saw that in there but I am trying my best to be good and stay out of the Lakers threads....lol
I am all for this with Maggette straight up for Artest. That will do the trick. I like Corey but he does seem to make bad decisions at critical times. I don't think that will ever change and the Clippers need a wake up call right now.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:12 PM
may happen. Id much rather see them package artest miller and bibby for KG or some of that. YO uneed an allstar and artest can shoot you out of a game like webber used to do. hell he makes 1 3 point shot then he keeps shooting them, when he should be posting up. artest is a warrior and I dont think he has sore knkees, that wouldnt stop him from playing....

Hardly Satisfied
12-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I would not do it, he is a cancer and it will eventually show with any team he goes to. He just wants to be in LA because he is trying to have a rap career as well, F him. I don't know why the Clipps are so bent on the trading Corey, his name always comes up in trades.
Ho no , it would be great if the Clippers get him , He is Cancer what better fit :D :D

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:14 PM
The Clips need to make an impact trade to shake things up. I say do it and get the defense back in order. If not I am afraid they are just going to go thru the motions this year. I keep waiting for pride to kick in and I just don't see it from a team concept.
The Clips put them self in this situation...however that transpired and this is an opportunity to jump start everything.
Jump start them till the next time he (Artest) has fits and his value drops even more and the Clipps won't be able to get anything for him. He can't get along with anybody, I would not chance upsetting Brand, Kaman, Livingston or any of the other guys on the Clipps just because they might need a change.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:19 PM
you know I havent seen Artest be any sort of cancer at all.... He wants to win so bad he tries to do everything and bibby is shooting shitty this year since hurting his hand, Miller is just his usuall overslow fockin hillbillie jerk off on the court. Martin and salmons have been caring the Kings and they arent enough. When Artest sees bibby shooting below 40% he(artest) tries to do it all himself. He just cant hes not a scoring machine, but so far not a cancer he has more heart and desire then bibby and miller put together. and he is always talking to martin and garcia. its very obvious as goes bibby so goes the kings. when he shoots well we are in the game. he has been passing up shots the last few games so you know his confidence is in the crapper.

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Maybe not a cancer, but he is still not a good guy to have around setting bad examples. The guy takes himself out of the game right before tip off shocking all his teammates and coaches, this is only the beginning, he will continue to do shit like this every time he is unhappy or doesn't get his way. This will be the third team that gets rid of him, that has got to tell you something about him.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Cant say your wrong there, he seems to be doing that now, guess like all the other crybabies in that league, you have to cater to them, and he isnt good enough to cater to. All this just popped up about 2 weeks ago, guess he is tired of getting his ass kicked every night and feeling like he has to gaurd everyone.
I had season tickets for a long time just got rid of them 2 years ago when it was apparent the Kings were going to be rebuiding for a few years and they still are in the top 5 of prices.
Not sure where maggette would play . he wont play the 2 with martin there.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe not a cancer, but he is still not a good guy to have around
rather be walking thru a dark alley with Ron any day then raper Kobe,,, lol:D

Jyruiz
12-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Maybe not a cancer, but he is still not a good guy to have around
rather be walking thru a dark alley with Ron any day then raper Kobe,,, lol:D
Lol, but it does not matter to me, would never walk with either guy no matter what. Once they step off the court, I could care less about the.

acatitude
12-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I hear ya just saying Ron is a warrior and had scorers with the pacers, and did so last year with the kings. Its obvious he is fustrated and hates losing. Just cant figure out where maggette would play unless there is more involved in that trade talk

dmontzsta
12-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Seems like jy covered it as usual and blowncarrera had good opinions as well, I agree.
Artest wants LA for his rap career, problem is he sucks! Think about it, if he was any good, he would have been taking off by now, he has the attention of people, he is Ron Artest! Clippers will lose and he will want to go somewhere else, the dude is just a thug.

acatitude
12-26-2006, 12:48 AM
come on now dmontzsta...... calling him a thug??? do you call kobe a rapist?

dmontzsta
12-26-2006, 12:17 PM
come on now dmontzsta...... calling him a thug??? do you call kobe a rapist?
Kobe is not a rapist, he is a man who cheats/cheated on his wife with the wrong woman and got caught. :) Everyone knows that...Artest is a wannabe rapper/thug.

acatitude
12-26-2006, 12:49 PM
well maybe a thug in the loose lifestyle terms of the word, but I gotta hand it to him, I have seen him just walk away from altercations this year and he never says a word when called for a foul. maybe he is just on good behavior, but he isnt a crybaby like bibby and miller . its kinda refreshing to see him just turn and go back up court and play the game. And all the cameras always are on him just waiting, lol..... hopefully he doesnt blow it till we trade him :D

eliminatedsprinter
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Or they could get a better coach.........:rolleyes:

DILLIGAF
12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Or they could get a better coach.........:rolleyes:
Dunleavy is signed for 4-5 more years so that isn't going to happen.
MD has done a very good job getting the Clippers to where they are now....The million $ question is can he keep them moving forward?

dmontzsta
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
well maybe a thug in the loose lifestyle terms of the word, but I gotta hand it to him, I have seen him just walk away from altercations this year and he never says a word when called for a foul. maybe he is just on good behavior, but he isnt a crybaby like bibby and miller . its kinda refreshing to see him just turn and go back up court and play the game. And all the cameras always are on him just waiting, lol..... hopefully he doesnt blow it till we trade him :D
yeah, after he charged into the stands and punched out the wrong guy...thats the way to walk away. :D

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 06:31 PM
The million $ question is can he keep them moving forward?
No, maybe to the WCF, but that is it and that is being overly optimistic.

acatitude
12-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Talkin aboout this year and you know it like kobe hasnt raped anyone in a week all is good com on

DILLIGAF
12-26-2006, 08:44 PM
No, maybe to the WCF, but that is it and that is being overly optimistic.
If he could get them there it is a very goo deal. Corey isn't going to get the Clippers there at this point. Very optimistic thinking, yes.

eliminatedsprinter
12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Dunleavy is signed for 4-5 more years so that isn't going to happen.
MD has done a very good job getting the Clippers to where they are now....The million $ question is can he keep them moving forward?
Are you saying that team is playing up to it's talent level???
I keep hearing about this teams talent and "potential".
Then I look over on the bench and I see the guy who inherited the best running team in NBA history and had them walking the ball up the court (as if they were the 1980s Bucks) because he didn't think they were ready to run yet...:rolleyes: You know, the same coach who didn't put anyone on Jordon in the final seconds of a key championship game.:idea:

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Are you saying that team is playing up to it's talent level???
I keep hearing about this teams talent and "potential".
Then I look over on the bench and I see the guy who inherited the best running team in NBA history and had them walking the ball up the court (as if they were the 1980s Bucks) because he didn't think they were ready to run yet...:rolleyes: You know, the same coach who didn't put anyone on Jordon in the final seconds of a key championship game.:idea:
The team showed their potential last year and have fallen flat on their fat asses this year. I am saying you have to give MD credit for changing the environment around the LAC franchise. Is he getting it done right now? No. Are the players getting it done right now? No. Is he signed up for 4 more years of coaching the Clips? Yes. Does MD try to control the game too much? IMO, yes.
I don't know the answers but MD is going to be here for a while....

eliminatedsprinter
12-27-2006, 03:19 PM
The team showed their potential last year and have fallen flat on their fat asses this year. I am saying you have to give MD credit for changing the environment around the LAC franchise. Is he getting it done right now? No. Are the players getting it done right now? No. Is he signed up for 4 more years of coaching the Clips? Yes. Does MD try to control the game too much? IMO, yes.
I don't know the answers but MD is going to be here for a while....
Hmmm he gets a talented team. The longer they play together for him, the worse they play. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around???
I seldom blame coaches for teams problems. But I must admit, while I like him as a person (from what I've seen). I have never liked him as a coach.
After all, he killed "Showtime".:( :( ;)

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
MD did the same thing in Portland, had tons of talent and could not get over the hump, and every year they did worst. I remember Pippen stating that he (MD) was not a good coach.

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Hmmm he gets a talented team. The longer they play together for him, the worse they play. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around???
I seldom blame coaches for teams problems. But I must admit, while I like him as a person (from what I've seen). I have never liked him as a coach.
After all, he killed "Showtime".:( :( ;)
Well, he has improved the Clippers every year he has been there. The season is not over so maybe that fire will light under them and he will again have them moving forward.
He is the main reason they have some FA's signing and so forth
I am not here to try to change your mind. Think whatever you want.
I just want to see some fire under these guys....

dmontzsta
12-27-2006, 04:32 PM
There is no reason they should be playing the way they are. This is pretty much the same team as last year, I am sure Radmanovic leaving didnt effect them this much. :)
Hopefully they can pull it together soon, cause the hour glass is almost empty.

eliminatedsprinter
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I just want to see some fire under these guys....
On that we can agree. :)
Contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to have grown up enjoying the Lakers and still not hate the Clippers.;)

dmontzsta
01-01-2007, 08:08 AM
DEAD
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2715587

DILLIGAF
01-01-2007, 08:16 AM
DEAD
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2715587
It seems that way. Oh well, the Clippers seem to playing a lot more inspired at this point.
Happy NY you friggin' LF
:)