PDA

View Full Version : Where to go shooting?

4day!!
12-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Anybody know where i can go shooting(shotguns and 22's). I was thinking about going out to the 15 and dale evans parkway. Can you shoot legally out there. I live in orange county. Any recommendations. Specific directions would help also.
Thanks..

Kindsvater Flat
12-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Come on over. You can shoot on any side of my house. Hell you don't even have to leave the porch. :D God I love living in the country!!

Jbb
12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Backyard....:D

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 05:11 PM
adalanto. its up the 15..its about 20 minutes before el mirage

Kindsvater Flat
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Nice T&B!!
20yrds out front
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscfarm/flowers.JPG
20 yrds out back
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscfarm/backyard.JPG

little rowe boat
12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Lytle creek, up off the 15 before you get to Devore.

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 07:04 PM
yah you can pick up a bag of meth while your there:D

work2play
12-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Boy do I feel silly. I thought from all the news, that it was legal to shoot on the freeways of southern california. lol

BRSTQUEST
12-26-2006, 08:25 PM
There is a lil place at the corner of 103rd st/Grape st in South Central LA.... Has all kinds of moving targets and some that stand still.... If you go though you better have lots of ammo and be a decent shot, those lil buggers just dont want to fall sometimes!!!! Another lil place is in the area of Compton bl/Nadeau st....This one is a lil harder to find, almost looks like its been closed since about '92 but there are some great stories there!!!! Happing hunting, I mean shooting

Troy McClure
12-26-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you can go up Silverado Canyon to shoot. It's very close to Orange. The trail may be closed now though so you should check with the Cleveland Nat'l Forest Park Rangers. Also might want to double check with them if you can shoot, use to be able to.

Smokin Joe
12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Try http://www.triplebclays.com/ they are located close to 60 & 605 very fun sporting clays course..
joe

HavasuSelect
12-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I think there's a range in Brea somewhere.

Troy McClure
12-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Try http://www.triplebclays.com/ they are located close to 60 & 605 very fun sporting clays course..
joe
OH, yea if your looking for a club area, Rahaauges (sp????) in Corona or Norco if I remember is pretty good.

Smokin Joe
12-26-2006, 08:47 PM
At prado you can use your 22 also http://www.shootprado.com/ Rahauges domain name expired there range is ok if you have all day.
joe

HavasuSelect
12-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Or you can go to SC Village and just tell everyone it's a paintball gun:D
http://www.scvillage.com/

77charger
12-26-2006, 09:19 PM
If going to the high desert be sure it is ok to shoot been doing so for a more than few years use to be hodge road and north of that but now it has changed(mainly due to increase in ohv usuage),Also south of the 40 east of the 15 is mainly shotgun only area.
Your best bet is to go to calico area ghost town road exit and go to mule canyon road alot of safe areas to shoot and it is legal to do so.All guns are alowwed provided you can legally own it.Ex ar15s and ak 47s if they are registered you are ok to shoot.
Basically from what i know is that anywhere in orange and los angeles counties there is no legal public land to shoot unless it is a private range.For me i just make the drive to barstow/calico area or to angeles range in the san fernando valley(public range)

It's all Good
12-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Burro Canyon (http://www.burrocanyon.com/) is a private range near Azusa.

BRSTQUEST
12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Burro is a good place to shoot...Been there several times and is a nice place to shoot outside...The users of the range seem to be good people and no rifraf allowed!!!

Baja Big Dog
12-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Dont think you can shoot there anymore, the gang banger's screwed that up!!

Baja Big Dog
12-26-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you can go up Silverado Canyon to shoot. It's very close to Orange. The trail may be closed now though so you should check with the Cleveland Nat'l Forest Park Rangers. Also might want to double check with them if you can shoot, use to be able to.
No more!!

Baja Big Dog
12-26-2006, 10:09 PM
I think there's a range in Brea somewhere.
On Berry st north of Lambert, indoor, 22 rifles ok, short range.

Outnumbered
12-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Wherever you go please pick up all your trash and collect your brass. Shooters leaving their blown to shit junk in the desert pisses me off and just gives the Sierra Club and liberals more "ammo" against us gun owners. Have fun and be safe.

NOTALENT
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Burro Canyon is a great place to shoot. Nice and clean controlled enviorment. Lytle creek used to be good, but than all the thugs and there Tek nines and shiat started rolling through shooting in every which direction.
If you want to empty some rounds locally there is INSIGHT Shooting range off the 91 and Pioneer. I go there at least once a week. NIce place and shotguns and .22s are allowed.

catman-do
12-27-2006, 07:10 AM
There is a range in HB called "firing line" not sure if they allow shotguns or not. Its indoor. There is also one in Azuza conyon. You need to call first thought because its private and many times they shut the whole place down for police officer training. Then in lytle creek there are two places. One is "west end gun club" and the other is a public range. West end you would take the 15N and exit sierra, turn left and go about 4 miles and you will see a white sign on the right hand side. You need to cross a creek to get there so you need 4wd. The range is in decent shape (used to be really nice before the floods washed it out two years ago). Then the public one you would exit sierra just like west end but you go back about 10 miles. Its through the city of lyttle creek and about 5 miles past the ranger station. There facility is fairly nice. They have shotgun, short range, and long range. If you are cool the range master will be cool, if not and start acting like an idiot the guy can be teh biggest asshole in the world.

Desert Rat
12-27-2006, 07:51 AM
This place is a ways from you but since info is being posted, this is where I go. They have various areas for high powered, pistols, shootguns, trap area and the little metal figures to shoot at. I usually go on a weekday and quite often have the place to ourself.
a place to shoot (http://www.aplacetoshoot.net/)

4day!!
12-27-2006, 09:37 AM
There is a lil place at the corner of 103rd st/Grape st in South Central LA.... Has all kinds of moving targets and some that stand still.... If you go though you better have lots of ammo and be a decent shot, those lil buggers just dont want to fall sometimes!!!! Another lil place is in the area of Compton bl/Nadeau st....This one is a lil harder to find, almost looks like its been closed since about '92 but there are some great stories there!!!! Happing hunting, I mean shooting
What's my limit? Think anyone would mind if i field dressed them and strapped them to my front bumper and paraded around the hood?:D

vee-driven
12-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Compton!

RitcheyRch
12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I think you can still go shooting in Texas Cyn which is just off the 14 freeway outside of Canyon Country.

wolfie
12-28-2006, 06:59 PM
There is a place right off the 710 north of the 91. I can't remember the name as it's been a while. You can see it from the freeway just before the offdock container storage. They allow shotguns and actually have a skeet area.
Either that or anywhere in South Central.

77charger
12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I think you can still go shooting in Texas Cyn which is just off the 14 freeway outside of Canyon Country.
closed to shooting as far as i know.We use to go ride there years ago and also shoot and camp use to be some fun days. that was over 20 years ago.

RitcheyRch
12-28-2006, 07:16 PM
I thought read somewhere that it was still open to shooting. I could be wrong. It been atleast 10 years since I have gone riding there.
closed to shooting as far as i know.We use to go ride there years ago and also shoot and camp use to be some fun days. that was over 20 years ago.

HocusPocus
12-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Anybody know where i can go shooting(shotguns and 22's). I was thinking about going out to the 15 and dale evans parkway. Can you shoot legally out there. I live in orange county. Any recommendations. Specific directions would help also.
Thanks..
Burro Canyon Shooting Park is located one mile east of the junction of Highway 39 and the East Fork Road, north of the city of Azusa, CA and Interstate 210. Open Thursday through Monday. No alcoholic beverages, tracer or steel core ammunition is allowed. Call (626) 910-1344 for hours of operation and fee information.
BLM Land=The California Desert Conservation Area offers recreational shooting. Shooting of any kind is not permitted in the Stoddard Valley OHV Recreation Area (except shotgun use during hunting season) and in the El Mirage OHV Recreation Area. These areas are heavily used by off-highway vehicles. What might be a great backstop for recreational shooters may be a rider's favorite hill climb or descent route. A zone has been established where shotgun use only (with shot no larger than half the bore diameter) is allowed. The general area just south of State Route 58 and Interstate 40, north of the San Bernardino National Forest, west of the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Air/Ground Combat Center and east of the Los Angeles County line is designated as shotgun-only by San Bernardino County Ordinance. There is an irregular boundary south of the town of Barstow, Ca, where all types of legal weapon shooting is permitted. The "Shotgun Only" zone does not prohibit lawful skeet shooting.
For Rifle and Pistol shooting, the legal target shooting area is the area north, northwest, or northeast of Barstow, taking into consideration any private land, posted signs, and other rules and regulations that would apply. It is the responsibility of the shooter to know the laws for the area where they are shooting. For a detailed map, call the San Bernardino County Fire Special Districts office at (909) 387-5940 (157 W. 5th Street, 2nd Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0451). Do not shoot within 150 yards of any man-made object, camp, domestic livestock, or occupied dwelling.
you need to call the numbers listed to make sure what you want to shoot and where before doing so. they will not hesitate to take your weapons.

Beachbum
12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
With New Years coming up , you can shoot anywhere as long as it's at midnight . We used to go shoting at J.R's in Long Beach ,some reason they closed . Need to try the one notalent is talking about .

77charger
12-28-2006, 10:11 PM
With New Years coming up , you can shoot anywhere as long as it's at midnight . We used to go shoting at J.R's in Long Beach ,some reason they closed . Need to try the one notalent is talking about .
Use to shoot at jrs in lb when i lived in long beach about 8 years ago seemed to be a good place for me the kid who was there when i shot ususally placed me in a less crowded area and was fine with me double tapping and some rapid fire shots.I also reload and brass can be apain to scoop up at indoor ranges so he would give me a bunch when i checked out too.
Been to the one off pioneer and the 91 had no probs there i actuall have been wanting to go shooting(handgun) latley so i might have to make a trip soon but go to deserts for rifles
firing line in huntington beach havent been there in almost 10 years dont care to ever go back unless the staff has changed always want to inspect gun then try to tell me how i should do this and that with my gun while flooding it with oil then dry fire it like they know it all. I do clean my guns thoroughly after each use and use enough oil not over do it have plenty of experience with firearms as it is a hobby for me.