PDA

View Full Version : Houseboats in Havasu

BADASS38CHEVY
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
What are the thing to know when owning a houseboat in Havasu or any other lake. Beaching, docking, safety, laws, long term slip and fees ect.

wsuwrhr
12-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Why not Mead or another bigger body of water?
We have a houseboat in Mead, I couldn't imagine houseboating on Havasu.
I think that area of water would become real small in a houseboat.
Parties ie Bachelor or otherwise, are cool for houseboats, but I could see vacationing on Havasu in a houseboat would get old.
Just my worthless two pennies.
Brian

work2play
12-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Just a few of the things I have picked up. Make sure little kids wear their life jackets. Every year you read that some mother took of her kid's life jacket to let the kid eat and then lets him down from the table and the next thing you know they fall off the houseboat and drown. If you have a pontoon type houseboat don't let them swim under the houseboat. Exhaust fumes collect there and people die from the fumes. If you have partners, give them each a books with the rules, and what is required when you are on board. And what is required when you leave the houseboat for the next family. I have good partners on our houseboat and we love it. It makes going to the lake an even better experience. We have 8 shares on our houseboat. Each share pays 180 a month. This covers insurance, covered slip rental, and maitanience. And it also covers almost all of the improvments and major repairs.

BADASS38CHEVY
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Why not Mead or another bigger body of water?
We have a houseboat in Mead, I couldn't imagine houseboating on Havasu.
I think that area of water would become real small in a houseboat.
Parties ie Bachelor or otherwise, are cool for houseboats, but I could see vacationing on Havasu in a houseboat would get old.
Just my worthless two pennies.
Brian
I was wondering if I should buy a older one because I dont care for the new ones and remodel it. I like the old wood look inside and I wanted to tiki the whole thing inside out like the Naked Turtle style. Mainly used it for partying and floating. When I get bored of Havasu I was thinking about having it moved to Lake Mead and so on. How much do slip charges run?

shadow
12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Ted call Havasu Springs for slips.I think they are the only place that have
slips for a boat that large.They might even know of some for sale.See if they have 2 for sale,sounds like fun.:)
Come to think of it,i know where there is one that has been partialy restored,looks pretty cool and there used to be a for sale saign on it.I drive you by it when you are out this way.

phebus
12-27-2006, 08:04 AM
The last time I was at Havasu Springs, there were a couple there with For Sale signs on them.

BADASS38CHEVY
12-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks I will call and check.