PDA

View Full Version : Paramedic School Sucks

weaver
12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
I wish it were summer already...

phebus
12-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Lots of work, but when I was in Medic School, we played over the line everyday at lunch, and went drinking after school a couple of times a week, and always on Fridays.
Met some great friends from other departments, that are friends for life too. Make the best of it, and be thankfull you aren't going you aren't going during the summer.

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 10:23 AM
So become a Cop then

phebus
12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
So become a Cop then
Or even worse, spend your career on a Truck Company, watching all the Engine guys having all the fun. :D

essexjet
12-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Medic School wasn't so bad, we had daily naps after lunch and hit the bars on friday after class. Just wait until you have to take the National Registry tests then it becomes stressful:devil:

Throttle
12-27-2006, 10:59 AM
suck it up now... rewards later!:idea:

CBadDad
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Lots of work, but when I was in Medic School, we played over the line everyday at lunch, and went drinking after school a couple of times a week, and always on Fridays.
Met some great friends from other departments, that are friends for life too. Make the best of it, and be thankfull you aren't going you aren't going during the summer.
We played Hacky Sack and if you were the one who messed up you had to drop and do 25 push ups. Some of us met up before class a few times and surfed, but mostly we studied our arses off. The graduation party was a knock down drag out drunk fest though.
Good luck. It'll be worth it when it's all said and done.
So become a Cop then
Word!
Or even worse, spend your career on a Truck Company, watching all the Engine guys having all the fun. :D
After over 18 years as a medic, I am so ready to become a Trucker, where elevator rescues are the equivelent of a pumpers butt itch (ie, medical aid).

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 11:02 AM
What medic school did you go too?

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I went in New Jersey when I was in the coast guard

CBadDad
12-27-2006, 11:35 AM
U.c.s.d. - E.m.s.t.o.

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Keep at it, sooner or later it will pay off.
Good luck.

weaver
12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Mt. Sac with good old Steve Williams. And be a cop huh? funny did you get some inside info from mike?

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
No inside info from Chick-lay.... Not much get by me

weaver
12-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I started there backgrounds with hopes that after five years on you can lateral to FD.

IGOTSHOTGUN
12-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Trucky Wannabe Right Here.

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 01:27 PM
I started there backgrounds with hopes that after five years on you can lateral to FD.
OK, what do all fireman and policemen have in common?

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I am still waiting on my internship after 3 months being out of the hospital. Anyone want too be my preceptor? My school is going under because they cant find perceptors for students, so now we are on our own to find one im desperate:( :(

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I am still waiting on my internship after 3 months being out of the hospital. Anyone want too be my preceptor? My school is going under because they cant find perceptors for students, so now we are on our own to find one im desperate:( :(
Did you go through RCC.

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Did you go through RCC.
I went though CPI in lakeforest, Ca

phebus
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
OK, what do all fireman and policemen have in common?
They both wanted to be firemen? :D

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
good job

essexjet
12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
RCC Class #2

Havasu1986
12-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Speaking of firemen Rick...saw Mongo at the gym yesterday..Said he's coming to Havi and drink all your beer.:D

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 02:44 PM
I went though CPI in lakeforest, Ca
I know some of the peeps that went through RCC, that are having the same prob.

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 02:48 PM
It is a very hard place to be in. Not having a job for my then 7 months and now they wont keep me going with my education after spending more then 12k in school prices. I might have somthing going with a socal department to do my intership at. Keeping my fingers crossed.

essexjet
12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
After Mary, the Director left (after the 2nd class graduated) to county EMS it hasn't been the same. The new director that came from Las Vegas burned a lot bridges.

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 02:54 PM
After Mary, the Director left (after the 2nd class graduated) to county EMS it hasn't been the same. The new director that came from Las Vegas burned a lot bridges.
Seems like the same thing happen at different schools

essexjet
12-27-2006, 02:56 PM
It is a very hard place to be in. Not having a job for my then 7 months and now they wont keep me going with my education after spending more then 12k in school prices. I might have somthing going with a socal department to do my intership at. Keeping my fingers crossed.
$12K:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: I think I paid around $500 for tuition and books.

GETSOME
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
$12K:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: I think I paid around $500 for tuition and books.
Must be nice!

phebus
12-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I know that the medic school in Lake Forest was not welcomed with the Saddleback College program serving the fire service, but have you contacted Howard Adams over at Saddleback? He is as nice a guy as you could ever meet, with a heart of gold, and I bet that he might be able to help you solve your problem. Couldn't hurt.

HavasuSelect
12-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sure you guys have heard LA County is testing soon...... IWell I just heard yesterday that the opening of the exam has now been pushed until the end of Jan instead of the beginning. IMO it'll prob get pushed even farther then that. I don't think they've chosen a written test yet. The good thing is the CPAT is required at the time of application and the test will be an open continuous exam.
L.A. City did this same process and cut down big time (Which is a good thing for people trying to get on).
Good Luck to everyone. I know I need it......

8Dayz
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Yea what a great time.:rolleyes: I went is Santa Barbara. Just wait until your internship starts. That is about as much fun as a kick in the jimmy.:mad: It is worth it though. And if you plan on going into the Fire Dept. wait till you feel the pain of the first day of the TOWER! Oh yea good luck brother, you will love it.

4DAY4PLAY
12-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I know that the medic school in Lake Forest was not welcomed with the Saddleback College program serving the fire service, but have you contacted Howard Adams over at Saddleback? He is as nice a guy as you could ever meet, with a heart of gold, and I bet that he might be able to help you solve your problem. Couldn't hurt.
Phebus, i know your familiar with the program, but for those of you not:
Most OC fire departments dont really support the "private" medic school that opened in lake forest recently.(from what ive heard) There are no private medics in OC, so saddleback primarily trains many of the OC fire department's medics. As far as the field internship, there is alot of liability, and saddleback has enough $$$ to insure these students. I am getting ready to start precepting another (my 4th) medic student from saddlebacks current class, and yes, we have a good relationship with the instructors at saddleback. i have a friend who went to the private school, and tried to find him spots to be precepted and had no luck around here. Maybe in San bernadino, LA or riverside with a private paramedic ambulance.
Good luck with the rest of your training and let mw know if there is anything i can do to help.

Silver
12-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Hang in there! It pays off!

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Give a private ambulance co. a call. Try AMR. they are all over the state.

bruddah
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
i feel your pain man, i just got done with school and am waiting for my results from registry. hang in there and it will pay off! good luck and just think of the end result!
i cant wait till it is time to be a trucky, my dad worked with phebus and some of the other oc guys here, it is the life and i cant wait to do truck work!

76elimspecial
12-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Mt. Sac with good old Steve Williams. And be a cop huh? funny did you get some inside info from mike?
MT. SAC CLASS 41 HERE

76elimspecial
12-28-2006, 07:33 PM
PM ME I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP

Silver
12-28-2006, 08:31 PM
PM ME I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP
Rancho Cucamonga is good. Or call AMR and ask to speak to Susie Moss.
Call Crafton Hills Fire. Or try Redlands Com. Hosp. speak to Eileen Verosik. You can even google her.
Try Craton Hills College. Dan something is the one of the teachers, and a Bob/Judy Tyson.
Pm me if you need more leads.