PDA

View Full Version : ~RIP Little Brother~

Windy
12-27-2006, 01:07 PM
My Brother fought cancer for a year and 4 mo. He lost his battle Dec 17th. A week before Christmas at the young age of 34. He and I were only 2 yrs apart and we were very close. He was happily married and trying to start a family right before he was diagnosed. His loving wife never left his side for a momment. He served our country proud in the Army. He was the best..and I miss him so much it hurts! The good die young!
Yesterday we gave him a military service with a fire salute. We had a horse and carriage the was lead by a Bag Piper, and we released 50 white doves, ending the service in TAPS and folding of the falg that was draped over his casket.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_022.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_020.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_019.jpg

Her454
12-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Windy, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to your family.
Traci

switchin'addiction
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Windy
Please..if you can take a momment to say something nice for his grieving wife.:(

Jyruiz
Prayers go out to you and your whole family.

SummerBreeze
My Brother fought cancer for a year and 4 mo. He lost his battle Dec 17th. A week before Christmas at the young age of 34. He and I were only 2 yrs apart and we were very close. He was happily married and trying to start a family right before he was diagnosed. His loving wife never left his side for a momment. He served our country proud in the Army. He was the best..and I miss him so much it hurts! The good die young!
Yesterday we gave him a military service with a fire salute. We had a horse and carriage the was lead by a Bag Piper, and we released 50 white doves, ending the service in TAPS and folding of the falg that was draped over his casket.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_022.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_020.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193ebay_019.jpg
So sorry for your loss

UnionJack
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
That suck, so sorry for your loss

syke-o
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
so sorry for your loss, as well as his wife's...:(

topless
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Windy. Prayers are going out to yu and your family. He truelly had a good wife and family. God Bless
Alison

OutCole'd
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Windy, my condolences go out to you & your family.

IN2-IN2MX
12-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh Windy. I'm so sorry. I know you loved him very much. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, his wife and the rest of your family.

Debbolas
Windy,
I am so sorry for your loss,
Saying prayers for David,his wife and you.
Deb

460 jus getn it
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. So very sorry for your loss.

Sleek-Jet
I'm so sorry for you loss Windy... :(
Condolences to your family... and god speed to your brother...

Cole Trickle
12-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Windy,
He is in a better place now.
Prayers to family and friends....:(

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I am sorry to hear of his passing Windy. My condolences to you and your family.
RIP

NOTALENT
12-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow Windy....sooo sorry to read this...as you were posting his updates through out my time on ***boat we all hoped he was getting better. Im very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. If theres anything you need were here for you.

Mrs.Killer
12-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Windy
So sorry to hear about your loss, I know from several post you were very close to him.
Yvonne and Miguel

Biglue
12-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Windy I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I often saw your sig line about him and never had the nerve to ask. So sorry to hear he succumed to the illness. Please accept my sincerest thoughts and condolences. As for his wife, just know that his leaving this place will be better for him seeing you accepting of his departure. It hurts to lose a loved one but let them leave in peace. I hope that comforts you as it did our family a few years back. All I could say to you is life does get better as time goes on. God Bless.

Windy
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much....its your simple words of acknowledgement that helps comfort our loss.
Please keep them coming. :)

nodigg
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
So sorry to hear you lost him Windy. I remember how difficult it was for you even back in the summer dealing with his illness. I can't imagine how tough it must be on his wife. My best thoughts and condolences to all who were close to him. I can know that his wife must have been great comfort to him as I am sure you too.

Racer277
12-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Windy, sorry for your loss, your families are in our prayers.
We are so proud to know you. I wish we had time to know David.
He is in a better place.

dumbandyoung
12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
sorry to hear about your loss

charitycase
12-27-2006, 01:32 PM
So sorry for your loss.
Stay strong.
Casey & Christina

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and just know you have an angel up there cheering you on god bless you and your famliy

shockwaveharry
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
For Windy and David's Wife,
Loosing a loved one to cancer is a terrible thing, especially at such an early age. I'm sure he fought bravely over the last year and having the support and love of his Wife and family meant everything to him. My prayers and hopes for peace go out to you both and your family.
Harry

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
That is tough Windy... I can't think of anything to say other than I am sorry you lost your brother, and I am proud of his wife to have stuck it out with him and never left his side. She must be a great woman.
Let me know if Audrey and I can help at all in any way.
Wes and Audrey

lucky
12-27-2006, 01:43 PM
ahhh man - I'm sorry wendy - every time i looked at your sig i said a lil somthing for him -- - :( I'm sorry girl

Mandelon
12-27-2006, 01:44 PM
It isn't right. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Devilman
12-27-2006, 01:44 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Your words of a battle with cancer hit close to home. Although he is gone from this earth, he will never be gone from your hearts or memories. Hopefully, knowing that his suffering has ended brings some peace to all of you..... God bless & condolences to your family.

BarryMac
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Windy, very very sorry to read of your loss, you and his wife and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Windy
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
God Bless you guys. ;)

Jordy
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Windy, that's horrible news. So sorry to hear about your brother. Thoughts and prayers go out to you, his wife, and the rest of your family. :( :( :(

That Guy
12-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Windy: Denise and I want to also send our sincere and heartfelt wishes to you and your family. The poem you attached had a beautiful sentiment. Stay strong and may he rest in peace.

Bradman
12-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Windy,
Susie and I are so sorry about the passing of your brother. You, David's wife and the rest of your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. God speed David and may you rest in peace.
Mike

C-2
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news, and I admire your courage. Godspeed to your brother. Hang in there.

boatsnblondes
12-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Windy, so sorry to hear this, people always say, the Lord never gives us more that we can handle, but at times like this I wonder....in any case...a little something from an old friend of mine, John Donne..to help you through it....the good Lord Bless you and keep you....[B]
DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

chub
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Windy, you, David's loving Wife, and your family and friends are in my prayers.
May the Lord Bless you,
And keep you.

ratso
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Windy, I didn't realize it was so recent...:( I am just at a loss for words. I wish the best for you, his wife, and the rest of the family and friends that are grieving now...

whoya
12-27-2006, 02:15 PM
So sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family. Prayers said.

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
May the Lord comfort you all through this very difficult time.

Mrs.HLB
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I am so sorry about your brother. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.
Mrs.HLB

phebus
12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow, reading the news, took my breath away. So sad, and just so wrong. I wish I could tell you something that could help at this hard time, but I realize that it takes time to come to terms with such a loss, and if there is anything I can do for you whenever you are out here in Havasu (or anytime at all for that matter), please let me know.
Rick

Windy
12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Life will never be the same without you David...We'll see you again some day.

fat rat
12-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

JAY4SPEED
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Windy, prayers sent. I want to thank you, Him, and his family for his service in the Army. It sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony.
Jay

River Diva
12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh Windy, I had no idea. I know it's even harder to deal with these things around the holidays. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family and David's wife are in my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything Dave or I can do please let us know.
Love you,
Stacy

riverbound
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss....If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know :(

Garrddogg
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Windy Im so sorry to hear about your brother. I wish there was something to say or do to make it better but there is nothing for something like this other than I'm sorry.

djunkie
12-27-2006, 02:44 PM
So sorry to hear about this Windy. I know he had been fighting hard. He is in a better place now. Prayers for you and the rest of the family. Hang in there.

Do F150's Float?
12-27-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Windy. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family :(

Mrs.Racer277
12-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Windy,
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you
Dia

Phat Matt
12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I am sure there is nothing I can say to make it easier, but sorry. :(

Beautiful Noise
12-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Windy, We are sorry to hear of your Loss,Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family.

Tom Brown
12-27-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry, Windy.

yopengo
12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
So sorry for your loss.
R.I.P.

Windy
12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Yesterday when I had to go up and speak...one of the things I said was...
" I would first like to thank everyone for helping me through this difficult time. I heard over and over...I dont know what to say, but Im here for you. Your simple acknowlegement was all that I needed to hear. Nobody could expect you to know what to say to someone who is losing a sibling...when his life is just begining."

Devil's Advocate
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I have a twin brother, I can only imagine how difficult it is to let someone go who is so close. He is with God now, that is a blessing. May God watch over you, your family and his wife and bring you through these difficult times. My prayers and condolances to you and the family.

Windy
12-27-2006, 03:24 PM
From the bottom of my heart...thank you!
I will be bringing Liz {My brothers wife} with me to Havasu this summer. She and my brother loved the outdoors. My brother saiid once that if he gets better he was going to buy a big boat...I was so excited to hear that. :(

Totally IncapASSitated
12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss...my condolences to his widow, as well as all family/friends :(
Cancer is a horrible desease that we desperately need to find a cure for!!! My mom was diagnosed in May and is still fighting (and in great spirits after 11 rounds of chemo and more to come) and God-willing will continue to fight her cancer into remission, so I can somewhat understand what you have been through and my prayers go out to you and your family.

eliminatedsprinter
12-27-2006, 03:41 PM
My thanks to him for his service and my wishes for you and your familie's strength in your loss.

JetBoatRich
12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your family's loss, sound slike you were close with many great memories together.

LLGirl
12-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Windy - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom to cancer, she was only 39. It's a horrible illness. My condolances to you, his wife and all of your family :(

spectras only
12-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Windy , I'm sorry for the loss of your brother ,we learned here how much you loved him. My condolences to his widow and family .

Angie
12-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Windy~
I'm sad to hear of yours and your sister-in-law's loss. Take the time to grieve and stay strong. Our sympathy goes out to you and all your family.
~Angie/Bobby

Windy
12-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Thank you for all the PMs.
Thank you to the OGShockers for coming to his services yesterday.
Thank you Dia for the card...it arrived today.

Ziggy
12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Many prayers from our family to yours Windy. Know this: he is no longer in pain and is watching and smiling down upon you. Cherish the memories.

Phat Daddy
12-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Windy, we are very sorry to hear this. Our hearts go out to you and your whole family.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
We are all so sorry to hear of your loss. He will be missed. Our prayers are with you all. He may not be here in flesh , but he will always be with everyone in spirit.

Baja Big Dog
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Windy,
The flag and all of us that it protects thanks your brother and your family for the service and sacrifice for our freedom, your brother is now serving all of us again......display the flag so you can see it every day so the memories live forever.
Please accept a salute from all service men and women.

Havasu Doug
12-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm so sorry Windy. I was afraid that this day would come and as the holidays neared, I worried more. I wanted to call you a hundred times, but I was afraid it would be a bad time. You and your family have been and will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love always,
Doug

BoatFloating
12-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow! Windy sorry to hear this.... My prayers go out to you and your family.... Your right the good ones die young, that's why live your life like it's the last day and enjoy it....

LHC30Victory
12-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Windy, We know how much you loved your brother and we are deeply saddened by his passing. Please accept our condolences and prayers and pass this message to his wife. We never want to see friends or loved ones go, but we can only hope that where they end up is much better than where they were. Christmas is always a hard time to lose someone, but try to celebrate his life rather than your loss.
Ted and Mimi

rude235
12-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Windy, my heart goes out to you and your brother's family. that's a beautiful poem and nice pics you posted, puts a lump in my throat.

RiverDave
12-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Windy, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. As Stacy said earlier if there is anything she or I can do for you or his Wife please don't hesitate to give me a call. :( I wish I was there to give you a hug.
Dave

Boa1277
12-27-2006, 05:36 PM
That is horrible, to lose someone so young is truly hard, much less a brother, husband, son. I am very sorry for your loss, I am sure he is in a better place smiling down upon you and yours.

Second "PLACE"
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Windy-
Please accept my condolences as well--I too lost a very close family member just a few days before Christmas this year.
Take comfort in knowing that though we will miss them dearly, they are truly in a better place free of hurt. Keep the faith and stay strong.
---Mike

woody56
12-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Windy,
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you, his wife and the family. You will always have the great memories of him to fill your strong heart. Call if there is anything I can do. :(
Love,
Woody and Parents of Woody

MRSDRMCAT
12-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Windy-
Please accept my condolences as well--I too lost a very close family member just a few days before Christmas this year.
Take comfort in knowing that though we will miss them dearly, they are truly in a better place free of hurt. Keep the faith and stay strong.
---Mike
Windy,
I am so sorry. My eyes are all teary thinking of you and your families pain. I recently lost a close friend. His death has taught me so many life leasons. Try to remember the good times and what he brought and will continue to bring to your life. Hang in there! L

cc322
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Very sorry to hear about your loss
With deepest Sympathy.
Craig and Dawnna

MikeF
12-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear this Windy. Godspeed and Godbless.

Rexone
12-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Windy I'm sooooooo sorry to hear this news. I know from your posts how close you were to your brother. I lost my mother to cancer several years ago. It's a horrible desease. And it's too often the young, good people, with their whole life ahead. Know that he is in a better place and no longer in pain.
My prayers are with you during this very trying time, and with your entire family and his wife. Keep your head up, it will never go away but it will get a little easier with time. God bless you all.

Kim Hanson
12-27-2006, 06:39 PM
So sorry to hear Windy, so young, its just not right..........( . )( . ).........:( :(

sam pioske
12-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Windy --------- So sorry . You gals stay strong. Bless him and you.

SnakeWrench
12-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh Windy, I am so sorry to hear this. Gayleen and I wish the best for his wife, you and Bobby, and of course the rest of your extended family.
My heart goes out to all of you.
God Bless,
Alex(Jay) and Gayleen

Silver
12-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Windy, We know how much you loved your brother and we are deeply saddened by his passing. Please accept our condolences and prayers and pass this message to his wife. We never want to see friends or loved ones go, but we can only hope that where they end up is much better than where they were. Christmas is always a hard time to lose someone, but try to celebrate his life rather than your loss.
Ted and Mimi
So nicely said!
I am so sorry. Every mother's fear....leaves a heart so empty. In time lots of good will replace this day of sadness! I am sorry.....
God Bless everyone in your family!

zerotollerance
12-27-2006, 07:42 PM
very sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Think of all the good times to honar your bro.
May God bless

Kiddunot
12-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Windy we are both very sorry for the loss in your family god bless your family as well as his wife...We send out our Love.
Chris and Becca

TrojanDan
12-27-2006, 08:06 PM
May God grant him eternal peace and bless his family.

RiverToysJas
12-27-2006, 09:01 PM
We are very sorry. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your whole family Windy.
Jason & Con

bigq
12-27-2006, 09:18 PM
You don't know me Windy and I don't know you or you're brother, but I know cancer and hate to hear about this. Sounds like the world lost a great man and am very sorry for his wifes and your families loss. I hope you can find some comfort with family and friends.
Wayne

VEGASBABY
12-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I to lost a father to cancer. I feel your hurt. Many prayers to you and your family and to your brothers wife.

78Eliminator
12-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Very sorry to hear this Windy. I remember when my mother was battling cancer you sent me a very nice private message telling me to hang in there. I am very glad to hear that he had such a loyal wife and I already knew he had a wonderful sister. Take it day by day and keep his memories close to your heart.... We will all be thinking about you.

bunny 166
12-27-2006, 10:44 PM
We're so sorry Windy! :( Thinking of you and wishing you strength in the coming days, weeks, months....
Cindy and Darrin

Artv
12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Windy, so sorry for the loss of your brother.

wsuwrhr
12-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Godspeed Sir,
"Only the Good Die Young"

bignet
12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said....You and your brother must have shared a great relationship....I kept up on the threads regarding David's diagnosis as well as updates. I never knew him, but can tell he must've been special. My family's thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and your family.
:devil:
bignet

Charley
12-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Windy, I am so very sorry for your loss :(
my sincere condolences...god bless

Windy
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Thank you so much! :)

Wet Dream
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

CBadDad
12-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Much too young.
Condolences to you and your family.
Godspeed & RIP for him.

beaverretriever
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Im sorry for your loss to you and your family. :(

HCS
12-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Windy,
Sorry about your loss. :cry:
I lost my brother n law in a military plane crash at the same age.
I know how it hurts.
Tom.

kphayes
12-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Windy-
To you, your family and his wonderful wife, Deana and I offer our condolences.
Another Angel going home! RIP Brother!
Kyle & Deana

RP2
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry for your loss... Prayers are with you and your loved ones.

NoCal NoBoat
12-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Windy -
We are sorry to read of your loss.
We haven't met, but I have followed your postings about your brother and his battle.
I do know that he made a difference during his time here, and crossed over knowing that he was greatly loved by his family and friends. You all did the best that you could do. We wish you peace of mind and spirit during this difficult time.
The O'Hara's
Concord, CA

RiverOtter
12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Sure am sorry to hear this. I lost a big brother to cancer 20 years ago. Best wished to y'all.

RVRGIRL
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
There is obviously no good time or way for someone whom you care about to die, and I am sorry to read that your brothers loss with cancer.
On the blessedly few occasions when I have had to write to convey my condolences, I am always at a loss for words... I think back to when my grandmother passed away and how I wanted to somehow tell everyone I knew about it and somehow express the loss I was feeling. Hoping someone would understand my pain.
It's amazing all the support you have been recieving, I'm sure it all helps....
Once again I'm so sorry. and..............I don't know what to say.
God Bless you and your family...
Heather

H20Advantage
12-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Windy I am so sorry or your loss. May God Bless your family and give you the strength that you need to get through these trying times. As for your brothers young wife my heart goes out to her and could not imagine the loss and lonliness she is feeling at this time.
Just remember: God will take you to it and God will take you through it.

Ultracrazy
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
God Bless the family. Sorry for the loss Windy. Take care.
Steve