PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use anchor buddy?

75MillerJet
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Anyone here use the anchor buddy? If so, how exactly does this work? The pictures that it shows on the website shows them anchoring with the bow towards shore. Sounds kinda stupid but I'm pretty new to anchoring in general since I always beached it during the day and put it back on the trailer overnight. Can someone give me some input on the setup I would need to anchor offshore over night? From anchor to ropes and clips. I appreciate it guys.
Pat

Squirtcha?
12-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I had one and it's a great deal for lake and river use. Mine got ripped off at Big River last summer and I'm pissed.
At the lake I would anchor using it off the bow and tie the stern to a stake on the beach. It'll take some big ass'd waves and just bounce right back after the stretch.

dumbandyoung
12-27-2006, 01:41 PM
i had 3 brand new jetski anchor bags ripped off last summer. just took them out of the package filled them with rocks and trew em in.. came back with the jetskis and they were gone damn rat bastards... those things were $25 a peice

roostwear
12-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I love them. I used to beach for years until big boats and more traffic made it impossible. I just set it upriver, connect it to the bow eye and let the current swing the stern around. After you do it a few times, you figure out what works for your boat and how to read the current. I've taken some big wakes and the stretch keeps the anchor from dragging. Shop around.... prices vary alot.

malcolm
12-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I got one last year. Took a little learning to figure out what works. It helps to have a friend that has one show you the "ropes" the first time. ;)

BRAWNY
12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
love the anchor buddy,so easy to use.
make sure to keep it clean,had one break the rubber band on the inside.
sent it back to overtons and they replaced it.they claim it got soiled with
gas. brawny

BOOGEYMAN
12-27-2006, 07:40 PM
At the lake I would anchor using it off the bow and tie the stern to a stake on the beach. It'll take some big ass'd waves and just bounce right back after the stretch.
x2 they work great!!!

Danhercules
12-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Love em.
I put it on the bow, facing out.
Put it way out there. Then I have a rope on shore to the back of the boat with loops every 10 ft or so. When I wanna leave, pull on the stern rope and the boat comes in. Get in and let loose the stern rope and the bungee will pull you out. The wife unhooks the front and the momentum(sp) clears the rope.
Commin in the wife lays up front and I run over the buey and she connects it and I shut down. I float to the beach and the bungee gets tight and the boat turns, I jump out, hold it for peeps to get off then connect the stren line and let the boat go. Bungee pulls it back out. The loops in the stern line lets you adjust for water going up or down.

Wicked Performance Boats
12-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I thought an anchor buddy was--- When you pull into the beach,you think, fu#k it, I'm too lazy to take my anchor out so I'm just gonna hook my boat to the back of my buddy's boat! Budlight

OKIE-JET
12-28-2006, 06:56 AM
I thought an anchor buddy was--- When you pull into the beach,you think, fu#k it, I'm too lazy to take my anchor out so I'm just gonna hook my boat to the back of my buddy's boat! Budlight
Yep..been there before.lol

1978 Rogers
12-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I got one last year. Took a little learning to figure out what works. It helps to have a friend that has one show you the "ropes" the first time. ;)
LOL.
I use one, they work great. I use a caribeaner to attach the front clip to the bow eye & anchor buddy then a sand spike on the stern/ski tow. This way you are always bow into waves. Use the anchor buddy to pull your boat out in to waste deep water. Use the stern line to pull your boat back into shore. Safer that way so you don't take water over the stern for us Freeboard Challenged boats. :jawdrop:
I use caribeaners in lieu of the hook/clasp that came with the anchor buddy. The beaners for mountain climbing are strong and are good insurance your boat won't come unhooked for a cheap made in Taiwan/China clasp ($9.00 each). That cheap clasp bent and came unhooked from my bow second time I used it. A good quality hook with swivel would be a good choice also.

75MillerJet
12-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanx you guys you've all been really helpful. Also, anyone have any recommendations for anchors besides the box anchor? Don't really have the cash to throw down for one of those things but if its what everyone suggests then I guess I have no choice.
Pat

1978 Rogers
12-29-2006, 08:35 AM
I use the typical Danforth style anchor for our size boat. I got mine from GI Joes. The important part is making sure they set. Don't just drop them straight down and expect them to grab. They are small enough to sit next to my engine in the back and don't take up a lot of space.

malcolm
12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I got my little anchor at Wal-Mart. You have a length of chain on yours (78rogers) that seems to help it set. I still have to get one to add to mine this season.

spectratoad
12-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Love em.
I put it on the bow, facing out.
Put it way out there. Then I have a rope on shore to the back of the boat with loops every 10 ft or so. When I wanna leave, pull on the stern rope and the boat comes in. Get in and let loose the stern rope and the bungee will pull you out. The wife unhooks the front and the momentum(sp) clears the rope.
Commin in the wife lays up front and I run over the buey and she connects it and I shut down. I float to the beach and the bungee gets tight and the boat turns, I jump out, hold it for peeps to get off then connect the stren line and let the boat go. Bungee pulls it back out. The loops in the stern line lets you adjust for water going up or down.
This is Zackly what I do. Works Great and I go bow out too. :D

Cheyenne580
12-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Where can you get one ?????
JIM

75MillerJet
12-30-2006, 12:42 PM
just about any boat supply store... overtons, west marine, etc