PDA

View Full Version : Homes on the ISLAND (Havasu)

TCHB
12-27-2006, 03:39 PM
I went by their yesterday and it looked like Orange County Track Homes with the same Price $1MM. They are jammed together!!!! They said they are going to build 10 sell 10 and then move to the next phase with a price increase every phase!!!!!!!!!

djunkie
12-27-2006, 03:44 PM
$1Mil ????? No thanks. I'll stick to my little shanti on the south side that cost less than a quarter of that. :D

beach gomer
12-27-2006, 03:46 PM
So it should take about 10 years to sell one.Not a good deal

TCHB
12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I agree! The reason I bought in Havasu is to have a little more space not less. I guess the builder is out of Irvine and it shows.

TCHB
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Here is the link
http://www.lakehavasuislandhomes.com/

SJP
12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
You would think Phil would photoshop the gap in his teeth or get them fixed if he was going to post himself on such an exclusive offering. I would think this would at least give valuation a SD of +/- 100k:)

riverroyal
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
next year,bring this thread back up.My guess is youll hear "I shoulda bought one"

JB in so cal
12-27-2006, 04:45 PM
next year,bring this thread back up.My guess is youll hear "I shoulda bought one"
Step up!

djunkie
12-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Step up!
Uh huh!!!!!!!!:D :D

HavasuSelect
12-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I was by there a few weeks ago and the lots are jammed together pretty darn close. I'm sure the houses are going to be beautiful but I wouldn't want to be that close to my neighbor. (Unless she was smoking hot and liked to walk around naked with her curtains open).
On another note they really need to build another bridge to the island.....

beach gomer
12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Bring this thread up this time next year and there will still be 10 houses for sale.Selling at 1.3 million and still no launch ramp,only public.

Ivan Dan
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I bet they don't sell more than 5 of them in 2007 for that price. :jawdrop:

riverroyal
12-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Bring this thread up this time next year and there will still be 10 houses for sale.Selling at 1.3 million and still no launch ramp,only public.
I agree

Kilrtoy
12-27-2006, 05:55 PM
They sold one so far

Kilrtoy
12-27-2006, 06:16 PM
hey big baller did you buy one?:D :idea:
The only thing that I and big balls have in common is the two basketballs in my garage:D

cc322
12-27-2006, 06:25 PM
1 mil for a house in Havasu, you can keep it. Who cares if it's in the channel, it aint Dana Point.

Ion
12-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Project is already underway. It will resemble the existing bridge.

TCHB
12-27-2006, 07:10 PM
There is nothing special about the Island. You still have to go wait in line to launch the boat, no docks, and you can not even see the water. Havasu has a lot of nice homes that at least you can see blue water. Can you imagine the traffic on the Island during every weekend from April through October. Soon they will start the discount prices to bring cash flow in. They are allready trying to raise cash by selling models and leasing back full payment for 4-5 years.

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Well, as a friend has mentioned to me that Havasu is like the OC and Bev Hills I guess they are now right about that statement.....lol
No interest on my part in the least. I think you guys are right about the traffic issues. If I spent that much I better have my back yard lake view unobstructed plus a private launch ramp.

JB in so cal
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, as a friend has mentioned to me that Havasu is like the OC and Bev Hills I guess they are now right about that statement.....lol
No interest on my part in the least. I think you guys are right about the traffic issues. If I spent that much I better have my back yard lake view unobstructed plus a private launch ramp.
Aren't the Lakers 19-10, now?....

jammin
12-27-2006, 07:27 PM
You would think that for a mil a copy the developer could pay for the infrastructure needed to support these houses. Instead a lot of the costs are going to be borne by the communty. I wonder how that happened?

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Aren't the Lakers 19-10, now?....
I guess I should update the records but Don is on top of that these days with his "original sig"
:)

SummerBreeze
12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
I was by there a few weeks ago and the lots are jammed together pretty darn close. I'm sure the houses are going to be beautiful but I wouldn't want to be that close to my neighbor. (Unless she was smoking hot and liked to walk around naked with her curtains open).
Eric,
You up in Havi this weekend?

HavasuSelect
12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Eric,
You up in Havi this weekend?
Nope, no plans as of yet. I was gonna go in Jan for MLK weekend but I finish up my motorcycle training that weekend. My next trip will prob be mid Feb. Prob try and get some off-roading and the Desert Bar in. How about you???

SummerBreeze
12-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Nope, no plans as of yet. I was gonna go in Jan for MLK weekend but I finish up my motorcycle training that weekend. My next trip will prob be mid Feb. Prob try and get some off-roading and the Desert Bar in. How about you???
I will be in Havi around noon on Friday. I will be stay at my house till the 1st then the snow birds are coming. So I may stay at your pops place or with my friend Jeannette. I'll be in town till the 6th then off to the supercross races in Anaheim.
Your dad just called he was at Martini Bay Boozin it up with Iced Tea
Motorcycle Training?? Supercross?? or Street Riding??

BajaMike
12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
"Toscana at Grand Island Estates".....what pretentious bull shit. I'm so sick of this "Tuscany" fad in architecture....we're not in Italy!
And where the hell is "Grand Island"???:confused:
http://www.lakehavasuislandhomes.com/Alessandrafronttwo.gif
"Five uniquely desgned, distinguished floorplans....." They all look the same to me.:idea:
Total B.S.:sqeyes:

nodigg
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Get Pissed Mike! :d
Youz makin me glad I went for Adobe style!

Riverdad
12-28-2006, 08:27 AM
I went throught the homes yesterday to see what Irvine looks like these days.
First, included in the price is the developer's obligation to the new bridge.
Secondly, the homes are built just like Irvine homes with views of your neighbor's wall. One of the front bedrooms had a widow that opened to the neighbor's side of the house and two sealed windows, up high, towards the lake and mountains. These homes are cookie cutter homes from Irvine with no thought to maximizing Havasu's views.
The garages are nice but again, you are right next door to your neighbor and it is a ton of money.
I stick with my view up the hill.

Hardly Satisfied
12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I went by their yesterday and it looked like Orange County Track Homes with the same Price $1MM. They are jammed together!!!! They said they are going to build 10 sell 10 and then move to the next phase with a price increase every phase!!!!!!!!!
There's always someone that will throw away there money

Throttle
12-28-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0636.JPG
:)

SoCalSouthpaw
12-28-2006, 10:32 AM
1 mil for a house in Havasu, you can keep it. Who cares if it's in the channel, it aint Dana Point.
LMAO!!! No kiddin... :D

Not So Fast
12-28-2006, 10:32 AM
What a f---ing joke and yet they will sell sooner or later. Dollar dont mean crap anymore and too many people coming here for me. NSF

edog_103
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
This all makes me sick! There goes the neighborhood. Nothing like a couple money hungry developers to come in a screw things up.

sleekcraft137
12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
The sad thing is that I have someone I know who would buy in there just so he can say to his friends "look where I have a house". Looks pretty sad, thats no place I'd wanna be. A house in havi shouldn't look like an "OC" neighborhood.

DCBDaytona
01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Envy brings hate. To those who can afford a $1mil house on the ISLAND in Havasu as a second home, more power to them. Some people around here sound a little jealous...so get the hell over it. To each there own.:devil:
Oh, and bashing on Phil on the internet is real manly and mature. Hell, half the peeps on this forum are glorified used car salesmen...I mean RE agents.