PDA

View Full Version : Friends competing against friends....

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Do any of you have any friends that "compete" against you in life, etc? What if you aren't even aware they compete with you until someone brings it up? Does it really come down to their own lack of self-worth? Is it just jealousy because they don't have happiness in their own lives? Why do they do this? You know...the whole keeping up with the Joneses dealio. F THE JONES.
I feel sad for people who do this as they will never win the game because there will always be someone else to come along and beat them at their own sick game. Sort of like trying to have the fastest boat. There is almost always someone faster.

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
I use to.

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I use to.
Did you just blow them off Juan and move on?

YeLLowBoaT
12-27-2006, 08:37 PM
I have several friend that are "competors", then again we are in the same line of work. :D
its kind of funny every time some one get's a new tool we all seem to get something simlar or better. :D Thats normally after we see how much time it saves.

talkinghead
12-27-2006, 08:39 PM
IMO, after years of observation - the #1 driving force for most people by far is the need to feel superior to other people.
That's why people pick certain occupations, buy certain boats, drive certain vehicles, etc...the list goes on and on.

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Did you just blow them off Juan and move on?
Funny thing is, he just showed up at my buddies house the other day. No, he just stoped hanging out with us because we brought it to his attention, and I guess he did not like. Last time I saw him was at a buddies house and he insisted we play bball because he had been playing so much of it. now this guy is 6'2 and I am 5'9, there was 4 of us and we played 2 on 2 and I offered to take our friend who never ever plays bball. This also happened when I was 30lbs over weight. I told him that my teammate (who never ever plays and is bad) was going to score the first 3 points before I score so they better start out good. Well, it was 3 to 3 after my friend scored the first 3 ( took a while too) and we won 11 to 3. Here is the funniest part, he told his girlfriend to watch that it would not take long. Well, after the game she asked me where I played my college ball, when I said I never played in college and that this was the first time in 3 years I had picked up a bball, my competitive friend was upset he left with his girlfriend and I have not heard from him since.
Forgot to add that he was guarding me and I was guarding him.

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Funny thing is, he just showed up at my buddies house the other day. No, he just stoped hanging out with us because we brought it to his attention, and I guess he did not like. Last time I saw him was at a buddies house and he insisted we play bball because he had been playing so much of it. now this guy is 6'2 and I am 5'9, there was 4 of us and we played 2 on 2 and I offered to take our friend who never ever plays bball. This also happened when I was 30lbs over weight. I told him that my teammate (who never ever plays and is bad) was going to score the first 3 points before I score so they better start out good. Well, it was 3 to 3 after my friend scored the first 3 ( took a while too) and we won 11 to 3. Here is the funniest part, he told his girlfriend to watch that it would not take long. Well, after the game she asked me where I played my college ball, when I said I never played in college and that this was the first time in 3 years I had picked up a bball, my competitive friend was upset he left with his girlfriend and I have not heard from him since.
Forgot to add that he was guarding me and I was guarding him.
Been there with that kind of shit. Made you chuckle when he left didn't it?
:)

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Been there with that kind of shit. Made you chuckle when he left didn't it?
:)
Not as much as my other friends did. He was competitive with everything I purchased, I got a ski, he had to get a faster one, didn't happen though. Finally it got to the point where I was succeding in life and work a lot more and making some good moves. Well, he first started talking bad about me behind my back and my other friends just told him to shut up and be happy for me, guess he couldn't be so I think the game in front of his GF was the straw that broke the camels back. I hope he is doing better than before and wish him the best.

rmarion
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
those types are not friends..............
if they are, it's time to make new friends...........

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
those types are not friends..............
if they are, it's time to make new friends...........
I hear you but I think we all have had a few of those around in the past.
Hope you and your family had a nice Xmas

little rowe boat
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Don't have any friends that do that. Most of my best friends are not in the Fire service, and make alot more $$$ than I do, so not even an issue.

EAZYKILLER2006
12-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Do any of you have any friends that "compete" against you in life, etc? What if you aren't even aware they compete with you until someone brings it up? Does it really come down to their own lack of self-worth? Is it just jealousy because they don't have happiness in their own lives? Why do they do this? You know...the whole keeping up with the Joneses dealio. F THE JONES.
I feel sad for people who do this as they will never win the game because there will always be someone else to come along and beat them at their own sick game. Sort of like trying to have the fastest boat. There is almost always someone faster.
OH MY FOCKIN GODDD~~~ i was just thinking about this same shait!...TODAY :sqeyes: man!!! i was saying, i want a f 350 truck , now... AND showing it to hubby, he said "what about the escalade?"...i told him i wanted the 07 escalade, (untill my best friend heard me say i wanted one)...DAMN !!!:mad: she went out and got the exact one, i was looking at:mad: ...that was the "second ~no third time she did that shait".... i kinda got pissed off:mad: :mad: :mad: ...cus now "i dont want the escalade"...cus of her..."but i really did want the escalade"...damn her...BUMMER...SHE SUCKS...every thing i do, she feels she has to out do me...not sure what that shait is about...http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/KCandlaurie.jpgTHERE SHE IS...:(

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/KCandlaurie.jpg
Youu are on the right, correct?
Tell her your eyes are much prettier than hers.....lol
Yes, I know what you are saying. Do you talk the way you write your messages on her?

Mrs.Killer
12-27-2006, 09:13 PM
OH MY FOCKIN GODDD~~~ i was just thinking about this same shait!...TODAY :sqeyes: man!!! i was saying, i want a f 350 truck , now... AND showing it to hubby, he said "what about the escalade?"...i told him i wanted the 07 escalade, (untill my best friend heard me say i wanted one)...DAMN !!!:mad: she went out and got the exact one, i was looking at:mad: ...that was the "second ~no third time she did that shait".... i kinda got pissed off:mad: :mad: :mad: ...cus now "i dont want the escalade"...cus of her..."but i really did want the escalade"...damn her...BUMMER...SHE SUCKS...every thing i do, she feels she has to out do me...not sure what that shait is about...http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/KCandlaurie.jpgTHERE SHE IS...:(
Sounds like you have a jealous friend......:confused:

EAZYKILLER2006
12-27-2006, 09:15 PM
You are on the right, correct?
Tell her your eyes are much prettier than hers.....lol
Yes, I know what you are saying. Do you talk the way you write your messages on her?
y3pper lol ON HER
is there a different way...lol?

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 09:17 PM
y3pper lol ON HER
is there a different way...lol?
I am drinking some wine and getting kind of well....drunk and shit.
I meant do you talk like you write your emails?

Biglue
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Not as much as my other friends did. He was competitive with everything I purchased, I got a ski, he had to get a faster one, didn't happen though. Finally it got to the point where I was succeding in life and work a lot more and making some good moves. Well, he first started talking bad about me behind my back and my other friends just told him to shut up and be happy for me, guess he couldn't be so I think the game in front of his GF was the straw that broke the camels back. I hope he is doing better than before and wish him the best.
I sense some underlying envy there Juan. I have a friend like that. We have drifted over time but it was generally the same feeling of a meet on everything and anything I did. Oh well life goes on.

98 Vector 21
12-27-2006, 09:33 PM
I like to come right out with it I have the slowest boat,& a Small ____, well you know!:jawdrop:

EAZYKILLER2006
12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you have a jealous friend......:confused:
YEA well.... before i realized that...:eek: i hooked her up with my nephew...so, i think he is going to marry her...sooo darn ...i usally stay away from ppl like that...but now...darn...( may be family:sqeyes: ) she wasnt like that before...:( :idea: :sqeyes:

Jyruiz
12-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I sense some underlying envy there Juan. I have a friend like that. We have drifted over time but it was generally the same feeling of a meet on everything and anything I did. Oh well life goes on.
You are probably right bro.

nodigg
12-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Uh, that's a good question, I don't think so. I'm not very competitive? to begin with so I probably don't really understand competition anyway. I buy "off brands" and shite. Have to think this thing through though.

Baja Big Dog
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
This exactly why I tow my Sears alumiunm boat behind my Yugo, not too many people want to compete!!!!
But my Members Only jacket brings in all the cool chicks!!!!

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
But my Members Only jacket brings in all the cool chicks!!!!
That seals the deal every time.....lol

Thorsinc
12-27-2006, 09:52 PM
If there is something I want and a friend of mine goes out and buys it big Fn deal. It’s not an issue until you both start dressing alike on the same day. Then it’s a problem.

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Uh, that's a good question, I don't think so. I'm not very competitive? to begin with so I probably don't really understand competition anyway. I buy "off brands" and shite. Have to think this thing through though.
Rick....you do buy off brands but you would not be the entranuper (sp?) you are without having a competitive spirit about you. Competition is not bad but when you compete with friends then it gets silly...and shit.

nodigg
12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Rick....you do buy off brands but you would not be the entranuper (sp?) you are without having a competitive spirit about you. Competition is not bad but when you compete with friends then it gets silly...and shit.
In that case, did I tell you I ordered a 32' Shockwave with 700sci painted just like yours?

DILLIGAF
12-27-2006, 10:05 PM
In that case, did I tell you I ordered a 32' Shockwave with 700sci painted just like yours?
Well, you ****ed up as I would have taken your Cheetah and some cash for my 29. I am getting a pontoon now.
Plus, the fact we know that SW doesn't make a 32 :)

Thorsinc
12-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I am going to start a trend and buy a Rhino and see how many other HB people get one :idea:

spectras only
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Practically all my friends have more money or toys than me , so they don't have the need to compete against me :eek: :D

EAZYKILLER2006
12-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Practically all my friends have more money or toys than me , so they don't have the need to compete against me :eek: :D
yea i hear ya...but with my friend ..."it cant be about money" ...they are "TRUE BALLERS"... theres no comp there at all ...they make "like 8 million " a year...(my newphew is a general contractor / cement company)...we hit about 100 tho year...so i know its not "MONEY" ...THEY DUST US......she just has to have, what i want, or like...i just found out.." MY hubby told my her i wanted a truck...the f 350"...lmao...she went and got one last night...but the wrong one lol...HA!!!~she got the f 150 she must of heard him wrong...but it is a really nice truck...lifted...i will take some pics cus, she said she was comming to show me tomorrow...but i saw it at the dealer...:rolleyes:

havifun
12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
YOU SAID IT ..THEY JUST DON'T HAVE HAPPY LIVES...

h2oski2fast
12-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Hmmmmmm, I do remember a time when I heard "Rick's boat is faster then yours". What does that mean? You're so insecure you cant even bring your own boat in to it? :D :D :D

OKIE-JET
12-28-2006, 06:27 AM
yea i hear ya...but with my friend ..."it cant be about money" ...they are "TRUE BALLERS"... theres no comp there at all ...they make "like 8 million " a year...(my newphew is a general contractor / cement company)...we hit about 100 tho year...so i know its not "MONEY" ...THEY DUST US......she just has to have, what i want, or like...i just found out.." MY hubby told my her i wanted a truck...the f 350"...lmao...she went and got one last night...but the wrong one lol...HA!!!~she got the f 150 she must of heard him wrong...but it is a really nice truck...lifted...i will take some pics cus, she said she was comming to show me tomorrow...but i saw it at the dealer...:rolleyes:
WOW...If its anywhere near 8 mil, and they're rollin fords...they obviously have little or no taste...there's no substitute for taste.:D

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Hmmmmmm, I do remember a time when I heard "Rick's boat is faster then yours". What does that mean? You're so insecure you cant even bring your own boat in to it? :D :D :D
Ricks boat has always been faster than mine....lol
I am good with getting to 70.......
There have been times on Rick's boat I threatened to punch him in the neck as he drove if he didn't slow the **** down :)

Devil's Advocate
12-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Friends who are competative or jealous don't stay around long as "friends" with me. I don't feel that they are true friends and will likely be someone you can't trust in the long run.

nodigg
12-28-2006, 08:39 AM
There have been times on Rick's boat I threatened to punch him in the neck as he drove if he didn't slow the **** down :)
Ahhhh, good times!

HCS
12-28-2006, 09:10 AM
My wife is like that. I have this neighbor that's consistantly remodeling her house.
My wife gets jealous and wants ME to keep up. I tell my wife phuck that bitch!
She still gets jealous.

a catered life
12-28-2006, 09:35 AM
great question...i have never done it but i do have some friends that seem to me to always be competing aganist each other...one buys something this month and next month the other guy buys the better one next month....and it doesnt slow down as they get older they just buy bigger stuff to compete....they have gone from big screen tv, to rims for the cars, to bigger trucks to moterhomes...i feel sorry for those true friends that do this because it just shows the amount of jealousy between the two and not the true friendship.....when me and my best friend were younger we made sure we bought the total opposite stuff so both families would be able to be exposed to both things (ex. i bought a boat and he got the jet skis) when we went places we had both which gave us more choices......:idea:but i guess it not the fault of he guys when this world cars about who has the bigger dickie:sqeyes:

eliminatedsprinter
12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
great question...i have never done it but i do have some friends that seem to me to always be competing aganist each other...one buys something this month and next month the other guy buys the better one next month....and it doesnt slow down as they get older they just buy bigger stuff to compete....they have gone from big screen tv, to rims for the cars, to bigger trucks to moterhomes...i feel sorry for those true friends that do this because it just shows the amount of jealousy between the two and not the true friendship.....when me and my best friend were younger we made sure we bought the total opposite stuff so both families would be able to be exposed to both things (ex. i bought a boat and he got the jet skis) when we went places we had both which gave us more choices......:idea:but i guess it not the fault of he guys when this world cars about who has the bigger dickie:sqeyes:
Never done it huh. In that case I'm all over you Bub. I'm going to go out and get a 26 ft Stoker and I'm going to paint my house silver and black with a Raider logo on the Garage door!!:) :D ;)

BADBLOWN572
12-28-2006, 09:59 AM
In the past I had friends like that, but not anymore. It is a real relief that my current friends don't try to one up each other. Some of them, I couldn't compete with if I tried, but they never EVER try to degrade anyone or make others feel jealous. :) It gets real old when you go out and spend your hard earned money to get something that you really wanted then someone else comes in over the top on the same thing, yet then never really wanted it from the beginning. They always do it just to show off. It makes you question who your true friends are. :(

catman-do
12-28-2006, 10:09 AM
To a certain point MOST people are trying to keep up with the Jones's. Case in point, anyone in here with a toy hauler waaay larger than what they need. For example we are buying a rail in the next year or so, but for now its just me in a 40' trailer with my bike, fiance and dog. Someone that has a 100+ mph DCB/ Eliminator/ any sick ass boat thats financed. How many times does someone really need that speed? Almost never, so whats the point in paying for it unless you are truely wealthy and have the money to throw around (which none of us do) and pay cash for those types of things. How about all the people living in houses 2500sf and larger. NO ONE needs that kind of space. Everyone in the past had 8 member families growing up on farms that the house was less than 1000sf. To a certain point everyone is competitive. I would admit that i am to a point. Now i dont go out and buy every toy my friend has to try and one up them, but if its fun and i could see myself getting into it then sure i will buy one (but a cheep one first to make sure i will use it enough). just my .02

a catered life
12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Never done it huh. In that case I'm all over you Bub. I'm going to go out and get a 26 ft Stoker and I'm going to paint my house silver and black with a Raider logo on the Garage door!!:) :D ;)
now thats funny.......hey not a bad idea since my house is already gray with a dark grey trim all i need to do is trim the garage door in black and silver:idea:

eliminatedsprinter
12-28-2006, 10:31 AM
now thats funny.......hey not a bad idea since my house is already gray with a dark grey trim all i need to do is trim the garage door in black and silver:idea:
Oh crap! Cas is going to kill me if she finds out where you got the idea.:eek:

Jyruiz
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Worst part is, when you get something you have wanted for a while and finally save enough to get it, the competitive friend puts it down right away because he can't afford it.

MrsGHT
12-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I try not to allow that kind of stuff to get to me because they obviously aren't happy with themselves and what they have. It's all material anyways. They can be your friends, but aren't the type you'd allow to get too close to you.

dragboat
12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
I try not to allow that kind of stuff to get to me because they obviously aren't happy with themselves and what they have. It's all material anyways. They can be your friends, but aren't the type you'd allow to get too close to you.
Thats how it is, I learned the hard way.

All-Star
12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
This is a very though provoking question.:idea:
To sum it up... and you decide.
She dressed like an tom boy when we first met (Baseball cap, no make up , jeans, tenny's not jewlery and a large guys t-shirt)... then started dressing exactly like me and fixing her hair, wearing makeup, etc.:confused:
I got a new SUV... then she had to get the Biggest Expedition out there. (Mind you I helped her earn money to get it in the first palce)
I got a new toy hauler type trailer (Small one mind you, very modest) and she went to the RV showing trying to get a neew one. But didnt end up doing it. So they went and got a boat (With mommys money). But when that did not make me jealous then a year later she sold it and had to get a new bigger one built. (With mommys money and financed) Good for her.
I lost a few pounds through a life style change and exercise... she gets the boobs done and lipo (and tried to lie about it.) and then tried to say that I did something to loose weight.
I got a nice simple watch.... she had to go out and get a "Time Piece" yada yada... oh and tell us how much he spent on it.
I got a new wedding ring (After 10 years)..... she had to go get one (after 3 years????)
I upgraded my old home before I moved.... then she had to do upgrades also.
I got a new big t.v....... then they had to go even bigger, even though it didnt really fit in their room that they put it in.
I lost even more weight and then she didnt really want to go places in public with me. But we can hang out at each others house with the kids.
I bought a new house and then she wanted my daughter to show her the house before the escrow even closed. I thought that was strange. Especially if she said she was going to help me move in.... then she could see it tat that time. Well I never got her help moving in and then it took her 4 months to even come over. You could tell what she was thinking by the expression on her face and the forced smile. Well I did not see her for 6 months after that. And then she tells me that she is moving out of state and that she is buying a house and the bedroom count and bathroom count is one more then what I have... how ironic..... or is it. (Mommy gave money for a 20% down payment) Well the only reason why I bought the house that I did get was because it was a killer deal from a family member! It is not my dream home, we just really need the space. And I have done everything on my own with no mommy or daddy to help us out.
I have opened my eyes to what was really going on. If I was really a friend then a bunch of these things that I did not mention would not have happened. I was used as a guage or a tool only.
Now I know why they never had any friends... We were their only friends.
I was constantly reminded by the husband that everything that he has is better and top of the line. Oh and that he has been everywhere and has done everything and is a master at it all.
I have found that things do not make you happy, you have to make you happy. You have to be happy from the inside out. And I feel that no matter what will happen to them that she will always been searching for happiness and I feel sad for her. He is just totally insecure and he need to get over the whole bragging thing... it just get really old.
Well I wish them luck in their future.:(

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
This is a very though provoking question.:idea:
To sum it up... and you decide.
She dressed like an tom boy when we first met (Baseball cap, no make up , jeans, tenny's not jewlery and a large guys t-shirt)... then started dressing exactly like me and fixing her hair, wearing makeup, etc.:confused:
I got a new SUV... then she had to get the Biggest Expedition out there. (Mind you I helped her earn money to get it in the first palce)
I got a new toy hauler type trailer (Small one mind you, very modest) and she went to the RV showing trying to get a neew one. But didnt end up doing it. So they went and got a boat (With mommys money). But when that did not make me jealous then a year later she sold it and had to get a new bigger one built. (With mommys money and financed) Good for her.
I lost a few pounds through a life style change and exercise... she gets the boobs done and lipo (and tried to lie about it.) and then tried to say that I did something to loose weight.
I got a nice simple watch.... she had to go out and get a "Time Piece" yada yada... oh and tell us how much he spent on it.
I got a new wedding ring (After 10 years)..... she had to go get one (after 3 years????)
I upgraded my old home before I moved.... then she had to do upgrades also.
I got a new big t.v....... then they had to go even bigger, even though it didnt really fit in their room that they put it in.
I lost even more weight and then she didnt really want to go places in public with me. But we can hang out at each others house with the kids.
I bought a new house and then she wanted my daughter to show her the house before the escrow even closed. I thought that was strange. Especially if she said she was going to help me move in.... then she could see it tat that time. Well I never got her help moving in and then it took her 4 months to even come over. You could tell what she was thinking by the expression on her face and the forced smile. Well I did not see her for 6 months after that. And then she tells me that she is moving out of state and that she is buying a house and the bedroom count and bathroom count is one more then what I have... how ironic..... or is it. (Mommy gave money for a 20% down payment) Well the only reason why I bought the house that I did get was because it was a killer deal from a family member! It is not my dream home, we just really need the space. And I have done everything on my own with no mommy or daddy to help us out.
I have opened my eyes to what was really going on. If I was really a friend then a bunch of these things that I did not mention would not have happened. I was used as a guage or a tool only.
Now I know why they never had any friends... We were their only friends.
I was constantly reminded by the husband that everything that he has is better and top of the line. Oh and that he has been everywhere and has done everything and is a master at it all.
I have found that things do not make you happy, you have to make you happy. You have to be happy from the inside out. And I feel that no matter what will happen to them that she will always been searching for happiness and I feel sad for her. He is just totally insecure and he need to get over the whole bragging thing... it just get really old.
Well I wish them luck in their future.:(
Hit the nail on the head.

nodigg
12-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Any body know where I can get a gold plated Harley pin ball machine?

EAZYKILLER2006
12-29-2006, 03:33 PM
WOW...If its anywhere near 8 mil, and they're rollin fords...they obviously have little or no taste...there's no substitute for taste.:D
lol... thats just "some" of their vehicles... they have a lexus, the escalade, the 4x4 f 150 truck...oh...a nissan altima...gosh, "i cant remember THEMZ ALL" ~every time i am over there, they have some "new vehicle":mad: ...my nephew is into the lowrider seen:rolleyes: so his thing, is "car shows" he has about 12 different lowrider cars...lol ~62 63 64 72 76 (63 64 rag top)...2 to 3 of each... he lives down the street from US...he buys everything cash, (must be nice.)..but~ "they are cool"...cus they help us OUT alot...HE buildushomes "at cost" ~~~for us to "resell" so we can get "a bit of shit" fur cash too...so, i guess they are alright...i just wish they wouldnt get what i want ...it isnt him, ~ its her...:devil:

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Any body know where I can get a gold plated Harley pin ball machine?
BIACH! That's it I am getting the Platinum one. Mofo, you just cost me another $5K

vee-driven
12-29-2006, 07:29 PM
i know a family that if one of them buys a car or truck the other half will go out and buy the same exact thing, same with the boats, jetskis, bikes and motorhomes. its funny sh!t.

AirtimeLavey
12-30-2006, 10:42 AM
We're pretty comfortable, and I don't get wrapped up in this kind of competitive stupidity. I have friends who have much more than we do, and friends that have much less. I could care less. I look for the quality of the character, although I do even have some friends whose character is questionable at times. I deal with them if I know their hearts are in the right place.
Some of the wealthiest people I know, you'd never know how much wealth they have. That's because they're so low key about it. I've found in many cases, the wealthier they truely are, the less they flaunt it. It's usually the ones that wanna be, are the ones who flaunt the most, and leverage the most. Either that, or the ones who get lucky, then burn through the money quick, and don't last long, and usually end up in BK.
I'd been playing bball w/a guy for over 6 months, when we decided to hang out. I show up at his place, it was on Balboa, he had a 50' Fountain in back, and four Ferrari's in the garage. Made $20 mil the previous year, but you'd never know it by meeting him. He was so low key, but had the real deal, so he didn't flaunt it. Although I did stop hanging w/him, because we'd meet chicks, and I tell mine that the dude her friend was with had the Ferraris, and that was my Ford Exploder over there. Ok, that happened once, but the guy was real cool in spite of his ability to live the rock star life for real.
I feel lucky for the life I have, and don't give a shiat about who has what, or doesn't. There's more important things in life than to be that petty. It's sad, although sometimes funny when you meet people who are. To each his own. :cool:

HM
12-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I compete with my friends all the time. I guess I know why I don't have many friends! F those losers! :D
Some of us are wired for competition. It is difficult to turn it off, but I don't compete in the way that is probably meant by this thread - it doesn't mean anything to me to buy a possession before someone else, unless it something kinda stupid and low cost and is antedotal in a funny story. I compete so I can get better and learn, and I want those that compete with me to get better along with me. It does bother a few people I know - but these people typically have governmental jobs and think they are entitled to things they never earned - they also don't set goals in their life. It is not about winning (but that is fun), it is about constant improvement.

Jbb
03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
:p http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ani_belly-bump.gif