PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Outage

JetBoatRich
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
You believe this, my phone and DSL is down at home, noticed it at 4am today. They expect it down two more days. Glad I have a broadband card
Trouble Report Status
The number you are reporting is part of an outage.
The estimated restoration time for this outage is 12/29/2006 6:00 PM.
Condition reported
No dial tone
Trouble Report Status
Trouble is waiting to be dispatched to a technician.

Baja Big Dog
12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Does this mean you can be late 3 days on your payment?
Think they will credit you for the down time???
Tell them you tried to pay your bill online............:)

robk
12-27-2006, 10:17 PM
In my experience with Adelphia, if I called their customer service and bitched enough about outages of significant length, they would credit my account. It might work with Verizon too as their customer service seems infinitely better than Adelphia's.
Rob

YODA
12-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Usually with that type of message, it means a main cable in your area has been damaged and crews are working 24/7 restoring service. When it does get fixed call the bus office and they will credit whatever amount of days you were out.

Desert Rat
12-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah mine is hard down too Rich. I have bitched about noise on the line to Verizon so many times I've pretty much given up on them. I heard lightening hit a pole in Victorville and fryed a whole bunch of shit. I just don't understand how that affects my local calling?? At least it still works at work....

28Sport Cat
12-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Mine came back on around midnite although verizon kept telling me all day yesterday that the lines were ok

Desert Rat
12-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Lucky you. I get a dial tone but can't make a call and the DSL can't log on:mad:

JetBoatRich
12-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Mine was waorking this morning at 4am, looks like a little over 24 hours to fix.:mad:
I better call and get my $2 credit:D

Catfever
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Mine came back on around midnite although verizon kept telling me all day yesterday that the lines were ok
:devil: Bro you live in Lancaster Ca, next to nothing and all you boater out there have all that land and no good lakes.Maybe you all can put your money together and flood lake los angles.Phone service do you have phones out there.Happy new years to you bro.:D

a catered life
12-28-2006, 08:57 AM
i heard it was out because the lead guy on most of their projects crashed his company truck, stole their number one secetary and quit the next day....:D this is what i heard:confused:

eliminatedsprinter
12-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Our phone was out yesterday. It is working now.

Moneypitt
12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Boy are we spoiled in California...Other areas of the country get knocked out on a regular basis. Not only phone, but power as well. 6' of snow, no phone, no heat, no roads to travel away from your freezing house.......I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to bitching about a little thing like TV cable, phone, and internet services......At least we aren't freezing, or floating.............MP

AZKC
12-28-2006, 11:06 AM
There was some under ocean earthquake that damaged some fiber optics in the Pacific:confused: I read about in the paper this AM it really put a wammy on the Pacifc Rim from what I read:)

JetBoatRich
12-28-2006, 11:10 AM
There was some under ocean earthquake that damaged some fiber optics in the Pacific:confused: I read about in the paper this AM it really put a wammy on the Pacifc Rim from what I read:)
Interesting:idea: I never heard why it was off

a catered life
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
i heard it was out because the lead guy on most of their projects crashed his company truck, stole their number one secetary and quit the next day....:D this is what i heard:confused:
THIS IS THE REAL REASON:D

Desert Rat
12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
:devil: Bro you live in Lancaster Ca, next to nothing and all you boater out there have all that land and no good lakes.Maybe you all can put your money together and flood lake los angles.Phone service do you have phones out there.Happy new years to you bro.:D
Well we ARE closer to the river then you are:hammer2: :rollside:

eliminatedsprinter
12-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Well we ARE closer to the river then you are:hammer2: :rollside:
Yea, but he's closer to Hansen Dam and Castiac 35 mph put put lake than we are.:rolleyes: ;)

Desert Rat
12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Yea, but he's closer to Hansen Dam and Castiac 35 mph put put lake than we are.:rolleyes: ;)
Now if he was closer to saaaay Shasta then I would have to call him names but Castaic??! Ask Cale how often he goes there. Last time I was there (years ago) the bay watch life guards were screwing with a guy in an aluminium 16' with a 25 HP on the back for making a wake in the 5mph zone. Guy could barely go 5mph.