PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Cop shooter killed!!!

Baja Big Dog
12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Hats off the the Santa Ana Police....they shot the scum bag dead!!!

Kilrtoy
12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
And may he NOT rest in peace
now lets get the rest of the family

vmjtc3
12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
And may he NOT rest in peace
now lets get the rest of the family
By far, the best post of the day.
1 pos down in a world of many......................:mad:

dicudmore
12-27-2006, 11:19 PM
good--suicide by cop

SHOTKALLIN
12-28-2006, 12:17 AM
;)

WUTWZAT
12-28-2006, 04:57 AM
And to think.....
Some people think nothing good ever happens in Santa Ana!

OKIE-JET
12-28-2006, 05:15 AM
JUSTICE......served.

cc322
12-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Wow I will have to ask my neighbors, they both work for Santa Ana pd

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Damn good to hear.....saved alot of money doing it the easy way. This should give alot of people a little piece of mind knowing this POS is off the streets!

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Police Chief Anthony Batts, Deputy Chief Robert Luna, and Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster announce that Oscar Gabriel Gallegos was likely the man killed in a confrontation with Santa Ana police officers Wednesday afternoon in a parking lot on E. Warner Avenue. Gallegos is suspected of shooting Long Beach Police Officer Abe Yap and Rookie Roy Wade Jr. on Friday. (Stephen Carr / Press-Telegram)Articles on this topic
Hunt for shooter shows no breakCops' shooter in hidingManhuntSearch for gunman continuesOfficers' condition unchanged; suspect's vehicle locatedLONG BEACH - After exchanging several rounds of gunshots, Santa Ana police officers on Wednesday shot and killed the man they suspected of shooting and critically wounding two Long Beach police officers.
Police officials say they believe the man is Oscar Gabriel Gallegos, 33, but his identity cannot be officially confirmed until after a coroner's inspection this morning.
"We do believe it's him based on the information we have, but it's not 100 percent," said Victor Standke, a spokesman for the Santa Ana Police Department.
The fatal shooting occurred when three SAPD officers followed the man believed to be Gallegos into a strip mall at 216 E. Warner Ave. LBPD officers, who were conducting surveillance of the suspect,
A candlelight vigil is held next to the Police Department Wedesday in support of the wounded officers, who remain hospitalized at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. (Stephen Carr / Press-Telegram)had called SAPD for help, Standke said.
After the suspect and an unidentified male driver exited a silver Toyota Camry, the suspect opened fire on the officers, who fired back. Officials said they don't know how long the gunfire lasted, but Standke described the incident, which began at 5:10 p.m., as a fluid one that didn't involve a standoff.
Paramedics pronounced Gallegos dead on the scene, and no one else was killed or injured. Police have detained the driver for questioning.
The Long Beach and Santa Ana police departments are working together, along with the Orange County district attorney's office, in their investigation into the shooting and identification of the suspect.
The unexpected news came about an hour after Long Beach police and city officials held a press conference to announce a $75,000 reward for the capture and conviction of Gallegos.
Long Beach Police Chief Anthony Batts said Gallegos was the only suspect in the case and that he was armed and very dangerous. Gallegos, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was deported at least three times, the last one occurring in 1996, according to immigration officials.
Described by police as a "known local thug," his criminal record includes arrests and convictions for a firearms violation, selling or transporting narcotics, among others.
During a special meeting earlier Wednesday, the City Council unanimously approved a city contribution of $25,000 to the reward fund.
The Downtown Long Beach Associates had also committed $25,000, according to Councilwoman Suja Lowenthal, who, along with Mayor Bob Foster and Councilman Gary DeLong, helped raise the money. Private donors also made large contributions.
Although the city no longer needs the reward, Lowenthal said her donors agreed to give all of the money to the Police Officers Association's Widow and Orphan Fund to help the families of the injured officers.
Police officials had been searching for Gallegos and other potential suspects in connection with the Dec. 22 shooting of Abe Yap, 37, and Roy Wade Jr., 39. Both officers were reported to be in critical but stable condition.
At the Wednesday press conference, Chief Batts said he had visited the two officers at Memorial Medical Center in Long Beach, where he said "they are doing extremely well."
"It is a miracle," he said.
The police chief and Yap, who was shot once in the face, had a "good conversation" about Wednesday's UCLA-Florida State football game, Batts said. Yap graduated from UCLA.
Batts said Wade, who was shot four times in the chest and neck area, had "bright eyes" and "sparkles in his eyes."
Both were able to speak, and Wade was off a breathing machine, Lowenthal said.
Before announcing the latest news, the police chief addressed dozens of residents and supporters who participated in a candlelight vigil in front of the police station. He promised them that he would have good news for them at the press conference.

phebus
12-28-2006, 06:46 AM
I hope he slowly bled to death, as they waited to call the medics.

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 06:50 AM
what makes you think they even called the medics.....:D

phebus
12-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Hopefully, to pronounce him, "Deader than a beaver cap". :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-28-2006, 07:49 AM
……Long Beach Police Chief Anthony Batts said Gallegos was the only suspect in the case and that he was armed and very dangerous. Gallegos, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was deported at least three times, the last one occurring in 1996, according to immigration officials.
Described by police as a "known local thug," his criminal record includes arrests and convictions for a firearms violation, selling or transporting narcotics, among others.
So......Why couldn't we do more about it before the officers were shot.....
Knowing he was a "local thug" and a "3 time deported illegal immigrant".....
CJG
:idea:

RitcheyRch
12-28-2006, 08:02 AM
One less scum bag on the planet. Glad to hear that they finally caught him.

TCHB
12-28-2006, 08:23 AM
How can a guy like this continue to stay here and not be jail.
Great news this morning!!!!!!!!

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
How can a guy like this continue to stay here and not be jail.
Great news this morning!!!!!!!!
We wouldnt want to put him in our jails and support him....so they deported his ass and couldnt keep him there. Something needs to be done about the borders...but I dont see it happening until were over ran.

CBadDad
12-28-2006, 08:47 AM
One time the LEO's won't comlain about FD standing back.
Because it said so in the article you posted.

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 09:00 AM
One time the LEO's won't comlain about FD standing back.
Because it said so in the article you posted.
It didnt say who....just said they pronounced him dead...who knows how long it took them to get there.:D

Moneypitt
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
A prime example of why we need to seal our borders. This assclown had been deported 3 times and was still able to get back in and continue his life of crime. Guess what, he aint sneaking in again!! It would seem the officers that were shot by this scumbag should have a lawsuit against the Federal Government for not enforcing immigration laws, which lead directly to their injuries.........Wishing the officers a speedy recovery.........MP

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
A prime example of why we need to seal our borders. This assclown had been deported 3 times and was still able to get back in and continue his life of crime. Guess what, he aint sneaking in again!! It would seem the officers that were shot by this scumbag should have a lawsuit against the Federal Government for not enforcing immigration laws, which lead directly to their injuries.........Wishing the officers a speedy recovery.........MP
Thats a good idea....im sure if more people who were involved in incidents, accidents etc caused by illegals stepped up against the Federal Govt. filing lawsuits it would be all over the news....hopefully it was make them step up and start doing something. I wonder how that lawsuit would go....

TCHB
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
If we do not hire them they will not come!!!!!!!!
Building a fence will not work. Think about it if you walked from Indio to Parker and then a 12 ft high fence. You would go right over it and then a job is waiting for you. The fence is the easy part.

CBadDad
12-28-2006, 09:19 AM
you NOTALENT
Police Chief Anthony Batts, Deputy Chief Robert Luna, and Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster announce that Oscar Gabriel Gallegos was likely the man killed in a confrontation with Santa Ana police officers Wednesday afternoon in a parking lot on E. Warner Avenue. Gallegos is suspected of shooting Long Beach Police Officer Abe Yap and Rookie Roy Wade Jr. on Friday. (Stephen Carr / Press-Telegram)Articles on this topic
Hunt for shooter shows no breakCops' shooter in hidingManhuntSearch for gunman continuesOfficers' condition unchanged; suspect's vehicle locatedLONG BEACH - After exchanging several rounds of gunshots, Santa Ana police officers on Wednesday shot and killed the man they suspected of shooting and critically wounding two Long Beach police officers.
Police officials say they believe the man is Oscar Gabriel Gallegos, 33, but his identity cannot be officially confirmed until after a coroner's inspection this morning.
"We do believe it's him based on the information we have, but it's not 100 percent," said Victor Standke, a spokesman for the Santa Ana Police Department.
The fatal shooting occurred when three SAPD officers followed the man believed to be Gallegos into a strip mall at 216 E. Warner Ave. LBPD officers, who were conducting surveillance of the suspect,
A candlelight vigil is held next to the Police Department Wedesday in support of the wounded officers, who remain hospitalized at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. (Stephen Carr / Press-Telegram)had called SAPD for help, Standke said.
After the suspect and an unidentified male driver exited a silver Toyota Camry, the suspect opened fire on the officers, who fired back. Officials said they don't know how long the gunfire lasted, but Standke described the incident, which began at 5:10 p.m., as a fluid one that didn't involve a standoff.
Paramedics pronounced Gallegos dead on the scene, and no one else was killed or injured. Police have detained the driver for questioning.
The Long Beach and Santa Ana police departments are working together, along with the Orange County district attorney's office, in their investigation into the shooting and identification of the suspect.
The unexpected news came about an hour after Long Beach police and city officials held a press conference to announce a $75,000 reward for the capture and conviction of Gallegos.
Long Beach Police Chief Anthony Batts said Gallegos was the only suspect in the case and that he was armed and very dangerous. Gallegos, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was deported at least three times, the last one occurring in 1996, according to immigration officials.
During a special meeting earlier Wednesday, the City Council unanimously approved a city contribution of $25,000 to the reward fund.
The Downtown Long Beach Associates had also committed $25,000, according to Councilwoman Suja Lowenthal, who, along with Mayor Bob Foster and Councilman Gary DeLong, helped raise the money. Private donors also made large contributions.
Although the city no longer needs the reward, Lowenthal said her donors agreed to give all of the money to the Police Officers Association's Widow and Orphan Fund to help the families of the injured officers.
Police officials had been searching for Gallegos and other potential suspects in connection with the Dec. 22 shooting of Abe Yap, 37, and Roy Wade Jr., 39. Both officers were reported to be in critical but stable condition.
At the Wednesday press conference, Chief Batts said he had visited the two officers at Memorial Medical Center in Long Beach, where he said "they are doing extremely well."
"It is a miracle," he said.
The police chief and Yap, who was shot once in the face, had a "good conversation" about Wednesday's UCLA-Florida State football game, Batts said. Yap graduated from UCLA.
Batts said Wade, who was shot four times in the chest and neck area, had "bright eyes" and "sparkles in his eyes."
Both were able to speak, and Wade was off a breathing machine, Lowenthal said.
Before announcing the latest news, the police chief addressed dozens of residents and supporters who participated in a candlelight vigil in front of the police station. He promised them that he would have good news for them at the press conference.

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 09:23 AM
you NOTALENT
Let me try again....it didnt say WHO called the paramedics or when....;) Im sure they didnt want to save the guy. At least I wouldnt have.

CBadDad
12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm sure the cops called for the medics. They have to. There's a little conflict of interest and too much litigation for them to pronounce the patient dead on scene.
We're all on the same team and we work well together usually, if you know what I mean.

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm sure the cops called for the medics. They have to. There's a little conflict of interest and too much litigation for them to pronounce the patient dead on scene.
We're all on the same team and we work well together usually, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, im sure they did. Im just glad about the outcome. Especially since Im trying to get into that dept and I have 2 friends who graduated with that guy.

CBadDad
12-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Me too, I didn't mean to get off topic.
Burn in hell scumbag!

catman-do
12-28-2006, 10:11 AM
may his ass rot in hell! :devil:

Brady Bunch
12-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Something needs to be done about the borders...but I dont see it happening until were over ran.
Look around.....I think we have already been overrun!:mad:
Glad to see this piece of schit has been delt with! Glad to hear the officers are doing well!

ratso
12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
It's nice to hear a story like this... Glad they killed this POS...

Rexone
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
...but I dont see it happening until were over ran.
Dood where have you been hiding? ;)

Schiada76
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM
……Long Beach Police Chief Anthony Batts said Gallegos was the only suspect in the case and that he was armed and very dangerous. Gallegos, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was deported at least three times, the last one occurring in 1996, according to immigration officials.
So......Why couldn't we do more about it before the officers were shot.....
Knowing he was a "local thug" and a "3 time deported illegal immigrant".....
CJG
:idea:
Hey watch it you racist! Deys joosts coomes heres to work!
Put a bounty on the bastards, the lot of them.

YeLLowBoaT
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I hope they started shooting him in the feet and worker thier way up to the gut and let him bleed to death.

Southwest47
12-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I can't wait till Tuesday when John and Ken return from vacation. It should be quite interesting, considering this POS was an illegal.:mad: Oh...sorry liberals, Undocumented.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, he wasn't parked under a bus, but I can work with it. :D
Glad they got the POS, yes, 3-times deported ILLEGAL alien .... something needs to be done.:devil: