PDA

View Full Version : Chevy/Sirius

Waist Deep
12-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I'm looking to put Sirius in the Chevy p/u, but I want a clean look without the antenna wires coming out of the window. Any suggestions to what will look clean? Maybe a new head unit?

Jetaholic
12-28-2006, 05:18 AM
Sirius compatible head unit and receiver...should be able to mount the receiver behind the head unit.
As for the antenna, you can run that through the dash and underneath the moulding on the angle support (right behind the windshield on the driver side). Then behind the weather stripping in the doorway, and finally along the windshield seal.

Sleek-Jet
12-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Depending on what year of truck you have, Sirrus makes a reciever that compatible with the GM head unit. It mounts in the same spot as the XM radio, but it's a bitch to get the XM out. Pull the glove box down and you'll see the XM radio. The Sirius unit comes with the harness to adapt it to the GM wires, it's a plug and play deal, no splicing needed.
I've heard that you can also run the antenna lead through the 3rd brake light, then under the headliner and down the piller to the receiver.

bocco
12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Also you can hide the antenna under the plastic windshield wiper cowling. It will work fine as long as it sits on metal.

wolfie
12-28-2006, 05:42 PM
A good shop can run the antenna under the headliner an put it in the middle of the roof with no wires showing. That's how it is in our Magnum. It has a small antenna on the roof towards the rear, no wires showing.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3716magnum_antenna.JPG
You can see it on top just above the rear door on the roof. The headunit is set up for sirius. That's the best way.
I've got an RF unit in my truck. The sound is much clearer on the Magnum.

imbndvs
12-28-2006, 05:46 PM
go to the website logjamelectronics.com
Depending on what stereo you have they may have a way to convert your existing stereo to accept sirius.