PDA

View Full Version : Need Reefer

Arkansas
12-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Fridge repair man says $600 to fix my current unit due to a freon leak. That being the case, its not worth fixing. Pretty sure I want a side by side.
$1000-1500ish range. Consumer Reports is pretty "high" on Samsung brand. Having had good luck with a Samsung rear projection TV, I'm not afraid to give them a try. Anyone purchased a new reefer lately that you would recommend? Anyone go with freezer on bottom and love or hate it?
Thanks for your help.

dumbandyoung
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Fridge repair man says $600 to fix my current unit due to a freon leak. That being the case, its not worth fixing. Pretty sure I want a side by side.
$1000-1500ish range. Consumer Reports is pretty "high" on Samsung brand. Having had good luck with a Samsung rear projection TV, I'm not afraid to give them a try. Anyone purchased a new reefer lately that you would recommend? Anyone go with freezer on bottom and love or hate it?
Thanks for your help.
i purchased some good reefer last night.

Jbb
12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Dave's not here............man....:D

voodoomedman
12-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your help.
Samsung's Korean and has been in Europe for years. My bro has one and it is nice. Also is the only one on the market that has seperate cooling system for fridge and freezer rather than just venting the cold air from the freezer to the fridge. You can't really go wrong with Whirlpool or a Whirlpool product like Kenmore, Roper and the likes. When it comes to the freezer on the bottom ones then the fridge is really cool but it kinda sucks just throwing all your frozen stuff down into a drawer so that is the big tradeoff.

scarabrick2
12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Got a stainless steel non marking(finger prints)refrigerator @costco. Samsung and it works great. I had 2 put a door closer kit (5 bucks) in it at the 2 yr mark but all is well

YeLLowBoaT
12-29-2006, 07:43 AM
We had a whirlepool for about 17 years now... never had a prob with it, its been thru 3 moves.

lucky
12-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Givi'n your location , i say just go to your Neibors front yard and pick out a New one -- then leave yours next to the shed and make a smoker out of it :)

Hardly Satisfied
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
i purchased some good reefer last night.
What , not going to share with all of us

25dic
12-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Look into the LG models, very happy with ours, havn't had it long enogh for longevity comment though. One point make sure the Ice dispenser on the door can handle a big cup.

Nord
12-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Best buy has a stainless with a t.v built into it. It is very nice. I don't know what you do when the t.v. goes out though????

BUSHWACKER
12-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Consumer Reports says blah blah
Columbia Reports their's is the best. :D

Wheeler
12-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Look into the LG models, very happy with ours, havn't had it long enogh for longevity comment though. One point make sure the Ice dispenser on the door can handle a big cup.
My LG fridge worked so well, I bought a LG tractor for the ranch.