PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Tahoe Owners

RUSHIN ROULETTE
12-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Question, has anyone ever had a problem with the little speaker/mic above the driver seat in the headliner? Mine has been making a humming noise for several months now. I tried pulling the fuse for the Onstar but did not help. Sounds like a short or bad ground. You can hear it pretty good when the radio is off and it seems to go away slightly when I turn corners..lol..
Anyways just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?

rude235
12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
my wife has a 2000 that i noticed has a whine like you described. i'm curious too, to see if there is a fix.........

JAY4SPEED
12-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Do you mean the perforation in the headliner just above and behind the driver's head? If so thats not a speaker nor a microphone. Thats the ambient air temp sensor if you have auto climate control. It does the same thing as the thermostat in your house a/c. What happens is they punch the holes out in the foam backing material in the headliner and install that sensor. It does have a very very small fan in it and it picks up the crumbs of foam from the headliner and starts to make nosie after a while. You'll have to pull down the headliner partially and removed it from between the headliner and roof panel and replace it. I don't think you could ever get all the little pieces of foam out of that sensor to clean it, just easier to replace it.
Jay

rude235
12-28-2006, 06:04 PM
or just turn up the stereo:D
thanx for the input!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
01-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, never would have guessed that one. Turning up the stereo works for now. Thanks