PDA

View Full Version : Giants pick up Barry Zitto.

HCS
12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
For big bucks!!!!
About time the Giants go for pitching.
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=sf

HCS
12-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Ya...that is totally ridiculous. You got to wander where they get that kind of doe.
Freaking crazy.

HavasuSelect
12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
It's a good pick up for them. I just don't think that's enough for that team to make any sort of run. They're just too old. 1 pitcher can't make up for the rest of that roster.

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 09:04 PM
As a Giants fan here I am happy about it :)

HavasuSelect
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
As a Giants fan here I am happy about it :)
You'd better enjoy it while it lasts. It's probably the only time you'll be happy this upcoming season:D

JetBoatRich
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
He will improve the team:D Not a Giant fan, but like the rivalry between them and the Dodgers:devil:

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
You'd better enjoy it while it lasts. It's probably the only time you'll be happy this upcoming season:D
It could be a very long season for Giants fans :(
I would have preferred them to keep Scmidt but he is a Dodger now :( Oh well, I guess he grew up in S CA and always wanted to play for them.
Bonds....He should be in the AL. I could care less about his records but the Giants need the draw at the gate. He will cost them more than a few games out in te field.

HavasuSelect
12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
It could be a very long season for Giants fans :(
I would have preferred them to keep Scmidt but he is a Dodger now :( Oh well, I guess he grew up in S CA and always wanted to play for them.
Bonds....He should be in the AL. I could care less about his records but the Giants need the draw at the gate. He will cost them more than a few games out in te field.
You're absolutley right, Bonds belongs in the AL. Has he signed anywhere yet?
There are still a lot of holes in Giant lineup (Closer, bullpen, rotation is still unproven, very little power).

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 11:03 PM
You're absolutley right, Bonds belongs in the AL. Has he signed anywhere yet?
There are still a lot of holes in Giant lineup (Closer, bullpen, rotation is still unproven, very little power).
Bonds resigned with the Giants

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 11:21 PM
look at who's under this rock that got turned over ... :devil: giant talk .... ?? they did get lo-cal skipper bochey and rbv alumni (vista) dave roberts :rolleyes: that should pump them up :jawdrop:
Ya, the rock got turned over.
Read the thread/news on the Parker murder :(

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't see the Gints doing much this year. They will of course be big draw on the road with Bonds and all. Who knows, maybe the coach will bring it all together. I hope so................
My ex made a DVD of my grandson all decked out in Giants gear. He was throwing off the mound and so forth. He is 14 months old. I sent it out to friends and they said it is child abuse with him dressed in Giants gear....lol

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
send it to me "dusty" ... :eek: :rolleyes: ;) d
PM me your em Keyes and I will send it on. It is actually a slide show so I can't post it here....You will get a kick out of it and I am sure call CPS ASAP :)

HavasuSelect
12-29-2006, 06:52 AM
I don't see the Gints doing much this year. They will of course be big draw on the road with Bonds and all. Who knows, maybe the coach will bring it all together. I hope so................
My ex made a DVD of my grandson all decked out in Giants gear. He was throwing off the mound and so forth. He is 14 months old. I sent it out to friends and they said it is child abuse with him dressed in Giants gear....lol
LOL, too funny.
Bonds resigned with the Giants
I thought so. I was looking at MLB.com yesterday and they didn't show him in the Giants depth chart or on the roster.

HavasuSelect
12-29-2006, 11:53 AM
While one NL executive, whose team is searching for pitching but was not among the Zito suitors, took a long look at the seven-year, $126 million Zito contract and muttered, "Sickening," it's maybe not worth all that.
If the Giants choose to allocate more than a third of their payroll to a pitcher who plays every fifth day and a player who plays some of the time, then they clearly view this as the cost of doing business in the commissioner's golden era, and not nearly as sickening as finishing 11½ games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers and losing momentum on their new ballpark.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-reset122806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

NoCal NoBoat
12-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I think the Giants (Sabean & Magowan) had to make it happen.
They're getting drilled in the local press for:
Promising youth back in September, then putting together a roster that's a little long in baseball years. They did, however, get considerably younger in the managerial position.
A less-than exciting performance at the winter games.
Despite the ESPN/Jerry Maguire stroll thru the Disney Dolphin, media types don't believe there was any serous competition for FA Bonds' services. Bidding against themselves, the Giants still managed to seriously overpay him, but salved the bruises with "only one year" and "incentive-laden" contract talk.
PacBell, SBC, AT&T Park is no longer an automatic sellout.
For 7 years/126 million, Zito will be expected to be the man, but he'll put a lot of butts in seats that might have otherwise stayed home.
And frankly, I think a lot of people hope that he'll be more accessible and fan-friendly than the resident left-fielder. Bonds' love (not) for the local media, and their love for him (not) is well-documented.