PDA

View Full Version : pump swap cost?

bulldawg art
12-29-2006, 01:15 PM
What is a ball park figure swapping from a jacuzzi wj to a berk pump not including the cost of the pump?
thanks folks

RIVERTIME247
12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
call tom at jetboatperformance..he has a kit that will save you some bones!
JETBOATPERFORMANCE.COM
look at parts and pull jacuzzi energizer kits
tell him scott sent you

holorinhal
12-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Are You talking swaping pump for pump?
If You are ,there's not much cost involved for the physical swap,provided that You are doing the work Your self.It is Just mostly alot of labor..
I did the same swap ,in My Kona,From a jaccuzi 12Wj to a Berkly 12jc.The intake hole for the 12wj is slightly larger than the Berk,width wize ,by a 1/2 inch and shorter than the Berk by about an 1 1/2 inches.
The length gives You some room to play with,if You are putting it back in the stock position(no setback),just need to cut out a little longer front or back depending on fit of transome adapter.However the width was a problem for Me as I had a solid 1/4 inch gap on both sides of the intake.Some peeps said that it should'nt be a problem as it will be filled with epoxy.I on the other hand,wanted a much tighter fit.Also I was doing a set back, so I had to cut out the length of the hole Quite a bit more than the 1 1/2 inches ,that it is short.That left a hole that had to be filled in the front.Some people use the piece cut from the rear to add to the front and some use an aluminum plate,to fill the hole.I did not want that,so I glassed in the entire hole with fiberglass, using a laminating schedule as close to the hulls original lamination,using mat, woven roven and laminating resin.Then I recut the hole to the size of the berkley intake and the desired amount of set back.What I ended up with was a nice tight fit of intake and hole and a solid one piece hole in the hull ,instead of a patch at the front of the hole.
It was a bit more work but I feel it was worth it.
I allready had the materials but if I had to guess I would say not including the pump(as I allready had both pumps) it cost me less than 200 dollars in fiberglass,resin and the epoxy that I had to purchase from Rex marine.Hope this helps...Hal

bulldawg art
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I just get caught up in the jacuzzi vs berkeley posts. I have a couple options to go with. I have a blueprinted wj in the boat now, another complete wj with the energizer kit installed, and just bought a new but dusty complete berk 12jg on ebay for a good pice. I think with the deal that I got on the berk pump makes the total cost of the swap a bit easier on the pocket. I guess if I do the swap to the berk and decide to sell my boat, the berk will be more appealing to buyers.

BrendellaJet
12-30-2006, 01:39 PM
swap the energizer kit into the boat and see how it runs compared to the mod'd wj. Id be interested to see how they compare.

DUECE'SDAD
12-31-2006, 07:12 AM
cost me about 50 bucks for seagoin' epoxy
$75 for intake
$400 for split bowl berk
and looks like $385 for rebuild kit and impeller
Not a hard job, measure from bottom and set at 4* down