PDA

View Full Version : PinBall Machines

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I am thinking of buying one for the BH house. I looked at a brand new limited edition Harley one today. It is the third edition and they are NOT supposed to be making anymore. It is on sale for just under $5K and I searched it on the internet and the price seems to be good. It is the last one at this store and there are very little available nationwide. I am a bit surprised at the cost for one but it is reasonable compared to others.
Anybody have any input on this?

phebus
12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
You'd better act fast, there is another person named Dilligaf in another thread looking to buy the same OinBall machine. :D

jtmarten
12-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I used to refurbish (shop) and resell pins. Under $5k for brand new is a great price. If its like the other Harley machines I've seen, don't expect much as far as pinball play or special features, you're only buying the name.

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I used to refurbish (shop) and resell pins. Under $5k for brand new is a great price. If its like the other Harley machines I've seen, don't expect much as far as pinball play or special features, you're only buying the name.
I played a ball or two on it and it seemed like fun. What special features would you be talking about?

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
You'd better act fast, there is another person named Dilligaf in another thread looking to buy the same OinBall machine. :D
That ****ing DILLIGAF guy :mad: He is going to drive up the price on me
I saw where I mispelled the title and of course I can't delete the thread so I started another one.

GHT
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
The only reason you want to buy one is because your friend told you he was buying one first.....:hammer2: :hammer2:
J/K There is a place that has all kinds of games here in vegas pinball and video. PM me if you want info.
;)

HCS
12-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I like the Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean. There both great games.

98 Vector 21
12-29-2006, 02:13 PM
PM todd969 I belive he has a contact.....

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I like the Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean. There both great games.
The new Pirates was about the same price. The Harley one kind of goes with my friends and attitude, I guess....lol

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
PM todd969 I belive he has a contact.....
Thanks and I will....

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
The only reason you want to buy one is because your friend told you he was buying one first.....:hammer2: :hammer2:
J/K There is a place that has all kinds of games here in vegas pinball and video. PM me if you want info.
;)
LOL....I spent many hours as a kid wasting away playing pinball and always wanted one.
I searched all over the internet and the price looks pretty good. I don't have to pay taxes either as it will be considered an out of state purchase. Plus no delivery as I can put it in the back of my truck and take it out myself
Thanks for the offer GHT

GHT
12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Anytime..... Just trying to help my friends stay ahead of their friends..:D

BajaMike
12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
How about a slot machine Tom.......make a little money off the guests at the ranch......:D
:idea:

HCS
12-29-2006, 02:28 PM
How about a slot machine Tom.......make a little money off the guests at the ranch......:D
Great idea. Put in 4 or 5 of them. :D

nodigg
12-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Where can I buy a better one than Dilligaf is getting? :D
Hey, I always thought you spent your days and nights playing fooseball? sp?
At least that's what you used to tell me when I call from prison on the holidays.
DO NOT CHALLENGE THIS GUY TO A FOOSEBALL GAME!:sqeyes:

Oldsquirt
12-29-2006, 03:15 PM
That ****ing DILLIGAF guy :mad: He is going to drive up the price on me
I saw where I mispelled the title and of course I can't delete the thread so I started another one.
I would think that with 20 gazillion posts(although most have been deleted) you would know by now that as the thread starter you can edit the title to correct your spelling mistakes....:)

Her454
12-29-2006, 03:24 PM
I would think that with 20 gazillion posts(although most have been deleted) you would know by now that as the thread starter you can edit the title to correct your spelling mistakes....:)
ZING..... out of left field. Craig, did that hurt when you fell out of the wrong side of the bed today?
:)

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Nope...you can't do it. At least I can't.....

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Where can I buy a better one than Dilligaf is getting? :D
Hey, I always thought you spent your days and nights playing fooseball? sp?
At least that's what you used to tell me when I call from prison on the holidays.
DO NOT CHALLENGE THIS GUY TO A FOOSEBALL GAME!:sqeyes:
LOL...Foosball is another game I spent too much time on :)

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
I saw a decent Black Jack table and thought...Hmmmmmmmm

CA Stu
12-29-2006, 03:33 PM
http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

Todd969
12-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey Tom, here's my input. We've had an extensive list of arcade machines at home for 15+ years. Pinballs are my favorite. Right now I only have 1 due to space, but have had upto 10 at one time. One thing you need to keep in mind is upkeep, ie waxing the table, checking rubbers, general cleaning. I suggest you contact Kent Tieche @ The Game Doc 818-504-0440, he's in San Fernando. I've been buying from him for over 10 yrs. If you choose to call him, please let him know you are a friend of Todd in Havasu.
Here's my current machine.... 2005 Stern NASCAR with a back glass that was only run for 100 machines.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0959.JPG

Todd969
12-29-2006, 04:44 PM
;)
If you are talking about Mountain Coin...... I wouldn't, but that is just my opinion. Bad after sale experience:(

Oldsquirt
12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Nope...you can't do it. At least I can't.....
I tried it before I posted it. You can. Go to first post and click "edit". Then click "go advanced" in the window that opens. You edit title line there. Try it. :)

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 07:07 PM
I tried it before I posted it. You can. Go to first post and click "edit". Then click "go advanced" in the window that opens. You edit title line there. Try it. :)
Never went to advanced and will try it out. Thanks

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey Tom, here's my input. We've had an extensive list of arcade machines at home for 15+ years. Pinballs are my favorite. Right now I only have 1 due to space, but have had upto 10 at one time. One thing you need to keep in mind is upkeep, ie waxing the table, checking rubbers, general cleaning. I suggest you contact Kent Tieche @ The Game Doc 818-504-0440, he's in San Fernando. I've been buying from him for over 10 yrs. If you choose to call him, please let him know you are a friend of Todd in Havasu.
Here's my current machine.... 2005 Stern NASCAR with a back glass that was only run for 100 machines.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0959.JPG
Thanks Todd. I will call him tomorrow. The guy at this place said that in a house use situation it would probably dictate very little upkeep due to less play thean in a bar or arcade. Said 10 years should be expected without a lot of maint. He did say that lights burn out but showed me how to change them and would provide lots of extra bulbs.

al cole'holic
12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
..that kind of scratch could buy a couple of really nice real slot machines refub'd, and being in AZ there are no worries with shipping a real money machine :D

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 07:27 PM
..that kind of scratch could buy a couple of really nice real slot machines refub'd, and being in AZ there are no worries with shipping a real money machine :D
I know but I enjoy the pinball machines. My son said the same thing. As a matter of fact he bought a damn slot machine last night.
What is the law in CA concerning slot machines in a residence?

TRUMP TIGHT
12-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I paid $200 for my slot and all it needs is 2 bulbs.;)

DILLIGAF
12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I paid $200 for my slot and all it needs is 2 bulbs.;)
Don't forget the one way ticket that is included...:)

al cole'holic
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
I know but I enjoy the pinball machines. My son said the same thing. As a matter of fact he bought a damn slot machine last night.
What is the law in CA concerning slot machines in a residence?
I think it has to be 25 years old..but the hell with law right :D I will be putting a few nice real money dealios in my pad....shiat, Thursday night poker is illegal too right...

Todd969
12-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks Todd. I will call him tomorrow. The guy at this place said that in a house use situation it would probably dictate very little upkeep due to less play thean in a bar or arcade. Said 10 years should be expected without a lot of maint. He did say that lights burn out but showed me how to change them and would provide lots of extra bulbs.
I can't agree with your seller. A machine is a machine and will require 2-4 waxings a year ( depending on use ) and overall inspections to keep it working properly. Flipper solinoids <sp>, rubbers, lights and bumpers get checked after every 100 plays. I found that canned air works great when cleaning the table. Best of luck in your purchase:D