PDA

View Full Version : Havasu job opeining

nodigg
12-29-2006, 02:47 PM
I was talking to Bill yesterday and he is having a hard time filling a spot at his shop in Havi. Anybody wanna move to Havi to work in a diesel repair shop/parts store/moving rental business?? Call Bill's truck repair if you are qualified and interested.

GHT
12-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Another Thread???
Please stand back from the keyboard.... I'm suprised you can see from all the smoke probably rollin' off your keyboard.
:D

djunkie
12-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Just curious, but what would they be willing to pay a tech/mechanic with 10 years experience in heavy truck?

GHT
12-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Just curious, but what would they be willing to pay a tech/mechanic with 10 years experience in heavy truck?
In Havasu???? Probably not even close to what your already making...
But then again I would take a significant pay cut for the opertunity to move to Havasu..:)

djunkie
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
In Havasu???? Probably not even close to what your already making...
But then again I would take a significant pay cut for the opertunity to move to Havasu..:)
The only way I am giving up my job is if they get rid of the harbor and thats not happening anytime soon. Just curious what a skilled diesel tech would make out there.

nodigg
12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
I know he turned down a guy who wanted to move in from Vegas. He wanted 100k, and moving expenses though.

djunkie
12-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I know he turned down a guy who wanted to move in from Vegas. He wanted 100k, and moving expenses though.
I'm sure $100k/year, a 401k, full benefits, and a pension would be too much to ask then? :D :D

nodigg
12-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Only too much if one actually wanted the job.

jbtrailerjim
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I can't blame him for turning that guy down. My good friend who is a tech at Las Vegas Freightliner does not make anywhere near that. I've never heard of any diesel tech who makes a 100k a year.

nodigg
12-29-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure what he is looking for but he is in need of help in all areas. He is the go to man for parts in Havi.

djunkie
12-29-2006, 03:29 PM
I can't blame him for turning that guy down. My good friend who is a tech at Las Vegas Freightliner does not make anywhere near that. I've never heard of any diesel tech who makes a 100k a year.
I can name quite a few. :D :D

jbtrailerjim
12-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I can name quite a few. :D :D
Maybe some of your union buddies down in the harbor but I don't of any knocking down that kind of dough at the dealerships up here in Fontana. I do a lot of business with Yellow and Roadway and none of there techs make that kind of money.

djunkie
12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Maybe some of your union buddies down in the harbor but I don't of any knocking down that kind of dough at the dealerships up here in Fontana. I do a lot of business with Yellow and Roadway and none of there techs make that kind of money.
A guy I used to work with is with roadway now and I know hes not making that kind of money. I had a job offer once from the Freightliner dealer out here where I would have come close to that kind of money but I would have killed it in flat rate. There are others that pay very well but requires that "know somebody" deal to get hired.

James'SS-24
12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I make 100k here in Phoenix at a dealer working flatrate. If I could get close to that in Havasu I'd be there in a heartbeat! :D Phoenix traffic sucks!

jbtrailerjim
12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
A guy I used to work with is with roadway now and I know hes not making that kind of money. I had a job offer once from the Freightliner dealer out here where I would have come close to that kind of money but I would have killed it in flat rate. There are others that pay very well but requires that "know somebody" deal to get hired.
I'd say it might be possible to make that out here at a dealer but you would have to work your ass off and put in a lot of hours.
I just don't see any truck repair shop in Havasu being busy enough and able to afford to pay a tech that kind of money.

djunkie
12-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I just don't see any truck repair shop in Havasu being busy enough and able to afford to pay a tech that kind of money.
Ya I'm sure of that. I was merely joking about it to Nodigg.