PDA

View Full Version : Were to ride Dirt Bikes between Corona and San Diego??

WetWillie
12-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Got a new XR650 and want to ride this weekend. I went to Plaster City last week but would like to meet a friend thats in Corona. Is there any good open areas for us to ride. Its been a while since I have had a bike.
Thanks,
looking to ride single track and fire roads. I cant do tracks I may kill myself.:jawdrop:

Phat Daddy
12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Got a new XR650 and want to ride this weekend. I went to Plaster City last week but would like to meet a friend thats in Corona. Is there any good open areas for us to ride. Its been a while since I have had a bike.
Thanks,
looking to ride single track and fire roads. I cant do tracks I may kill myself.:jawdrop:
I ride in my back yard, the Cleveland National Forest. I take my Rhino up there almost once a week. Cole Trickle, Ivan Dan and myself have made group Rhino rides up there also. There are fire roads forever but remember, it is the National Forest:rolleyes: . I have been riding up there for over 12 years now and still haven't got popped but you never know. PM me if you want the details.

lilrick
12-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Ocotillo wells!!

cc322
12-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Ocotillo wells!!
Yep that place is fun

Nordic35Flame
12-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I ride up in the Clevland National Forest all time, I live at main and upper in Corona so I just hit the top of main street and you can go over and down into orange county over by the 241 toll road, or you can ride all the way to Ortega hwy. in Elsinore.

HM
12-30-2006, 11:35 AM
There is a legal riding spot in the Cleveland national forest. You can take the road at the top of the Ortega Highway and go south on it - you will see the signs for the area - and it is day use only. You have to have an approved spark arrestor, but green sticker is legal. You can also get there from La Cresta (West Murrieta) and is the fastest way to get there, but even with a map, it is hard to find. The rest of the Cleveland Forrest has a ton of fire roads, but it is technically illegal to ride with a green sticker. Also, if you park in the Forrest, you better have an Adventure Pass as Mr. Ranger will ticket you.
You can also ride on the BLM land in Perris - but that place sucks because there is a TON of trash - and I mean trash both litterally and the people. I see alot of other areas where people ride, but I don't think most are legal. The cops usually don't do anything until they get complaints from the land owner.

HM
12-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I ride up in the Clevland National Forest all time, I live at main and upper in Corona so I just hit the top of main street and you can go over and down into orange county over by the 241 toll road, or you can ride all the way to Ortega hwy. in Elsinore.
I used to ride there all the time when I lived in Horsethief Canyon. You can go all the way to Silverado Canyon in O.C. if you like. But, that is definitely not legal with a green sticker - needs to be street legal.

Phat Daddy
12-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey Neighbor!!! I'm off of Foothill and Lincoln. I love taking the Rhino up in the Cleveland (especially after a good rain) whenever I get a chance. Let me know when your going up and I'll get Cole Trickle and Ivan Dan to bring their Rhinos too.

Phat Daddy
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
There is a legal riding spot in the Cleveland national forest. You can take the road at the top of the Ortega Highway and go south on it - you will see the signs for the area - and it is day use only. You have to have an approved spark arrestor, but green sticker is legal. You can also get there from La Cresta (West Murrieta) and is the fastest way to get there, but even with a map, it is hard to find. The rest of the Cleveland Forrest has a ton of fire roads, but it is technically illegal to ride with a green sticker. Also, if you park in the Forrest, you better have an Adventure Pass as Mr. Ranger will ticket you.
I've been to this place (up the Ortega) a couple times. it is pretty cool but a little small. After a couple hours, I think I hit every trail out there. It is a little tricky to find too. Either way, it's another place to ride for the day.