PDA

View Full Version : Viking or Decor

cola
12-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Which one would be best. Looking for 36" free-standing, sealed burners. Gas or dual fuel. Help. Dacor
Mike

Mandelon
12-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Both are good and neither are cheap. Look into also DCS. I think Viking has a better rep. Could just be all fluff and hot air though, you know...like DCB's. :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I would not get a viking... I installed 2 in remodels I have done in the the last 5 years( both by myself and working for other ppl) both of them have been replaced, one was repaced tiwce.( temp sending unint... both times no matter what temp you said it was on full blast)

cola
01-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Both are good and neither are cheap. Look into also DCS. I think Viking has a better rep. Could just be all fluff and hot air though, you know...like DCB's. :D
How are the DCS stoves.

robk
01-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Look into Five Star. I have a buddy in the appliance business who swears by them over Viking and the other big names.

Mandelon
01-01-2007, 10:09 AM
A buddy of mine remodeled the owner's house and has since used and installed many of them, he thinks they are great. Personally I don't know.
Man--->cooks on a Thermador<----delon :)

XFactor
01-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I have a 48 Thermador range. It's AWESOME. I'm building another home and decided on a Wolf. Looked at everthing and it came down to Wolf or Thermador. My wife made the final decision by choosing the Sub-Zero frige. Had to go with Wolf to match.:D

Baja Big Dog
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM
If it dont come through a window I dont eat it!!!!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.dcsappliances.com/index_flash.php
DCS....Huntington Beach......
CJG
:D

Boatmaster
01-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Installed a Dacor last year in out kitchen and could not be happier. Wife loves to cook on it and I find it easy to clean!

cola
01-02-2007, 07:00 AM
http://www.dcsappliances.com/index_flash.php
DCS....Huntington Beach......
CJG
:D
Thanks, I'll look at DCS also.

TheCarDudes
01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
We did the Viking 36" range in our kitchen remodel 2 years ago. Very happy with their product line. We went with the 4 burners and the griddle in the middle. The griddle is awesome for everything from pancakes/french toast to grilled cheese sandwiches and philly cheese steak sandwiches. We also chose the Viking 48" fridge over the Sub-Zero. Our last 2 refer's were subs and thought that they were just average.
Hope that helps.

Never Satisfied
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a 48 Thermador range. It's AWESOME. I'm building another home and decided on a Wolf. Looked at everthing and it came down to Wolf or Thermador. My wife made the final decision by choosing the Sub-Zero frige. Had to go with Wolf to match.:D
We just put in a 8 burner Wolf in our new place and love it. I don't believe the burners are sealed though. We were going Dacor or Wolf and had to match the duel sub-0's also.

Mandelon
01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
we have the griddle too, at first the wife thought it was lame, but she uses it all the time. Easy to flip the pancakes on.

me4drvr
01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
I recommend DCS highly, when I had my restaurant a few years back, I had a stove and oven and they were on for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week and never had a problem... although I did do a Viking in my house with open burners and a sliding drip pan and have yet to have any problems... so IMO just depends on what you like. If you have an approved installer put the Viking in, you get am extra year warranty on it (2 years total).
Happy cooking :)

cola
01-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. Settled on the Dacor 36" 6 burner, dual fuel.
Mike

NashvilleBound
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
We have the 48" Viking and love it. I looked at the Deco and was not impressed. Things just did not fit just right. Especially the drip tray under the burners. Just felt cheap. We opted for the griddle in place of two burners...dont do it. We never use it. Its a PAIN IN THE ASS to clean.
If your going with 36" range.... make sure you go with the 48" fridge and a 48" freezer.....

BoatPI
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Most Viking products are Kitchenaid, look at the friges, almost identical. One thing about DCS they are 100% american made in Huntington Beach so parts issues are not dificult. Don't forget that if you have a high BTU gas range you will need to upgrade the venting system to a high CFM unit to move the hot air.

moneypit
01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I have DCS B-Bque... Not cheap.. easy to say they make the best stuff. Amazing what a difference a good grill does.