PDA

View Full Version : This kinda sucks....

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Having to go out in the garage and see this......
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21290&stc=1&d=1167591493
Hopefull only temporary......

Debbolas
12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
At least you can visit your baby.
Take the cover off and sit in the drivers seat while your wife aims the blow dryer at your head and you can drink a beer while you pretend you are at the lake :D

Havasu1986
12-31-2006, 11:08 AM
When are you finish painting the garage.:D

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 11:28 AM
LMAO...I know. As soon as I saw the pic I thought damnnnnn what a pig pen. We are goning to hang the drywall on the block walls this month. then trim and paint the entire place.. Upstairs is done. At least its really warm out there. I think the drywallers turned up the heat a few weeks ago when they hung the ceiling.

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 11:29 AM
At least you can visit your baby.
Take the cover off and sit in the drivers seat while your wife aims the blow dryer at your head and you can drink a beer while you pretend you are at the lake :D
THAT is an EXCELLENT idea. I will suggest it shortly. :D :D :D

phebus
12-31-2006, 11:31 AM
A Porsche sitting next to a beautifull Magic deckboat.
It sucks? :D
P.S., the days are getting longer, it won't be long :D

Moneypitt
12-31-2006, 11:34 AM
At least you can see some of your garage. All I can see is STUFF. Lots of STUFF everywhere. If I had that much extra room in my garage, or even the shop in BHC, I would be a very happy man.............Regardless of covers on toys........The garage is such a disaster I'm looking at the idea of cleaning out my closet instead. Someone at the local thrift store is gonna score bigtime.....MP
PS: Anyone in the BHC/Mohave valley area have any shop space for rent????I have a bunch of equipment, projects, engine parts, and boat related stuff and no where to store / organize/ or work.........

HocusPocus
12-31-2006, 11:45 AM
A Porsche sitting next to a beautifull Magic deckboat.
It sucks? :D
P.S., the days are getting longer, it won't be long :D
im pretty sure thats a viper. :) but either way he can always ship them off to my house so he wont have to see them. :D

Hardly Satisfied
12-31-2006, 11:48 AM
I would be happy

Hostile
12-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Nashville
I know what you mean,up here it's warm
but the roads are covered with salt&sand so
no Vipers,motorcycles or boating.On top of that no snow
so the sleds are setting also. :cry: :mad: :confused:
By the way do you post on the Viper boards?
Skeeter

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Nashville
I know what you mean,up here it's warm
but the roads are covered with salt&sand so
no Vipers,motorcycles or boating.On top of that no snow
so the sleds are setting also. :cry: :mad: :confused:
By the way do you post on the Viper boards?
Skeeter
I am a member of a few of them for info on aftermarket products or advice from senior members and such. It seems like some of them are mostly guys talking smack. If you ask a question they just give you grief....like we were supposed to be born viper knowledgable or something.

Hostile
12-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I feel about the same way,but I have an advantage
I use Tator's Dodge so it helps.There are only two
boards that have anything to offer "The Alley" and
the VCA.
Skeeter

HammerDown
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Having to go out in the garage and see this......
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21290&stc=1&d=1167591493
Hopefull only temporary......
Oh yea, I feel your pain.:rolleyes:

RiverOtter
12-31-2006, 03:52 PM
I'll trade :notam:

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I feel about the same way,but I have an advantage
I use Tator's Dodge so it helps.There are only two
boards that have anything to offer "The Alley" and
the VCA.
Skeeter
Those are the two I am registered at. VA is so so....good for searches. VCA has led to me heading to GA in Feb to race this sled. See if I can keep the shiney side up.;)
RO: If I only had a fraction of your money I would have your view too....oh wait, I do have a fraction....like 1%..oh wait...thats not a fraction lets try this 1/1000000000000000 :D :D

THEPISTONHEAD
12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
A Rough life!!! If you have a fraction of his money....that means I have 1/100000000000000000000000 of yours. Gotta love military pay. Im make crap and save people for a living and some ball player gets $8 million to run his mouth and occasionally play ball. Im not bitter though !!!!!! Nice garage. One day, oh yes, one day!!!!

Jrocket
12-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Jumpin Jack...If you judged a man by his floor jack,I'd say your close to being King Kong!

roostwear
12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Must be terrible having to keep them covered and undriven because of bad weather. Sure glad I live here and take mine out year round :D

Hostile
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Not race "drivers school".We do Limerock
in the spring great time, then Pocono
mid summer.I belong to the NY/Ct VCA
so there is always something going on.
Skeeter

Mandelon
12-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Don't hang rock on the block. Skim it instead.
Man--->moisture control<----delon

riverroyal
12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
NO way I could look at drywall tape

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Geeez, Im sorry. We just finished taping last week. I can only do so much at a time to keep things organized. Everything out...work...everything back in. Pain in the ass.....
Mandelon, still thinking about skimming it. Do you have a product you reccommend? The masons out here SUCK. Some spots will take a bit to blend. I want it FLAT. The wall is 8" solid filled, #4 16"o.c. bw. Waterproofed, 1" airspace then solid brick outside. Definitely dont want moisture problems. The whole building is climate controlled if it matters....

RiverOtter
12-31-2006, 06:55 PM
RO: If I only had a fraction of your money I would have your view too....oh wait, I do have a fraction....like 1%..oh wait...thats not a fraction lets try this 1/1000000000000000 :D :D
Oh Puhlease :notam:

NashvilleBound
12-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh Puhlease :notam:
What are you doing home on New Years?

Wheeler
12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Geeez, Im sorry. We just finished taping last week. I can only do so much at a time to keep things organized. Everything out...work...everything back in. Pain in the ass.....
Mandelon, still thinking about skimming it. Do you have a product you reccommend? The masons out here SUCK. Some spots will take a bit to blend. I want it FLAT. The wall is 8" solid filled, #4 16"o.c. bw. Waterproofed, 1" airspace then solid brick outside. Definitely dont want moisture problems. The whole building is climate controlled if it matters....
since Hamilton, no longer makes "Foam Coat" I would use an all purpose, "joint compound" good adhesion and simple to apply. If you want it flat, get the plaster crew out. Drywall is OK, but plaster is King.

RiverOtter
12-31-2006, 08:42 PM
What are you doing home on New Years?
Again I say ........................... Puhlease :notam:
Since we live in the friggin fogged in Alps nobody wanted to drive anywhere. Oh ya..... my neigherbor is a jerkov. Called us down for shooting off bottle rockets :rolleyes: .................... I so want to move back to my hippy neighborhood ;)

NashvilleBound
01-01-2007, 05:37 AM
I would have SO driven to your place with a boatload of fireworks if I knew that.

RiverOtter
01-01-2007, 05:51 AM
I would have SO driven to your place with a boatload of fireworks if I knew that.
LOL!.... and bail money too :D

NashvilleBound
01-01-2007, 06:36 AM
LOL!.... and bail money too :D
LOL...no worries on that. Its all part of the game.

Mandelon
01-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I did a big brick fireplace in my own house. It was ugly old slumpstone and lumpy as heck. But I didn't want to furr it out and drywall, so I skimmed it.
I'd start out with a thought of a modified three coat stucco. A nice sticky base coat with some latex adhesive or concrete glue rolled onto the wall as you apply. To smooth out the lumps and bumps. Any bumps that show through knock off with a chisel. Second coat same deal, then finish with a couple coats of drywall mud and it should be nice and smooth. If it is subject to moisture intrusion from the exterior make the first coat with Xypex. That shit's awesome.
You could use plaster instead of drywall mud, but mud's easy and cheaper and no batch mixing is required, and it sands easily. Shine a light on it from below or the side and the shadows will reveal the high and low spots.
Moisture moves from wet to dry, so if you run dehumidifers inside the dryness of the air inside will pull exterior moisture in through the walls. If you only monitor temperatures it should be Ok. Keep the grading outside sloped the right way and it sounds like you have a good system.

Baja Big Dog
01-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Im confused...are you in Nashville Tenn???? If so then why is the car covered up??? Its gonna be in the 60's for the next 10 days with a few days of rain.
Send that car out here along with any Harley's you may be afraid to drive and we will keep them in good shape!!!:idea: :idea:

NashvilleBound
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Im confused...are you in Nashville Tenn???? If so then why is the car covered up??? Its gonna be in the 60's for the next 10 days with a few days of rain.
Send that car out here along with any Harley's you may be afraid to drive and we will keep them in good shape!!!:idea: :idea:
LOL...Let me unconfuse you....Some things I dont drive in the rain. Or after snow till the roads clean up. Few days of rain with one clear means several days covered. but your right....middle 60's all week almost.

wsuwrhr
01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Friggin whiner