PDA

View Full Version : I've had it with my cell phone !

beerjet
12-31-2006, 07:07 PM
I know everyone elses phone is the best so I'm gonna start shopping for a new one . Whats everyone got and what service and how much are you payin . This NEXTEL has got to go !

robk
12-31-2006, 07:23 PM
I was with Verizon for almost 8 years. They have great coverage in all the places I visit (mountains, desert, except some spots in Havi, go figure) but the best part was that most CDMA phones can fall back to analog which gets you service in places that GSM can't touch. Always had great luck with their customer service -- lots of credit for even minor issues, early upgrades, etc.
When Verizon phased out their last analog-capable phone (the moto v710), I switched to Cingular earlier this year and while the coverage is OK, their claim about the least dropped calls is a joke; I drop two or three calls a day. Plus I don't get service in a lot of the mountain and desert areas that I travel to. Good city coverage, though.
Rob

YeLLowBoaT
12-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Best thing i ever did was getting rid of mine.

centerhill condor
01-01-2007, 06:30 AM
had cingular (bellsouth mobility) since '88. get a free phone every couple of years and lo and behold good service!

Hal
01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Verizon, 2 phones... 2100 mins for $110.00 a month. The only phone I could find that works in Parker where our house is. I tried most of them before I picked Verizon. We have never had a dropped call in the year we have had them.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I "threw" my Nextel in the Atlantic Ocean last week. :rolleyes:
But I have another on order. Seriously, I like it.

RitcheyRch
01-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm with Sprint and have always had good service with them.

Mandelon
01-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Sprint owns Nextel and next year they should merge them, so Nextel will get better. (I hope :mad: )

OutCole'd
01-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Nextel4U here on the boards sells both Nextel & Sprint. John has taken great care of my account. PM him and maybe Sprint is the way to go for now till they merge.

Nord
01-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Sprint owns Nextel and next year they should merge them, so Nextel will get better. (I hope :mad: )
Nextel and Sprint have already merged! No better coverage yet! Nextel sucks, but the 2-way is to nice to switch companys. I also get hooked up with my bill because my friend has been with Nextel since they began.

Baja Big Dog
01-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Verizon works everywhere and no dropped calls, burn 3000 mins plus per month, the only problem area is Park Moabi, have to use Cingular.....
Someones blowing somebody with the fewest dropped calls bull with Cingular!!!
Cingular is the best in Mexico though!!!!

Biglue
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Nextel blows beyind belief now. I was a huge fan of it, but as of the last year or so I get all sorts of grief out of my phone and service/signal.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
T-mobile here. I had coverage here all the way to cali when I picked up my new ride. Plus they use a sim card and you can get all the hot phones. Here is my latest phone. It has a 3mp camera and a mp3 player;)
http://i6.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/7e/74/4a_1_b.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Nokia-N80-silver-128mb-Unlocked-Free-S-H_W0QQitemZ250067246542QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64355QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

blown65
01-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Our shop was all Nextel (dunno, like 15 phones) Total crap. Customer service was even worse.
Switched to Cingular, couldnt be happier.

beerjet
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
My firts phone was a verizon when they first came out and it was the absolute worst thing anyone could have wished on a human being . Of course I got rid of them when they finally got there sh!t together. I'm under the impression that bad service is part of companies merging.
Nextel blows beyind belief now. I was a huge fan of it, but as of the last year or so I get all sorts of grief out of my phone and service/signal.
You and me both. This is the exact thing I've had to deal with as of late. I was kind of leaning towards cingular .Any input on there plans . Good or bad.

nextel4u
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Nextel and Sprint are one company but we are still using two different systems.
Sprint might be a good alternative for you. I can send you out a demo phone if you like. You can try it out for a few days before you make the decision.
John

Thorsinc
01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I work in the wireless industry and I’ll be the first to say they all suck depending on your location.
Sprint/Nextel just because they merged doesn’t’ mean their coverage will improve, its two completely different technologies, I-DEN and CDMA. 2 years to merge the sites, then a couple to change the technologies. But the positive is they are still building out both networks while this is going on. I-DEN over the last couple years has build a lot of sites in the I.E. because of NASCAR.
I have Verizon and it works great until I get out to Havasu, then its hit and miss. Verizon has the budget and is planning a huge build out for 07 to 08 in socal.
Cingular has a decent existing net work in socal but they have frozen their build out or at least in the fourth quarter of 06. Well see in what the plan is in 1st qt of 07? (Cingular has the coolest phones I think)
T-Mobile has been building very aggressively over the last year and plans on having the largest network. But their site development team is their own worst enemy.
I went away from Nextel because of the amount of dropped calls I had a few years ago. I choose Verizon because the majority of the people I call have Verizon as their carrier. 700p Treo works good in Rancho.
Well I have stalled enough on hb. I have to go and pull the Christmas lights of the house.

blown65
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I went away from Nextel because of the amount of dropped calls I had a few years ago. I choose Verizon because the majority of the people I call have Verizon as their carrier. 700p Treo works good in Rancho.
Thats why we went away from nextel, cause of the drop calls.

a catered life
01-01-2007, 10:46 PM
i vote for verizon...i have had them since they were airtouch:eek: and pagers were cool:sqeyes: my job gave me a nextel phone and it sucks :( but i love the two way services

Huckleberry
01-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Consumer reports magazine has rated Verizon #1 nationwide for several years running. Cingular was 2nd to last in their latest survey last month. Too many dropped calls and crappy customer service. I switched from Cingular to Verizon 2 years ago and could not be happier.

locogringo
01-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Motorola A1200. Best PDA that I have ever had and it is really functional.
US doesn't carry it but it works with Cingular just find as does the internet and email as well.
Just make sure you buy a unlocked one.
Don't see how to upload to the image center anymore/or how to do it so here is the attachment

squirt'nmyload
01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
i have alltel and it's the best (cause work pays the bill) ;)
it works great around town but the service is hit or miss out in the desert. my gf has t-mobile and she usually has service when i don't but she often complains about the customer service.

frdvschvy
01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Pick up a copy of the January 2007 Consumer Reports. There is some very enlightening information about certain service providers. If you are interested in seeing what Verizon Wireless has to offer shoot me an email at michael.ehrle@verizonwireless.com. There is a good chance I can save you money versus going to a crowded retail location.
Mike

HBjet
01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a Motorola E815 on Verizon and a Treo on Sprint. Both work great for me, but I have had more dropped calls on my Verizion account then Sprint.
Both phones work at the river for me.
HBjet

TheCarDudes
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I've had Verizon for the past 8 years. Very happy. Like everyone says though, it greatly depends on where you live.

blown65
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
In the 8 months of service with Cingular I might of had a couple drop calls. Nextel was 5-10 a day.

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
go verizon

Devil's Advocate
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
I have Verizon for one, that bill is paid for by work.:D Otherwise, I have cheap ass Cricket for my regular cell. Can't go anywhere with it:p , but unlimited minutes, same bill every month.:D

beerjet
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Can you guys make this any harder. :(

Biglue
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Can you guys make this any harder. :(
Just go back to carrying a pager bro. :D

9er
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Verizon all the way. I've had the best luck with them. Got a new enV. It's good for browsing HB and texting all your bitches.
http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost/data/500/LG-eNv_article_b.jpg