PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: HEI or MSD Distributor

Some Kind Of Monster
01-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm looking for a deal on an HEI distributor for my BBC. I am looking to drop it in and go. The motor is ready and all I need is a distributor! I will consider MSD stuff if the price is decent. Preferably local, but let me know what you have. I would love to come get it ASAP. Thanks!

Alien
01-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Look on Ebay under auto parts, "New" they are $50 bucks with a cap . . . . Thats dirt cheap. :D
I use an HEI myself with a 50,000 volt internal coil and the vacuum advanced dis-abled.

Some Kind Of Monster
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks, I'll have to do that if I don't find one soon!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Billy, a msd dist will run you some coin! You will be fine with a stock HEI. Ill see if I can dig one up. Did you fire the motor up yet?

Some Kind Of Monster
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Ya I know, a good HEI would be nice. I put that points system in but I would rather just go to an HEI right off the bat. I cleaned it up a bit for ya so let me know if you find something!

YeLLowBoaT
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
If you have a old points you can convert it to electric or mag pick up starting at about $70. Only bad part is when they go out you need to spend another $70.

centerhill condor
01-02-2007, 06:14 AM
MSD set up for BBC dist/box/coil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
have BBC billet marine distributor/6al box/blaster coil /tailer 8.8 wires..all in great shape just pulled it out off boat a few weeks ago.. coil has a chip in the top off tower but works fine.$470.00 for all.
.................................................. ....
Pro-Billet Marine Distributors
...Coast Guard. Marine Pro-Billet V8 Chevy - PN 8560 V8 Chevy
I bought this from a guy right here in the spam section. This set up is really a little too hot for my lake/family boat. It is scheduled to arrive on the 5th of Jan. If you buy it before it arrives I won't even open the box! I don't warrant performance 'cause I'm takin' the other guy's word for all of it. Pm if interested.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21033&d=1166487193

Some Kind Of Monster
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Just picked one up locally. Thanks though! I've got that Mallory for you Michael. I'll drop it by this weekend.