PDA

View Full Version : Make sure to watch the Boise State game

DILLIGAF
01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
It should be a good one. Should be eating my tri-tip around the time the game starts :)

BajaMike
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Great game....I like the WAC teams.....:idea:

sleekcraft137
01-01-2007, 10:01 PM
There's gonna be A LOT to talk about at work tomorrow! Boise state football is EVERYTHING up here. Congrats to the team they deserve it after that game!

BajaMike
01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
One of the best games I've ever watched.....little Boise State beating big old Oklahoma........:D
:idea:

phebus
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
The only thing better than the game, was your call to watch it because it was going to be a good game.
Good call Tom :D

Baja Big Dog
01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Great show for playing on GREEN grass!!!!

sleekcraft137
01-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Great show for playing on GREEN grass!!!!
LOL no kidding!

DILLIGAF
01-01-2007, 10:23 PM
The only thing better than the game, was your call to watch it because it was going to be a good game.
Good call Tom :D
I feel to sleep right before halftime and woke up after my buddy Dave called AFTER the 2 pt conversion to win it. I missed most of it....:(

Ivan Dan
01-01-2007, 10:32 PM
GREAT game!!!! One of the best games I've ever seen.

beyondhelpin
01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
The pain of the "GREAT GAME". Gotta hand it to the Broncos. Played strong with ballsy play calling. Congradulations to the the Bronc fans.
Regards,
Humble Sooner:mad: :mad:

CBadDad
01-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I was channel flipping and I caught the game with about 10 seconds left. Boise had the ball on 4th down and 18 yards to go. The ol' hook and ladder play worked. I love how college football dealswith OT.
I wish I would've caught the whole game.

work2play
01-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Great game, but I almost missed the finish. I turn the game off after Boise threw the intersection. I went up stairs to go to bed and fortunatly my wife had the game on in the bedroom. So I did get to watch the fantastic finish.

Keith E. Sayre
01-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Great game last night! I was just thinking Karma????
I was going to BYU back when they were real strong in
football in the 80's. We won the National Championship in 84 after we beat Miami(then rated #1) solidly and then
beat Michigan in the Holiday Bowl. All of my relatives live
in Oklahoma and gave BYU no respect because they were in
the WAC. NBC's Bryant Gumbel even got into it and joked
about BYU being a Mormon school. Oklahomas coach Barry
Switzer joked that he'd like to play us in the Disneyland
sponsored kickoff classic the next year, BYU offered to play
the game for free but Oklahoma declined.
Now, Boise State comes in and beats Oklahoma and I'll
bet a dollar that alot of the "big guns" in college football
will find excuses for Oklahoma and act like losing was no
big deal.
I say hats off to Boise State for pulling it off!
Keith Sayre

Cruzzze
01-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Being a BSU alum, gotta say WOWWWWWWWWW! What an awesome game. How about those Broncos? And yes, like Texas H S football, it is everything up there. This is the biggest win in Idaho history, and even though I think BSU deserves it, I think Oklahoma was alittle too confident coming in. BSU were big time underdogs, just shows what heart can do for ya. Congrats to coach Peterson and all the Broncos, David DID kick Goliath out of the stadium. :) :)

NoCal NoBoat
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Nice pre-game read, DILLIGAF !
IMO, we'll be watching highlights from this one for years to come. I put it up there with Cal/Stanford "The Play" and BC/Miami "Flutie to Phelan".
I was pulling for Boise State, but I really didn't have a dog in the fight. A total roller coaster for those who did. Even the shots of the crowd's reactions were amazing.
A 4th and 18 hook and ladder play to comeback from a potential backbreaking interception. Okla's instant tochdown in OT. A Boise option play to tie. And a "Statue" play to win it.
The coach credits his backup QB's for calling the big play. And the hero running back proposes to his cheerleader girlfriend on the sideline...
Highlights, hell - I sense a movie deal here...

NoCal NoBoat
01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
CORRECT MYSELF - The Boise TD in OT left them 1 point down, making the decision to try for 2 HUGE. Boise State coach said that he sensed his defense
was gassed after the OK touchdown on the first play of OT, and thought he had they play to win it right there. He was right...

DILLIGAF
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
My buddy Dave (Heavy D on HB) has a son that plays LB for UTAH State. They have to play OK in their second game next year and he has a feeling that OK is going to be pissed at them because they represent the WAC....lol
His son is a red shirt freshman and should get playing time next year as the US team was bad this year and will be looking for players to step up.
They also have to play Boise State :)

uclahater
01-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Great game last night! I was just thinking Karma????
I was going to BYU back when they were real strong in
football in the 80's. We won the National Championship in 84 after we beat Miami(then rated #1) solidly and then
beat Michigan in the Holiday Bowl. All of my relatives live
in Oklahoma and gave BYU no respect because they were in
the WAC. NBC's Bryant Gumbel even got into it and joked
about BYU being a Mormon school. Oklahomas coach Barry
Switzer joked that he'd like to play us in the Disneyland
sponsored kickoff classic the next year, BYU offered to play
the game for free but Oklahoma declined.
Now, Boise State comes in and beats Oklahoma and I'll
bet a dollar that alot of the "big guns" in college football
will find excuses for Oklahoma and act like losing was no
big deal.
I say hats off to Boise State for pulling it off!
Keith Sayre
Not one of the teams BYU played in 1984 ended up in the top 25. They did beat #1 Miami, but not in the year they won the National Championship.
Date BYU Opp.
9/1 20 at Pittsburgh 14
9/8 47 Baylor 13
9/15 38 Tulsa 15
9/22 18 at Hawaii 13
10/6 52 at Colorado St. 9
10/13 41 Wyoming (H) 38
10/20 30 at Air Force 25
10/25 48 at New Mexico 0
11/3 42 UTEP 9
11/10 34 San Diego St. 3
11/17 24 at Utah 14