PDA

View Full Version : The new canoe is out of the mold

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Went up to Havasu over New Years to meet up with the fine folks over at Conquest and was suprised to see the new canoe out of the mold. I have to tell you these peeps over at Conquest have to be the best damn people in the world to work with. This is the first time we have been able to design our boat from the bottom up. Candy, Keith, Mike, Jod & everyone else have been hands down the best to work with. I can't wait until February. Well here is a couple shots as it sits being glued together. Hasn't been color sanded or rubbed out yet.

Not So Fast
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Looking good! What power did you go with? NSF

Kilrtoy
01-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Saw it thursday and the wife commented onhow nice it looked
Congrats

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Looking good! What power did you go with? NSF
Going with the 600SCI.. The power has been in the air since I started the build. Can't figure out if I should go 525 & whipple in a year, but decided this weekend to just go 600SCI and be done with it.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Saw it thursday and the wife commented onhow nice it looked
Congrats
Thanks Kilrtoy.. A comment like that coming from your wife just made my year that much better. 2007 is going to be great.

shaffewm
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
WHAT! No Flames?:D Looks good...

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
WHAT! No Flames?:D Looks good...
Flames are for old school hot rods, sleds & tattoos. Just messin. Something simple that will hopefully stay in style. NO TRIBAL OR FLAMES

ULTRA26 # 1
01-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Went up to Havasu over New Years to meet up with the fine folks over at Conquest and was suprised to see the new canoe out of the mold. I have to tell you these peeps over at Conquest have to be the best damn people in the world to work with. This is the first time we have been able to design our boat from the bottom up. Candy, Keith, Mike, Jod & everyone else have been hands down the best to work with. I can't wait until February. Well here is a couple shots as it sits being glued together. Hasn't been color sanded or rubbed out yet.
Very nice looking boat. It should be a runner with a 600 in it. Congrats
John M

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Very nice looking boat. It should be a runner with a 600 in it. Congrats
John M
I hope I made the right decission going with the 600SCI. Its still up in the air but thats what the current paper work that was printed out on Saturday states.

cc322
01-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Very nice indeed, congrats. Magic,and Conquest are imo the best looking decks on the market, allthough I like what I am seeing with the new Shockwave mold.

ULTRA26 # 1
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I hope I made the right decission going with the 600SCI. Its still up in the air but thats what the current paper work that was printed out on Saturday states.
I wish I could have afforded any blue motor. You should see high 80's, easy, with the 600. I too like classic gel designs. You and the builder did very a nice job with your graphics and colors, Look forward to seeing you on the water.
John M

OutCole'd
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Love the timeless colors & design. Congrats!

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I wish I could have afforded any blue motor. You should see high 80's, easy, with the 600. I too like classic gel designs. You and the builder did very a nice job with your graphics and colors, Look forward to seeing you on the water.
John M
Thanks! I look forward to boating with everyone on the boards this year. Last year we were in the 23' Ultra and this year we will be in the new Conquest.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Very nice indeed, congrats. Magic,and Conquest are imo the best looking decks on the market, allthough I like what I am seeing with the new Shockwave mold.
I'm with you and like just about all the high performance deck boats on the market, and trust me I looked at all of them for a year solid. I just happened to stroll into Conquest with a great friend and everything is working out wonderful.

BajaMike
01-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Nice looking boat....congradulations!!!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21306&d=1167700885
:idea:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21307&d=1167700999
:)

Keith E. Sayre
01-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Talk about Karma? Richie walks into Conquest interested in
buying a boat and he runs into Denny Cissell who you might say is into Conquests and Hot Rods. He's sold about 7 deckboats for me and has "_hit Pays" written on his since his company installs sewer pipeline! Many of you have seen his 6500 sq ft garage by the golf course that has
about 20 hot rods in it, Richie mentions that he is going to sell his 2 super tricked out hot rods so that he can buy a
Conquest so Denny buys them both! They're both squeezed into Dennys garage and were proud to be there
on New years Eve when we passed by their party. Hats off
to Denny for being a great person and Richie for being so
easy to work with. Candy says you're the best!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
h

Concept1
01-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey man, that thing is awesome looking, I too like the classic colors, that will never go out of style! Congrats on that boat, I just bought my first boat and decided to go with the deck as well. Have fun when you get it!!!

Huckleberry
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I must say that I've never been a fan of grey on a boat...But that is down right purdy! Very clean design and timeless graphics. Nice job!

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Been on the phone all morning trying to figure out insurance costs on this if I go with the 600SCI. Huge difference from the 525 to the 600SCI. I mean 4 times as much. Blows me away. The 525 is starting to sound a little better every second unless someone on this fine board has a great insurance hook up. I am seeing numbers around $1000-$1200 with the 525 and $4900-$6000 for the 600. Thats a huge difference just to pick up a few more ponys.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Keith E. Sayre;2319702]
They're both squeezed into Dennys garage and were proud to be there
on New years Eve when we passed by their party. Hats off
to Denny for being a great person and Richie for being so
easy to work with. Candy says you're the best!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
And they look right at home squeezed into that garage. I couldn't have sent that Hot Rod & Sled to a better place. Denny hands down is one of the best guys I have met in a long time. Candy is definately taking care of me and is the best to work with. I could not say a bad word for the entire staff at Conquest. I will take building a boat with you guys any day over building a car. I will see you guys at the boat show. If you need anything during your stay in L.A. please don't hesitate to call.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I must say that I've never been a fan of grey on a boat...But that is down right purdy! Very clean design and timeless graphics. Nice job!
Thanks a lot Huckleberry.. Its amazing what a little bit of pearl, or in this case a lot of pearl will do to grey. Wait til it hits the sun. Ther pearl jumps at ya.

Mrs Bad Puddy Tat
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Been on the phone all morning trying to figure out insurance costs on this if I go with the 600SCI. Huge difference from the 525 to the 600SCI. I mean 4 times as much. Blows me away. The 525 is starting to sound a little better every second unless someone on this fine board has a great insurance hook up. I am seeing numbers around $1000-$1200 with the 525 and $4900-$6000 for the 600. Thats a huge difference just to pick up a few more ponys.
Hey that is a great looking boat. Told you that we are on ***boat. Hope that we can do business when it's all complete. It was great talking to you. Kim w/Citywide Insurance

Devil's Advocate
01-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Sweet.:cool:

SummitKarl
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
just for fun try
Hagerty Collector Car and Boat INS.
www.hagerty.com
1-800-922-4050

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone.. Kim with citywide ins. seems to be headin down the right path. I think we will be ok.

slowinhavasu
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
NICE very NICE............:)

shockwaveharry
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
That thing is gunna look great and the look of the 600 under the hatch is worth the price of admission! Keith had a deck with a 600 in it last time I was there and I couldn't stop staring at it!

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
That thing is gunna look great and the look of the 600 under the hatch is worth the price of admission! Keith had a deck with a 600 in it last time I was there and I couldn't stop staring at it!
I've been kicking this around all day talking with many people in regards to the motor. I think I have decided to go with the 525, see how it runs, run it for a while under warranty, and then have Bernie throw a whipple charger on it somewhere down the line if needed. I think it will look just as nice tucked under the hatch and this way it will be a flat engine cover for the ladies chill on.

Havasu1986
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Whats that boat with a 525 running these days. If you don't mind me asking.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Whats that boat with a 525 running these days. If you don't mind me asking.
I haven't even asked. I'm thinking right in the 70's. They say the 600SCI can get you into the 84MPH range. I have heard the 525 with the whipple charger is getting a little more then the 600SCI. I'm sure it should be fast enough with my family on it. Everyone keeps telling me if I wanted a fast boat I should of bought a closed cat. So I think the 525 should push it just fine for my needs.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Keith & Mike at Conquest rattled the numbers off at me but I can't remember off the top of my head. I have been kickin around so many different things with this boat I can't even think straight.

Mrs Bad Puddy Tat
01-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone.. Kim with citywide ins. seems to be headin down the right path. I think we will be ok.
Thanks for the good words. Just wanted to let you know that I have been talking with some of the underwriters with regards to the the 600 and up motors with out it having to cost an arm and a leg. I will keep you informed as the programs unfold. Hopefully by the time you decide to add the super charger we will have a additional programs with more aggressive pricing.
Kim

Havasu1986
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
How much $. If you don't mind me asking.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the good words. Just wanted to let you know that I have been talking with some of the underwriters with regards to the the 600 and up motors with out it having to cost an arm and a leg. I will keep you informed as the programs unfold. Hopefully by the time you decide to add the super charger we will have a additional programs with more aggressive pricing.
Kim
Thanks Kim for all your help.. We will be hooking up as soon as Candy is ready to go. I will be working on a few more things with Candy in the A.M. Thanks again for everything.

GABACHOS_LBC
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
How much $. If you don't mind me asking.
I haven't stopped adding/subtracting, making motor changes, different gauge set ups, different stereo systems, so with all this being said I have 5 or 6 invoices. I think I will have a better idea sometime tomorrow. I gotta say they have been taking care of me since the first time I walked in a few weeks back.

shockwaveharry
01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Well, the 525 with the Whipple should be a good 150HP stronger than the 600, I'll bet you'll touch 90MPH. It will look great too!
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/Images/productimages/525HPEFI.jpg
If one's not enough... :D

GABACHOS_LBC
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Well I locked in on the 525 and spoke to Bernie about the whipple charger, so I am good to go. Should be ready around Feb.11th. Can't wait to get it on the water.

1manshow
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Lookin GOOD!!! If you don't mind me asking what was your best quote for insurance with the 600 and who was it with?? 1manshow

GABACHOS_LBC
02-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Lookin GOOD!!! If you don't mind me asking what was your best quote for insurance with the 600 and who was it with?? 1manshow
Best quote with the 600 was $4900 a year, and best quote with the 525 was $1025 a year. Thats a huge difference in my opinion. if the 525 isn't enough for this boat I will add the Whipple Charger and that should perform close to the 600 if not better from what I have heard from the experienced ones on the forums.

havasu5150
02-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Congratulations! Sweet looking boat I know you'll enjoy it as much I do mine. Conquest builds a grreat boat. You'll be fine with a 525. I have a 496 in mine and it does adequately. I look forward to seeing you on the lake

bohica
02-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Will the whipple fit with the 525 under the stock engine hatch of a Topcat II?
Thinking about upgrading mine.

Not So Fast
02-03-2007, 07:26 AM
The 525 in a deck boat is plenty good, like someone else said "going fast in a deck boat is only fun for the driver" and MY WIFE SUPPORTS that thought. I do also, got to ride in a couple of decks that hit the high 80's and unless you are the driver or ride in a front facing passenger seat the rest is not too comfortable. AND INSURANCE!! Nope you made the right decision. Good luck with it. NSF

boatnam2
02-03-2007, 08:00 AM
The 525 in a deck boat is plenty good, like someone else said "going fast in a deck boat is only fun for the driver" and MY WIFE SUPPORTS that thought. I do also, got to ride in a couple of decks that hit the high 80's and unless you are the driver or ride in a front facing passenger seat the rest is not too comfortable. AND INSURANCE!! Nope you made the right decision. Good luck with it. NSF
i totally agree 75-80 in a deck boat is fast,they are very windy and for 4k less a year your not going to miss the 6mph or so.450mo boat insurance is crazy in imo and just tells you how far off base the ins. companies are on high performance boating.that is almost 1000.00 per mph more.good luck with the new ride from a 23 to a 28ft 75mph deck boat your going to be having a good time.and like not so fast has said hauling ass in usally funniest for the driver so get that in mind when hammering it with a full crew.

Not So Fast
02-03-2007, 08:12 AM
i totally agree 75-80 in a deck boat is fast,they are very windy and for 4k less a year your not going to miss the 6mph or so.450mo boat insurance is crazy in imo and just tells you how far off base the ins. companies are on high performance boating.that is almost 1000.00 per mph more.good luck with the new ride from a 23 to a 28ft 75mph deck boat your going to be having a good time.and like not so fast has said hauling ass in usally funniest for the driver so get that in mind when hammering it with a full crew.
Thanks, just my point of view. I have had people ask when we stopped back when i was a 496HO powered deck "Damn How fast were we going" to which I said about 50mph??? Did it seem fast? I guess so when you are sitting up front so I dont usually go any faster that that when people are up front. NSF

4day!!
02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
That boat is beautiful. Congrats!. I really dig the graphics scheme and colors, it will never go out of style. F'ng bad ass!!

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Trust me when I say I am all about keeping the crew happy. My biggest concern when boating is making sure the entire crew is happy. The reason I bought the deck boat was for the crew. If I wanted a fast boat and boated with just a few I would have went for the closed bow. But I usually roll with a pretty sweet crew. My two kids don't like hammering it so we will be cruising wisely as always.

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Will the whipple fit with the 525 under the stock engine hatch of a Topcat II?
Thinking about upgrading mine.
YES! A whipple will fit under the stock engine hatch with a 525 no problem. I was going to go with the hump in the engine hatch, but keeping the crew happy changed my mind. The chicks love the flat engine hatch so thats what we went with.

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Candy at Conquest says we will be taking delivery on Feb. 16th..

Tom Brown
02-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Beautiful. :cool:
I hope you share more pictures as the build progresses. :)

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Beautiful. :cool:
I hope you share more pictures as the build progresses. :)
Thanks a lot Tom Brown.
Definately will.. Candy hasn't updated me in a while.. As soon as she does I will post up..

boatnam2
02-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Trust me when I say I am all about keeping the crew happy. My biggest concern when boating is making sure the entire crew is happy. The reason I bought the deck boat was for the crew. If I wanted a fast boat and boated with just a few I would have went for the closed bow. But I usually roll with a pretty sweet crew. My two kids don't like hammering it so we will be cruising wisely as always.
now there is nothing like a good solo romp everyonce in awhile lol...

GABACHOS_LBC
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
It has now made it from downstairs in the paint booth to the upstairs and the rigging has begun. Candy is at the boat show so hopefully Mike will shoot me some pics as the rigging comes along this week.

dicudmore
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
It has now made it from downstairs in the paint booth to the upstairs and the rigging has begun. Candy is at the boat show so hopefully Mike will shoot me some pics as the rigging comes along this week.
Boat looks good Rich--got to see it in person a couple weeks ago :D

Not So Fast
02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I'll tell you this, one of the decks I got to go fast in was 1manshow (Joe) and I was certainly impressed with it and those little windshields helped a lot wth the WIND in your face, plus the thing hauled the mail quite well!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

catman-do
02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Looking nice! Post more pics once the interior and motor are in.