PDA

View Full Version : For the Cops

Wet Dream
01-01-2007, 06:32 PM
For you guys that have dash cams, enough of the crappy videos. With todays technology, there is no reason for the grainy shit that gets to the TV today. You guys really have to push for the good stuff, like HD maybe. And while you're sitting there doing nothing but waiting for more revenue, try cleaning the bugs off of the windsheild. It only takes a couple of seconds with windex and paper towels. When you arrive on a scene, please take into consideration that you need to do one of two things. Either park the car in the direction of the action, or turn the camera toward the action. Its not much fun watching the door of another car while the killings are going on stage right. Also, it becomes very helpful to the viewing audience and the immediate public if you turn off the siren. Its a simple task, put the car in park, and turn off the siren. Having a siren blaring while the car is at a standstill and you're in a standoff at a 7-11 parkinglot is just wrong. Ok, enough of my armchair critique, carry on gentlemen, and ladies. ;)

SandbarScot
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Great reasons to add to my list of why our department does not have dash cameras on most units.

MudPumper
01-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah, just what we need, Dash Cameras so the public can Monday morning QB and tell us how to do our jobs. lol
Also...some cars have the siren wired into the shift lever, when the car goes in park, the siren shuts off. Its a nice feature.
You might think its easy to do something as simple as shutting off the siren, but when you already have to worry about stopping the car, getting it in park, getting the door open, getting out of the car, and getting your gun out before the giant black and white magnet starts attracting bullets, turning off the siren is the least of your worries. :D

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah, just what we need, Dash Cameras so the public can Monday morning QB and tell us how to do our jobs. lol
[RANT ON]
If you don't want the public telling you how to do your jobs... don't work in public service...Rather you like it or not... We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
[/Rant off]

msc5195
01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
[RANT ON]
If you don't want the public telling you how to do your jobs... don't work in public service...Rather you like it or not... We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
[/Rant off]
AMEN BROTHER!
I totally agree with ya.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 07:40 AM
[RANT ON]
[/Rant off]
OKhttp://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/yb630.gif

Jetaholic
01-02-2007, 08:00 AM
I'll add to this one...from a working musician's point of view...
STOP HASSLING THE BARS/CLUBS ABOUT THE VOLUME!!! I don't know about other cities, but here where I live the cops get a kick out of throwing their weight around. Someone calls in a noise complaint about music at a club being too loud, and the cops show up to hassle us about it! Now this may sound like normal procedure...however, the cops here aren't doing it correctly IMHO.
What typically happens is someone calls in the complaint. The cop gets the call. What SHOULD happen is when the cop gets the call, the cop should go to the complainant's house to verify that our music can actually be heard on the property of the complainant. IF IT CAN BE HEARD ON THE COMPLAINANT'S PROPERTY, then AND ONLY THEN does an actual problem exist. THEN the cop should come out and tell us to turn it down.
However, they don't do that! They just go straight to the club and hassle us! So this basically means that for all we know, it could be some asshole all the way on the other side of town that doesn't like the club calling in to start shit for all they know!
When you have a live band, you're going to hear us outside the club no matter what. That's just how it is. And as soon as the cops show up to the club, it creates a bad vibe and people leave, which kills the club's business, which makes us have to take a cut out of our paychecks. Music is how we make our living. People work hard all week long, they come out to have fun and be entertained, which is what we do.
Now of course, if we are in fact bothering somebody who lives in the vicinity then yes we as the band need to address that. But if the call is coming from someone who doesn't even live anywhere close to the club in question and none of the neighboring residents have a problem with us playing there, then where does an actual problem exist? Verify that an actual neighboring resident has an issue with it and we will address the problem. But until then, leave us alone, let the people have fun and let us do our job!

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 09:06 AM
[RANT ON]
[/Rant off]
You are exactly right, citizens should have the right to voice their opinion on how law enforcement does their job...That is what makes America so great, freedom!!!! Another great aspect of freedom is the concept of laws and rules. So when some of us here get pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, no front plate, no mufflers on the boat and so on we should also respect that aspect of our society, laws and rules... When you get pulled over, for something you know you shouldn't have been doing, and the fine officer gives you a half hour of their attention and leaves you with a nice "thank you" note you should remember that you pay their salary and now you know they are doing their job and keeping EVERYONE safe!!!

moneypit
01-02-2007, 09:07 AM
[RANT ON]
We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
[/Rant off]
Don't kid yourself... you have never signed a police officers paycheck in your entire life. You might have contributed but never signed. Just because you pay taxes doesnt mean the "OFFICER" has to listen to your rant. If you have to piss and moan, do it to your elected officials... The "officer" doesnt have to listen to you...
Amazing how people think. Oh and Im not a cop.

Keith E. Sayre
01-02-2007, 09:28 AM
The thing about dash cams that bother me is that the tv stations that show them only show what portion of the
event that they want to show. I remember a situation
shown on tv recently where it looked like the cop was beating a kid up on the trunk of a car when in fact the
handcuffed kid was grabbing his junk and hitting him
there. On TV it looked like police brutality, in fact the
kid had it coming and the cop was defending himself.
It's too easy for the ACLU and the liberal media to
paint every event into a bad picture for LEO. But I must
admit, I do like watching the dash cam stuff.
Keith Sayre

Get415
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Jetaholic;2319620]I'll add to this one...from a working musician's point of view...
STOP HASSLING THE BARS/CLUBS ABOUT THE VOLUME!!! I don't know about other cities, but here where I live the cops get a kick out of throwing their weight around. Someone calls in a noise complaint
IF IT CAN BE HEARD ON THE COMPLAINANT'S PROPERTY, then AND ONLY THEN does an actual problem exist. THEN the cop should come out and tell us to turn it down.
When you have a live band, you're going to hear us outside the club no matter what. Now of course, if we are in fact bothering somebody who lives in the vicinity then yes we as the band need to address that. QUOTE]
So you answered that for yourself...Loud music = people hear it form a distance because sound travels.
So all your asking for really, is a delay in being asked to turn it down, right???
After the complaint is VERIFIED. And who would be calling about loud music that can't hear it anyway?:idea:

SurfOnH20
01-02-2007, 11:02 AM
It seems like the people just dont have a clue what an average day is like for an officer. Walk a mile in their shoes and then your argument will be heard.

Nord
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
For you guys that have dash cams, enough of the crappy videos. With todays technology, there is no reason for the grainy shit that gets to the TV today. You guys really have to push for the good stuff, like HD maybe. And while you're sitting there doing nothing but waiting for more revenue, try cleaning the bugs off of the windsheild. It only takes a couple of seconds with windex and paper towels. When you arrive on a scene, please take into consideration that you need to do one of two things. Either park the car in the direction of the action, or turn the camera toward the action. Its not much fun watching the door of another car while the killings are going on stage right. Also, it becomes very helpful to the viewing audience and the immediate public if you turn off the siren. Its a simple task, put the car in park, and turn off the siren. Having a siren blaring while the car is at a standstill and you're in a standoff at a 7-11 parkinglot is just wrong. Ok, enough of my armchair critique, carry on gentlemen, and ladies. ;)
You just removed yourself from every high tax rant you will ever have by posting this.
They are clear enough the way they are.

MudPumper
01-02-2007, 11:07 AM
[RANT ON]
[/Rant off]
Here we go again........:rolleyes: :sleeping:

Moneypitt
01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You are exactly right, citizens should have the right to voice their opinion on how law enforcement does their job...That is what makes America so great, freedom!!!! Another great aspect of freedom is the concept of laws and rules. So when some of us here get pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, no front plate, no mufflers on the boat and so on we should also respect that aspect of our society, laws and rules... When you get pulled over, for something you know you shouldn't have been doing, and the fine officer gives you a half hour of their attention and leaves you with a nice "thank you" note you should remember that you pay their salary and now you know they are doing their job and keeping EVERYONE safe!!!
I fail to see how a loud boat adversly affects safety. If anything a loud boat is SAFER, because others on the water will hear it, even if they don't see it...........just my .02.......MP

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I fail to see how a loud boat adversly affects safety. If anything a loud boat is SAFER, because others on the water will hear it, even if they don't see it...........just my .02.......MP
I have no idea if mufflers on boats keep people safe or not, was just trying to interject some boat relevant content in the post. I guess you could say loud pipes hurt the ears of others, but I don't know because iam not a doctor, just a public servant. I was trying to show the fact police are not the ones who right laws, they are just the ones who enforce them. When bad law is written it is the law maker who should hear about the law, not the officer. You know how much an officer can do to get law changed???? Its zero!!!! That is all I was trying to show is laws are written in places far far away from the real world and cops are not the ones writting them....While we might not like or agree with certain laws, we know what the rules are and if we choose to break them don't get upset with the cop for enforcing it....

Moneypitt
01-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes, I realize the police don't write the laws, only attempt to enforce them. I have heard LE officers that like the idea of a video in the car to show what really hapened, and others that feel like their actions are unfairly judged by partial exposure of the facts. Either way, they have a tough job to do and deserve respect from those they encounter.........Surprisingly enough, they react to respect, with respect.........MP

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Cameras in cars usually do not happen because of money. Each unit costs in the area of 5 to 10 grand depending on the system. You can't just duct tape the old super 8 to the mirror and say "go 10-8." I can't even imagine the type of maintenance it takes to keep something like that running in that type of environment but it can't be easy. I know I would rather have 5 to 10 grand worth of other tools which might help me stay safe rather than fend off a complaint. But they do provide a unique perspective of an event. But like someone already said, it is just one perspective and not the whole picture. And you are very correct, atleast with me, respect is met with respect.
One of the very best dashcam videos I have seen came from Rhode Island or something and it was a trooper who was fighting off a suspect who was going after his gun. This trooper was calm and collected. He tried several of his academy "moves" but they were unsuccesful in getting the bad guy off his gun. The trooper reached into his rear pocket with his off-hand, pulled out his back-up gun, placed it to the head of the bad guy and killed him dead... As it turned out the bad guy was a parolee who was high and had a long record...Only have seen it at training and was awesome to see someone run through the steps and have it end as it should.

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I fail to see the logic in why any "honest" cop would not want a camera in thier car. If your doing your job and not breaking any laws, the only thing a camera will do, is help you prove what you did or did not do. Them being released to the public is anohter thing.
I will be the 1st one to praise a cop for doing his job, I will also be the 1st person to say he needs to be fired when hes not. I am like that with every one. If you do your job, thats great, don't do it... you should not have your job.
I also must say that the firemen and LEO officers on this board ( for the most part, boatcop for one is great. I have nohting but respect for him) are doing a real diservice to thier profession.

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I also must say that the firemen and LEO officers on this board ( for the most part, boatcop for one is great. I have nohting but respect for him) are doing a real diservice to thier profession.
Not to take this thread even more off topic but I don't get this statement??? I do not see anything wrong with what I have said in this post to warrant such a statement...How do you know anything about me and about what I stand for...You will not read anything that is out of line for my choosen profession in this on-line little world...Because I chose to respond and give my opinion on certain topics has no effect on my profession...This comment seems a little misplaced. You have never seen me write something about, meth adicted carpenters or or cocaine smoking mechanics and you never will...

LOWRIVER2
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Money is THE reason they're not in all LE cars.
Any private business owner on this thread that wants to pay for a few hundred units to be put in our cars, please stand up. I"ll be the first to take one.
I'm looking forward to getting the new tasers one day that have the camera on them. There is nothing better than to play in court the suspect's behavior prior to a use of force. I've seen audio tape recorders that most of us carry win enough personnel complaints and lawsuits to know how useful they (recorders) are. Cameras can only help.
And besides, most everyone has a camera on their cell phone these days so most incidents are recorded one way or another. Makes sense to have one from our vantage point.

Jetaholic
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
So you answered that for yourself...Loud music = people hear it form a distance because sound travels.
So all your asking for really, is a delay in being asked to turn it down, right???
After the complaint is VERIFIED. And who would be calling about loud music that can't hear it anyway?:idea:
If a person has some kind of problem with a club (could be a person who got 86'ed, another rival band trying to get the gig there but can't because your band is playing there, another club owner who feels that another club is stealing business from their club, etc etc), this is something they typically do to try and get the club shut down. If the cops are called enough times out to a club, they will pull their licensing. They know this works because they know that the cop will never ask for the address of a complainant to verify that it's an actual resident within earshot of the music. It then generates a complaint for that club, which makes the club look bad, when in reality they're not really bothering any of the neighboring people within earshot of the music.
This happened to my band one time. We had a Friday night gig at a club, and the cops started showing up to our gigs and hassling us about the volume.
Well, the next Friday night we couldn't do the gig, so another band filled the night. At the time this band had about 5x the power that we did. I measured them at about 10-15' away with a digital frequency analyzing SPL(sound pressure level) meter set for 'C' weighting (which is more strict than the 'A' weighted method that the cops use) at about 120dB. I then went outside the back door, which is right by the stage, and measured them right outside the back door at 85dB. That is a pretty significant drop in level, which tells me how well they have the place insulated.
Everytime you double your distance away from a sound source, the level drops 6dB. Took a walk about 50' down the alley behind the club and I could hear the cars going down the street over the music.
Well, the cops never showed up that Friday.
We went to play that Saturday, and we hadn't even finished out the first set and the cops were already there! I spoke with the cop that night, and he told me that he happened to just cruise by the night before (wasn't called out there, but just passed by in his normal patrol), and in his opinion the band the night before was way louder than we were, but for some reason they didn't get called out there the night before, but they were called out when we played. This told me that someone for some reason has it in for our band because the cops were only getting called on nights when we would play, yet they've had bands there that were way louder than us.
And yes, sound can be heard from a distance, however if nobody who lives in the immediate area where the sound can be heard has a problem with it, then where does a problem exist? The only problem is the person calling in filing false complaints. The law doesn't state that loud music is illegal, it just states that it's illegal if it's bothering people who reside within earshot of it.

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Not to take this thread even more off topic but I don't get this statement??? I do not see anything wrong with what I have said in this post to warrant such a statement...How do you know anything about me and about what I stand for...You will not read anything that is out of line for my choosen profession in this on-line little world...Because I chose to respond and give my opinion on certain topics has no effect on my profession...This comment seems a little misplaced. You have never seen me write something about, meth adicted carpenters or or cocaine smoking mechanics and you never will...
Its not really this thread...there have been others that have all but destroyed the respect I had for these proffesions ( mainly firemen)
While its true that I don't know you or what you stand for... My comments where not directed at you personally just a general overvievw of what others have posted...My exp is for every good public service worker there are 25 that are not. I can count one 1 hand how many of them I met that actaully do thier job and do it well. I've lost count how many can't do thier job. I know, I Use to be one. The hardest job I ever had was getting them to work.
They would not work no matter what, I could not fire them, I couldn't even kick them off my crew for being drunk at work. So I said fook it and litterly walked off the job.
look at post # 6 and tell me that that is not doing a diservice to your porfession.

Jetaholic
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
And another thing...what about the cops that abuse their light bars/sirens just to get through an intersection all because they don't feel like sitting forever at a stop light? That's just flat out abuse/show of power.
And cops that think they can break the law because they're cops...if anything the cops should be setting the example by following the laws they're paid to enforce.
And last but not least...cops that make their own laws...again the cops are not there to enforce THEIR beliefs, they're there to enfore THE WRITTEN LAW!!! Not make up the laws as they go.
And yes there are some really good cops out there that do their job rather well...if I am in fact in the wrong and I know for a fact that I am in the wrong I'm not going to try and fight it when I'm caught. But if it's just a cop trying to flash his badge he can get the fock on.

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I truely am sorry you have had a bad experience with public service workers, as I have also. Not to mention it I have had bad experiences at car dealers, home improvement centers, batting cages, school, places I've ate at and so on.....You know why, because we are humans....We make mistakes, we make errors in judgement and I will be the first to stand tall and say, "Sorry, I messed up."
I hope you are able to see past some bad experiences you had and not hold it against the hard working public servants who place themself between you and danger more than you will ever know....And you are right, the lazy, malcontents, the fraudulent injuries, all that should end. If someone isn't pulling their weight get rid of them or fire them and if need be put them in jail. I work to hard and and enjoy my job to much to have it tarnished by those types of people....But I will defend it with all my soul against people who have no clue on what really happens and what goes on each and every day.....

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I truely am sorry you have had a bad experience with public service workers, as I have also. Not to mention it I have had bad experiences at car dealers, home improvement centers, batting cages, school, places I've ate at and so on.....You know why, because we are humans....We make mistakes, we make errors in judgement and I will be the first to stand tall and say, "Sorry, I messed up."
I hope you are able to see past some bad experiences you had and not hold it against the hard working public servants who place themself between you and danger more than you will ever know....And you are right, the lazy, malcontents, the fraudulent injuries, all that should end. If someone isn't pulling their weight get rid of them or fire them and if need be put them in jail. I work to hard and and enjoy my job to much to have it tarnished by those types of people....But I will defend it with all my soul against people who have no clue on what really happens and what goes on each and every day.....

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Its not really this thread...there have been others that have all but destroyed the respect I had for these proffesions ( mainly firemen)
While its true that I don't know you or what you stand for... My comments where not directed at you personally just a general overvievw of what others have posted...My exp is for every good public service worker there are 25 that are not. I can count one 1 hand how many of them I met that actaully do thier job and do it well. I've lost count how many can't do thier job. I know, I Use to be one. The hardest job I ever had was getting them to work.
They would not work no matter what, I could not fire them, I couldn't even kick them off my crew for being drunk at work. So I said fook it and litterly walked off the job.
look at post # 6 and tell me that that is not doing a diservice to your porfession.
Its not doing a service or diservice to any profession.
It is simply one persons answer to your rant.
Should I have done it bigger...

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
[RANT ON]
[/Rant off]
Since you pay peoples salary's aroud here can I have your address. I know alot of P.S. that want a raise and now that they have the funding source/line, Which by your own words is you, they now have a person to complain to... I mean ask for a raise

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
And another thing...what about the cops that abuse their light bars/sirens just to get through an intersection all because they don't feel like sitting forever at a stop light? That's just flat out abuse/show of power.
And cops that think they can break the law because they're cops...if anything the cops should be setting the example by following the laws they're paid to enforce.
And last but not least...cops that make their own laws...again the cops are not there to enforce THEIR beliefs, they're there to enfore THE WRITTEN LAW!!! Not make up the laws as they go.
And yes there are some really good cops out there that do their job rather well...if I am in fact in the wrong and I know for a fact that I am in the wrong I'm not going to try and fight it when I'm caught. But if it's just a cop trying to flash his badge he can get the fock on.
Maybe that cop you saw go through the red light was on their way to a call?? Just so you know, when an emergent call comes out not everyone can respond code-3. It is to dangerous to the public and the officers to have everyone rolling code. Maybe that officer was driving to a child not breathing call and was trying to get there as fast as possible becuase they wanted to help???? Sometimes officers will do things outside the guidelines but it usually done for the good.
You are right, officers should be examples for others. We should be pillars of society, we should be beyond reproach, but the truth of the matter is we are humans. Just like husband and wifes should not cheat on each other, just like house contractors should deliver what they promise and just like musician shouldn't use illegal drugs.
And for enforcing my beliefs, the law gives us discretion in most circumstances. You bet iam going to treat a child abuser different from a traffic violater....You bet iam going to treat a gang member different from a good citizen, its because I feel and I belive its more important.....

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a very good idea what goes on everday. I KNOW what goes on in some civil service jobs( 1st hand and it dealing with them on a regular basis)
For the most part ppl in civil service do not do thier jobs or do it at such a low level its not even funny. I will give you a example...
I went to work for the county as a painter, good pay, ez work and bennies.
After 2 months I was made a foremen for a smaller job( which ticked off ppl that had been there years and had never been promoted) On this job I had county employees go to a bar at lucnh get drunk( so drunk they could hardly walk) So I sent them home and wrote them up. with in 2 hours I had a unoin rep all over my ass saying how I could not do that... bla, bla, bla. I ended up getting my ass chewed out for sending them home. Then I was told they would not be fired and would be back on my crew inthe morning. I drove back to the job site, cleaned out my shit from the truck, locked the keys inside, called my boss and told him to pick up his truck and walked to the bus stop. It was not only that... for some reason every one just seemed to do the min of 8 openings or 600 sq a day. ( a opening is a door casing, one side of a door or 8 feet of molding) I can do that in less then 2 hours with out even trying. A "union" painter is suppose to be able to paint a opening in 2 mins... which no one can do and make it look good, 2.5-3 mins is about as fast as you can go and make it look good. 5 mins tops for even a apprentice.
I could go on about other things that I have exparanced.
I will say that I have found a few helpful civil service employees. recently I meet a CHP officer that was wonderful, in fact he was so nice to me( the officer at the window on the other hand was a jack ass) that I ended up bringing in 10 pizza for the office for lunch. I also wrote a letter to his supervizor, stating how helpful he was and how appreciative I was in his professionalizm and his honesty.
Like I said, I will be the 1st person to praise some one for doing thier job and the 1st person demanding thier head on a platter.

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Since you pay peoples salary's aroud here can I have your address. I know alot of P.S. that want a raise and now that they have the funding source/line, Which by your own words is you, they now have a person to complain to... I mean ask for a raise
tell them to come on by and bring thier records... I want to make sure they are worthy of a raise...just being a officer is not a reason to get a raise... you need to earn it...oh yeah thier will be a phyiscal exam too... I hope they pass...

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
tell them to come on by and bring thier records... I want to make sure they are worthy of a raise...just being a officer is not a reason to get a raise... you need to earn it...oh yeah thier will be a phyiscal exam too... I hope they pass...
I am just a bit curious on how you plan an evaluating??? Is it number of arrest, number of tickets, maybe the number of calls answered, iam just curious on how this is going to be done... You know what, if iam paying for something to be done I want it done right and if that means a painter takes 5 minutes to paint a opening then so be it...just like if I decide to warn one person and cite another...And you are right, people should not get raises if they are not deserved...Great a physical exam, this way my doctor will be able to tell me the hours I work is hard on my body and when I retire I will live an average of only 8 years after retiring....sure glad iam going to pay into that retirement, for 30 years, you people always bitch about....Oh and since you pay my salary, even though you don't live in the couty I work, I WANT A RAISE!!!!!

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
DAMN !!!!!!!
talk about a scam, painting the interior of my house with 10 gallons of paint, $200 give or take and $1800 in labor...
Who is the scammer here...
I think painters are way over paid, and jack up even more people than the cops do

boatsnblondes
01-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Sigh, cop haters, gotta love em, I think. As for me, fock the siren, fock everything except staying safe and getting the bad guy and getting home safe. I watch the videos of what you guys do, and I never judge, you guys do what you need to to get through it. I have a LOT of cop friends, best guys I ever met. Fock you yellowboat, you'll find me squarely in their corner every time. Turn off you sirens, give me a break. Hey yellow boat, I work for Amtrak, the makes me a public worker too, I ain't had a raise in 5 years, and no contract for 3, I'm coming over for that raise too....:eek:

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I am just a bit curious on how you plan an evaluating??? Is it number of arrest, number of tickets, maybe the number of calls answered, iam just curious on how this is going to be done... You know what, if iam paying for something to be done I want it done right and if that means a painter takes 5 minutes to paint a opening then so be it...just like if I decide to warn one person and cite another...And you are right, people should not get raises if they are not deserved...Great a physical exam, this way my doctor will be able to tell me the hours I work is hard on my body and when I retire I will live an average of only 8 years after retiring....sure glad iam going to pay into that retirement, for 30 years, you people always bitch about....Oh and since you pay my salary, even though you don't live in the couty I work, I WANT A RAISE!!!!!
We will start off with a 4 mile run... you got 30 mins to complete that... should be np for any able body LEO. I would be willing to bet that most can't. After that how about draging a 150lb dummy 100 ft. Next we can look at how well you shoot and if you handle a gun safly( once again you would be amazed at how many LEO I know and have shot with that I will not go the range with ever again.) The CCW test would work for that...Once again should be ez. After that lets have them pass a "safe handling demo" which is required by Law in CA to buy a hand gun... I'm still a legal instructor for that... once again its ez. Pass that then we will look at your records. As far as what I am looking for in records... it would be the same as any other job, are you on time, do you "call in",... you know basic shit.
I think you missed my point... it was not about the time it takes to do something...its how much time is wasted to do it. I could take any one off the street and teach them how to role and they could do more then 600 sqft in a day. you can do more then that in 15 mins. My point was they knew they could not be fired so they did what ever the hell they wanted. hell they went and got drunk at lunch and came back to work and were not fired...Just the fact that they drove drunk in a county car should have been enough to been fired. You would have been fired from any company I have ever worked for.( construction or office) I won't even get into thier quality of work.
Most civil service jobs pay well these days, most have great benfits. I know some, make next to nothing, some make lots. Lets not forget that over half of the population of CA is directly paid by state/local/federal goverments. No one is willing to stand up for the tax payer( thats not milking the goverment) they want to stay in office... its fine by me I'm moving out of CA shortly anyways...I want to move to a town where people actually get "service" for thier tax dollars.

Makinitdrip
01-02-2007, 10:50 PM
so you are saying you had a bad experience with painters so cops are all bad??? Do you also call the pizza delivery guy if your child is missing?

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 10:58 PM
We will start off with a 4 mile run... you got 30 mins to complete that... should be np for any able body LEO. I would be willing to bet that most can't. After that how about draging a 150lb dummy 100 ft. Next we can look at how well you shoot and if you handle a gun safly( once again you would be amazed at how many LEO I know and have shot with that I will not go the range with ever again.) The CCW test would work for that...Once again should be ez. After that lets have them pass a "safe handling demo" which is required by Law in CA to buy a hand gun... I'm still a legal instructor for that... once again its ez. Pass that then we will look at your records. As far as what I am looking for in records... it would be the same as any other job, are you on time, do you "call in",... you know basic shit.
I think you missed my point... it was not about the time it takes to do something...its how much time is wasted to do it. I could take any one off the street and teach them how to role and they could do more then 600 sqft in a day. you can do more then that in 15 mins. My point was they knew they could not be fired so they did what ever the hell they wanted. hell they went and got drunk at lunch and came back to work and were not fired...Just the fact that they drove drunk in a county car should have been enough to been fired. You would have been fired from any company I have ever worked for.( construction or office) I won't even get into thier quality of work.
Most civil service jobs pay well these days, most have great benfits. I know some, make next to nothing, some make lots. Lets not forget that over half of the population of CA is directly paid by state/local/federal goverments. No one is willing to stand up for the tax payer( thats not milking the goverment) they want to stay in office... its fine by me I'm moving out of CA shortly anyways...I want to move to a town where people actually get "service" for thier tax dollars.
Been there done that....How about a real world application of skills...No foot chase is going to last four miles, so that test is unapplicable...Shooting I would love to see more shooting and gun handling training...Last year I had eight hours of tactical training, but I did get 24 hours of cultural diversity. I guess that comes in handy when someone is shooting at me I won't say something that may offend them.....Dummy drag, maybe, but you then disqualify a huge number of women, don't think that is going to go over to well.....As for my records, have called in three times in eight years. Have been drafted to work extra shifts way to many times to count. I won't even include the 16 shift I was forced to work this Monday at the Rose Parade, on my day off...
I am for the tax payer 100%....Just a little fact, us LEO's as you like to call us, also pay taxes...We don't get a free ride so I get pissed when people waste my tax dollars...Iam sure each public job biding that comes up you turn down because you don't want to flease the tax payer, or better yet, you bid the job at no profit so the tax payer gets a deal...Many an hour spent at work for no pay just trying to get done so I can see me friends and family

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 10:59 PM
DAMN !!!!!!!
talk about a scam, painting the interior of my house with 10 gallons of paint, $200 give or take and $1800 in labor...
Who is the scammer here...
I think painters are way over paid, and jack up even more people than the cops do
have you ever painted? I'm not talking DIY I'm talking about as a biz...
With just me, no employees, my tools and a truck. I have to make~$3500 a month b4 I see a dime. With one employee I don't see anything til about 8k. Now I could drop my GC, my bond, INS, and it would only cost me $500 a month. Then comes taxs and other shit... If I just took cash like several contractors( all trades) I would be making $$$$$$. Also I have to pay for my medical and dental... so take that out of what I made as well... yeah I make lots.
There are lots of so called "painters" out there...Then there are ppl that actually know what they are doing.
I would say about 40% of my calls come from ppl asking me to fix what ethier they or some one else fooked up. The sad thing is paint wages have droped alot... when my grandfather retired as the president of the sac/bay area painters/tapers union. A journeymen made a little more then $6 more a hour then they do now now at $21.35/hr and that was in '78. Granted union does not mean shit these days...
if you only need 10 gal of paint to paint the inside of your house... you have a small house.
I will be more then happy to trade you jobs any time you want for a day...

Makinitdrip
01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
A journeymen made a little more then $6 more a hour then they do now now at $21.35/hr and that was in '78. Granted union does not mean shit these days... wow you make as much as I do and you don't have people shooting at you. I think you need a serious pay cut.

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Been there done that....How about a real world application of skills...No foot chase is going to last four miles, so that test is unapplicable...Shooting I would love to see more shooting and gun handling training...Last year I had eight hours of tactical training, but I did get 24 hours of cultural diversity. I guess that comes in handy when someone is shooting at me I won't say something that may offend them.....Dummy drag, maybe, but you then disqualify a huge number of women, don't think that is going to go over to well.....As for my records, have called in three times in eight years. Have been drafted to work extra shifts way to many times to count. I won't even include the 16 shift I was forced to work this Monday at the Rose Parade, on my day off...
I am for the tax payer 100%....Just a little fact, us LEO's as you like to call us, also pay taxes...We don't get a free ride so I get pissed when people waste my tax dollars...Iam sure each public job biding that comes up you turn down because you don't want to flease the tax payer, or better yet, you bid the job at no profit so the tax payer gets a deal...Many an hour spent at work for no pay just trying to get done so I can see me friends and family
4 mile run is not really supose to be practical, its supose to see if your in shape. Any fit person should be able to do that with out much trouble. If women or man can not do thier job... they should not have thier job. I can't see anyone wanting to trust thier life to some that could not do thier job. I know every time I do lots of "high work" I will not partner up to anyone that could not help me if the rigging where to give way.
I personally don't bid public jobs do to the very large cost of doing them. you don't even want to know what the cost of a $10mil bond is...let alone the headaches they cuase.

BRSTQUEST
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
4 mile run is not really supose to be practical, its supose to see if your in shape. Any fit person should be able to do that with out much trouble. If women or man can not do thier job... they should not have thier job. I can't see anyone wanting to trust thier life to some that could not do thier job. I know every time I do lots of "high work" I will not partner up to anyone that could not help me if the rigging where to give way.
I personally don't bid public jobs do to the very large cost of doing them. you don't even want to know what the cost of a $10mil bond is...let alone the headaches they cuase.
So you want to do unpractical tests at the expense of the tax payer...That doesn't sound so tax payer friendly. I don't see how your test measure if someone can do the job. Like I said no foot chase is going to last four miles, no one is going to have to dragg a body by themself for hundreds of feet. Lets implement real world tests and measurements. You are right I shouldn't have to work with substandard employees but the truth is we are all different with different skill sets.
Iam sure the cost of the bond is recovered in the cost of the job. Your local distric 16 says a journeyman painter makes $31 an hour, $35 for a taper. Good for those people who can make as much as they can. You don't see me bitching about the painter making 100 g's a year but good forbid if a cop breaks the 100 mark then eveyone wants to know why there is so much overtime.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
have you ever painted? I'm not talking DIY I'm talking about as a biz...
With just me, no employees, my tools and a truck. I have to make~$3500 a month b4 I see a dime. With one employee I don't see anything til about 8k. Now I could drop my GC, my bond, INS, and it would only cost me $500 a month. Then comes taxs and other shit... If I just took cash like several contractors( all trades) I would be making $$$$$$. Also I have to pay for my medical and dental... so take that out of what I made as well... yeah I make lots.
if you only need 10 gal of paint to paint the inside of your house... you have a small house.
I will be more then happy to trade you jobs any time you want for a day...
First off stop crying about having to pay ins and workmans comp and all that other stuff, THAT I HAVE TO PAY, NOONE MADE YOU BECOME A BUSINESS OWNER.
OK! so now you are making fun of my little house, its all I can afford on my salary.
Anytime you are in LA, I'll take you out, bring your diapers as I don't want any piss or shit on my front passenger's observer seat.
You may have seen a ghetto or two, but until you drive through SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES, you have not seen the real ghetto
DEFIANCE IS A WAY OF LIFE
SUCCESS IS ONLY A STREET
WELCOME TO WATTS

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
So you want to do unpractical tests at the expense of the tax payer...That doesn't sound so tax payer friendly. I don't see how your test measure if someone can do the job. Like I said no foot chase is going to last four miles, no one is going to have to dragg a body by themself for hundreds of feet. Lets implement real world tests and measurements. You are right I shouldn't have to work with substandard employees but the truth is we are all different with different skill sets.
Iam sure the cost of the bond is recovered in the cost of the job. Your local distric 16 says a journeyman painter makes $31 an hour, $35 for a taper. Good for those people who can make as much as they can. You don't see me bitching about the painter making 100 g's a year but good forbid if a cop breaks the 100 mark then eveyone wants to know why there is so much overtime.
I would say being in a shape is a big part of your job...I would also say draging a wounded officer out of the "the line of fire" is part of your job.
I wonder what the average income per full time worker is in CA... I know it can't be over 40k. So making a 100k a year is a very big deal.
I really wish I made 100k a year... I'm not even close to that. Infact I would bet that when I do my taxs this year I will have only made about 40-50k. I'm sure if I accounted for all my time I would bring home well under $20/hour. I took in ~ 230k, but thats not much when I know for a fact I have spent over 140k in matierals this year. Them came my employees, INS, taxs...
Look again at the pay scale for sacramento the base pay is $23.85 It went up on 10/1/06... I have not been on a "union" job since the start of the years. there is only 3 local union contractors... how it works now is if they hire you, they will vouch for your apprenaticeship( 4 years) and you can get in the union.
I don't know any smaller contractor that is making over 100k a year unless they are cheating some where.

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 11:50 PM
First off stop crying about having to pay ins and workmans comp and all that other stuff, THAT I HAVE TO PAY, NOONE MADE YOU BECOME A BUSINESS OWNER.
OK! so now you are making fun of my little house, its all I can afford on my salary.
Anytime you are in LA, I'll take you out, bring your diapers as I don't want any piss or shit on my front passenger's observer seat.
You may have seen a ghetto or two, but until you drive through SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES, you have not seen the real ghetto
DEFIANCE IS A WAY OF LIFE
SUCCESS IS ONLY A STREET
WELCOME TO WATTS
get it oked with your boss and I'll fly out tomarrow, but you have to fly out and work as one of my employees... I'll pay for the plane ticket...I'll even pay you my starting hourly wage.
I've already got a job lined up starting the 10th that I would love for you to come help me with... its not painting, but its more fun.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 11:52 PM
get it oked with your boss and I'll fly out tomarrow, but you have to fly out and work as one of my employees... I'll pay for the plane ticket...I'll even pay you my starting hourly wage.
I've already got a job lined up starting the 10th that I would love for you to come help me with... its not painting, but its more fun.
Trust me , YOU DONT WANT ME PAINTING ANYTHING, it will come out looking like something out of a KACHINA catalog

YeLLowBoaT
01-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Trust me , YOU DONT WANT ME PAINTING ANYTHING, it will come out looking like something out of a KACHINA catalog
LOL.... I'm a GC so I can do just about anything... this is not a painting job...its much, much better... it even has inspections and 3 sub contractors...

BRSTQUEST
01-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I would say being in a shape is a big part of your job...I would also say draging a wounded officer out of the "the line of fire" is part of your job.
I wonder what the average income per full time worker is in CA... I know it can't be over 40k. So making a 100k a year is a very big deal.
I really wish I made 100k a year... I'm not even close to that. Infact I would bet that when I do my taxs this year I will have only made about 40-50k. I'm sure if I accounted for all my time I would bring home well under $20/hour. I took in ~ 230k, but thats not much when I know for a fact I have spent over 140k in matierals this year. Them came my employees, INS, taxs...
Look again at the pay scale for sacramento the base pay is $23.85 It went up on 10/1/06... I have not been on a "union" job since the start of the years. there is only 3 local union contractors... how it works now is if they hire you, they will vouch for your apprenaticeship( 4 years) and you can get in the union.
I don't know any smaller contractor that is making over 100k a year unless they are cheating some where.
Beeing able to preform your job at its physical level is very important in law enforcement. Being able to run four miles in 30 minutes is an unpractical measure of real life job function. As for pulling a down partner out of the line of fire there is no exercise which can come close to that. The pulling is the least of the physical strain one is going to have to deal with in that situation. Maybe you can ask the partners of Mike Arruda, Jerry Ortiz or Steve Blair how they go them out of the line of fire??? Iam sure the pulling wasn't nearly as hard as seeing there partner and friend killed in the line of duty.
Hate to break it to you yellowboat but if I want to break a 100 large iam working an extra 50 hours a month and I also buy equipment, pay insurance and have other expensises.

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 12:16 AM
A journeymen made a little more then $6 more a hour then they do now now at $21.35/hr and that was in '78. Granted union does not mean shit these days... wow you make as much as I do and you don't have people shooting at you. I think you need a serious pay cut.
And more deaths happen per man hour in what proffession? oh wait sorry... cops are not even in the top 10...

acatitude
01-03-2007, 12:20 AM
yellow boat, you are way off base here, usually i like and agree with you but this time you stepped on your dick pal. everybody pisses and moans about cops giving tickets always all over here thats the bitch and they make to much money.
well #1 whats the value of risking there life for you yes you when you need them???? how many times you been shot at painting a house???
Back to when they get a burglar call and roll up not knowing whos who, so lets just say the bad guy takes a shot and runs, then he jumps over a fence while your chasing him....... now yellowboat tell me the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.......... would you go over that fence not knowing if he?she is just sitting there waiting??????????????????? im thinking NO..... bet you wouldnt even go in the backyard if a big doberman was there, youd have the owner tie it up............ well le goes over the wall pal evry time, because he is there to protect you. whats that worth in dollars????
it wasnt his house that got broke into or his wife who was raped or who had property stolen...... it was yours and you called and he came...... so **** all the piece of shit lousy drunk painters you worked with....... lay off the guys who protect you and yours when needed and yea they write a few tickets,, whats funny is no one deserved the ticket they got, but probably deserved a 100 they didnt get.... next time your wife gets raped call a union painter

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Beeing able to preform your job at its physical level is very important in law enforcement. Being able to run four miles in 30 minutes is an unpractical measure of real life job function. As for pulling a down partner out of the line of fire there is no exercise which can come close to that. The pulling is the least of the physical strain one is going to have to deal with in that situation. Maybe you can ask the partners of Mike Arruda, Jerry Ortiz or Steve Blair how they go them out of the line of fire??? Iam sure the pulling wasn't nearly as hard as seeing there partner and friend killed in the line of duty.
Hate to break it to you yellowboat but if I want to break a 100 large iam working an extra 50 hours a month and I also buy equipment, pay insurance and have other expensises.
ok you want a test that is directly relatied to the job... lets go to the local biker bar and find a nice 200+lb drunk biker and have them arrest them. lets see how many can do that by themselfs. I would say that is a real world skill. or better yet lets go to north sac and find a 120lb tweaker and have them arrest them...

acatitude
01-03-2007, 12:24 AM
and you know how I hate stickin up for them dam dcb wacker boys:D

acatitude
01-03-2007, 12:28 AM
ok you want a test that is directly relatied to the job... lets go to the local biker bar and find a nice 200+lb drunk biker and have them arrest them. lets see how many can do that by themselfs. I would say that is a real world skill. or better yet lets go to north sac and find a 120lb tweaker and have them arrest them...
god yellowboat your so full of shit.......... these days you dont have to do it yourself, aint that great you get to call all those other 100k a year guys to help ya, lol............... your getting outa wack YB...thats why you get a batoon and gun and mace and all that trick shit.... so I guess you can paint my doorjam in 2 minutes with a tooth brush huh??? get real bud

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I agree, but they are paid to do those types of things and paid very well compared to most ppl.
I have not been shot at, but I have been robbed 3x at gun point while working. How many cops do you know that have actaully been shot at?
For the most part every time I have ever need a cop they have ether, never shown up or not done anything when they got there. then again I am in sac county and the sheriffs here don't do much...

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 12:38 AM
god yellowboat your so full of shit.......... these days you dont have to do it yourself, aint that great you get to call all those other 100k a year guys to help ya, lol............... your getting outa wack YB...thats why you get a batoon and gun and mace and all that trick shit.... so I guess you can paint my doorjam in 2 minutes with a tooth brush huh??? get real bud
That entire post was supose to be sarcastic...I guess it didn't transfer to well over the internet...

BRSTQUEST
01-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. North sac wouldn't even come close to an average station area for the department I work for. Its not about kicking the crap out of people its about doing the job. If I want to bust every head I would do it so no one saw it coming, flashlight to the head, baton to the leg maybe even a cap in the ass but its not about that. I think you have watched one to many movies or seen an extra episode of TJ Hooker.
If a female officer is able to talk a drunk into the back of her car does that make her less of a cop, I say NO, it just makes her smarter. I try not to use force when I arrest someone, its not healthy for me or the other person. I have never professed to be a world class asskicker so I don't see why this came up.
And for cops not beeing in the top 10 so what...When was the last time you saw a painter killed by a can he was trying to open. When was the last time you heard a construction worker was murdered by his toolbelt. Remember the top ten die in accidents, cops die at the hands of others. I'd like to see you paint a wall if it shot at you. Better yet lets take you to the local bar and see if you can paint a drunk biker by yourself.

acatitude
01-03-2007, 12:49 AM
paid very well???? whats your idea of well???? 70-80 a year, thats prettty ave until your a 3 stripe or more. my financial planner makes more then that. I have state employee friends making that much pushing paper.
how many do I know that have been shot at???? Id say over 50% of the ones i know. and 2 arent here any more.
and they were protecting someone they didn't even know. would you paint my house iif you thought there might be a chance you wouldn't go home that day??? and for what amount??
LE does it every day... you only see them drinking coffee and writing tickets. ever kicked in a door and had 47 rounds fired at you from drug dealers????? evr walked behind a liquor store and faced a guy with a shot gun aimed at you? ever walked in a house and had shots fired at you?? ever stopped a car and been shot at?? ever chased a known murderer in the dark??? ever driven down the street in a black and white(target colors) car and heard the bullets bouncing off fenders?? ever driven down a street cuzz some one was shot and had a sniper shooting at you from the roof???
when you have let me know and we will talk further about being well paid and the stress of whos going to give a shit about there wife and kids if they dont come home....

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 01:03 AM
When the average pay per person in CA is around 40k a year, 70-80k would be paid well. Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding from the cops I know is that they want to be there.
As far as not coming home at night... ever one takes a risk of that every time they step out the door. There are far more dangrous jobs out there then being a cop, so that is not really a valid comparson.
heres a link...most dangorus jobs, in 2005. (http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/16/pf/2005_most_dangerous_jobs/index.htm)

acatitude
01-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Yb. your just not getting it or admitting it, but thats ok, I know you understand it.........
and I guess the average job is worth 40k a year.
Oil riggers make well over 100k.... wonder why???
Go live in LA for a year, youll have a different perspective I think other then cozy sac, although its getting bad here now but will never compare to lets say south central LA, compton, inglewood....
later dude

BRSTQUEST
01-03-2007, 01:12 AM
When the average pay per person in CA is around 40k a year, 70-80k would be paid well. Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding from the cops I know is that they want to be there.
As far as not coming home at night... ever one takes a risk of that every time they step out the door. There are far more dangrous jobs out there then being a cop, so that is not really a valid comparson.
You are very right, I signed up, I stay and I want to be there....Each and everynight when you snuggle into your soft bed I strap on the tools of my trade and wonder if it is the night someone is going to try and kill me. Some people probably wonder why if I think this how come I continue to do it. They only answer I can give is it is a calling. I have a stronger than normal sense of right and wrong and I enjoy the team aspect. This may sound corney but I think god wanted me to be a cop. I have never bashed someone for doing a job and I never will.
And for the danger comment you might be right. There may be more dangerous jobs but I am not sure. Like I said before each one of those jobs is dangerous for accidential deaths. You give me one example of the lumber jack who was murdered just for being a lumberjack...You show me one example of a fisherman who was murdered just for being a fisherman.

Ultracrazy
01-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Should I bring the records of those that have lost their lifes in the line of duty? You couldn't pay them enough to justify their sacarfice.

acatitude
01-03-2007, 01:27 AM
as far as pay heres the median across the united states for patrol officer city and sheriff
1-4 years 38k
5-9 years 48k
10-19 years 53k
20 plus 60k
median salary in Los Angeles is 59k a year for patrol officer
sounds pretty average to me YB
starting pay for new york city cop after graduating academy is 32k.....

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 01:30 AM
average pay in the US last year was 32k per household so its above average per person. Plus you have to add bennies on top of that, most workers in the US do not have them.

acatitude
01-03-2007, 01:39 AM
geez Yb a minute ago it was 40k ave now its down to 32 and no bennies, what will you make it in 5 minutes.... Give it up bud your just getting mad now and don't want to admit you were wrong....... I still want to see ya paint that 200lb biker dude by yourself,:D :D lol.......... I totally agree not to many people could arrest anyone one on one if they resisted without force. but newspapers and reporters live on sensationalism and cops get a bad rap when people see shit on TV, especially when its edited......
and im going to bed now but just think if there werent cops around and we went back to the wild wild west, how would you like that???? im bettin not to many people would have to worry about retirement lol, hell we would all get shot by 40 yrs old for something or some jealous hubbie or boyfriend and we would never have been able to hear ratso's wonderful stories of love. he would have for sure been shot by now.

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 01:49 AM
In ca the average income is about 40k in the US last year the average household income was 32k.
Give me a airless and I'll paint anyone... up close it would be deadly... 2500-3500 psi thru a tip tht is .011 to .023" will kill.
I saw a guy throw it over his shoulder coming down a latter and truned around and leaned on the latter... it filled his ass with paint. they actually had to take a a cheack off. :eek: The report we got from the super was the paint went to the bone.
I actaully think cops need to beat ppl more... no BS... there are some things that should bring a ass kicking...
I have a unlce that can no longer work in law enforcement do to what he did to some one... I'm still amazed he did not kill the guy out right... I would have.

Jbb
01-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Bang,bang,bang,bang.... (http://www.break.com/index/i_think_he_would_opted_for_a_tazer.html)

Moneypitt
01-03-2007, 07:16 AM
YB, the physical tests you want to give prospective employees is about as practical as the physical parts of a Field Sobriety test. Both are way out of line with reality..........MP

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Remember the top ten die in accidents,
Someone screwed up
cops die at the hands of others.
They were murdered by someone
That about sums that one up, Big difference...

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=blowncarrera;2321321]
LE does it every day... you only see them drinking coffee and writing tickets.QUOTE]
Hey, that was below the belt.....:D

acatitude
01-03-2007, 09:02 AM
yea right next to the donut....:D

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 09:09 AM
yea right next to the donut....:D
Thats old school,
Im more refined,
BAGELS AND CREAM CHEESE

SurfOnH20
01-03-2007, 09:31 AM
I think deep down inside Yellow wants to be a cop..Holding a paint brush is not all that fun...

gunslinger
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Yellowboat, you have no clue when it comes to law enforcement. I see things on a nightly basis that civilians cannot comprehend. Every shift as a cop may be your last. As time goes by, the images of what you have seen and situations where you could have eaisly lost your life dont just fade away. I've had people die in front of my eyes, most in tragic violent ways. I've held victims of domestic violence that were gasping for air with a knife protruding from their ribs and their face shattered. I've fought with people that were not going to return to prison at any cost and did not care if I returned to my baby daughter and my wife. These events do not even begin to scratch the surface of my law enforcement career. Im sure there will be a price to pay as this is not what the normal person experiences when they go off to work. The reason I do this job is I feel I can make a difference in the quality of life for people that have no idea of what I have done for them. When I arrest the parollee with the gun and send that person back to prison, it just prevented a normal person walking the street from becoming a victim. That person will never know that. Mabey that person could be you and yours. You will never know. I have also written tickets. I have a personal rule I follow as to how the stop will go. I always ask this simple question. "Do you know why you have been stopped?" Ninety percent of the people say no. Ninety percent of the people are cited for the violation. You can have a say about how Cops do their jobs when you join the force, graduate the academy, pass probation, pay your dues, hopefull not be killed, and last promote to become a supervisor. Good luck to you and be carefull painting out there.

LOWRIVER2
01-03-2007, 10:45 AM
This yellowboat guy and Shaken Not Stirred have a lot in common in regards to their thoughts on public servants. Where is that part time boat salesman for ole yellar's backup/lol?
Hey, you have your right to your opinion yellowboat, this site has plenty of opinions that are like Aholes, and they come from both private, and govt. paid mouths.
Thought this thread was supposed to be a joke anyways, certainly turned into one.
Don't let the leaving California sign smack you on your backside on your way out of town.

clownpuncher
01-03-2007, 12:59 PM
This thread is gay. For all y'all anti-cop experts who ain't got a clue, I got something for ya.......use it in good health. Dumb f ucks.
..http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536cluepon.jpg

Biglue
01-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I actaully think cops need to beat ppl more... no BS... there are some things that should bring a ass kicking...
Next time you get pulled over, get just as irate as you did in this thread and remind them you sign their checks and I think they may just abide.
I have a unlce that can no longer work in law enforcement do to what he did to some one... I'm still amazed he did not kill the guy out right... I would have.
And if your uncle is no longer a cop, it's probably for good reasons. He was a cop not a judge, jury or executioner. I don't understand how sharing that last comment was going to help your argument any. LOL

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Funny how most of the ppl that have taken offence to what I have said are cops... What did I hit to close to home?
You can say and think what you want about me... I really could careless. Fact is I vote, I write letter, I make phone calls. That is my right as an American, if you have a prob with that, DEAL WITH IT.

probablecause
01-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Most of the siren related crap that you see on tv after the vehicle has been put in park and the siren is still yelping away is East of here. Hugely poplular in the Midwest, South, and Southeast.

ratso
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I think what a few of you "cop bashers" fail to consider is how many of these cops have families that love them, wives, kids, moms, dads. Sure, some may be assholes as in any profession, yet they lay their lives on the line every day for the rest of us. They don't make laws, they enforce them... that's it. I am sure it is in the back of their families minds every day also if they are going to see them again at the end of the day. My cousin works for Waco PD, has won many awards as far as athletic events and sharp shooter events, works out religiously, and is one of the nicest people you could ever meet in your life, and I would put any one of you pricks up against him that would even care to have the balls to spew some of this shit to his face... oh wait, most of you seem to be jet boaters so you'd just claim police brutality... Internet tough guys...lmfao.
He has a son and two beautiful daughters, and has even considered going to Iraq with some kind of special forces deal, in his mind, defending his country... but I'd personally rather shit on some of you idiots than defend you. I along with my uncle (his dad) has been talking him out of it ever since he got this idea in his head, and tellin him to think about his kids and being around for them. He is more like a "Super Cop" to me, and has gotten in trouble in the past for running down felons and drug dealers on foot, not worrying about what could happen to himself, but more so to help clean the streets of this CRAP that's out there... you know, cop bashers also... I tell you what, I love my cousin, he's my workout partner, my best friend, he may as well be my brother, and I'd absolutely die if anything happened to him. I've seen people come on here and bash Kilrtoy and a few other cops, and even I have gotten cross in the past... and then I thought about what I was saying and how wrong I was. Maybe some of you idiots should do the same...

Keith E. Sayre
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Regardless of what anyone says, I'm dam happy that you
police/sheriff/firemen etc are out there. Unfortunate that
a few screwups occasionally make the rest of you look bad.
My experience having met alot of them here at work, at the lake and at the wrong end of the speeding ticket has
been nothing short of positive.
If I'm feeling threatened, I'm quite sure that the sounds of
a siren coming will be the most comforting sounds on earth. It takes a certain person to kick down the door
of a drug house, approach a gang bangers car in the dark or run into a burning building looking for survivors.
Like I said, I'm glad you're there and so are the majority of Americans.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not big on cop shows but I've found some of the cop reality footage quite interesting. The thing that knocks me on my ass is how stupid some people can be. Much of it is so ridiculous I would not believe it, if I were told by an officer without video to back it up.

Flyinbowtie
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I find it interesting that people think that cameras in police cars are a huge issue. If memory serves, about 99% of the police work I did in my 25 years didn't happen in view of the windshield.
People have a right to their opinions on police work, and the ole' "Pay your salary line" has always been amusing. I worked in a small rural county where most police officers can't afford to live within 25 miles of the employing agency, and the median income for law enforcement is far below that of the community.
Generally, I don't respond to comments that are without basis in fact, but I'm having a bad day and my back is killing me. So, here are some facts. I know because I LIVED THEM.
Did the dummy drag and a comparative run every 4 months to qualify.
I cannot count the number of tweakers, cooks, bikers etc, I arrested, alone or with a team.
Certified Rangemaster, Sig Sauer Armorer, Master Pistol qualification, Police Shotgun Instructor, etc. Certified SWAT Sniper.
Most Law enforcement officers are at least as experienced.
B.S. in Criminal Justice. Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Supervisory POST Certificates.
Most LEO are at least as educated.
Three Commendations for bravery, one Silver Star for lifesaving. One award from the local VFW for Officer Of the Year.
Most LEO are at least as brave and decorated
At 48, I am completely disabled. A shattered tailbone, two artificial discs implanted in my spine, loss of motion in my left leg, and god only knows what awaits my future. Income has been cut by about 55%.
Most LEO face a similiar future.
Our glorious retirement? The primary source of that retirement in California for peace officers is CALPERS. Annually, they reevaluate the actuarials to determine how long they will pay cops after retirement. It helps them determine what their investment goals need to be.
The numbers don't lie. The average cop in this state lives exactly 3 years after retiring "young and healthy" at perhaps 55.
Given the chance, I'd do it all again. The vast majority of us don't get into the business for the money(becasue there isn't any) or the glory, ( it is meaningless) the do it serve their community.
Even the part of the comminuty who always seems to know how they could do it better, but have no interest in really doing so, by joining the team.
Even the part of the community who's critical expertise comes from a couple of traffic stops or a lifetime of watching network news.
Even the ...
Oh, well. rant off. I keep trying to remind myself that I was supposed to give up trying to reach the unreachable the day I was forced to retire.

Jbb
01-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I think what a few of you "cop bashers" fail to consider is how many of these cops have families that love them, wives, kids, moms, dads. Sure, some may be assholes as in any profession, yet they lay their lives on the line every day for the rest of us. They don't make laws, they enforce them... that's it. I am sure it is in the back of their families minds every day also if they are going to see them again at the end of the day. My cousin works for Waco PD, has won many awards as far as athletic events and sharp shooter events, works out religiously, and is one of the nicest people you could ever meet in your life, and I would put any one of you pricks up against him that would even care to have the balls to spew some of this shit to his face... oh wait, most of you seem to be jet boaters so you'd just claim police brutality... Internet tough guys...lmfao.
He has a son and two beautiful daughters, and has even considered going to Iraq with some kind of special forces deal, in his mind, defending his country... but I'd personally rather shit on some of you idiots than defend you. I along with my uncle (his dad) has been talking him out of it ever since he got this idea in his head, and tellin him to think about his kids and being around for them. He is more like a "Super Cop" to me, and has gotten in trouble in the past for running down felons and drug dealers on foot, not worrying about what could happen to himself, but more so to help clean the streets of this CRAP that's out there... you know, cop bashers also... I tell you what, I love my cousin, he's my workout partner, my best friend, he may as well be my brother, and I'd absolutely die if anything happened to him. I've seen people come on here and bash Kilrtoy and a few other cops, and even I have gotten cross in the past... and then I thought about what I was saying and how wrong I was. Maybe some of you idiots should do the same...
Ratso...your ex wife called......she said to tell you to take your Thorazine....stop mentioning jetboats and shut up....:D

Jbb
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
The thing that knocks me on my ass is Jbb
You asked for it...Brown....:D

gunslinger
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Funny how most of the ppl that have taken offence to what I have said are cops... What did I hit to close to home?
You can say and think what you want about me... I really could careless. Fact is I vote, I write letter, I make phone calls. That is my right as an American, if you have a prob with that, DEAL WITH IT.
You go girl......:rolleyes:

Dribble
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I
My next door neighbor is a house painter. Four kids, million dollar house in Granite Bay, new Escalade for the wife, new 100k swimming pool, 2 classic mustangs, motorcycles and quads for each kid, boat, His income is about 65K a year acording to his tax statements. I know he needs about 15k month just to meet expenses.

YeLLowBoaT
01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
My next door neighbor is a house painter. Four kids, million dollar house in Granite Bay, new Escalade for the wife, new 100k swimming pool, 2 classic mustangs, motorcycles and quads for each kid, boat, His income is about 65K a year acording to his tax statements. I know he needs about 15k month just to meet expenses.
Thats a audit just waiting to happen...I know a few like that...

Boatcop
01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
That's why they give us TASERS.
And yes. I've taken down several 200 lb+ biker types. Psycho tweakers. Angry drunk wives. Inebriated boaters. etc. All 5'10, 170 lbs of me. Sometimes by force. Sometimes by Spark. Mostly by persuasion.
It's amazing how quickly they'll back down when you tell them they ARE going to jail. But it's their decision if they're going to have to stop by the Emergency Room first.

Moneypitt
01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
That's why they give us TASERS.
It's amazing how quickly they'll back down when you tell them they ARE going to jail. But it's their decision if they're going to have to stop by the Emergency Room first.
I really have to laugh at the TV shows that have suspects fighting to stay out of cuffs with 3,4,5,6 cops on them. What are they thinking? At that point just put your damm hands behind your back and try to remember some bail bondsmens phone number. Nothing to be gained by fighting, except brusies and bumps to nurse once you get to the lock up!..........MP
PS: That is what I was told..........

clownpuncher
01-03-2007, 04:50 PM
And you figure that how? Just wondering.

Nord
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Guess nobody read my post on page one.....

Wet Dream
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
WOW. I created this thread after watching a marathon of some sort of Cop program on Court TV. It started as merely a humorous attempt of pointing out things that went visually wrong for the viewer. I enjoy watching the cop shows, as a former CJ student, it still has my interest.