PDA

View Full Version : Ford Day of mourning - Tuesday heads-up

C-2
01-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Most federal government offices and courts will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 2, for a national day of mourning in honor of President Ford. U.S. financial markets will be closed, and there will be no regular mail delivery.

phebus
01-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I heard the banks will be closed also. I hope not, I am waiting on a bank transfer.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-02-2007, 07:36 AM
You are kidding me. I don't remember everything being closed when Reagan died. Was it???? I haven't had mail since the 23rd. I need to take care of some things. And furthermore, are all of these people getting paid with tax dollars to get the day off?
Don't get me wrong, Ford was a good man, but to shut down the government for a whole day is a little much.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I heard the banks will be closed also. I hope not, I am waiting on a bank transfer.
DONT WORRY, the Cayman Islands are always up and running:D

C-2
01-02-2007, 07:57 AM
You are kidding me. I don't remember everything being closed when Reagan died. Was it???? I haven't had mail since the 23rd. I need to take care of some things. And furthermore, are all of these people getting paid with tax dollars to get the day off?
Don't get me wrong, Ford was a good man, but to shut down the government for a whole day is a little much.
I was scrolling the news, trying to figure out when this fawkin wind is gonna go away, saw it and was like WTF?

gqchris
01-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Great, no mail. Guess we just have to wait another day while the govt employees enjoy a 4 day weekend. What the heck, take another day and make it a nickel.