PDA

View Full Version : Tom Papp stickers

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Im not usually the one to sport a sticker but I would really like to get ahold of a sticker. Maybe something like "RIP Tom Papp Racing 19??-2007" or something in that nature. We could get them to look like his origional stickers. Whatcha guys think?????

Wicked Performance Boats
01-02-2007, 10:18 AM
We'll buy one! BL

Wet Dream
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
What did the originals look like?

BUSBY
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm sure we'll come up with something ...
the old school one's looked like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2358papp_sticker.jpg
he used to put them on the reverse buckets

460 jus getn it
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Ill sport one. Just another way to pay tribute to him.

dmontzsta
01-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Did Tom pass away? or close the company?:confused:

Bottle Fed
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
i just a bit ago talked to moneysucker and we are coming up with a in memory sticker for tommy. We will let you guys know when they are ready. I figured something like this "In Loving memory of Tom Papp" with the year and a small siloette of a stealth.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Im game for that;) Keep us posted!!!! maybe we can get a moderator to make that thread a sticky sice tom was a huge asset to the jetboat guys....

Vin-Dog
01-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Im not usually the one to sport a sticker but I would really like to get ahold of a sticker. Maybe something like "RIP Tom Papp Racing 19??-2007" or something in that nature. We could get them to look like his origional stickers. Whatcha guys think?????
Yo MJ,
I have a good friend here in town that can do these. Just need to come up with the TPR logo or something to work with. Just let me know Mike and we can go from there.

460 jus getn it
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Yo MJ,
I have a good friend here in town that can do these. Just need to come up with the TPR logo or something to work with. Just let me know Mike and we can go from there.
Good looking out.

jetboatperformance
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Admirable thoughts guys!! let me know if I can help. Tommy spent a half hour with me on the phone last week,Great guy ! He will be missed !
How bout give some thought to maybe a NJBA "class" trophy sponser in his honor if they would allow it ?? I think it might do TP Proud ! I can put you in touch with the guy. I'll be happy to Kick in Tom@JBP

tazster
01-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I would like to say GOODBYE to my best freind the man i looked up to and even though he was really not my brother inlaw for the last eight years that is the way we felt about each other " Pappy i am going to miss you my brother" thanks for all the memories and the good times you will never be forgotten and you will allways be loved thanks for the great time at your house last night we had a great time .... REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER..
love always warren:::confused: :cry: :angry2:

jdf
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
i want one ......rip tom you are a great man to the jetting world

advantage21
01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Tom Was A Great Guy Did Not Know Him Like Most Of You But Did Some Awesome Work On My Pump And Boat Always Honest It's Sad To Hear Of His Passing. If Someone Comes Up And Makes Some Stickers I Would Purchase A Few.

BUSBY
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
i just a bit ago talked to moneysucker and we are coming up with a in memory sticker for tommy. We will let you guys know when they are ready. I figured something like this "In Loving memory of Tom Papp" with the year and a small siloette of a stealth.
OK ... so when are you and Cy gonna post up a proof of the new sticker? I want a few!

Nucking futs
01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
OK ... so when are you and Cy gonna post up a proof of the new sticker? I want a few!
Ditto,
I know Cy don't work that hard. :D
I would like a few as well.

beerjet
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
very sad to hear of toms passing . Really a huge loss. Are these stichers gonna go on the buckets or what . I'll need at least two.
-beerjet-

1slowboat
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I would'nt mind having a couple myself....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Are these stichers gonna go on the buckets or what . I'll need at least two.
-beerjet-
Good idea!!! I would love to have one on my bucket as well

watergun4u
01-02-2007, 10:50 PM
really sorry to hrere about toms passing, i would love to have at least 3 or more, i have done alot of biz with him, through the companys i worked for, we got alot of parts and advise from him, that man will be missed much!!!!!!!!! Please email me with details!!!!!!!!

BrendellaJet
01-03-2007, 06:52 AM
count me in for a few. Bucket stickers sound good to.

Bottle Fed
01-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Cy was working on them last night. I will talk to him today about a smaller size for the buckets as well. I'm hoping to have a grip of them ready for this weekend. Cy and I will keep you guys posted.
Jeff

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Admirable thoughts guys!! let me know if I can help. Tommy spent a half hour with me on the phone last week,Great guy ! He will be missed !
How bout give some thought to maybe a NJBA "class" trophy sponser in his honor if they would allow it ?? I think it might do TP Proud ! I can put you in touch with the guy. I'll be happy to Kick in Tom@JBP
i think thats a great idea. Tom was very modest about all his accomplishments in his racing career. i cant think of a better way to show tribute to one of the biggest legends in the industry. Tom if you have the # ill try to set it up. give me a call if you get a chance.
Shawn
928-208-0291

jetboatperformance
01-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Shawn just got of the phone with Willis (NJBA) He was very enthusiatic and said this hadn't been done to his knowledge but thought it was a great Idea we just need to pick a "Class" and an engraving I belive the fee is $150.00 I'm in .Let me Know what you think maybe throw it out there for the ideas Comp Jet etc also whats on the engraving.... Tom
Im on the road this morning call my cell if you need to get a hold of me:)

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Shawn just got of the phone with Willis (NJBA) He was very enthusiatic and said this hadn't been done to his knowledge but thought it was a great Idea we just need to pick a "Class" and an engraving I belive the fee is $150.00 I'm in .Let me Know what you think maybe throw it out there for the ideas Comp Jet etc also whats on the engraving.... Tom
Im on the road this morning call my cell if you need to get a hold of me:)
cool i was going to try to call willis as well im in ill pay half or all it dont matter to me. im not to sure on the compjet class but i will look in to a few things. i lost your cell all i have is your shop
Shawn

BUSBY
01-03-2007, 08:59 AM
It should be Blown Gas Jet as that was Tommy's specialty IMO ... and I'll pitch in as well, but I already told Willis that.
BB

Willis
01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
January 3, 2007
Hello People,
The dead line for trophy sponsor is coming up quickly.
I will make a post of all the people donated to Tom's Memory.
Please make all checks payable to:
NJBA
C/O Willis Johns
14920 Harvard Blvd
Gardna, CA 90247
310-483-5267

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 10:36 AM
January 3, 2007
Hello People,
The dead line for trophy sponsor is coming up quickly.
I will make a post of all the people donated to Tom's Memory.
Please make all checks payable to:
NJBA
C/O Willis Johns
14920 Harvard Blvd
Gardna, CA 90247
310-483-5267
Willis can you call me? i tried calling but your mailbox is full. i wasnted to know what the $150 includes and if there was anyway to make this last as long as NJBA does and what it would take.
thanks
Shawn
928-208-0291

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
It should be Blown Gas Jet as that was Tommy's specialty IMO ... and I'll pitch in as well, but I already told Willis that.
BB
I think Brian is right BGJ..

thisoldman
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Please let me know when and where these stickers will be available. I'm good for a dozen or so.
Skip

Bottle Fed
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm making progress on the stickers. I'm planning on the stickers being done by next week some time. Moneysuckers is sending the art work to the sticker guy (triton imaging)that i use for my high volumn orders. I found out this afternoon that a burial fund is being set up for Tommy. Tommys friends and I are doing fund raising stuff such as the stickers and the TPR calendars that I did for him this year. All proceeds are going to reimburse his mother that picked up the cost of his burial. The stickers will cost $10 each and the calendars are $20 each or 3 for $50. For those of you that may not know I have been doing calendars for Tommy for the last 4 years that feature race and river boats that he is associated to. This years 2007 calendar has over 70 pictures in it and 26 of those are large pics. Thanks for any and all help, Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff

screamdreambrad
01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
everybody should buy a calander! they are bitchin!:)

78CoLe
01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
bottlefed how do i go about getting one of those calenders ill take one thanks

advantage21
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
i would also like a calander and a half a dozen stickers let me know thanks.

Jet Hydro
01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I own a sign shop that does stickers so I could do em for cost. let me know and I`ll post something tomorrow after noon.
RIP Tom.......................

Bottle Fed
01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I own a sign shop that does stickers so I could do em for cost. let me know and I`ll post something tomorrow after noon.
RIP Tom.......................
Thanks jet hydro for the offer but I already have my sticker guy that I've been using for years doing them for cost. I really appreciate the off though.

Bottle Fed
01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
bottlefed how do i go about getting one of those calenders ill take one thanks
i would also like a calander and a half a dozen stickers let me know thanks.
Their is several options you guys can get the stickers and calendars.
1. I will have the stickers and calendars available at tommys memorial next weekend,
2. I will leave a bunch of them at tommys shop and can be picked up from there. There are calendars all ready there but I'm not sure how many are left right now.
3. If these options don't work I can mail them with a bit more to cover the mailing. stickers will be cheap to mail but the 13 month calendars are a bit thick and cost a bit more to mail. If you want them mailed all I need is your address to send them to and you can send a check to me (jeff Becker). My address is
3798 Carol ln.
Ramona, CA 92065
I am also planning on having them at the first njba race too. Thanks for the interest in them and as many of you already know Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff

BrendellaJet
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
can we see a proof?

Bottle Fed
01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I dont have the art work but it be like this. The "in loving memory" will be arched with a tpr stealth below the arch and below that will be the years 1953-2007. I will see if I can get my hands on the artwork to show you.

Sweet Cruz
01-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Can we come by our house to pic them up?

Bottle Fed
01-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Can we come by our house to pic them up?
I suppose for you can since you drive by my house everyday. LOL

moneysucker
01-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I sent the sticker vector art to Triton Imaging today. They have "In Loving Memory Of" Arched over the top of the Stealth Silhoette that I recently created with "Tom Papp" In the font used for his stickers for the Tom Papp Racing Stickers which was taken from his Tom Papp Racing tattoo. and the years 1953-2007 at the bottom. I may be able to post up pix soon.

cave
01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Nice tribute guys! Is PayPal gunna work for these???

Bottle Fed
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Nice tribute guys! Is PayPal gunna work for these???
i dont have a pay pal account. I've been thinking about it and will probably will have one soon though.

dumbandyoung
01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
keep me poted.. ill buy one.. even a shirt

cave
01-05-2007, 06:51 PM
BottleFed, PayPal, its simple and safe. You could set up an new bank account just for this so monies dont intermingle. Im in for a few Stickers wheather you get one or not. Just post when your ready.

advantage21
01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Bottle Fed sent u a pm

78CoLe
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
thanks bottlefed ill pick some up at tommys service ps who do i give the donations for his family too when im down there

Bottle Fed
01-06-2007, 09:55 AM
thanks bottlefed ill pick some up at tommys service ps who do i give the donations for his family too when im down there
The family and I will have something setup there. After the service you will probably find me at a table displaying the stickers and calendars.

TaylorJet
01-06-2007, 12:05 PM
let us know when stickers can be ordered, thanks

Bottle Fed
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
let us know when stickers can be ordered, thanks
You guys can start ordering now cause I've started a list of orders as of yesterday from pm's that I've gotten. As you guys order them it gives me an idea of how many to order from my printer. So please let me know who wants how many. Thanks guys cause every penny counts for helping out the family.
Jeff

zipper
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Do I order it through you if so
let me know what Ineed to do;)

Bottle Fed
01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Their is several options you guys can get the stickers and calendars.
1. I will have the stickers and calendars available at tommys memorial next weekend,
2. I will leave a bunch of them at tommys shop and can be picked up from there. There are calendars all ready there but I'm not sure how many are left right now.
3. If these options don't work I can mail them with a bit more to cover the mailing. stickers will be cheap to mail but the 13 month calendars are a bit thick and cost a bit more to mail. If you want them mailed all I need is your address to send them to and you can send a check to me (jeff Becker). My address is
3798 Carol ln.
Ramona, CA 92065
I am also planning on having them at the first njba race too. Thanks for the interest in them and as many of you already know Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff
Do I order it through you if so
let me know what Ineed to do;)
here are the options above. thanks zipper

zipper
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I will mail a check out to you first thing
monday morning.;)

Bottle Fed
01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Here's what they will look like or close to it. This is the design that money sucker came up with. They maybe a bit different to save some cost. the stickers will be probably be a printed sticker vs. a die cut sticker because of cost and time frame. I guarantee that the quality will be awesome
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21447&stc=1&d=1168129969

dumbandyoung
01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's what they will look like or close to it. This is the design that money sucker came up with. They maybe a bit different to save some cost. the stickers will be probably be a printed sticker vs. a die cut sticker because of cost and time frame. I guarantee that the quality will be awesome
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21447&stc=1&d=1168129969
when can i get one?

Bigern
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Very nice:)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Im game, sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryJane Rottenkrotch
01-07-2007, 09:28 PM
There will be a donation box at the service for those who wish to give directly to Tom's family. Checks can be made payable to the Tom Papp Memorial Fund that is located within this site. Thanks for the questions, any more feel free to ask.

Bottle Fed
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Im game, sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what are you game for? stickers, calendars or both.
Jeff

tazster
01-08-2007, 12:51 AM
jeff,
would you please call me when you get a min my number is 951-264-4037 thanks bud yours truly warren.

Moose
01-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm in for two stickers, I will be sending you a money order and a self addressed stamped envelope. What size envelope do I need to send you for the stickers?. Is this O.K.?
Moose

Bottle Fed
01-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm in for two stickers, I will be sending you a money order and a self addressed stamped envelope. What size envelope do I need to send you for the stickers?. Is this O.K.?
Moose
don't worry about sending an envelope, I have sturdy cardboard ones to protect the stickers and calendars from damage. Thanks for the help Moose.
Jeff

Bottle Fed
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
What an awesome day it was yesterday. It was great to see the support for the family as well as the amount of people that came to say good by to our beloved friend(among many other adjetives) Tom Papp. More great news is that with the sales of stickers, calendars, other related stuff and with the donations that came to me for marianne (Toms mother) we raised over $5000 to help her with the bills that have came about. I applaud all of the contributers and I wish you all could see her face when we handed that to her. It was amazing. I don't know exactly what the amount will be to cover the expenses but I know we have helped alot. Lets keep up the awesome work and once again I and his family thank all of you.
Jeff

Bottle Fed
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
due to the overwelming demand for the calendars yesterday(sold all 50 printed and have 40 more ordered to be printed and mailed) there will be a small delay on getting them out for those of you that ordered them over this tread. As soon as they are printed and I receive payment I will send them out. I should have the calendars and stickers in the mail by the end of this week. Thanks for the support.
jeff

moneysucker
01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
due to the overwelming demand for the calendars yesterday(sold all 50 printed and have 40 more ordered to be printed and mailed) there will be a small delay on getting them out for those of you that ordered them over this tread. As soon as they are printed and I receive payment I will send them out. I should have the calendars and stickers in the mail by the end of this week. Thanks for the support.
jeff
Jeff,
Thank you so much for all your work to help Toms family to cope with this loss and giving us all the opportunity to give back to someone who has given so much. I truely appreciate the time and sacrifice you have made to make this happen and want to say thank you.
Cy

Bottle Fed
01-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Jeff,
Thank you so much for all your work to help Toms family to cope with this loss and giving us all the opportunity to give back to someone who has given so much. I truely appreciate the time and sacrifice you have made to make this happen and want to say thank you.
Cy
This it the type of stuff that Tommy did on a daily basis. It was the least I could do. I just enjoyed watching the friends and family that enjoyed the stickers and calendars. Long live the legend
Jeff