PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Tahoe, Yukon, & Denali: Any thoughts?

InKahntrol
01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey All,
After months of deliberating and foot-dragging, I'm finally ready to step up and buy a new daily driver/tow vehicle. My 2000 Silverado has been a great ride with zero problems, but I want something new and my new job requires something that can haul people in comfort.
I'm considering either a new Tahoe LT3, LTZ, or possibly a Yukon Denali if I can make the numbers work. I actually like the Chevy grill and the Tahoe's cylinder deactivation technology a lot, but the Yukon's 380hp and 6-speed trans is pretty cool.
Does anyone have thoughts on either of these vehicles? Positives and/or negatives? Is the Denali or LTZ worth the extra money?
Thanks,
Dan

stickers
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
howdy,
been driving an 07 Tahoe LT since March. I love it. if you have not driven one yet go and you'll be an owner. rides like a caddy and quiet.
couldnt see spending the coin for the LTZ.(only dif was sun roof and nav.) Getting between 18 and 20 mpg on the hiway. Havent towed boat yet but does well enuff on a 20' enclosed car hauler with a streetrod in it.
stickers

squirt'nmyload
01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
my denali isn't an '07 but mine tows my 18ft jet effortlessly and i've towed my friends 22ft ski boat no problem with the 6.0

Schiada Time
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Dan- Why not go with a 2007 Silverado? They are nice trucks and you still get the pickup bed with room to carry clients and family. By the way this is Travis from StreetTrucks mag.

InKahntrol
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Hey Travis, good to hear from ya! I didn't recognize the new handle. I actually really like the new Silverado, I drove one a few weeks ago and walked away impressed. The thing is, I have a rinky-dink garage, and a quad cab shortbox is a super tight fit. The shorter wheelbase Tahoe fits better, and is still utilitarian enough to haul most of the stuff I need to move around.
Plus, I have a funny feeling in 2007 my girlfriend will turn into my fiance, and she'll inherit the SUV while I move onto something else. That's half the reason I'm not considering the Denali more seriously, since she could care less about the extra power. How's life w/ the new boat?

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 05:08 PM
i was gonna buy the new tahoe.. they're nice but i decided to buy a diesel so i could tow with ease. my truck is a quad cab and just as roomy as the tahoe