PDA

View Full Version : air pump in a denali

squirt'nmyload
01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
has anyone else that is towing with a denali or escalade having a problem with your air pump in the back shorting out when you launch your boat??? mine quit working for the 3rd time this past weekend....it's covered under warranty but it's really aggrevating:mad: :mad:

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
i think its because the water hits the compressor. my friend had a truck air bags.. he moved all that stuff as far up as he could to prevent it from getting submerged in water..how far do you back in your truck?

squirt'nmyload
01-02-2007, 06:09 PM
i don't usually back that far in the water at all....i have a 18ft jet....there was 1 time that i backed in really far and it was submerged, but it worked after that:confused:....i'm thinkin maybe something else is causing it to short out:confused: :confused:

fourspeednup
01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
My buddy is a Cadillac tech at Kachina and he replaces those on a daily basis...not necessarily a water issue. Just a crappy part and I've heard they aren't cheap once out of warranty:eek:

squirt'nmyload
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
My buddy is a Cadillac tech at Kachina and he replaces those on a daily basis...not necessarily a water issue. Just a crappy part and I've heard they aren't cheap once out of warranty:eek:
glad to hear it's not just me......if i wasn't always towing things i really wouldn't care about it, the difference without it is unbelievable......and i've also heard that it's not cheap