PDA

View Full Version : Magic Deck deal, too good to be true.

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I had seen Magic's end of the year low finance rate and thought maybe it would be a good time to move up to a new deck. I had spoken with Darrin a couple of times before and he asked for some pics and info for my current boat, which I send. For a 2004 Ultra 247 XS with 108 hours, a 496 Mag, Dana Hinges, a 9 speaker CD/DVD system with 3 Optima batteries and one of John West's best paint schemes ever, He tells me trade in is $49k and private party sale is $57,7k. He mentions he cant give me a bottom line until the boss returns on Tuesday. Well, I got the bottom line. Magic will give me $32k for a boat thats trade in value is $49k.
Am I the only one who feels like I need to file an attempted rape report?

Jyruiz
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
It is just not a good time right now, the use market is over flooded. Try selling it yourself, but I think it will be hard to get 57k right now.

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
dude .. ill give you 32 for it:D then ill sell it for 40k so it would sell fast and make a quick easy 10k.. lemme know when i can grab it! ha

SHOTKALLIN
01-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Post a pic. we'll tell u what its worth.:D

Havasu Carrera
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
No Magic in that deal!! Unless you decide to take him up on it! lol:D

Cole Trickle
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
It is just not a good time right now, the use market is over flooded. Try selling it yourself, but I think it will be hard to get 57k right now.
Agreed.
Unfortunatley a book is not gonna give you the correct value in todays slumping boat market.
If they only give you 32K for the boat they need to make you one hell of a deal on a new deck!!(I think it sucks when they make big money on both sides)

andy01
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
I had seen Magic's end of the year low finance rate and thought maybe it would be a good time to move up to a new deck. I had spoken with Darrin a couple of times before and he asked for some pics and info for my current boat, which I send. For a 2004 Ultra 247 XS with 108 hours, a 496 Mag, Dana Hinges, a 9 speaker CD/DVD system with 3 Optima batteries and one of John West's best paint schemes ever, He tells me trade in is $49k and private party sale is $57,7k. He mentions he cant give me a bottom line until the boss returns on Tuesday. Well, I got the bottom line. Magic will give me $32k for a boat thats trade in value is $49k.
Book is one thing, current market value is another. On most boats you can throw the book away half the time. Look at new boat retail numbers versus what they sell them for. What if they gave you 30k off of thier retail number? Then you guys would both be 30k under your retail number. I say the numbers sound about right. I would call John West @ Ultra and ask him how much for a 27 Shadow or 26 deck, depending on what you are after. Those 57 and 49K numbers sound pretty high, that boat base prised for around those in 04. Call John, he'll tell what the market on that boat is. I say mid 30's is probably right. Or try and retail it on your own while the new boat is being built, if it doesn't sell then trade it in. The 247 is a fun boat to drive.
Andy

Bella
01-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Don't forget you will realize a tax saving by doing the deal in AZ. Which would add another $2,500 approx to the deal by trading it in. Just a thought. Now you are at $35,500.
Brett

Bella
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't forget you will realize a tax saving by doing the deal in AZ. Which would add another $2,500 approx to the deal by trading it in. Just a thought. Now you are at $35,500.
Brett

dumbandyoung
i think you should look inboat trader for all boats that are in comparison to yours. then price it 5- 7 k less.. it will pop out to buyers. and think if you had them sell it you'd loose alot more than that...
...my offer for 32 still stands though. call brad at magic in corona.. hes a nice guy. pm and ill give you his cell

phebus
The mistake was Darrin telling you what the boat might be worth to them on trade, without researching it first. Had he known what he could offer on trade, he could have felt you out, and had a feel for whether or not it would upset you, and if they thought it would, just advised you to sell it yourself private party.
The bottom line on the deal, is that if the Magic was the boat you wanted, don't change your mind just because you didn't get the trade you want. Sell your boat and go in there with cash, and see what they can do.

dumbandyoung
i think you should look inboat trader for all boats that are in comparison to yours. then price it 5- 7 k less.. it will pop out to buyers. and think if you had them sell it you'd loose alot more than that...
...my offer for 32 still stands though. call brad at magic in corona.. hes a nice guy. pm and ill give you his cell

phebus
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
The mistake was Darrin telling you what the boat might be worth to them on trade, without researching it first. Had he known what he could offer on trade, he could have felt you out, and had a feel for whether or not it would upset you, and if they thought it would, just advised you to sell it yourself private party.
The bottom line on the deal, is that if the Magic was the boat you wanted, don't change your mind just because you didn't get the trade you want. Sell your boat and go in there with cash, and see what they can do.

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
true that!...good luck

Bella
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Glad to see that i wasn't the only one that double posted. Sorry about that!
Brett

HocusPocus
01-02-2007, 04:10 PM
the traders will give you an idea of what others are asking for their boats but it wont tell you what they actually sold for or if it did sell at all. there is a big difference on what a boat is worth and what it will sell for, especially the way the market is right now.
like others have said your best bet would be to sell it yourself first then go boat shopping. good luck i hope it all works out and you get your new boat. :D

Not So Fast
01-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Come on guys, thats the way car dealers, boat dealers, motorcycle dealers etc work. Trading in ANYTHING will get you the screw job, the dealers are in business to make money, not to be a good guy or fair in any way. If you think other wise then the turnip truck is not to far down the road and maybe you can catch it. Seriously and not trying to be a smart ass but get real, this is the way wholesale and retail work, buy low and sell high, dont blame Magic, any dealer would do the same. SELL IT YOURSELF or take a lot less, period. Best of luck to ya!!:D NSF

Bella
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
That's if they will even take the trade. A lot of dealers won't even deal with the trade. They might "consign" it and sell you a new one while trying to sell the old one. Or consign it and when it sells sell you a new one.
Brett
Come on guys, thats the way car dealers, boat dealers, motorcycle dealers etc work. Trading in ANYTHING will get you the screw job, the dealers are in business to make money, not to be a good guy or fair in any way. If you think other wise then the turnip truck is not to far down the road and maybe you can catch it. Seriously and not trying to be a smart ass but get real, this is the way wholesale and retail work, buy low and sell high, dont blame Magic, any dealer would do the same. SELL IT YOURSELF or take a lot less, period. Best of luck to ya!!:D NSF

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Im surprised they even let that back in the door let alone work there again

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Book is one thing, current market value is another. On most boats you can throw the book away half the time. Look at new boat retail numbers versus what they sell them for. What if they gave you 30k off of thier retail number? Then you guys would both be 30k under your retail number. I say the numbers sound about right. I would call John West @ Ultra and ask him how much for a 27 Shadow or 26 deck, depending on what you are after. Those 57 and 49K numbers sound pretty high, that boat base prised for around those in 04. Call John, he'll tell what the market on that boat is. I say mid 30's is probably right. Or try and retail it on your own while the new boat is being built, if it doesn't sell then trade it in. The 247 is a fun boat to drive.
Andy
So $32k is about right huh. OK. At the begining of the summer I had a neighbor at the springs offer $50K, but we were in the middle of redoing our place. I put it in the trader for $52k and received 62 calls before we decided buying a new one was too much for us right not.

ChumpChange
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
So $32k is about right huh. OK. At the begining of the summer I had a neighbor at the springs offer $50K, but we were in the middle of redoing our place. I put it in the trader for $52 and received 62 calls before we decided buying a new one was too much for us right not.
Welcome to six months later:D

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
My intention was to sell it myself during prime season. When I saw the finance offer, I figured id test the waters. I was in no hurry to get myself in a bigger boat payment, but if everything was right, why not. I guess my point is telling me trade in is $49K then low balling that buy $17k is weak. Maybe this is the white collar thread. Can someone direct me to the civil servant, blue collar thread. I just dont have that kind of money laying around.

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Welcome to six months later:D
6 months and 2 worlds away

HocusPocus
01-02-2007, 05:12 PM
So $32k is about right huh. OK. At the begining of the summer I had a neighbor at the springs offer $50K, but we were in the middle of redoing our place. I put it in the trader for $52 and received 62 calls before we decided buying a new one was too much for us right not.
out of 62 calls did anyone come out to look at it? getting calls and emails is one thing, having someone show up with cash is another. also remember the start of last summer, home values where high and lots of folks were cashing in on their home equity to go toy shopping. it isnt going to be the same this year. :(

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Is there something I should know????

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Photoglou, why dont you start selling boats. NO BS involved.

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
well how bout this..
keep the boat and dont get a new one..or..
trade it in and loose alot of money...or
wait til summer to sell it, but then your new boat wont be done yet because you didnt sell it till april when your old one sold...or
leave at magic on consignment, which doing that you would loose that money anyways... or
buy your new boat now and hold your boat til summer. sell it for the most you can get and apply that cash to the loan.
personally i think you should do the last one. magic has awesome programs right now. there build time is 8-10 weeks and you'll get a better deal before the boat show. so get a good price and a good interest rate now.. and sell your boat when you can get the maximum cash for it and throw it in your new boat.

Mandelon
01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Assume that was their opening offer, make a counter offer and show them you are serious.

JB in so cal
01-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Don't worry about KT. He hasn't taken his KoolAid dose, today. On top of that, you used the correct form of "to, two, too" - he hates that!!!

ChumpChange
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
He thinks you are Sean trying to pitch the 2.99 financing like he always did.

Havasu1986
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
dude .. ill give you 32 for it:D then ill sell it for 40k so it would sell fast and make a quick easy 10k.. lemme know when i can grab it! ha
That would be a easy 8k. I don't even need a calculator for that one.:D

RUCAV
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Assume that was their opening offer, make a counter offer and show them you are serious.
I did think it was an opening offer and did let them know how serious I was. I guess ill wait and see. I know some salesman are slimeball (Not you Jay) but I thought that was ridiculously low.

riverroyal
01-02-2007, 06:59 PM
a opening to negotiations.If you want a magic enough to continue the dealings,and they want to sell a boat OFF season,then keep calling.I bought my boat from Darrin,I have ONLY great things to say.He does run all deals through Ron first

dumbandyoung
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
That would be a easy 8k. I don't even need a calculator for that one.:D
i do :hammer2:

phebus
01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
If you get a Magic, make sure you get one before their regattas start :D

JB in so cal
01-02-2007, 07:28 PM
If you get a Magic, make sure you get one before their regattas start :D
That's, like April 1st through October 31st...

Biglue
01-02-2007, 07:48 PM
That's a lot of money to loose on your boat. Find something else you like and offer your boat as a trade in again. Tell them ahead of time you already had one guy piss you off because he low balled you. When you trade in a car you get about 10-20% less than selling it to a private party. You're taking about a 40% bath on the trade in offer. Total bullshit in my opinion, but it is what it is. Your best bet is sell it on your own. Good luck.

andy01
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
62 calls? So you sat down and counted how many calls you had and then decided to keep it? Im sure your pal next door at the river was standing there with a check book in hand.
Sell it yourself. Then, pay more for the new one, pay more sales tax, fuk with people not showing up to look at it, fuk with people kicking the tires and offering you 35K for it, and save no money on the special interest rate, and have a new boat in a year when you sell yours for 34K and order the new one. For what millions you think you might save/make will be pennys when it is all said and done. Just go beat on the Magic guys and see what happens. Work the deal on a difference not on I want $$ for mine and I will give you $$ for yours just say, I'll pay $$ difference out the door. Work the deal from there. If they offered you a brand new Magic deck with a 600 SCI for oh say 105K would you buy it ? Of course you would and so would anybody else with half a brain. But what if it was 55K and they were giving you a dollar for your boat? Now it's not a good deal, "They're stealling my trade" ............ go wholesale wholesale or go retail. They are not in business to give boats away and over pay for trades. Remember they might get 45 for your boat and they might get 35 it's a gamble for them. Nobody made them buy drums of reson or fiberglass, nobody put a gun to thier heads and made them buy materials to build boats with. Time is money, what is your time worth? Selling boats is a pain in the ass, wait till you get up higher in price. Then nobody will even offer you a trade in.
Andy

Kilrtoy
01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Don't worry about KT. He hasn't taken his KoolAid dose, today. On top of that, you used the correct form of "to, two, too" - he hates that!!!
I did have my kool aide drink 2 day. Now lets get back 2 the subject of this 2 good 2 be true deal

Magic34
01-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Sell it yourself. It only takes 8 weeks for them to build a boat down there. So you can sell yours and have a boat within 2 months. If you price your boat aggressively, it should sell quick come Feb or March and you can have a boat no later than May 1. If you like a model in stock, then you could have it within 2 weeks.
Trading in sucks on anything.

Hardly Satisfied
01-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Iwould tell him to stick it up were the sun don't shine

RUCAV
01-03-2007, 02:23 AM
62 calls? So you sat down and counted how many calls you had and then decided to keep it? Im sure your pal next door at the river was standing there with a check book in hand.
Sell it yourself. Then, pay more for the new one, pay more sales tax, fuk with people not showing up to look at it, fuk with people kicking the tires and offering you 35K for it, and save no money on the special interest rate, and have a new boat in a year when you sell yours for 34K and order the new one. For what millions you think you might save/make will be pennys when it is all said and done. Just go beat on the Magic guys and see what happens. Work the deal on a difference not on I want $$ for mine and I will give you $$ for yours just say, I'll pay $$ difference out the door. Work the deal from there. If they offered you a brand new Magic deck with a 600 SCI for oh say 105K would you buy it ? Of course you would and so would anybody else with half a brain. But what if it was 55K and they were giving you a dollar for your boat? Now it's not a good deal, "They're stealling my trade" ............ go wholesale wholesale or go retail. They are not in business to give boats away and over pay for trades. Remember they might get 45 for your boat and they might get 35 it's a gamble for them. Nobody made them buy drums of reson or fiberglass, nobody put a gun to thier heads and made them buy materials to build boats with. Time is money, what is your time worth? Selling boats is a pain in the ass, wait till you get up higher in price. Then nobody will even offer you a trade in.
Andy
No highspeed. I have a 12 year old who was on restriction. She got bored and figured it out. My mom died when I was a kid, you wanna talk about that.

andy01
01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
No highspeed. I have a 12 year old who was on restriction. She got bored and figured it out. My mom died when I was a kid, you wanna talk about that.
Nobody said anything about your mom, gezz the next thing you know Tobohomo will be in here turning this thread gay.
Call Magic (BTW they're reading this, all builders read this site even if they say they don't. They do.)
Ask them how they came up with the figure on your boat? And how much they are going to discount the new one.

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Nobody said anything about your mom, gezz the next thing you know Tobohomo will be in here turning this thread gay.
To late you just did

THOR
01-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Who wants to buy my 2004 247 with 60 hours on it? It has an HO.
I am asking 93K, but will take 60K.
:D

RUCAV
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Call Magic (BTW they're reading this, all builders read this site even if they say they don't. They do.)
Ask them how they came up with the figure on your boat? And how much they are going to discount the new one.
Sorry, Kilrtoy beat me to it.:D

RUCAV
01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I hope they are reading this. I dealt with John West, Steve, Bob Brown and Big John from Ultra and was never treated like this. A 40% knock off of the trade in price is an insult after they tell you its worth. Is it news to them that boat sales decline in the winter. Also, he said they had trouble moving Ultra's. I have not heard that before.

RUCAV
I hope they are reading this. I dealt with John West, Steve, Bob Brown and Big John from Ultra and was never treated like this. A 40% knock off of the trade in price is an insult after they tell you its worth
$49K. Is it news to them that boat sales decline in the winter. Also, he said they had trouble moving Ultra's. I have not heard that before.

Mandelon
Who wants to buy my 2004 247 with 60 hours on it? It has an HO.
I am asking 93K, but will take 60K.
:D
I'll give you 110K for it, but only if you buy my trade in twice. ;)

GABACHOS_LBC
01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I hope they are reading this. I dealt with John West, Steve, Bob Brown and Big John from Ultra and was never treated like this. A 40% knock off of the trade in price is an insult after they tell you its worth
$49K. Is it news to them that boat sales decline in the winter. Also, he said they had trouble moving Ultra's. I have not heard that before.
I would almost bet John West will give you a very good deal on a trade in with your boat. I have heard nothing but great deals when it comes to John taking back Ultras. I would have traded my 23' Ultra back for a 26 Shadow Deck but ended up with a great hook up over at Conquest. Over the weekend I was at Conquest and a couple was in talking with Keith looking for a 23' Open bow. It wouldn't hurt if you haven't already stopped in @ Conquest & talked to Keith or Candy. They are great.

JryLineman
01-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Tell Ron you'll offer him 75k for that 44 cat he's been trying to sell for 5years. See how he takes that! Personally I would trade for another Ultra. Magic /Sleek have horrible customer service.

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Tell Ron you'll offer him 75k for that 44 cat he's been trying to sell for 5years. See how he takes that! Personally I would trade for another Ultra. Magic /Sleek have horrible customer service.
OUCH

Magic34
01-03-2007, 11:13 PM
OK, there are some things being said that is just not making sense.
First, they are operating like any dealership would. A car dealership will give you a few thousand back of book on your trade damn near every time. Now this is much more common because the manufacturers (Chevy, Ford, Toyota) all have fairly set numbers, meaning that invoive is always invoice, they are not custom ordered items.
For instance you can trade in your truck and get close to wholesale book, but the invoice is nearly the same across the country, not just 1 or 2 dealerships are selling that vehicle. This is where boat differ.
When I purchased my Chevrolet 4500 from Chapman Chevrolet in Tempe, The sticker was $88k or so, and I ended up paying $80k OTD. Well, they told me that it did great in the sand for being a 2 WD and that was a damn lie, so after much talk back and forth with them, I asked what they could do for me on a trade in. Mind you, I had purchased over 7 vehicles from them alone in my 9 years of driving (since 16 y/o). Well after only 5000 miles on my truck and 6 months of ownership, the trade in price was $50k!!!!:mad: Of course I was pissed, but at the same time, it was a custom vehicle, not a normal production like a 2500HD or something. I ended up selling it for $65k a few months later. Never will buy from that dealership again, but it was not because f the trade in offer, it was because of the lies and issues that led up to that point.
Them saying they cant sell Ultras, it doesn't matter what boat it is... is anything relly selling right now? OK... there are a few mfgs that are doing well, but in reality, 95% of west coast boat mfgs have declined sales and that means it is hard to sell boats right now. This is what the market is creating.
So is Magic/Power Marine screwing you.... No, but it may feel like it because in order to sit on $40k they want to make a certain $ on that. In the private market, yes that # is very low, it may even be low in the trade in #, but they are trying to create a profit.
No custom mfg wants to sit on your trade for more than they have to. It simply makes ZERO sense to give you a high number on trade and only make $3-$4k and have to sit on the boat for 4,5,6 months.
And before someone calls me a nutswinger, I no longer own a Magic and my next boat will not be a Magic. I wont be at the regatta this year to sit on the beach and cheer the Magics on. They always treated me great, very well, I just have changed my style a bit and wanting something different that they do not build. I still would recommend them to anyone.
Good luck with your deal whichever you decide to buy.

buzzaro
01-04-2007, 06:29 AM
I have to agree with some of the people that posted on here about magic being a "dealer" and you should take that in both meanings of the word. They are not trying to screw you personally, but they are trying to make money........from everyone they do business with. We bought a boat from them about a year ago and they were pretty good to deal with. Thats the thing though you gotta deal. We bought a boat from them that was used and their starting price seemed high to us so we told them that, we ended up with a price we could live with. If you like their boat just deal (you can read that argue:argue: if you like) you might be surprised.

Jordy
01-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Bella aka Brett works for Power Marine which is Sleek/Magic in Phoenix ( www.sleekcraft.com ). ;)
From another post:
Brett Durante
Power Marine
602-954-0725

Bella
01-04-2007, 06:52 AM
That guy doesn't know a thing. :cool:
Brett
Bella aka Brett works for Power Marine which is Sleek/Magic in Phoenix ( www.sleekcraft.com ). ;)
From another post:
Brett Durante
Power Marine
602-954-0725

OutCole'd
01-04-2007, 07:21 AM
How many boat manufacturers take boats in on trade? I know most will do consignment, but not tie up their money on a trade in.

Not So Fast
01-04-2007, 07:21 AM
I hope in fairness to everyone who has replied to or read this thread that when you do make a deal or sell the boat that you post it on here to more or less "settle the dust" that has been created by your thread. Again thou Magic comes up being bashed as usual, I dont know how they sell so many boats if they are as horrible as this board reports, I like mine a lot. Could things have been better during the sale or the construction,sure but what builder is perfect? If you talk with enough people you will find someone who is unhappy with just about any of them sooner or later. JMO NSF

CBadDad
01-04-2007, 08:04 AM
How many boat manufacturers take boats in on trade? I know most will do consignment, but not tie up their money on a trade in.
I don't know what the answer is, but when I bought my boat last year this time, the dealer had the same model as mine and it was on consignment. They said that the owner was waiting for it to sell so they could build him a new one. Oh ya, I paid 25% less by buying my boat through a private party. Oh ya, mine has a bigger motor too.

dumbandyoung
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
OK, there are some things being said that is just not making sense.
First, they are operating like any dealership would. A car dealership will give you a few thousand back of book on your trade damn near every time. Now this is much more common because the manufacturers (Chevy, Ford, Toyota) all have fairly set numbers, meaning that invoive is always invoice, they are not custom ordered items.
For instance you can trade in your truck and get close to wholesale book, but the invoice is nearly the same across the country, not just 1 or 2 dealerships are selling that vehicle. This is where boat differ.
When I purchased my Chevrolet 4500 from Chapman Chevrolet in Tempe, The sticker was $88k or so, and I ended up paying $80k OTD. Well, they told me that it did great in the sand for being a 2 WD and that was a damn lie, so after much talk back and forth with them, I asked what they could do for me on a trade in. Mind you, I had purchased over 7 vehicles from them alone in my 9 years of driving (since 16 y/o). Well after only 5000 miles on my truck and 6 months of ownership, the trade in price was $50k!!!!:mad: Of course I was pissed, but at the same time, it was a custom vehicle, not a normal production like a 2500HD or something. I ended up selling it for $65k a few months later. Never will buy from that dealership again, but it was not because f the trade in offer, it was because of the lies and issues that led up to that point.
Them saying they cant sell Ultras, it doesn't matter what boat it is... is anything relly selling right now? OK... there are a few mfgs that are doing well, but in reality, 95% of west coast boat mfgs have declined sales and that means it is hard to sell boats right now. This is what the market is creating.
So is Magic/Power Marine screwing you.... No, but it may feel like it because in order to sit on $40k they want to make a certain $ on that. In the private market, yes that # is very low, it may even be low in the trade in #, but they are trying to create a profit.
No custom mfg wants to sit on your trade for more than they have to. It simply makes ZERO sense to give you a high number on trade and only make $3-$4k and have to sit on the boat for 4,5,6 months.
And before someone calls me a nutswinger, I no longer own a Magic and my next boat will not be a Magic. I wont be at the regatta this year to sit on the beach and cheer the Magics on. They always treated me great, very well, I just have changed my style a bit and wanting something different that they do not build. I still would recommend them to anyone.
Good luck with your deal whichever you decide to buy.
right on!
i bought 3 trucks from clippenger chevrolet. well when i went back to buy my forth the tried to screw me. i will never buy from them again. i bought a ford instead.
are you going kool-aid style?

Magic34
01-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Complete opposite. Actually, most people here will hate it, that is until they tie up next to it.

Magic34
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
right on!
i bought 3 trucks from clippenger chevrolet. well when i went back to buy my forth the tried to screw me. i will never buy from them again. i bought a ford instead.
Dont confuse a trade in on a custom boat with the trade in on a car. The automotive market is fairly standard so it is easy to tell when you are getting screwed.

ClownRoyal
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Just drove by Magic's shop on Lake Havasu Blvd. They are busting at the seams with new boats (most without engines) sitting on a trailer with a cover on. I don't think they can fit another boat within a mile radius of that place.

MBlaster
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
HELLO!!!... dealers offer low retail financing because the buyers money is buying the financing percentage rate down.
YOU, the buyer are purchasing the low rate from the financing bank!!!!!!!
The dollars are getting added to the deal in one way or another.
There is no such thing as the low apr Bank of Magic Powerboats.

Concept1
01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Keep in mind that the finance rate is more than likely bought down by lowering the price of the boat. Thats a normal practice for cars, motorhomes etc.. Its usually close to the same payment financing a higher amount at a lower rate, as opposed to financing a lower amount at a higher rate. I got 6.0% on the boat i just bought and that was the best offered anywhere that i checked.

Concept1
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
HELLO!!!... dealers offer low retail financing because the buyers money is buying the financing percentage rate down.
DAmn I should have read the whole post, I thought I was going to be the first to say that!
:D :D

HocusPocus
01-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Just drove by Magic's shop on Lake Havasu Blvd. They are busting at the seams with new boats (most without engines) sitting on a trailer with a cover on. I don't think they can fit another boat within a mile radius of that place.
i was there during christmas week and noticed the same thing, i have never seen that lot next to the main building so full.

RUCAV
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I think a point many people are missing was the preparation for the offer. If someone tells you that your boat is worth A on trade in instead of low balling you. Then when it comes time to make the offer, offers you B, which is significantly lower than A, its kind of BS. I recognize salesman sell to make money. I realize there is a certain amount of BS and negotiating that goes on. I just never would have imagined they would have low balled so much after telling me what THEY said it was worth.
Plus, I was a little P.O'd.

Havasu1986
01-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Maybe Darrin shouldn't have told his opinion for trade in until his boss came back on tues. :idea: Then this thread would never had started.

ClownRoyal
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Maybe Darrin shouldn't have told his opinion for trade in until his boss came back on tues. :idea: Then this thread would never had started.
Darrin? I agree with Kilr...hmmm

JB in so cal
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Darrin? I agree with Kilr...hmmm
Meaning second chances are not allowed? mmmmmmm

ClownRoyal
01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Surprised.

Kilrtoy
01-04-2007, 06:59 PM
he is only on his second chance,
that must have been one helluva first chance then

JB in so cal
01-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Surprised.
That you would agree with Kilr, no. That you don't think second chances are allowed, yes.
Must be tough to know you:jawdrop:

echo
01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Good to hear that Candy is still at Conquest. That is all i will say.Got clobberd in here for writing about Bruce and Sleekcraft awhile back. Phucking jerks,for not realizing what those guys did for Havasu.

OutCole'd
01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Just my .02, Darren sold me my boat and I would buy another from him in a second. He went above & beyond for me, followed up every day, emailed pics, treated me like I was buying a Lexus. I have nothing but good to say about the guy.
I hope all is well with the guy.

Magic34
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I thought if someone was buying something of that dollar value, they would understand that, but I guess not everyone understands the business as some others may.

Havasu1986
01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
OK I'm thinking of going to the L.A. Boat Show and telling everyone that I will buy their boat as long as they give me top $ for my 25' 98 Eliminator Eagle in mint condition. How much will I get. I'm looking to upgrade big...Just what I thought ...Sell to private party.