PDA

View Full Version : Savage Marine.........Sold??

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
So.....Is it true ???
Anyone know any details before the rumor mill starts ????
Steve sold and is outÂ…Â…
Kelly, Stephen & Christina are now outÂ…Â…
AJ now owns 1/3rd and someone else owns 2/3rdsÂ…Â…
Anyone know if this info is goodÂ…..
It's all just rumor at this point.......
Later,
CJG
:idea:

DILLIGAF
01-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't know as I haven't had any service issues that needed dealt with lately. Steve did have some health issues but I understand he was feeling better.
I liked dealing with Steve and Kelly.
If they did sell it I hope it was because of positive reasons.

shadow
01-02-2007, 07:40 PM
So.....Is it true ???
Later,
CJG
Thats what i heard yesterday but who knows.

Mrs.Killer
01-02-2007, 07:42 PM
So.....Is it true ???
Later,
CJG
Who told you that info????:confused: ;)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Who told you that info????:confused: ;)
:D :confused: :D :confused: :idea:

voodoomedman
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
True. My Havi neighbor is dating Steve's daughter.
Seems like it was for positive reasons. Steve has had some health issues but is doing fine.

Mrs.Killer
01-02-2007, 08:06 PM
True. My Havi neighbor is dating Steve's daughter.
Seems like it was for positive reasons. Steve has had some health issues but is doing fine.
?????

OnlyMoney
01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow, I was worried it might mean bad news for Steve, but yes, we have confirmed exactly what voodoo said....congrats to AJ, he definitely deserves it.
On the other hand, I'm so calling Cris to find out about the neighbors son. I need details. :D :D :D

Sigus
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Someone shared their understanding of the situation he said the property was sold to Big Wave Dave (DCB) and the shop will be run by AJ.
Pretty reliable source.

voodoomedman
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow, I was worried it might mean bad news for Steve, but yes, we have confirmed exactly what voodoo said....congrats to AJ, he definitely deserves it.
On the other hand, I'm so calling Cris to find out about the neighbors son. I need details. :D :D :D
Hey don't go getting me in trouble now. I couldn't have asked for better Havi neighbors. Don't need any troubled water.

OnlyMoney
01-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey don't go getting me in trouble now. I couldn't have asked for better Havi neighbors. Don't need any troubled water.
Trouble isn't exactly in my vocab, unless I'm drinking tequila and that doesn't happen often. Just means it's time to catch up with her....been a few weeks.

slowinhavasu
01-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Huge shoes to fill.....
Steve has without a doubt been a great mentor for many young wrenches through the years......one of the best in the business !!!
I wish the best to the LaProhns in Steves well deserved retirement.
A new era is ready to be started, AJ and partners, best of luck in carring on the Savage Marine legacy.:)

INSman
01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Dunno, but I did see a nice new Ilmor Marine sticker in Absolute's showroom window :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Dunno, but I did see a nice new Ilmor Marine sticker in Absolute's showroom window :D
Shiat-Starter!!!!!
CJG
:D

OutCole'd
01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I'll miss dealing with both Kelly & Steve, great peeps, best of luck to them!

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Word on the street is they hand those out to everyone in havasu:eek:

INSman
01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Word on the street is they hand those out to everyone in havasu:eek:
Maybe so, just calling them as I see them :D

Bre
01-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Congrats to Steve and Kelly :) Someones got some big shoes to fill !!! I miss you guys! If you see this thread call me 877.610.3074

weaver
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Congratulations Aj, I guess house callÂ’s are out of the question now huh??? Good thing my boats made by the japsÂ’... Best of luck to you and ill get to that fork lift this season. If you need parts call me I still have some friends with SMH accounts.

DCBDaytona
01-03-2007, 10:09 AM
To get the facts straight...
Yes, Savage Marine is now under new ownership. 2007 is going to be an exciting year for Savage Marine, especially for its new owners, AJ and Jeff.
Good luck to both of you!!!

UnionJack
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Talked to AJ lastnight he was very excited

trailerpark_tj
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, Savage Marine is now under new ownership. 2007 is going to be an exciting year for Savage Marine, especially for its new owners, AJ and Jeff.
Are you AJ's marketing guy or what?
Is he keeping that hot chick that works in the front office?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Wasn't AJ the guy who pushed the broom around at DCB ????
CJG

JB in so cal
01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Are you AJ's marketing guy or what?
Is he keeping that hot chick that works in the front office?
:) :rolleyes: ;)

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I wonder if AJ tried to buy Absolute before buying Savage. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey SNS....Lets not try to sound like you are enjoying this too much. You didn't like Steve and he isn't there anymore. You are on the verge of making yourself look petty.
Good luck AJ and I will be bringing my boat back when service is needed.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey SNS....Lets not try to sound like you are enjoying this too much. You didn't like Steve and he isn't there anymore. You are on the verge of making yourself look petty.
Good luck AJ and I will be bringing my boat back when service is needed.
Nope......not enjoying this at all........
Don't really care too much......
Just providing a bit of information.....
No.....didn't like Steve much and only met him once......
Didn't know him to well and didn't need too.....
Like him?...He was not capable of being liked....Even if you wanted to.....That's just a fact....
I DO know he does have a reputation as a very capable mechanic.....
Like you.....I have been in business for quite a while.....
It takes more than just technical/mechanical capability to survive in business........even in the boat service business.....
We could get into the whole "value of the business" thing.....
......Without the namesake and all......assets, store front, goodwill.....
Yada....yada....yada......That would interest me......"The Plan"......
I don't think I have ever met AJ, but I truly wish him and his partner the best of luck........
Later,
SHAKEN (Not Petty) Stirred.....

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Just providing a bit of information.....
No.....didn't like Steve much and only met him once......
Didn't know him to well and didn't need too.....
Like him?...He was not capable of being liked....Even if you wanted to.....That's just a fact....
I DO know he does have a reputation as a very capable mechanic.....
Like you.....I have been in business for quite a while.....
It takes more than just technical/mechanical capability to survive in business........even in the boat service business.....
We could get into the whole "value of the business" thing.....
......Without the namesake and all......assets, store front, goodwill.....
Yada....yada....yada......That would interest me......"The Plan"......
I don't think I have ever met AJ, but I truly wish him and his partner the best of luck........
Later,
Ok then......

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Ok then......
Hmmmmmm.......
I think this is the shortest post you have ever made......
You need to open a bottle of wine......
Hehehehehehehe!!!!
Later Tom....
CJG

McQuacky
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Hope Kelli and the kids stay on to ensure a SMOOTH transition. Steve
needs a break. Its been a great 15 years in the past and hopefully the
future is to. Big shoes for AJ to fill, Steve is a legend and legends continue
to grow as time goes on. I can still see him throttling "Anaconda" towards
Copper Canyon at 140 verses another 32 Skater.

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Hmmmmmm.......
I think this is the shortest post you have ever made......
You need to open a bottle of wine......
Hehehehehehehe!!!!
Later Tom....
CJG
Just decided to bite my tounge Chris. I am at work so the wine is a no go. Later I will be watching the ND game, drinking plenty of wine and eating some good ribs though.

Kilrtoy
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
With all that said,
you sure made
6 post or about 18.2% of the thread about it and even were the thread starter

VictoryIzMine
01-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I wish Steve, Kelly, and Christina the best in their endeavors. Their service and personal attention has always been top notch to me. They always took real good care of me as well as my boat. Now that AJ is at the helm, I hope the reputation of the "Savage Marine" service will continue.:)

shippingguy
01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Steve and Kelly are top notch. They were great to deal with. AJ has always done a great job and is a good guy. I will be there to get my first 25 hours service done and continue to go back every 25 hours. Congrats to AJ and his new partner.

Havasu Hangin'
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Maybe now they can stock up on MSD boxes...

Havasu1986
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I would reccomend a under new ownership sign then.

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 04:58 PM
its to bad he's/they have PISSED OFF so many people(ones that won't know about the sell)and will drive right buy S/M and go next door or some where else,because of bad service in the past:idea:
Perhaps the sign should read, "New ownership! Dick sucking no longer required!"

Sandbar Junkies
01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Dont be a hater ... When are we going to play some golf, call the midget and mr slick and let go drop some bags of the back of the carts... Ps. what is Savage Marine

Havasu1986
01-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Dont be a hater ... Ps. what is Savage Marine
It's where Aaron from Absolute used to work.:D

Phat Matt
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Perhaps the sign should read, "New ownership! Dick sucking no longer required!"
Why would AJ want to say that? Sounds like a good benefit. :D
Good luck AJ.
Steve, Kelly and family, enjoy the time off. :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Dont be a hater ... When are we going to play some golf, call the midget and mr slick and let go drop some bags of the back of the carts... Ps. what is Savage Marine
A little bird told me that it's Mr. Big's birthday on Monday. Meadowlark next weekend?

OnlyMoney
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
OK, STOP THE BUS.
When there is only one left in stock (here comes the "they should have stocked better" comments) and there are MANY of their customers on the water on a big weekend, maybe they were thinking they should have it in stock in case one of their regular customers needed one so they could send it down with a mechanic to the beach. :idea: <-- supposed to be the chin scratching one.
Those in the know, who know the know....hee hee...know that Aaron is a great mechanic and there's no hard feelings for going out on his own from most people, ok maybe Steve had a problem with the shop being less than a block away...blame it on the lot being the best available at the time :D ...a young genius mechanic is probably better off that way.
AJ had a great opportunity and is another youngin' (I get to say that because he's younger than me :) ) who has had great training as well as Aaron did/has and a strong resume as well.
I wish them both luck and wish more of you would get your heads out of the hole you're digging it in. Show some respect to both of them.
Some of the posts in here have sincerely hurt me for both Aaron and AJ. I am friends with them both, have respect for both of their mechanic abilities and wish some of you would just grow up a bit.
Ok, rant over...carry on...oh and DILLIGAF, we're drinking wine and watching the same game. :D :D :D

BoatPI
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I wish Steve and family the best. He was nothing less than 100% up front ane honest in all of my dealing with him.

Sandbar Junkies
01-03-2007, 07:21 PM
A little bird told me that it's Mr. Big's birthday on Monday. Meadowlark next weekend?
If Mr. Big is available let me know what time...

Havasu Hangin'
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
OK, STOP THE BUS.
When there is only one left in stock (here comes the "they should have stocked better" comments) and there are MANY of their customers on the water on a big weekend, maybe they were thinking they should have it in stock in case one of their regular customers needed one so they could send it down with a mechanic to the beach.
The problem with your logic is that we were regular customers. Scotty had all his DCB service work done there, and had dropped alot of money in that place. He had it in his hand, and they were ready to ring it up...
...when he stood next to Dan, they pulled it out of his hand, and said they didn't want his business anymore.
Rocket scientists...I tell you.

Havasu Hangin'
01-03-2007, 07:23 PM
If Mr. Big is available let me know what time...
I got a new driver that allows me to damage even more houses than the old one!

OnlyMoney
01-03-2007, 07:26 PM
The problem with your logic is that we were regular customers. Scotty had all his DCB service work done there, and had dropped alot of money in that place. He had it in his hand, and they were ready to ring it up...
...when he stood next to Dan, they pulled it out of his hand, and said they didn't want his business anymore.
Rocket scientists...I tell you.
Who knows what their thinking was...I never said it made sence. :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Some of the posts in here have sincerely hurt me for both Aaron and AJ. I am friends with them both, have respect for both of their mechanic abilities and wish some of you would just grow up a bit.
Are you kidding?
It sounds like he is a great mechanic and an honest guy but the mild chiding Stevo has taken online is the least of his problems. You're telling us to grow up?
Hows about mentioning to you buddy that he might be more popular if he were to treat people in a more civil fashion. You know, the way grown ups do.

OnlyMoney
01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding?
It sounds like he is a great mechanic and an honest guy but the mild chiding Stevo has taken online is the least of his problems. You're telling us to grow up?
Hows about mentioning to you buddy that he might be more popular if he were to treat people in a more civil fashion. You know, the way grown ups do.
Leave it HB to be the place that once you state your mind...you get dumped on ......anyway...
I understand your thinking Tom, and although Steve has been VERY harsh to many people (us included, but we're still customers.....hmmmmmmm)
Ok, so his customer service and his personality were rough......we all know that....get over it. He is also a great mechanic and knows his shit. With Aarons help in the past and AJ's help more recently.......it's still my wish that this thread would be more of a "congrats AJ and we wish you the best of luck" kind of thread instead of a "oh, we've got a chance to bash Steve".
Then again, it's not my thread....carry on.

Sandbar Junkies
01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I got a new driver that allows me to damage even more houses than the old one!
I got 5 cases of balls so should get threw the front 9 ok...

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
With all that said,
you sure made
6 post or about 18.2% of the thread about it and even were the thread starter
Ummmmmm......
I don't think you should ever be talking about post percentages....;)
Mr.24.38 posts per day......."Shark Jumper"......:D
Oh.....and you've never started a post to stirr-it-up a bit......
Later,
CJG
:rolleyes:

TCHB
01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes my wife talked to Steves mom and he did sell Savage Marine.

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
OK, STOP THE BUS.
When there is only one left in stock (here comes the "they should have stocked better" comments) and there are MANY of their customers on the water on a big weekend, maybe they were thinking they should have it in stock in case one of their regular customers needed one so they could send it down with a mechanic to the beach. :idea: <-- supposed to be the chin scratching one.
Those in the know, who know the know....hee hee...know that Aaron is a great mechanic and there's no hard feelings for going out on his own from most people, ok maybe Steve had a problem with the shop being less than a block away...blame it on the lot being the best available at the time :D ...a young genius mechanic is probably better off that way.
AJ had a great opportunity and is another youngin' (I get to say that because he's younger than me :) ) who has had great training as well as Aaron did/has and a strong resume as well.
I wish them both luck and wish more of you would get your heads out of the hole you're digging it in. Show some respect to both of them.
Ok, rant over...carry on...oh and DILLIGAF, we're drinking wine and watching the same game. :D :D :D
Well said!
I am a ND fan and was disgusted with the game and started going on some rants tonight after drinking a few too many glasses of wine. At least the Clippers won :)

some day
01-03-2007, 10:13 PM
;) Adrian is a good dude he and his partner Jeff will do just fine

Hardly Satisfied
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I have allways had Steve and Kelly take care of all of my boats , now that they sold Savage Marine looks like I will be going to Absolute speed for my services

Havasu Carrera
01-04-2007, 12:10 AM
I would think that with the sale Steve gave his blessing and will hope his clientel? will keep coming and that the business and legacy he built will live on. I delt with Steve a few times and he treated me MORE than fair.
On the same Note Aaron served up some great service for a buddy and I just a few months ago and I was more than pleased there to!! While I'm at it. Add Bucket Marine and The outboard Dr to the list. As for the rest of the businesses in Havi!! ............ THANKS AGAIN STEVE!!(I forgot your wifes name but thank her for the sandwich)

Kilrtoy
01-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I have allways had Steve and Kelly take care of all of my boats , now that they sold Savage Marine looks like I will be going to Absolute speed for my services
Thats rather odd, you received good service from Savage Marine and they sold the business(and not to just anybody)to their head mechanic and are now enjoying retired life.
Now that the person who actually worked on your boat you are gonna turn your back on them... Im lost
on a side note
heard the Savages were out today enjoying the lake in their cabin cruiser

JB in so cal
01-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Thats rather odd, you received good service from Savage Marine and they sold the business(and not to just anybody)to their head mechanic and are now enjoying retired life.
Now that the person who actually worked on your boat you are gonna turn your back on them... Im lost
on a side note
I'm 100% behind Savage. Aside from Magic, they are the only one's to work on my boat. I know for sure that my tech. is still there and as long as the front-office staff stays in place:) :D :) I'll continue to go there.

CatMan
01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm so proud of Adrian, he has worked so hard for this! Congradulations!!! Much Love,
ct

Hardly Satisfied
01-05-2007, 03:21 AM
on a side note
Did not know that they worked there , all I ever talked to was Steve and Kelly

trailerpark_tj
01-05-2007, 08:14 AM
I just found out who this mysterious "Jeff" guy is :eek:, so when is the official Re Grand Opening party?
When does Lou start anyway? :D

playdeep
01-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I just found out who this mysterious "Jeff" guy is :eek:, so when is the official Re Grand Opening party?
Would that be Jeff as in Clark?
I remember standing across the street at the old Performance Marine...the morning after the Pink gelcoat party at Savage.
...that was bad deal.

DCBDaytona
01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
HaHa

Keith E. Sayre
01-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Steve and Kelly were always fantastic to deal with from our
point of view. Maybe the best rigger and overall mechanic
on the west coast. Certainly could drive that Anaconda!
I hope that they enjoy retired life. We'll miss them.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

slowinhavasu
01-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Steve and Kelly were always fantastic to deal with from our
point of view. Maybe the best rigger and overall mechanic
on the west coast. Certainly could drive that Anaconda!
I hope that they enjoy retired life. We'll miss them.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Well said............:)

ThatsBullShit
01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Why are there good ones and bad ones on here??? The big picture Steve,Kelli and the crew put in 100% effort into each and every customer. So why can't everything on here be good wish and good luck for Steve's health. He was always there for you guys so be here for him. I thank them that have been there for him and posting good stuff about him. Even Aaron from Absolute wishes him good health. There should also be good wishes for Kelli in the office for making everyone happy. So best of wishes to Steve,Kelli,Cristina and Steven J.R. and the rest of the crew good luck.

voodoomedman
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree with you. But I will say that this thread was down in the pits somewhere and you just brought it back into the limelight for it to be once again tore apart by this place. Best wishes to the family and a happy and healthy retirement.
Why are there good ones and bad ones on here??? The big picture Steve,Kelli and the crew put in 100% effort into each and every customer. So why can't everything on here be good wish and good luck for Steve's health. He was always there for you guys so be here for him. I thank them that have been there for him and posting good stuff about him. Even Aaron from Absolute wishes him good health. There should also be good wishes for Kelli in the office for making everyone happy. So best of wishes to Steve,Kelli,Cristina and Steven J.R. and the rest of the crew good luck.

Phat Matt
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
I think we should throw firecrackers at little Steven. :D

DILLIGAF
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree 100% with you on this post.
Again, good luck Steve, Kelli and everybody involved with this.

plaster dave
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I never had one problem with Steve or the crew at Savage in the past. With that said congrats AJ and partner I will still be using your services when needed.:D