PDA

View Full Version : So...my Wells Fargo branch burned down yesterday................

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I wonder if it had to do with someone's ex or not.....lol
The branch is the one on Tustin Avenue in Orange. Sounds like it is pretty much a complete disaster. All valuables in boxes, safe, etc. are accounted for and OK.

Windy
01-03-2007, 08:21 AM
I saw it on the news Tom...it was a fully involved structure fire...3 alarm I believe.

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I saw it on the news Tom...it was a fully involved structure fire...3 alarm I believe.
The paper said 3 alarm. Does that mean 3 fire stations responded?

Windy
01-03-2007, 08:34 AM
My bubby {AdvantageMike here on HB} is a Captain for the City of Orange..I wonder if he was on scene.

phebus
01-03-2007, 08:40 AM
The paper said 3 alarm. Does that mean 3 fire stations responded?
No, an alarm is made of of a complement of units (i.e. 3 engines, a truck, and a medic unit, and battalion chief), so, a three alarm fire would consist of roughly 3 times what I just listed. It does vary though, as once a fire goes two alarms or more, additional trucks or other resources might be added. Also, the command structure builds as the amount of resources goes up.
Some of us feel that as the command structure goes up, the chance of the fire going out, goes down. :D

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Some of us feel that as the command structure goes up, the chance of the fire going out, goes down. :D
Too many cooks in the kitchen?

Havasu1986
01-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Should have had fire sprinklers. Can't count how many times my company has gone out on a call to change a couple of fire sprinklers due to the early stage of the fire. The water damage is alot, buy better saving the building and lives.

phebus
01-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Too many cooks in the kitchen?
It's hard to talk a fire out :D

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 08:51 AM
It's hard to talk a fire out :D
LOL...That is true in all aspects of trying to "get the job done"

RitcheyRch
01-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Wasnt the branch that divulged my personal info. :D

Havasu1986
01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Just drove by there...They will be bulldozing whats left of that building.

CBadDad
01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
That's the new Fire Tetrahedron - heat, fuel, oxygen and fire chiefs. Remove any one of the four and the fire will go out. :idea:

THATJEFFGUY
01-03-2007, 02:38 PM
No, an alarm is made of of a complement of units (i.e. 3 engines, a truck, and a medic unit, and battalion chief), so, a three alarm fire would consist of roughly 3 times what I just listed. It does vary though, as once a fire goes two alarms or more, additional trucks or other resources might be added. Also, the command structure builds as the amount of resources goes up.
Oh so that explains it ! I always thought "3-Alarm" meant dispatch had to tone you guys out three different times, just to get you outta bed or away from the TV :D

Nord
01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I saw it in the morning on my way to work. Tom, I work across from there. Remember I gave you directions?? Still need workboots?? LOL J/K
It was already being gutted out.

DILLIGAF
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I saw it in the morning on my way to work. Tom, I work across from there. Remember I gave you directions?? Still need workboots?? LOL J/K
It was already being gutted out.
LOL...I went to Panera over the holiday season and thought about coming by and saying hi. Ran out of time though.
I will stop in at some point....