PDA

View Full Version : a catered life

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Got any good fish recipes to share? I want to break my red meat habit.
We enjoyed the fresh seafood in the Keys and got kinda spoiled. It's hard to find fresh fish this far inland, but if I get some good recipes, I might be able to make due with whatever I can get here.
Help a sister out :D

Baja Big Dog
01-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Half a slamon filet, wrap in chicken wire, equal parts of whiskey and worstestire(sp) salt and pepper, press sesame seeds on both sides of salmon barb-e-que and baste with mixture, turn over three times basteing each time.
Oh shiit, I think I got a chubby thinking about it!!!

a catered life
01-03-2007, 12:04 PM
funny you ask cause yesterday i did something i never do "buy frozen fish"...i bought some mahi-mahi from costo and tried it last night...it was awesome and real simple.....defrost the portions using real butter, melt a small amount of butter in the micro pour it over the frozen fish, sprinkle some lemon pepper over the filets and a dash of sea salt massage the seasonings into the fish and let it marinade for 30 minutes......place fish on a medium to hot grill and grill on each side for about 5-7 minutes or until fish becomes bouncy and flakey.....serve over wild rice pilaf and baked acorn squash...i also did this to to spice up my plate with color and taste.....sautee using butter or olive oil some red, yellow, green bells, onions, asapargus tips, fresh italian squash, and fresh garlic in a skillet and top fish with mixture...yum yum
i bet tom will love this one

ZBODaytona
01-03-2007, 12:31 PM
swordfish is good that way too....

a catered life
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
swordfish is good that way too....
how did u know is was headed back tomorrow for the swordfish:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds great! I needed an excuse to go to Costco. :D Thanks!

a catered life
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
let me know how it turns out;) remember dont over cook the fish