PDA

View Full Version : I always get choked up when......

No Name
01-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I have to drop off my son at the airport.
I usually just drop him off in front but we got there early so I decided to go inside and hang with him until his plane left. When it was time to say good bye, I gave him a hug a told him I loved him. IÂ’m not the kind of guy to show much emotion but it always makes me glassy-eyed and leaves a pit in my stomach when heÂ’s gone.
I wonÂ’t see him again for about six months. IÂ’ll talk to him a few times a week but heÂ’s usually busy with his college buddies or studying so itÂ’s real short. Since he has gone off to college I have gotten used to him not being here, and to be quite honest I started to like it. But every time he visits I realize how much I really miss him.
It almost makes this 45 year (old man) want to have another oneÂ…Â…....NOT!:D
Enjoy them while theyÂ’re young people because they grow up to damn fast. :cry:

Big Warlock
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Yep, your getting old! But it was worth it right?

CBadDad
01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Cool!
I just got back from lunch with my son. He's 14 and today is the first day of Freshman baseball try-outs and he needed a new cup & sliders. It seems like just yesterday we were playing T-Ball. They sure do grow up fast.

ratso
01-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I have to drop off my son at the airport.
I usually just drop him off in front but we got there early so I decided to go inside and hang with him until his plane left. When it was time to say good bye, I gave him a hug a told him I loved him. IÂ’m not the kind of guy to show much emotion but it always makes me glassy-eyed and leaves a pit in my stomach when heÂ’s gone.
I wonÂ’t see him again for about six months. IÂ’ll talk to him a few times a week but heÂ’s usually busy with his college buddies or studying so itÂ’s real short. Since he has gone off to college I have gotten used to him not being here, and to be quite honest I started to like it. But every time he visits I realize how much I really miss him.
No Name... I know what you mean... My son moved in with his baby's momma awhile back, and I gotta admit I do miss him being around, :( especially since I have to do all the grocery shopping now...:D

ratso
01-03-2007, 01:16 PM
:
...I thought about having another one too, but I wanted to wait til my grandson was about 10 years old so he could help babysit sometime lol...:D

Jrocket
01-03-2007, 01:28 PM
That phrase never really sets in until you have kids.
When your a kid and you hear grown ups say that your like,WTF is this old lady talking about...Then one day after you have a kid,and you say the exact same line for the first time to another person your like,WTF did I just say.:D

Devil's Advocate
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
He's a good kid, hard to see him go and to grow up.

Holland
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Mine are only 12yo son and 11 yo daughter.... I feel as I miss stuff already. I cant imagine them gone.... out... on their own... I may say I cant wait for that sometimes... But I know better!

Keith E. Sayre
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I've been dropping them off and picking them up at airports for 7 years and I've never done it with a dry eye.
11 year old son and 17 year old daughter. Both great kids,never had a minutes trouble with either. Just luck
I suppose.
One time when Ashley was about 10 she refused to get on
the airplane with her mom. I had bribed Ryan who was 4 at the time with a $5 bill not to cry and to get in and put
his headphones on, he said ok dad and took the $5. Then
he asked me who was going to pay me not to cry. about
then I realized Ashley wasn't anywhere to be seen. I found her locked in my truck under a blanket hiding and
refusing to get out and crying her eyes out. The ex and
her boyfriend at the time really needed to get going in order to clear the rockies before a storm that was coming.
It took every ounce of strength that I had to unlock the
truck door and carry her to the plane. When they taxied
away I left in my truck and just before I got to North Palo Verde they flew over me about 50 feet up waving the wings and I almost wrecked the truck waving to them.
If you're married, find a way to make it work. If you have
kids at home, keep them close and spend all your time with them. I would do anything and give anything to have them back.
Can't wait until Spring Break!
Keith Sayre

No Name
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Yep, your getting old! But it was worth it right?
IÂ’m still trying to figure out how too answer that one....lol:D