PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a 07 or 08 Ford truck

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I sold my 04 f-350 not long ago and miss it. I want another truck bad and the deals on 07's are sweat right now. The 08s are available for order and will be here in march.
I am worried that they will have a lot of bugs to work out and it will be in the shop a lot. At the same time I don't want to drive the old body style while the new ones are out. I know it sounds dumb but it is how I feel. I like having the new styles. I know you will say you have a heap of shit old Daytona but that is another story. Mostly that one starts out with the $225,000 price tag.
Should I wait or buy now???
And I don;t want another brand. I have looked at them all and am staying a Ford guy.
What would you do? I know there are a lot of you in the same boat.

Jordy
01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
If you're looking at the new Powerstroke, good luck with all that. Nothing like being a guinea pig for a new platform. You can have it. ;)

a catered life
01-03-2007, 02:23 PM
puck it go for the 09:D

Bre
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Just give me the money if you can't decide:D
Must be nice Mike is all I gotta say! Hope you guys are doing good. I kidnapped Brian for good. He is now a Chino Hills boy:D

H20 Toie
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
i think will all the problems people have had with the 6.0 i would go with the new motor, i have never had a problem with mine but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

speedneeder
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
without a doubt the 08.

riverracerx
01-03-2007, 02:44 PM
resale value. 'nuf said.

TaylorJet
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
neither, go GM

INSman
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Just Go Buy Ford Stock, Cheap Enough At Under $8 !!!!

Sigus
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I sold my 04 f-350 not long ago and miss it. I want another truck bad and the deals on 07's are sweat right now. The 08s are available for order and will be here in march.
I am worried that they will have a lot of bugs to work out and it will be in the shop a lot. At the same time I don't want to drive the old body style while the new ones are out. I know it sounds dumb but it is how I feel. I like having the new styles. I know you will say you have a heap of shit old Daytona but that is another story. Mostly that one starts out with the $225,000 price tag.
And I don;t want another brand. I have looked at them all and am staying a Ford guy.
I am in the same situation. Need to off the 04 and get a 07 / 08. I have been waiting to hear reveiws of the new rides but not alot of information on them yet. Friend of mine works for Ford in Detroit as head engineer for the trany department. He said the new truck is awesome. I haven't spoke with him for a few months so I need to give him call and get a more current update.

Jrocket
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
resale value. 'nuf said.
As in good or bad?

1manshow
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I just bought an 07 last week ,i seen the 08 at the la auto show. i didn't like the price tag or all 7 coolers that are stacked in front of the radiator. The trucks they had there were fixed up and looked bad ass.

reDECKulous
01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Gotta go with the 07... or wait the new style out a year and wait for the 09's

dumbandyoung
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
buy the 08.. i would have waited but i was in a bad wreck in august and had to buy a new truck then,, wait for the 08.

Riveratz
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I just bought an 07 F350 in September and have put 8k miles on it so far running back and fourth to Havasu. At 5K miles the rear main seal started leaking (Small Leak) but ford replaced it immediately. Other than that I have always been a GM person but love the new ford. I have heard there are thousands of new parts since the inception of the 6.0 a few years back. I didn't want an 08 for the Low Sulphur diesel requirement. just my .02 worth.

work2play
01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
The new 08's will be awesome. The interiors are hot and the engine is hotter. They have been using the engines in midsized trucks for a while now. So there won't be any kinks to work out. Ford knows it has to be right on this time. If you can't make up your mind then you had better wait for the 08's. But the prices on the 07's are so low it will more than make up for the higher resale value of the 08's. If your on a budget then grab an 07. The demand for the 08's is growing daily and that means steals won't be had for awhile. I'm the new car manager at ST. George Ford in Utah.

Flyinbowtie
01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
If you can stand the wait, I'd wait.
They know the new truck has to be right; their reputation is clearly riding on it. I have owned trucks from all the big three, and currently own a '97 F-350 4x4 CC PSD dually with 77k on it.
I am doing my best to make it last forever.:D IMHO the early 7.3 was the best of the breed. I like Ford trucks, but if I had to have a truck right now, today, I am afraid I'd be down at the Generous Motors Dealer looking at a Duramax.
(Never thought I'd say that)
I have a friend in the HD diesel bizz, he says that Cummins has the evolutionary track for the 5.9 block planned out for the next 15 years, and Isuzu/Chevrolet have long-term development plans for the D-Max as well. Since the demise of the 7.3 PSD, Ford and IH have been unable to get anything on the ground that has lasted long enough to get long-term development on the drawing board.

cc322
01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I think it is safe to buy one now? As far as having the most rescent body style, 2010 the Superduty is going to have a complete make over, as where the 08's body style isnt that different then the 99-07, except the healights of course. There some great deals to be had on the 07's

cc322
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
neither, go GM
Re read his post...he said he wanted a truck:wink:

riverroyal
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
i just put up a thread about mine.08 with twin turbos I would stay away from til 09

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I just got home with an 07. I will just buy an 08 when I feel safer. Anyways I bought a white f-250 diesel Lariat 4x4. Feels good to be back.
Hopefully I got a good one.
Btw under 40 grand every option there is except sunroof. I thought that was smokin. Sticker was 51,000

Zaairman
01-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Ford has done HUNDREDS of thousands of miles of testing on the new 6.4TT Powerstroke motor. It's not being rushed into production like the 6.Uhoh. Also, all service departments must undergo training to learn how to work on the 6.4s before the dealer can sell them. I'd go with the 2008, but you already bought your 2007 so enjoy it! And get some pics of it!

INSman
01-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I just got home with an 07. I will just buy an 08 when I feel safer. Anyways I bought a white f-250 diesel Lariat 4x4. Feels good to be back.
Hopefully I got a good one.
Btw under 40 grand every option there is except sunroof. I thought that was smokin. Sticker was 51,000
Congrats Mikey, enjoy !! :D

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I drove the 08 in a focus group in it is very nice. The interior is luxury and VERY, VERY quiet. Towed 10k with it and it did very well. The throw you through the windshield downshifts are gone. Motor is refined and quiet. Power was decent but I was expecting more. Front end is Ugly and the red side grills to badge as a Powerstroke are SUPER ugly. Prices are going to be shocking, it did make my 05 feel sloppy, loud, and generic.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I drove the 08 in a focus group in it is very nice. The interior is luxury and VERY, VERY quiet. Towed 10k with it and it did very well. The throw you through the windshield downshifts are gone. Motor is refined and quiet. Power was decent but I was expecting more. Front end is Ugly and the red side grills to badge as a Powerstroke are SUPER ugly. Prices are going to be shocking, it did make my 05 feel sloppy, loud, and generic.
Sounds like you liked it and hate it all at the same time. I guess we will wait and see. I like the quiet part. Mine is soooo freekin loud. Thats OK, chicks dig it!!!:D