PDA

View Full Version : Tom Papp Memorial Fund

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Like me, I know that many of you have known and appreciated Tom Papp over the past years. The news of his death this week was not only a real shock but also will be a true loss to all of us. Knowing that the family could use a little extra support at this time, with their permission I have created a memorial account in TommyÂ’s name. If you would like to add to this remembrance, you may make your check payable to:
Tom Papp Memorial Fund
c/o Mohave State Bank
1771 McCulloch Blvd.
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Or
www.paypal.com ,
e-mail address: tompapp@justjetboats.com
accepts credit or debit cards
or
Tom Papp Memorial Fund
c/o Advanced Computer Management
1642 McCulloch Blvd N #234
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Although contributions to this memorial fund are not tax deductible, I know that they will have real meaning to the family. Please note that 100% of monies received will be forwarded on to the family of Tom Papp.
Thank you,
Shawn Demaret
928-208-0291

shippingguy
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I will put a check in the mail first thing tomorrow. Tom was a great guy and he will definitely be missed. I used to chat with him every Friday when I am up at the Ultra showroom in Corona. Those Fridays will definitely be different from now on. He was a giving person that has helped a lot of people out and never asked for anything in return.

shippingguy
01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
You may want to post this in the Sandbar as well because not everyone visits JUST JETS. Jsut a suggestion.

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I will put a check in the mail first thing tomorrow. Tom was a great guy and he will definitely be missed. I used to chat with him every Friday when I am up at the Ultra showroom in Corona. Those Fridays will definitely be different from now on. He was a giving person that has helped a lot of people out and never asked for anything in return.
You may want to post this in the Sandbar as well because not everyone visits JUST JETS. Jsut a suggestion.
thank you , I did as well as the V-Drive section

bordsmnj
01-03-2007, 07:13 PM
paypal siad "this recipient is not yet registered" but there sending an email to his address to let who ever know to register under that email address. -jas

shippingguy
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
thank you , I did as well as the V-Drive section
Your welcome.

HammerDown
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
A tragic loss to the Jet Boating community.
And a great person in general that will be missed dearly...:(

Bottle Fed
01-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm making progress on the "In Loving Memory of Tom Papp"stickers. I'm planning on the stickers being done by next week some time. Moneysuckers is sending the art work to the sticker guy (Triton Imaging)that i use for my high volumn orders. I found out this afternoon that a burial fund is being set up for Tommy. Tommys friends and I are doing fund raising stuff such as the stickers and the TPR calendars that I did for him this year. All proceeds are going to reimburse his mother that picked up the cost of his burial which was somewhere around $5000. The stickers will cost $10 each and the calendars are $20 each or 3 for $50. For those of you that may not know I have been doing calendars for Tommy for the last 4 years that feature race and river boats that he is associated to. This years 2007 calendar has over 70 pictures in it and 26 of those are large racing pics. Thanks for any and all help, Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 08:01 PM
paypal siad "this recipient is not yet registered" but there sending an email to his address to let who ever know to register under that email address. -jas
Jas
I just sent some cash to it and it worked fine.

bordsmnj
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
10-4. it's all good then.

FOURQ
01-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm making progress on the "In Loving Memory of Tom Papp"stickers. I'm planning on the stickers being done by next week some time. Moneysuckers is sending the art work to the sticker guy (Triton Imaging)that i use for my high volumn orders. I found out this afternoon that a burial fund is being set up for Tommy. Tommys friends and I are doing fund raising stuff such as the stickers and the TPR calendars that I did for him this year. All proceeds are going to reimburse his mother that picked up the cost of his burial which was somewhere around $5000. The stickers will cost $10 each and the calendars are $20 each or 3 for $50. For those of you that may not know I have been doing calendars for Tommy for the last 4 years that feature race and river boats that he is associated to. This years 2007 calendar has over 70 pictures in it and 26 of those are large racing pics. Thanks for any and all help, Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff
Jeff great for Becker Photography to step up and help out too. I am sure that we can beat the goal of the $5000 needed. as i spoke with Nancy Tommy's sister tonight she also gave the go ahead to look into an NJBA BGJ trophy sponsor in Tommy's name. I have been in contact with Willis and am waiting for some numbers.
the family is greatfull to all of you that have stepped up to the plate to help out during the tragic time for them.

FOURQ
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
There have been many questions as to if this is a true memorial fund for Tommy. the answer is yes. his mother is 72 also on a fixed income. Tommy had no insurance for medical expenses nor was there enough funds to pay for a proper burial. Marianne has payed for this using a credit card but has no means to pay the debt back. At the request of the family I have set this up. I live in Havasu and have direct relation to the bank being used. Mohave State Bank has donated the account with NO expense incurred of any type. All monies received will go directly to Tom's mother Marianne Papp...I am in contact with the family daily and all monies are discussed. also any and all account transactions are available to anyone that requests them from me.
The service will be held Saturday January 13, 2007 any and all are welcome to come pay tribute to Tommy. Whether you were a friend, customer, seen him at the track or just plain liked his boats ALL are welcome.
in Laue of flowers please donate to the Memorial fund.
if you are not comfortable making the donation to the Memorial fund there will be a donation box at the service.
The services will be held at:
Crestlawn Memorial Park
11500 Arlington Avenue
Riverside, CA 92505
Date:
Saturday January 13th, 2007
Time:
10am

moneysucker
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Sent the vector art today. The boat in them is the latest sticker I created of the TPR Stealth. Fortunately, Tom was able to see that version and liked them. He will be missed and the knowlede he gave to everyone hopefully will be remembered and relayed to others as Tom would do. He definately made his mark in this world and will be missed.I wish I could do the memorial stickers myself but due to time and hardware constraints, I am not able to complete something of this size at this time.

Bottle Fed
01-06-2007, 03:00 PM
If everyone could, please visit the sticky thread at the top of the forum here about the Tom Papp Memorial Fund.
Tommy's mother is paying for the funeral, she's on a fixed income. While Tommy's shop was growing, it took a lot of $$$ to keep that shop afloat. I'm sure if it's $10, $15 or $200 ... whatever can be donated will go directly to her.
It's about $5,000 that's out there and we are far from reaching that number to put Tommy to rest. Every penny will help.
I know I don't like to air out my needs, so I hope saying this isn't out of line ... but I know that she could really use some help. Please do what you can, I know he would do the same.
Thanks,
Brian
Brian has said it like it is. I wish it was a prettier picture than it is but it's not. The $5000 for the burial stuff is just the start. Theirs also the expense of the cerimony and many other things that are hidden from us that are not working directly at the shop and with the family right now. I'm doing to stickers and directing all proseeds from the calendar sales to the fund. Sean has setup the fund cause he has that resourses available and we appreciate that he took the time to do so. I'm hoping to raise several thousand from the sticker and calendar sales alone. Anything helps right now and the family appreciates it. Thanks again for guys support.
Jeff

TrollerDave
01-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Jeff - Where can I buy a sticker or calendar? :confused:
Jeff

Bottle Fed
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Jeff - Where can I buy a sticker or calendar? :confused:
1. I will have the stickers and calendars available at tommys memorial this weekend,
2. I will leave a bunch of them at tommys shop and can be picked up from there. There are calendars all ready there but I'm not sure how many are left right now.
3. If these options don't work I can mail them with a bit more to cover the mailing. stickers will be cheap to mail but the 13 month calendars are a bit thick and cost a bit more to mail. If you want them mailed all I need is your address to send them to and you can send a check to me (jeff Becker). My address is
3798 Carol ln.
Ramona, CA 92065
I am also planning on having them at the first njba race too. Thanks for the interest in them and as many of you already know Tommys family appreciates it.
Jeff

disco_charger
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I just left some money. I know it's awful close to the funeral, and I can't make it because of some work issues, but God bless Tom and his family.

DILLIGAF
01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Done...
RIP TP

FOURQ
01-10-2007, 07:08 PM
thanks to all that have donated as of today we are only at a little over $600. I know some of you are going to give at the service. come on guys if you haven't given please do its for a good cause. Tommy was there for ALL of you now its time to help his family.

DILLIGAF
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
thanks to all that have donated as of today we are only at a little over $600. I know some of you are going to give at the service. come on guys if you haven't given please do its for a good cause. Tommy was there for ALL of you now its time to help his family.
Did my check from Tom, Justin and Sky W. get there yet? It was sent via a company check to the Mohave State Bank fund last week.
Come on people. TP was very liberal with his time with anybody that would show up at his shop or on the phone if you called.

FOURQ
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Did my check from Tom, Justin and Sky W. get there yet? It was sent via a company check to the Mohave State Bank fund last week.
Come on people. TP was very liberal with his time with anybody that would show up at his shop or on the phone if you called.
i have not seen check images yet from the bank there were 2 that were sent in. if you want to pm me the amount i can look and see.

78Southwind
01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Shawn as you know the headers sold and you should receive $250 to the fund. Good job putting this all together.

FOURQ
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I wanted to thank everyone that steped up and helped out. The Family also thanks you all. As of tonight with all the stickers, calanders and other TPR goodies sold at the service along with all your donations we have exceded the costs for putting Tommy to rest. all other donations will be used to keep Tommy's name around in the racing community per the family. nothing is set in stone as to what is going to be done but i still want to encourage you all if you havent donated to the cause please do it is for a GREAT cause.
thanks
Shawn
RIP TOMMY

FOURQ
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
yes it did get there.. THANK YOU

RubberDucky
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Well where do I Start? That was one of the toughest times that
I have ever gone through, I went to my and Cy's Grand parents funerals, it was tough, but this was pretty hard for me. Im very close to my family. I dont know what Toms magic was, but I think that it touched every racer, or boat owner. He will be missed by every one in my family from my parents to my little sister to my baby who I didn't get to tell him that was on the way (Chenyl told me after the World Finals) maby I did tell him, I dont rember now. I just got home, Jimmy and I argued all the way home about the boat,and racing. I am not having a good night, I'm pretty sure that no one is. R.I.P. Tom Papp. You are one of a kind, and will be missed by all you touched, and that is more than you think.

FOURQ
01-14-2007, 02:52 PM
FOURQ, It was a lovely service today and a very fitting tribute to Tom Papp, the son, the brother, the father, the friend, the racer. It really captured the essence of the person that Tom was. I don't think it has really sunk in that Tommy is no longer with us but I, myself, haven't felt this much of a loss since my Dad passed away.
I'm glad that all of us could give Tommy and his family something in return for all that he had given us over the years. As I looked out over everyone that attended I couldn't help but think that no one HAD to be there but that everyone WANTED to be there as Tommy had touched each and everyone in some special way. I know I'll always carry a part of Tommy forever.
God bless everyone,
Michael Fulton->Rio
ps. as some of us still have more contributions coming in, how long will this address be in effect?
yes it was great, it was hard but best of all is just like you said everyone that was there WANTED TO BE THERE...
the account will be open for as long as it is needed.
i just collected another $500 for the fund today alone, so keep it coming guys..
I got the word on what it would cost to sponsor the BGJ trophy for the year and it is $900 i know i would really like to make this happen so if you all could throw a little more support or if you haven't pleas send it in.
I also would like to point out the look on Tommy's moms face when she was informed of the $5000 mark being exceeded was priceless. the family thanks all of you very much for your support..
Shawn

Bottle Fed
01-14-2007, 08:32 PM
What an awesome day it was yesterday. It was great to see the support for the family as well as the amount of people that came to say good by to our beloved friend(among many other adjetives) Tom Papp. More great news is that with the sales of stickers, calendars, other related stuff and with the donations that came to me for marianne (Toms mother) we raised over $5000 to help her with the bills that have came about. I applaud all of the contributers and I wish you all could see her face when we handed that to her. It was amazing. I don't know exactly what the amount will be to cover the expenses but I know we have helped alot. Lets keep up the awesome work and once again I and his family thank all of you.
Jeff

Bense468
01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
RIP TOMMY
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3549/tompapp2hw7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1135/tompapp3ml2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6364/tompappwk7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Check out the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Wvs6qC2O8

IfYouOnlyKnew
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
As the days have passed we find ourselves healing slowly, and recalling many wonderful memories. We have remembered each day the incredible support of Tom's friends....
Our family was overwhelmed with your kindness...the donations to the Memorial Fund, cards, flowers, and continued caring. Each special act of kindness is treasured, and certainly never forgotten.
While this forum certainly doesn't take the place of a "personal" note of thanks to each of you, we hope that you know how much we appreciate everything.
Our family looks forward to seeing many of you at upcoming races. We'll be there for the first race in Bakersfield....please be sure and say hello.
With sincere thanks,
The Papp Family

IfYouOnlyKnew
02-27-2007, 08:18 PM
As the days have passed we find ourselves healing slowly, and recalling many wonderful memories. We have remembered each day the incredible support of Tom's friends....
Our family was overwhelmed with your kindness...the donations to the Memorial Fund, cards, flowers, and continued caring. Each special act of kindness is treasured, and certainly never forgotten.
While this forum certainly doesn't take the place of a "personal" note of thanks to each of you, we hope that you know how much we appreciate everything.
Our family looks forward to seeing many of you at upcoming races. We'll be there for the first race in Bakersfield....please be sure and say hello.
With sincere thanks,
The Papp Family