PDA

View Full Version : Screwed Again!

mickeyfinn
01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
This sux. It is sitting on Bush's desk. If he signs it, it will become law unless congress acts. No action needed to become law. This is what happens when we as a people quit participating in government:
Feds Hide Social Security Deal With Mexico
NewsMax ^ | July 3, 2006 | Dave Eberhart
Posted on 07/03/2006 5:50:34 AM PDT by conservativecorner
WASHINGTON -- "We might be on the cusp of giving billions of dollars worth of our senior's Social Security money to illegal Mexican workers, and it's getting almost no media attention whatsoever," warned Brad Phillips, a spokesman for TREA Senior Citizens League, one of the nation's largest nonpartisan seniors groups with 1.2 million members.
TREA Senior Citizens League filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit in U.S. District Court Thursday morning - after what the group styled as "numerous refusals over three years by the U.S. Department of State and Social Security Administration to provide a draft of - or virtually any pertinent information regarding - the impact of the Totalization Agreement with Mexico on the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund."
The Totalization Agreement could allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to draw billions of dollars from the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund. The agreement between the U.S. and Mexico was signed in June 2004, and is awaiting President Bush's signature.
"President Bush has expressed his support for this Agreement, and we believe that regardless of the current immigration debate, his most likely window for signing it is immediately after the 2006 midterm elections when no one is looking," TREA spokesman Brad Phillips told NewsMax.
Once President Bush approves the agreement, which would be done without congressional vote, either house would have 60 days to disapprove the agreement by voting to reject it.
"We are outraged that our government won't tell us how much they plan to take out of the Social Security Trust Fund to pay for the Totalization Agreement with Mexico, and we want to know what they're hiding," said Ralph McCutchen, Chairman of the TREA Senior Citizens League.
"Our 1.2 million elderly members didn't play by the rules and sacrifice through two World Wars so we could fund millions of workers who crossed the border and decided to work here illegally," McCutchen added.
Under the Totalization Agreement, millions of illegal Mexicans working in the United States today could claim benefits from the Social Security Trust Fund for work performed while in the United States illegally. They could do so through immigration amnesty, through which they could claim past Social Security payments for illegal work.
They could also potentially return to Mexico and claim credits for illegal work in the U.S., or claim payments through other as yet undisclosed methods.
The U.S. currently has 21 similar agreements in effect with other nations, which are intended to eliminate dual taxation for persons who work outside their country of origin. All of the agreements are with developed nations with economies similar to that of the U.S.
For example, a worker who turns 62 after 1990 generally needs 40 calendar quarters of coverage to receive retirement benefits. Under Totalization agreements, a partial benefit can be paid based on the proportion of the worker's total career completed in the paying country.

ratso
01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!http://***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Woah! That sucks.
I had a hard time rubbing one out while reading that. I managed, but just. I never know what to do with my hands, you know?

Rexone
01-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Our government is fockin retarded. Not much more I can say I haven't already said.

photo chick
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Woah! That sucks.
I had a hard time rubbing one out while reading that. I managed, but just. I never know what to do with my hands, you know?
You gotta be tired by now!!!!

DMOORE
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I wonder if this is how the Romans felt as thier civilization collapsed around them? It all starts somewhere.
Darrell.

vmjtc3
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
:devil: :sqeyes: can we all say bloody revolution

Jbb
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
You gotta be tired by now!!!!
or sore...:D

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
:devil: :sqeyes: can we all say bloody revolution
My purple friend certainly can.

Havasu Carrera
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
They have more rights,benefeits and FREE MONEY than I do.
Oh and if they kill someone they can just run home to freedom! lol
And their families can take my tax money and feed their families and their families and send the rest of MY tax money to take care of the family menber that shot OUR kids in OUR streets who lives in Cabo sucking margaritas on the beach.
OK Kill ME.:idea:

photo chick
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
or sore...:D
:D :D

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Turn that frown upside down, HC.
It's not so bad. ...... for the illegals, that is.

Havasu Carrera
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Thank you TB (made me laugh) Happy new year.:) :) :) :) :)
Ok I turned it upside down and spun it around to!! Just for you.
Hey now that I think of it. Since their all coming up here to get my free $$ will there be more space on the beach in Cabo so I can work on my tan and suck up some Corona's?? Heck I won't need my shrink anymore without all the stress! Juskiddin........!

vmjtc3
01-03-2007, 06:41 PM
My purple friend certainly can.
Hey dont you canadian's have some more spiders to drug or somthing. (anything besides spankin it all day):)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

Rexone
01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc
Good one.
I think I read where Tom is in charge of that entire department.

wsuwrhr
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I have often wondered the same thing.
I wonder if this is how the Romans felt as thier civilization collapsed around them? It all starts somewhere.
Darrell.

chub
01-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Happy New year Tom Brown!:D

Boatcop
01-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Here is some information on Totalization Agreements:
From the IRS WebSite
Totalization Agreements
The United States has entered into agreements, called Totalization Agreements, with several nations for the purpose of avoiding double taxation of income with respect to social security taxes. These agreements must be taken into account when determining whether any alien is subject to the United States Social Security/Medicare tax, or whether any U.S. citizen or resident alien is subject to the social security taxes of a foreign country. As of this time, the following nations have entered into Totalization Agreements with the United States:
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Copies of the Totalization Agreements may be obtained from the Social Security Administration at the following address:
Social Security Administration
Office of International Programs
P.O. Box 17741
Baltimore, Maryland 21235-7741
If you live outside the United States and wish to contact the Social Security Administration, please refer to "I live outside the U.S. How do I contact the Social Security" on the SSA web page "Answers to your Questions".
If you have questions about international Social Security agreements, call the Social Security Administration's Office of International Programs at (410) 965-3549 or (410) 965-0144. However, please do not call these numbers if you wish to inquire about an individual benefit claim.
The Social Security Administration also publishes small brochures which concisely describe the terms of each totalization agreement. These brochures are available from many local Social Security offices, or may be ordered from the following toll-free number: 1-800-772-1213. In addition, the complete text of these brochures and of the totalization agreements themselves are available on the Social Security Administration's Website .
Any alien who wishes to claim an exemption from U.S. Social Security taxes and Medicare taxes because of a totalization agreement must secure a Certificate of Coverage from the social security agency of his home country and present such Certificate of Coverage to his employer in the United States, according to the procedures set forth in Revenue Procedures 80-56, 84-54, and Revenue Ruling 92-9. An alternate procedure is provided in these revenue procedures for an alien who is unable to secure a Certificate of Coverage from his home country.
And here:
http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factsheets/USandMexico-alt.htm
This act benefits US workers in Mexico, a whole lot more more than it benefits Mexican workers here. Basically it means that foreign workers over here can present a certificate from their home country saying they can be exempt from SS/Medicare taxes due to coverage from their home country. Which basically means that if they don't contribute, they don't collect from the US, since they will collect from Mexico Social Security. That exemption makes them exempt from US benefits.
It's estimated to cost 105 million per year. By comparison, a similar agreement with Canada (you listening, Brown? :D ) cost the US 197 million in 2002.

Tom Brown
01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
It's estimated to cost 105 million per year. By comparison, a similar agreement with Canada (you listening, Brown? :D ) cost the US 197 million in 2002.
Thanks. .... just rubbed another one out. :cool: