PDA

View Full Version : Progress and questions/recommendations...

Carlson455
01-04-2007, 06:39 PM
slowly working on the Carlson...making some progress on the engine...waitng on the upholstery shop for interior work...the motor is now 461 c.i...455 stroked .030...220 duration, 490 lift cam...valve springs sittin at 140lbs...pushrods cut to 9.85 inches..9.6.1 CR...Eldelbrock Torker aluminum intake, DUI marine ignition and a Holley 600 marine carb.....what recommendations do you a have on carpet?...good companies?...what number?...how bout some gauges?...looking at Autometers, but any other ideas?...also how about some stereo equipment?...im gonna go with 4 6x9's id say...1 set stationary....1 set movable to set on the bow when partying....what are you guys running for speakers and HU's....i also wanna get a remote to mount in the back by the deck kinda like a ski boat has....jus looking for some ideas.....thanks for any responses...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Looks like its going to be a solid lake boat build. You will be happy with that cam that you have. I ran a similar in a olds a few years back and it was killer. I would bump the carb up though, like a 750/800 or 850. Olds like carb!!
Guages, go to rexmar and check out the beede guages! They have a killer price and look nice. I am running beede and they are good. Rex has a full set for around $120.
Hu, would depend on what your doing. Try to get a mp3 player with ipod hook ups. Ipod is the hot ticket. They dont skip and you can have days of music.
Speakers, well that depends on the power and your wallet. Look for rms power NOT peak. Rms is actual power. Get a decent 4 channel with a good X-over and you will be fine. If you have a decnet set and a decent amp it will be loud