PDA

View Full Version : High Point, NC races this year...?

Hondo Jet
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Ambusher, are there going to be races in High Point this year?

Big Boys Toy PE857
01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Hondo,
Don't mean to be stepping on Ambusher, (apologies) but I do know the answer to that question. Yes, there are races scheduled for High Point. However, from what I have read on other sites they won't be drag boats. I think they will be outboard tunnell hull type races, ala circle racing. Might be interesting but in my opinion will lack the thrill of the old World Fuel and Gas Championship Drag Boat Series.

Hondo Jet
01-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I never made it to any of the High Point races before they quit doing them. I was sure hoping drag racing would be coming back. I would be nice if there were another close one besides Augusta. Thank you for the info, if you hear or read anything different give us a heads up.

Big Boys Toy PE857
01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
You can find quite a bit of drag boat info on the "Drag Boat Alley" website. Thats where they were discussing High Point. Plus there is a group of members there talking about potential new race sites on the East coast and particularly South-East. Also there must be 200+ pictures from High Point, Augusta, and other Southern vinues from 1975 and up. Lots of Eddie Hill, Gordon Padgett, Kyle Walker, top fuel memories.