PDA

View Full Version : Verizon FiOS...

Riverkid
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I have the fiber phone/internet. Now they have the TV service. Anyone using this? :)

voodoomedman
01-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I have the fiber phone/internet. Now they have the TV service. Anyone using this? :)TV service is not available here yet. Only like in Virginia or something like that.

Caribbean Jet
01-05-2007, 02:06 PM
My neighbors have it and said that they like theres more than Dish... They said the prices were better.

ssmike
01-05-2007, 02:23 PM
what is the cost for the fiber internet? Do you know the up/down speeds?
I had FOIS in Sacramento and have missed it ever since.....I didnt think the Verizon stuff was in the OC yet.

Riverkid
01-05-2007, 02:32 PM
TV service is not available here yet. Only like in Virginia or something like that.
They are putting our order in for install on the 16th... :D
5 and 15mps on the internet stuff...

Caribbean Jet
01-05-2007, 02:34 PM
i pay 29.95 and I believe that its 5 meg up loads and 2 meg down loads. You can pay another 10 buck and get 15 meg uploads and 2 meg down loads. I just looked and it appears that there new offer price wenty up to 39.95. Maybe you get a better deal if you sign up for a year,

Dawn Patrol
01-05-2007, 02:36 PM
what is the cost for the fiber internet? Do you know the up/down speeds?
I had FOIS in Sacramento and have missed it ever since.....I didnt think the Verizon stuff was in the OC yet.
We have it in Huntington Beach. Its coming through right around 13,000 mps down. I think it is 700 up but not sure. We have the phone and internet and love it. My work line is fast but not even close to my home connection. :)

voodoomedman
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
i pay 29.95 and I believe that its 5 meg up loads and 2 meg down loads. You can pay another 10 buck and get 15 meg uploads and 2 meg down loads. I just looked and it appears that there new offer price wenty up to 39.95. Maybe you get a better deal if you sign up for a year,
I pay 29 as well for 5 meg. If you are already a DSL subscriber they will upgrade you to the FIOS service for the same price. Now I want to see about this TV deal. Why is Corona getting it before me?

Riverkid
01-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Tore up everybody's lawn installing the fiber runs. All depends on if you have fiber available and what the current loading is... :D

voodoomedman
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Tore up everybody's lawn installing the fiber runs. All depends on if you have fiber available and what the current loading is... :D
I know all that. Chino was one of the pilot cities. They dug up all the stuff and my house was built with Fiber to the Premises. I have had it since I moved in. I think the TV thing has to do with negotiating a contract with the city or something to do TV. I'm sure Time Warner's contract probably has something to do with it as well.

Riverkid
01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
You're right. Just messing with you. I think it's all in delaing with the city cable guys.

Caribbean Jet
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Funny story about this. When they installed the lines it was suppose to be down like 36" but the sub only went down about 10" My neighbor cored his curb and cut the line about a week after they finished in front of our homes. Verizon came out screaming threatening them with a $50K lawsuit. Long story short they came back with a huge appology and the original contractors seemed to be gone right after that.

Parker Dreamin
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
They just installed it in parts of Torrance but I have yet to make the change. Somebody on here is/was the contractor doing the installs.....