PDA

View Full Version : Northwesterner in 'Bama for 2 months

Tahiti350
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Help,
Going thru boaters withdrawls!!!! I'm Military (US Air Force) in Montgomery, Al until around 20 Feb. Looking for any local boaters that wouldn't mind meeting. Weekends are fairly free, weeknights are bad, in school and have homework
(at 43 years old??? this suxs).
GaryB> Tahiti350

BIGCHRIS
01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Gary,i am a good ways from you but hope you have a good time while your here, i am sure the weather here is a little better than home :)

Tahiti350
01-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Believe it or not there are only 2 major differences in the weather, the temp is currently about 15-20 degrees warmer (which is nice), and the wind blows in circles.... Been here 3 days and had Tornado warnings yesterday morning... YEA!!!!! That's a part of life I can live without.
I was stationed in NC from '81-85 and OK from '89-93, so tornado's are nothing new, just didn't think I'd be here again...
Where are all the 'Bama boaters??

Tahiti350
01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, maybe there aren't any true Hot Boaters in 'Bama.

Tahiti350
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Okay, now I know there are no true HB'ers in Alabama. I'm stuck In Montgomery for another month, and no one here has even posted to say hello, or told me to get screw_d... definately not like the bunch I run with at home. I suppose with it being January they may all be hibernating, but with the weather here this weekend (sunshine and 50*+) I'd have been out on the river if I had my sled here with me.
Ya'all 'Bama Boaters have fun this summer, and if ya eer come up to the NW look me up and I'll come out and show ya around a little.

RICHARD TILL
01-28-2007, 03:45 PM
dont know about Montgomery but there are a few racers just north in the Birmingham and Gadsden area. thats as far south as my little bit of knowledge spans. any marinas around there? they would know.

Tahiti350
01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Haven't had a chance to get out on the town to hit the marina's, I'm in a formal training program, and don't have a car. US Air Force, out at Gunter AFB. I know there have to be a few HB type boaters, just trying to flush them out of the woodwork.....
Ya'all don't take me too seriously, i've got roots up in the Fort PAyne/ Scottsboro area so I'm one of you....

fat rat
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm in a formal training program, and don't have a car. US Air Force, out at Gunter AFB. ..... ....
Are you going thorough the SNCO academy?

RICHARD TILL
01-29-2007, 10:28 PM
theres got to be boaters. too much water around that area. hibernation, thats what it is. in 74 & 75 i worked at the nuclear plant in scottsboro. was`nt into boating then but i was impressed by all those lakes. i`ve got a nephew in the A.F. went to visit him at sheppard, spandahlem and kirtland. thats where he is now but gotta be in south korea by april 10. he`s in the a.g.e. dept. i think that stands for aerospace ground equipment. not sure bout that. if its possible i`m going over to korea and see him later this year.

Tahiti350
01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Are you going thorough the SNCO academy?
fat rat, check your p.m.'s
Richard,
PLEASE don't put info like locations and dates out on the internet like this, it may be the piece of info that "someone" is looking for....
I understand and thanks for supporting him through his moves, it's cool to go over and see some of the places with him.