PDA

View Full Version : Message to NICE PAIR

LandSpeedRacer
01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
NICE PAIR,
Been real busy this week and haven't had much of a chance to write. First of all I just wanted to say it was great to meet you at CFW, although as I said then I thought I would never get the chance.
I want to apologize for putting the name NICE PAIR on the back of my boat. When I did a year and a half ago, I had just got it and really still am new to boating, and then had not heard of anyone else using the name. To be honest, although I have been a big fan of boating, especially drag boats for most of my life, I never expected just 2 years ago we would be building one. The 70 Sanger I own started out as a real good deal I got, I happened to have an engine combination, and I needed something to put it in as a test bed for our land speed record attempt either this year or next. The combination I have put together is an idea I have had for a long time and although will appear different in the car we are putting it in, the dynamics of how it works will be the same. Our goal is 310 mph, and hopefully this year my son and I can go through licensing and maybe get up to 200 mph at Bonneville in Utah. So I put together the boat as a test bed, to have some fun with, and to enjoy my time with my son while I am still here. That in itself is another story, and I won't get into it here.
So little by little we are working out the bugs and having a great time doing it. Honestly, the set up I built runs better than expected, and I have decided to leave it in the boat and keep working on harnessing free energy on the water. The lsr car will get new stuff, although I will use a Hilborn four port instead of making my own mechanical fuel injection work wiith turbos as I did with the boat. The biggest benefit of all is that we have been so welcomed and met so many great people, never once have we felt we were outsiders.
My point in all of this is I have met a lot of great people and I really don't care who has a hoopty boat, row boat, outboard (I own 2 myself), v-drive, jet or a Top Fuel Hydro, I am honered to be a part of it and really just want to get along, have fun and be out on the water like everyone else while we all still can.
So, against the protest of others, I am removing the 24kt gold leaf lettering "NICE PAIR" from the back of my boat. I strive on being different and doing my own thing (and I am sure those who have seen my tow vehicles and boat would agree), and the last thing I will ever do is steal someone elses thunder by using their name.
Hope we can hook up and have a cold one at CFW on Fathers Day, and if I dont see you until then, take care.:D
Scott
Scott Corey Racing
1970 Flat Bottom V-drive Twin Turbo

DAVEO
01-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Your boat motor was a wild look. I just wish we could have seen it run. From what you just said What a guy. I would have just told that old sheephurder to deal with it.
So what is the new name going to be.
How about nice twinns
J/K Steve

Dimarco21
01-06-2007, 11:28 AM
What a guy!!! SCREW HIM!!! I would have just told that old sheephurder to deal with it!!:mad:
I agree with you DaveO. Who does that Nice Pair guy think he is. N-Shit.:D

DAVEO
01-06-2007, 11:34 AM
The name God.

DCBob
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree with you DaveO. Who does that Nice Pair guy think he is. N-Shit.:D
Hey LandSpeedRacer, from the sounds of your letter you're the kind of guy we need in boating;) I think Steve (NP) could deal w/someone sharing the name as long as Nice Pair wasn't used in a gay way:jawdrop: if ya know what I mean:sqeyes:

NICE PAIR
01-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Scott, It was nice meeting you also. Had a great day @ CFW, met a lot of cool peeps. You obviously have a gazillion hrs. and a ton of care invested in your rig. There are no copyrights that I'm aware of fo boat names.
I appreciate your honorable gesture, am no way, offended or mad, and if you choose to change the name on your boat, it is entirely your choice.
BTW, with the support team I have, maybe I should take the name off my boat.;) Thanx a bunch Daveo, D21, DCBob.
Disclaimer:The name "Nice Pair" was never associated with sheep.:D N-shit

DCBob
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Scott, It was nice meeting you also. Had a great day @ CFW, met a lot of cool peeps. You obviously have a gazillion hrs. and a ton of care invested in your rig. There are no copyrights that I'm aware of fo boat names.
I appreciate your honorable gesture, am no way, offended or mad, and if you choose to change the name on your boat, it is entirely your choice.
BTW, with the support team I have, maybe I should take the name off my boat.;) Thanx a bunch Daveo, D21, DCBob.
Disclaimer:The name D-21 was always associated with sheep.:D N-shit
Huh:confused:

NICE PAIR
01-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Huh:confused:
Butt they were'nt twins. N-shit

DAVEO
01-06-2007, 12:07 PM
your welcome NP. You are the original Nice pair and always will be....N-shiat

BLEWBAYOU1
01-06-2007, 12:39 PM
LSR, It was nice meeting you on New Years day. I liked the picture that went along with the name "Nice Pair". Good luck in your Quest!
God Speed, Brian

BLEWBAYOU1
01-06-2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3621pics_private_199-med.jpg

BLEWBAYOU1
01-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Here is another "Nice Pair" (I mean couple).
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3621pics_private_201-med.jpg

DCBob
01-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Here is another "Nice Pair" (I mean couple).
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3621pics_private_201-med.jpg
Thats the picture:D Happy New Year Brian:)

BLEWBAYOU1
01-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks Bob, Happy New Years to you and your pretty wife.
Here is the one and only "Nice Pair" Last years Hooky Day.
http://http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3621Picture_219-med.jpg

BLEWBAYOU1
01-06-2007, 01:24 PM
were did the pic. go? Here it is!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3621Picture_219-med.jpg

acatitude
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
need a push????? N-SHIT

Dimarco21
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey LandSpeedRacer, from the sounds of your letter you're the kind of guy we need in boating;) I think Steve (NP) could deal w/someone sharing the name as long as Nice Pair was used in a gay way:jawdrop: if ya know what I mean:sqeyes:
I think (ouch) that Nice Pair's Gay Way would look good on Steve's (NP's) boat.:D
Would you keep it yellow and black letters like it is now or change it?:idea:
Maybe PINK letters would look O.K...Not in a gay way.:D

DCBob
01-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I think (ouch) that Nice Pair's Gay Way would look good on Steve's (NP's) boat.:D
Would you keep it yellow and black letters like it is now or change it?:idea:
Maybe PINK letters would look O.K...Not in a gay way.:D
Why yes:idea: Pink would be nice:D

EAZYKILLER2006
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
its bad luck to change a name, the ceremony you will have to perform, would be to sacrifice a virgin (over 18 of course...not many left?) that would have to be performed on the boat...with the laws and all...would ya chance all that?????

Smiley
01-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Why yes:idea: Pink would be nice:D
If NP were to change the lettering to pink then it would clash with the red!! So maybe a complete color change for the gay theme? How about a dark pink for the boat with light pink lettering?:D
Can we paint the engine covers too???

BUSHWACKER
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
In your quest to find an 18 year old virgin to sacrifice in these times you'll be long dead, and still won't find one.
How about just adding small II after the name.
I saw a 42 Fountain in Key West during RACE WEEK with BUSHWACKER on both sides years back, me being a nice guy I let it slide :D
Good luck in your record runs. GOD Speed.
LOL, ya can't even sacrifice easykiller05, Laurie's only 15 years old, or so myspace lists, and has 2 kids!

Dimarco21
01-07-2007, 09:32 AM
If NP were to change the lettering to pink then it would clash with the red!! So maybe a complete color change for the gay theme? How about a dark pink for the boat with light pink lettering?:D
Can we paint the engine covers too???
How'z 'bout these colors?:idea: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1949rainbow_flag.gif

Hammer
01-07-2007, 09:43 AM
There’s not room for two boats with pink graphics on the Smelta. Sorry NP ... I'm calling the copyright rule on the gay pink look. Find an 18 year old virgin and go thru the ritual of re-naming that twin whacker.
“Think Pink”

DCBob
01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
There’s not room for two boats with pink graphics on the Smelta. Sorry NP ... I'm calling the copyright rule on the gay pink look. Find an 18 year old virgin and go thru the ritual of re-naming that twin whacker.
“Think Pink”
Maybe if used tastefully, as D-21 suggested, with the rainbow collage (sp?) it would be sweet:sqeyes:

Hammer
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Maybe if used tastefully, as D-21 suggested, with the rainbow collage (sp?) it would be sweet:sqeyes:
Perhaps a meeting needs to be called at the He Man Woman Hater's Club (Tree House) to think this thing thru.
All I can tell ya is that NP will lose sleep over the pink gay thing. Tasteful or not ...Trust me on this one.

Hammer
01-07-2007, 10:36 AM
As for D-21 ….. I have five words for ya.
Velcro gloves and farm animals. He’s setting Steve up for failure on this one.

DAVEO
01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Damn and you were upset with me about this N/P.

NICE PAIR
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
"Good morning everybody" how's your brain cell count?:D

DAVEO
01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Did not know I had any left.:confused:

NICE PAIR
01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Did not know I had any left.:confused:
Careful your puter doesn't suck out whats left.;)

Dimarco21
01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Morning sunshine. I think I bruised the few brain cells I had left.:D

DAVEO
01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Careful your puter doesn't suck out whats left.;)
If feels like it did.

Hammer
01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Is that what that ringing in my ears is? Thanks NP .... That’s why you’re the leader of the Nor Cal bunch...... Infinite wisdom.

LandSpeedRacer
01-08-2007, 05:36 AM
WOW! All that feedback!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Seriously, thanks for all the input and kudos, I still stand by what I said and my conviction is stronger than before . . . especially after this!!!: eek: :eek: :eek:
On a good note we picked up our Halibrand quick change w/ 5 sets of gears, magnesium injection and Joe Hunt mag at the sprint car swap meet up in Chico over the weekend, and those were some of the last big ticket items I needed for the LSR project. Now I just need to get out in the shop and get busy instead of sitting in front of the computer . . . . . :D
Scott
AKA LandSpeedRacer

TAF
01-08-2007, 05:45 AM
:devil: just add the little "r" and yer different:jawdrop: :) :eek: :D

Smiley
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
How'z 'bout these colors?:idea: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1949rainbow_flag.gif
Only if he and Shorty get jackets to match!!!!!!!:sqeyes:

hulshot
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
WOW another NICE PAIR, I cant keep up with one leta lone two. Dont change the color of the boat, RED is awsome, just change the letters in the name to the rainbow colors. We al know he is the leader of the pack"ers".
Hey NP, did you mis me on the boards or what???????????:eek: :idea: :sqeyes:

NICE PAIR
01-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Hey NP, did you mis me on the boards or what???????????:eek: :idea: :sqeyes:
It looks like you got the puter workin, Welcome back, Dumpster.:D (you can't have too many nice pairs)

hulshot
01-12-2007, 11:39 AM
yea, it up alright. How bout" ANOTHER NICE PAIR OVER THERE WITH THE NOSE WAY TOO HIGH IN THE AIR, THAT PUT A SCARE AND SOMETHING IN THERE DAIRY AIR" Wow did I just write that crape. you guys are sucking me into this gay stuff.:D :D ;)

LandSpeedRacer
01-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Haven't read this thread in a while . . . . and now I can't figure out who is calling who gay :confused: . . . . so . . . . just to be clear, I am not or in any way gay or in any way affiliated with anyone who is . . . I was just letting NP know I'm changing the name of my boat! . . . :( . . really!!!!
Hey NP, question - is the hull you have an Ebko? I've got an Ebko Stinger with a 150 Merc for sale . . . I got it in a trade . . . Just wondering if they are a good hull - Thanks
Scott :D

NICE PAIR
01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
No gay's here, but some of these guys might be a little too happy.:D I don't know anything about an Ebco, you might ask on Scream & Fly, mostly wackers over there. How's the bonneville ride comin? Later Steve.

LandSpeedRacer
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Nice Pair -
What's up? Thanks for the interest on the LSR project. I've actually devoted more of my time since NYD (besides working) engineering some refinements to the boat and the turbo and fuel system. Im going to pull the engine and give it a once over, add some turbo oil drain fittings to the oil pan (currently using scavenge pumps) and at the same time I'll pull the v-drive and fix a leak and change the gears to some lower ones. Oh, and change the name. :D
As far as the LSR project, being unsponsored, I seem to be chasing funding more than doing the work. I did get many peices I needed recently including a quick change. I have a couple more things I want to experiment with on the boat before I devote all my time to new projects. I also want to be ready for Fathers Day week . . . . . :D
Take care
Scott

DCBob
01-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Happy Birthday to you .....Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday dear Nice Pair:eek: Happy Birthday to you...Have a good one ya old fart;)

Dimarco21
01-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Bappy Birf-day Steven. Wow finally 21 years old...now we can go have a mudslide together.

acatitude
01-19-2007, 10:22 PM
still havin them b-days huh???? have a happy:D

TUNNEL T
01-20-2007, 06:54 AM
ANOTHER B-DAY that deserves a cock tail for you !!!! HAPPY B-DAY TUNNEL T

DAVEO
01-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Damn how old are you now?
Happy Birthday there silver head.

NICE PAIR
01-20-2007, 09:03 AM