PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic grass

Fire Angler
01-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Does anyone have it installed at their home? If so, is it holding up? Can someone recommend a company near San Dimas?

Outnumbered
01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have it installed at their home? If so, is it holding up? Can someone recommend a company near San Dimas?
http://www.grassandgreens.com/index.htm
These guys just did my neighbor's house. They may have dealers in your area. It looks so real you have to touch it to see that its not. The true give away though is how green and perfect it always is. I am looking into getting some. It runs about $8/sqft installed...very spendy:jawdrop:

Outnumbered
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.grassandgreens.com/lawns.htm

SHOTKALLIN
01-06-2007, 01:51 AM
there is a guy in corona horsethief canyon who is fighting with his hoa because they said his synthetic grass was too perfect. its going to court.

GunninGopher
01-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I put some in my back yard last summer. It doesn't drain very well back there and I wanted the kids to play back there more than they did at the time. 900 square feet cost $7500.
It is holding up really great. My kids don't get near as dirty as they used to. Water drains right through.
One thing that sucks is I didn't used to worry about dirt and stuff getting in the grass, now I do. You can tell it's fake when you walk on it or touch it, but not to look at it, other than it looks too perfect.
I'd do all 4 lawns if I could afford it.

Fire Angler
01-06-2007, 07:27 AM
GunninGopher, What type of fake grass did you go with?
can you post a picture of your yard? I'd like to see it other than the manufacturers web site.

Fire Angler
01-06-2007, 07:28 AM
there is a guy in corona horsethief canyon who is fighting with his hoa because they said his synthetic grass was too perfect. its going to court.
Fock HOAs! When I had my condo, The HOA would bitch every time I had my boat in my driveway. I'll never make that mistake again.

RitcheyRch
01-06-2007, 07:48 AM
I am in an HOA as well and hate it. When move in the next few years am sure hoping can find a nice housen without a HOA. Cant deal with all the stupid laws.
Fock HOAs! I'll never make that mistake again.

tgotch
01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Check this out. Pretty cool, the NFL may be putting fiber optics in field turf in a few years.
http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2006/1127/058.html

Caribbean Jet
01-06-2007, 09:53 AM
What about pets and the synthetic grass? I have dogs.

Havasu1986
01-06-2007, 10:25 AM
What about pets and the synthetic grass? I have dogs.
Go to post #2 and click the link. It says pets are ok.

Fire Angler
01-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Forensic, I think most people who have ever lived in or are living in one now can relate to your Rant.... LOL

XTRM22
01-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I've had it in the back yard here in Havasu since July, and we love it. The dogs roll and play in it and it looks great. I'm not sure what brand it is, but Sw putting greens did it and while spendy, worth every penny!
Chuck

Havasu1986
01-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I've had it in the back yard here in Havasu since July, and we love it. The dogs roll and play in it and it looks great. I'm not sure what brand it is, but Sw putting greens did it and while spendy, worth every penny!
Chuck
What is the lifespan of the synthetic in the Havi sun and heat. Most I've seen is 15 years.

Ivan Dan
01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Any luck so far? I need to get some installed in my backyard soon.

havaduner
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I put it in my backyard, and its great. I used a company called Centerstage, they are located in Rancho Cucamonga, I think. There are several different types of "grass" blade type/length etc....
Its a bit expensive, but for the area I did its great, and I get nothing but compliments. From inside the house, you gotta look hard to see that its not real.

Fire Angler
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Any luck so far? I need to get some installed in my backyard soon.
I have a company coming out of San Diego Thursday for a quote. They use the 110oz fake grass, the 110oz is suppose to be the best. I'll let ya know.