PDA

View Full Version : OK Which one of you opened the Real Estate flood gate

SummitKarl
01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
It seems the first of the year as opened the flood gates again
with the exception of one garage addition in December( I am still drawing it) it's been dead for the last 5 months, the first of the year rolls around and WHAMO!!!!!!!! 5 new houses and 4 garage additions in the last 5 days....WTF people I can't draw that fast, oh well so much for any social schedule for the next 2 months:mad::D
so whats the Hot Boat consensus is the RE market returning or is it just start of the new year stuff ?

Havasu1986
01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Karl
Do you hand draw or are you using cad drawings.
Bobby

cxr133
01-06-2007, 04:25 PM
we were thinking of adding a garage addition.. with maybe like a 1 bedroom/ single apt. above.... Ballpark how much would something like that cost.... before i present it to the wife

Havasu1986
01-06-2007, 04:27 PM
If its in Havi they have height restrictions.

SummitKarl
01-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Karl
Do you hand draw or are you using cad drawings.
Bobby
WHEW... thank god it's all on CAD, one garage down today:D

SummitKarl
01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
we were thinking of adding a garage addition.. with maybe like a 1 bedroom/ single apt. above.... Ballpark how much would something like that cost.... before i present it to the wife
here in Havasu? most likely won't happen
don't know about Cali. PM Mandelon, bet he can do it for ya

Mrs.Racer277
01-06-2007, 04:46 PM
So that is where you have been hiding out today :)

cxr133
01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
here in Havasu? most likely won't happen
don't know about Cali. PM Mandelon, bet he can do it for ya
yeah So Cal.
i dont think we have a height restriction... a lady across the street was on the Extreme Home Makeover and they added a second story to her house
right now i have a detached garage in the back. so we are thinking about adding a 2 car garage w/ small apt. on top
Thanks

Faceaz
01-06-2007, 05:34 PM
We have a house in Parker (Marina Manor), that I'm hoping to add approx. 10' onto the Garage. Garage is 22' & the boat is 30' on the trailer & we can still maintain the 10' setback. We want to do it in April / May, I've already run it past the HOA & it doesn't seem like there will be any problems. Basic stuff: saw cut drive for footings, stick framing, stucco exterior. Any interest? ~ Thanks,

locogringo
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I smell a self-promoting thread (eventhough nothing is wrong with that).
The market IS on a downtrend for the next 3 years. I guarantee that. Every downturn has an upturn in another area of the country.
I feel Havasu is on the downturn as well though.

INSman
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
The market IS on a downtrend for the next 3 years. I guarantee that. Every downturn has an upturn in another area of the country.
3 years ?? Put the crackpipe down.........:mad: You don't have what it takes to be guaranteeing anything, unless you want to guarantee 1.6 million on a 2.0 million house I have now and you give me a check for the appraised value above 2.0 million in 36 months !!! :D
Your pessimism is boring at best

2Driver
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM
We have been either living at or going to the river since 1985 and I have to say I can't remember any real bad times. It is a pretty resilient market and at times 180 from my predictions.

SummitKarl
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
We have a house in Parker (Marina Manor), that I'm hoping to add approx. 10' onto the Garage. Garage is 22' & the boat is 30' on the trailer & we can still maintain the 10' setback. We want to do it in April / May, I've already run it past the HOA & it doesn't seem like there will be any problems. Basic stuff: saw cut drive for footings, stick framing, stucco exterior. Any interest? ~ Thanks,
sure I can draw for La Paz county, just give me 6-8wks warning before you need permit

SummitKarl
01-06-2007, 06:24 PM
nope don't want any more work at the moment at least not for 2 more weeks:D